PDA

View Full Version : speedville

2.0turbo
10-28-2004, 05:16 PM
Anyone have any problems with speedville/ae tuning?

I have had nothing but issues with them since I had my talon done there and wondering if anyone has had any work with them and if it went good or bad.

frozenrice
10-28-2004, 06:41 PM
The only thing that I can say is that one of the guys there (I am assuming he was the owner) didn't have much of a personality. Almost like he didn't want anything to do with me. It was enough to turn me around and right out the door.

88CRX
10-28-2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice
The only thing that I can say is that one of the guys there (I am assuming he was the owner) didn't have much of a personality. Almost like he didn't want anything to do with me. It was enough to turn me around and right out the door.

same here :thumbsdow

maximus
10-28-2004, 06:55 PM
Who Carl?? Maybe he was just busy. He's an awesome guy and he's always been friendly to me and accomodating even though I own a VW. He still tries to find stuff for me. I don't know, maybe its the attitudes people walk in with?? I've seen it before just waiting around.

88CRX
10-28-2004, 07:03 PM
i need some ricer bulbs for the old crx..... its the closest place to me in the south i fiqured i'd stop by and pick some up.

walked in, asked for a set and i got a ....

"we dont have any" responce :thumbsdow

so i asked when will you have some.....

"i dunno."

turned around and left :thumbsdow never been back:thumbsdow

marq-jt
10-28-2004, 07:04 PM
hmmm they gave me a pretty good service got no problem with them... and i hope later on in the future as well...
but hey it mgiht have been just a mis understanding ... yah never know ... but neways its all good... lol

GT2NV
10-28-2004, 08:23 PM
he ordered the wrong springs for me...that was the only time i went in there...
he also installed my buddys springs wrong, backs on fronts fronts on backs....
but OTHER than that lol, pretty good:thumbsup:

thinmyster
10-28-2004, 08:45 PM
i had deal with speedville abunch over the summer.. some good and some bad experiences thou.. 1st off i actually have no problem with carl hes a really nice guy and upfront but fucking hard to get a hold of...

when i was looking for the pieces for my spoiler he found a junkyard that had them. They had orriginally quoted him 500 bucks (nothings cheap for a Mr2) but told me to go down there and see if i could for less and if not, call him back.. Anyways got the pieces for 200 which was a steal

but when i got everything painted and installed on my car I had major problems (lets just say there attention to detail isnt good) even though he didnt physically do the paint his people are brutal!

but all in all he does give good prices (which is always good). My side skirts that i ordered were too short so hes sending them back and going to get me new ones at cost. He said he could get them painted for me for cheap but i think id rather do them myself.

Thats all... still going to do business there but to a limited extent

Honda_Chick
10-28-2004, 09:59 PM
really really bad times he welded my exhaust on and it the welds broke 4 times finally i welded it myself personally i think he a hack and im not the only one

00sir
10-29-2004, 11:10 AM
I saw the hack job they did on installing my buddies turbo... not too impressed. They also managed to somehow put the strut bar back on the wrong way.

brandon
10-29-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by 2.0turbo
Anyone have any problems with speedville/ae tuning?

I have had nothing but issues with them since I had my talon done there and wondering if anyone has had any work with them and if it went good or bad.

andrew are you still bitching? lol j/k

crazydave
10-29-2004, 05:26 PM
wow, lots of bad dealings with them eh? im from lethbridge and i was wondering where these guys are located. im always trying to learn more speed shops in calgary to go visit when im there since there isnt really any here.

Maxt
10-29-2004, 08:28 PM
Karl is a pretty honest guy, both him and Al(AEtuning) stand behind what they do...I have seen both of them eat huge amounts of money, when both suppliers and customers caused problems to cars, that were out of both Karls and Als control...
Its funny, last year there was a thread like this, and all the whiners turned out be 15 year olds, who were upset Karl wouldn't kiss thier asses for a 9.00 sticker transaction...

I help out there sometimes, karl does get put off by some people and sometimes shows disinterest, as would I if I had the phone calls he gets..
Examples:

Shitforbrains= " Yeah I am thinking about buying this car, if I buy it I want to mod it, so yeah like would you research everything with part numbers for performance stuff and then like email it to me, but don't order anything yet, cuz I am not sure if I am gonna buy that car, or another one I saw"....
5 minutes later..
" yeah I callled awhile ago, I didn't get an email with those mods and parts and prices"
karl=" Ok whatever" so he takes half hour throws together a budget price and emails it..
Shitforbrains="umm that car is to expensive to mod, I am looking at this other car now, can you do the same again"...
Karl =" umm no, buy the car, come down, and we'll talk"
Shitforbrains" well actually I don't have the money to buy the car, but if My uncles stepfathers mother dies on Sunday, I might get some money"....
Karl=" When you get your car, come down"... CLick...

Um yeah.... I am sure Karl would love to spend hours researching for parts, for some kid who doesn't even actually own the car, never mind the fact Karl does have a family to take care of on top of turning wrenches..
Or

Shitforbrains= " Yeah I saw this part on the internet, Can you get it, oh yeah your price is like a 75 cents higher than their price, they don't include shipping, but if you do I will buy it from you..."..

Or the one I love the most

Shitforbrains=" Yeah my buddy's are opening a performance shop, so I get like killer deals from them, so can you beat this price of Xxxx.xxx"

Karl=" no I can't beat that, go buy it from your buddy"

Shitforbrains= " well my buddy hasn't got his website setup an stuff, so I can't buy it from him, so can you match the price....
:dunno:

Or another favourite.
Shitforbrains= " yeah I got this off the internet, cuz it was cheaper than you and everyone else, but it won't work right and fit right, me and my buddy mangled it and the car trying to get it to work, the guy I bought it from won't return my money or email,can you install it for me and make it work?"

Karl=" Yeah, its gonna take half a day and some materials say about 200 bucks"

Shitforbrains=" 200 bucks, shit, why so much, umm how about 150 and will you guarantee it? If I spend 200 , I ain't saving any money at all.."
Yeah well....

Karl="you want me to guarantee a part that you bought somewhere else and nearly destroyed trying to put it in a car its not really for"
Shitforbrains="yeah why not, you sell those parts to, can't you warranty them"...

I just love people like that, they buy stuff elsewhere, and show up there when they have totally fucked it, and ran out of options..
Then there are the people that totally handcuff them with the limited budget stuff, those people are the worst, they don't want to spend a fucking cent, but they want total perfection when they demand the lowest price and the cheapest parts...
Out of every 100 clowns that walks or phones a speedshop , only 1 actually is serious, or will pay for quality work, the other 99% are people who want the lowest price, quickly, even though they are told otherwise buy the speedshop, or Karl in this case that it won't work or won't last... But the customer is always right...
Those 2 are probably two of the most stand up guys in the calgary automotive scene....Maxt

00sir
10-30-2004, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Maxt
Its funny, last year there was a thread like this, and all the whiners turned out be 15 year olds, who were upset Karl wouldn't kiss thier asses for a 9.00 sticker transaction...
I'm not 15 and I can tell ya I've got more than $9 into my car. Just bad customer service.

badseed
10-30-2004, 09:04 AM
Piece of crap shit store IMO. [love the riced out Z24 in the tacky showroom].

Loose
10-30-2004, 09:19 AM
Wasn't there something about a stolen car being found at speedville while an employee or something was striping it?

This would have been about 2 years ago.

My appologies my memory is wrong and the shop was not speedville.

BigMass
10-30-2004, 09:44 AM
Karl is a pretty honest guy, both him and Al(AEtuning) stand behind what they do...
*SNIP*
....Maxt

Good post man, i'm sure that happens a lot to any tuning shop.

THREE40SEVEN
10-30-2004, 10:49 AM
Karl is a pretty honest guy, both him and Al(AEtuning) stand behind what they do...I have seen both of them eat huge amounts of money, when both suppliers and customers caused problems to cars, that were out of both Karls and Als control...

I help out there sometimes, karl does get put off by some people and sometimes shows disinterest, as would I if I had the phone calls he gets..
Examples:

Shitforbrains= " Yeah I am thinking about buying this car, if I buy it I want to mod it, so yeah like would you research everything with part numbers for performance stuff and then like email it to me, but don't order anything yet, cuz I am not sure if I am gonna buy that car, or another one I saw"....
5 minutes later..
" yeah I callled awhile ago, I didn't get an email with those mods and parts and prices"
karl=" Ok whatever" so he takes half hour throws together a budget price and emails it..
Shitforbrains="umm that car is to expensive to mod, I am looking at this other car now, can you do the same again"...
Karl =" umm no, buy the car, come down, and we'll talk"
Shitforbrains" well actually I don't have the money to buy the car, but if My uncles stepfathers mother dies on Sunday, I might get some money"....
Karl=" When you get your car, come down"... CLick...

Um yeah.... I am sure Karl would love to spend hours researching for parts, for some kid who doesn't even actually own the car, never mind the fact Karl does have a family to take care of on top of turning wrenches..
Or

Shitforbrains= " Yeah I saw this part on the internet, Can you get it, oh yeah your price is like a 75 cents higher than their price, they don't include shipping, but if you do I will buy it from you..."..

Or the one I love the most

Shitforbrains=" Yeah my buddy's are opening a performance shop, so I get like killer deals from them, so can you beat this price of Xxxx.xxx"

Karl=" no I can't beat that, go buy it from your buddy"

Shitforbrains= " well my buddy hasn't got his website setup an stuff, so I can't buy it from him, so can you match the price....
:dunno:

Or another favourite.
Shitforbrains= " yeah I got this off the internet, cuz it was cheaper than you and everyone else, but it won't work right and fit right, me and my buddy mangled it and the car trying to get it to work, the guy I bought it from won't return my money or email,can you install it for me and make it work?"

Karl=" Yeah, its gonna take half a day and some materials say about 200 bucks"

Shitforbrains=" 200 bucks, shit, why so much, umm how about 150 and will you guarantee it? If I spend 200 , I ain't saving any money at all.."
Yeah well....

Karl="you want me to guarantee a part that you bought somewhere else and nearly destroyed trying to put it in a car its not really for"
Shitforbrains="yeah why not, you sell those parts to, can't you warranty them"...

I just love people like that, they buy stuff elsewhere, and show up there when they have totally fucked it, and ran out of options..
Then there are the people that totally handcuff them with the limited budget stuff, those people are the worst, they don't want to spend a fucking cent, but they want total perfection when they demand the lowest price and the cheapest parts...
Out of every 100 clowns that walks or phones a speedshop , only 1 actually is serious, or will pay for quality work, the other 99% are people who want the lowest price, quickly, even though they are told otherwise buy the speedshop, or Karl in this case that it won't work or won't last... But the customer is always right...
Those 2 are probably two of the most stand up guys in the calgary automotive scene....Maxt
Sounds familiar.. LOL:D

2.0turbo
10-30-2004, 12:43 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Maxt

Turbos, motor rebuilds, clutch installs, suspensions, tires, are not $9.00 transactions.

I'll be the first to say, well the second, that there are a lot of idiots out there who take nice people like Karl for granted because he has a service that requires business to survive. Your twenty minute text conversation happens everywhere no matter what business or service you provide. His service and workmanship, unfortunately is very poor. I guess that is why he no longers has a shop.

962 kid
10-30-2004, 01:21 PM

His service and workmanship, unfortunately is very poor. I guess that is why he no longers has a shop.

speedville just moved a couple blocks :dunno:

2.0turbo
10-30-2004, 01:29 PM
When's the last time you where there? Cause he moved again.

Maxt
10-30-2004, 05:00 PM
When's the last time you where there? Cause he moved again.
yes he still has a shop..

Ummm no he hasn't moved again....

Both he and Al took the old western motorsports because of a situation with the landlord and the flooring shop they were next to before, it got to the point, they couldnt even put the key in the ignition of a car without the neighbour complaining, the bay they are in now, is mostly automotive or auto related, so there are no complaints about fumes or cars running..Their service can't be that bad, because they are expanding..
Yes there was an incident a couple of years back involving and ex employee, and stolen car parts, incidently one of the the people caught was a mitsubishi buddy of 2.0turbo, and one of the cars that was broken into belonged to a friend of mine Soloracer..
.. Are you the guy that couldn't figure out how to run his profec B?
:rolleyes: ...

Piece of crap shit store IMO. [love the riced out Z24 in the tacky showroom].
That car belonged to a guy called Jessie, it was not Speedvilles, yes the z24 is not my cup of tea, but the guy poured his heart into that car, you could eat off the floormats of that thing, he did it cuz he loved that car, thats dedication,some people could learn something from that guy...maxt

2.0turbo
10-30-2004, 05:39 PM

yes he still has a shop..

Ummm no he hasn't moved again....

Both he and Al took the old western motorsports because of a situation with the landlord and the flooring shop they were next to before, it got to the point, they couldnt even put the key in the ignition of a car without the neighbour complaining, the bay they are in now, is mostly automotive or auto related, so there are no complaints about fumes or cars running..Their service can't be that bad, because they are expanding..
Yes there was an incident a couple of years back involving and ex employee, and stolen car parts, incidently one of the the people caught was a mitsubishi buddy of 2.0turbo, and one of the cars that was broken into belonged to a friend of mine Soloracer..
.. Are you the guy that couldn't figure out how to run his profec B?
:rolleyes: ...

That car belonged to a guy called Jessie, it was not Speedvilles, yes the z24 is not my cup of tea, but the guy poured his heart into that car, you could eat off the floormats of that thing, he did it cuz he loved that car, thats dedication,some people could learn something from that guy...maxt

Friend of mine that stole a car? I have no idea what your talking about. Just cause he/she may have a mitsubishi doesn't mean I know them or talk to them.

My profec B was not the problem, it was my actuator. Thanks for comming out:tongue:

Maxt
10-30-2004, 05:50 PM
So you still have the profec B? I love know it alls, remember there is a reason you have to take your car to a shop for installs in the first place.....
Your pal Kevin, knows about the stolen stuff at speedville, ask him about it...:)...maxt

brandon
10-30-2004, 06:01 PM
I happen to really like karl and think hes a great guy, And I know for a fact that 2.0turbo has had many of problems there that were speedvilles fault. Karl does not get as much buisness now and I agree his new shop is a POS. But Karl is a great and freindly guy! I havent had any complaints about his work!

ninjak84
10-30-2004, 06:15 PM
Me and a few friends used to have nothing but problems before we stopped going. Late parts, wrong parts, damaged parts, and botched installs. That was a long time ago. Haven't been there for about 2-3 years, so maybe things have changed by now.

Sure Karl's a good guy, but a terrible businessman.

That's my 2 cents

knees scrapin'
10-30-2004, 06:18 PM
Karl and Al are good guys. The tuning market and the auto market in general are tough to be in at anytime. Time wasters and lowballers are always an issue.

I have spent a few dollars at Karls shop over the past few years. He has always been good to me even though I worked for the flooring company that made his life a living hell. Stand up guy.

Just like anywhere good help is hard to find. And finding honest help is even harder.

:closed:

2.0turbo
10-31-2004, 01:11 PM
So you still have the profec B? I love know it alls, remember there is a reason you have to take your car to a shop for installs in the first place.....
Your pal Kevin, knows about the stolen stuff at speedville, ask him about it...:)...maxt

yes I still have the profec. I don't recall ever saying to anyone that I "know it all." You sound like a dumb ass.

rx7_turbo2
10-31-2004, 01:11 PM
I had Speedville install a clutch in my 91 GTI.

I brought the car to them last minute, and asked for them to slide it in if they could. Karl was more than accomidating, and the work got done to my satisfaction in a timely fashion. I had NO problems with them whatsoever and was more than happy with the way they delt with me and the job they did on my car.

I've gone in to discuss things with Karl on a regular basis and he's always been good with me. Has he become a little jaded because of all the ass clowns he has to deal with on a regular basis? Sure any one of us would. If your serious about something and you actually have the money and intrest Karl will pick up on that, and you'll find he's a great guy to deal with.

Now I don't know what 2.0turbo's relationship with Kevin is but even the mention of it pretty much shoots his credibility to shit now doesnt it.

Maxt
10-31-2004, 01:42 PM

yes I still have the profec. I don't recall ever saying to anyone that I "know it all." You sound like a dumb ass.
Is your real name Red or just watching to much 70's show...
Its just funny having a guy who couldn't install his own boost controller now second guessing someone else's workmanship...I would have to lay a bet you blew your motor again, and are just looking for someone to blame..Phone Al on monday and tell him what a lousy mechanic he is, I am sure he will appreciate your call, and will be more than willing to discuss your problems with you.

Maxt

2.0turbo
10-31-2004, 02:55 PM
No, I didn't blow the motor, nor did I blow it in the first place. Just wanted a "freshen up" and decided to go with new rods, pistons, head bolts.....etc.

The main bearing is the failure in this aplication, nothing to do with how the motor was operated

Every situation is different and I won't get into the details of mine other than it was poor workmanship form day one. I will tell you this though, their excellent mechanic put in two different spark plugs when he assembled the motor. That will give you an idea of their attention to detail.

rx7_turbo2
10-31-2004, 03:05 PM

Every situation is different and I won't get into the details of mine other than it was poor workmanship form day one.

That's chicken shit plain and simple. If your going to critisize a shop for poor workmanship at least have the balls to explain the senario and give a detailed account of WHY you think there was poor workmanship. The credibility of your claims is slowly tanking. How are any of us supposed to believe you if you won't go into any detail? Any clown can come on an internet forum and make claims about a shop, please back your claims up with some real examples of the poor workmanship you keep claiming.

2.0turbo
10-31-2004, 03:13 PM
I'm sorry you feel that way. I would love to go into the details and prove my case to you but since this matter is going to court, I don't want to tilt my hand. I do appreciate all the feedback though and I'm glad that you have a mechanic shop that you can go to and trust.

rx7_turbo2
10-31-2004, 03:18 PM
I'm sorry you feel that way. I would love to go into the details and prove my case to you but since this matter is going to court, I don't want to tilt my hand. go to and trust.

That's understandable. However if you knew that you would be unable to prove or reveal your experiences would it not have been better to not say anything.

2.0turbo
10-31-2004, 03:39 PM
I did:
My motor was built from the ground up, many things went wrong, the attention to detail was poor (ie: two different spark plugs among many other things), motor self destructed after 7000kms.

rx7_turbo2
10-31-2004, 03:52 PM
I did:
My motor was built from the ground up, many things went wrong, the attention to detail was poor (ie: two different spark plugs among many other things), motor self destructed after 7000kms.

Ok how about you elaborate on the "many things went wrong" statement, or the "attention to detail was poor" comment (other than the spark plugs that was mentioned) In additon what killed the motor? See these are all things that you need to reveal if your opinion of the shop in question is to have any merit. If you fail to reveal the details and just keep spouting off the same comments then your opinion means less and less with every post.

I do however appreciate the fact your posting in a civil manor.

2.0turbo
10-31-2004, 04:17 PM
What difference would my opinion make to you, you seem quite happy with the service?

I did mention that the motor died because the main bearing wore out to almost nothing on one side of it. Once it went, a pro-active mechanic would have the idea to change the crank and inpect the motor, not just replace the worn out bearing. The bearing, of course, went not 20 minutes down the road.

Maxt
10-31-2004, 05:23 PM
I'm sorry you feel that way. I would love to go into the details and prove my case to you but since this matter is going to court, I don't want to tilt my hand. I do appreciate all the feedback though and I'm glad that you have a mechanic shop that you can go to and trust.
Thats the difference, I don't need a mechanic shop for anything,I do all my own work no matter what it is...My opinion of a shop is not based on what they have done for me, its what I see them doing when I am there buying parts. I have alot of respect for Al, he is a good engine builder and has done enough of them to know what he is doing.. I can't see him only replacing one bearing and cheaping out that way, even if it was requested of him, I still can't see him doing it, lets not forget, mechanics make their money selling parts, its not in their interest to go half assed...
All I can say, is if you take to court, you will need two mechanics with equal experience to testify, otherwise the Judge will toss your case on its ear...Your testimony means nothing, if you were an expert on engines and diagnosis, you would not be at a shop having your engine done, you would be doing it yourself, and thats what they will tell you, and everyone should remember that...maxt

2.0turbo
10-31-2004, 05:36 PM
Oh, a mechanic and a legal adviser. :eek:

00redLUDE
11-01-2004, 12:11 AM
Buddy and I went in there once, where both older than 15, looked around, employees didn't seen to acknowledge us or give a crap about us. We left, haven't been back there since. :dunno:

DJ Lazy
11-01-2004, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Loose
Wasn't there something about a stolen car being found at speedville while an employee or something was striping it?

This would have been about 2 years ago.

My appologies my memory is wrong and the shop was not speedville.

No.. you are correct.. that would have been my car that was getting stripped, and the guy who was stripping it was one of Karls employees....

Boosted_TL
11-01-2004, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by DJ Lazy

No.. you are correct.. that would have been my car that was getting stripped, and the guy who was stripping it was one of Karls employees....

So that was your car ??? I heard that you were charged with Insurance Fraud for being an accomplice.....

2.0turbo
11-01-2004, 03:04 PM
I was not trying to bash speedville/ae tuning, Karl or Al. My car is fucked because it ate itself up from the inside out and I JUST WANT IT FIXED. I was hoping that someone might have had a similar problem or provide me with some ammo to help me in court. Thanks to all who participated.

Maxt
11-01-2004, 06:00 PM
I would say to you, you should start telling the whole story before you go posting anymore...
There is alot more detail about this car than 2.0 turbo is telling.. To be honest I had him mistaken with another talon owner with a boost controller problem, I now know which car it is, and which owner it is... And I am not suprised the engine is blown...
I checked some of your older posts and found the stuff you posted about kevin and his talon and him having the wrong pfc and blaming Karl, thats not true, the thing that fried Kevins car, was Kevin, his track record of killing cars is longer than you standing on his shoulders, word of advice, don't call him as an expert witness....maxt

2.0turbo
11-01-2004, 06:33 PM
You talk about knowing all the fact before posting and yet you post that my motor is blown when infact I drove it into the shop that is tearing it apart right now. The problem is a worn out main thrust bearing, not a spun bearing, cracked piston, or blown anything. Being the expert that you are maybe you could, instead of insinuating that I am an idiot know nothing, tell me what would cause a main thrust bearing to completely wear out on one side. Let's take this one step further and pretend that you where the mechanic that built the motor and a customer brought the car back, you pulled the bearing and found the problem, what would you do or say? I would guess, cause your so smart, that you wouldn't simply replace the bearing without first checking to see if there was something wrong in order to cause such an issue. Maybe your a half ass mechanic too, who knows.

And since Kevin has absolutely nothing to do with this issue, keep him out of it. If you want to post something about him, do it on your own thread.

Maxt
11-01-2004, 06:53 PM
Blown motor is a figure of speech..... Let just say you warned about how you treated your car, and you did not heed the warnings...I could understand being frustrated if you were the doting caring car owner you would like everyone to beleive, but thats pretty far from the truth, what causes bearing problems, abuse , hows that... :poosie: .....
Hey, remember , you felt the need to talk about Kevins "problems" as well previously.... birds of a feather.....:nut: ....

Maxt

Maxt
11-01-2004, 07:01 PM
I should also add, its not like these cars are immune from crank/bearing problems, there has been a history of these cars and crank walking for ever....Maxt

2.0turbo
11-01-2004, 07:01 PM
I was warned about how I treated my motor? You obviously have no idea at all who I am or what the situation is. You were mixed up before as to who I was, and you are mixed up know. Seriously man, you have no idea what you are talking about. How is it that I could go over 100,000 kms on a freely modded, otherwise unreliable car with not one problem with the motor and then 7000kms after a rebuild, have a fucked up motor.

Maxt
11-01-2004, 07:05 PM
Tell us why you were denied warranty....

2.0turbo
11-01-2004, 07:21 PM
I was told my transmission may have had something to do with it however, It's the same tranny I had before and nothing is wrong with it.
Maybe since you know so much you could tell me why there was no warranty.

Maxt
11-01-2004, 07:32 PM
You know why there is no warranty.. As I said before, tell the whole story, or don't tell it at all..maxt

2.0turbo
11-01-2004, 07:39 PM
No I don't. Seriously, inlighten me here. There was no good reason and that is why this is such an issue. Tell me what's on your mind.

Maxt
11-01-2004, 07:50 PM
yah, ok .. play dumb for the crowd.... I think everyone can pretty much surmise for themselves why your car is in the state its in....maxt

rx7_turbo2
11-01-2004, 09:25 PM
cough Owner bagged on car cough

I have no trouble reading between the lines.

brandon
11-01-2004, 09:41 PM
i can vouch that 2.0turbo doesnt bag on his car. Stop phoning up karl every second after he replies to find out new shit to bring up. Of course karl isnt going to like him if hes taking him to court?! let him state his mind and if you dont like it then go fuck your self?

kthx

Maxt
11-02-2004, 07:25 AM
Oh yeah, we'll just go fuck ourselves so that you don't have to save face for being a couple of clowns on the internet, blaming someone else for destroying your own engine...yeah ok, I am sure thats a reasonable solution....Kids.......:rolleyes: ....Maxt

heavyD
11-02-2004, 01:58 PM
I don't know all of the details but is that not the white talon that the owner put synthetic oil in before the engine was properly broken in? Put in some royal purple oil and got major blow-by and came in complaining. Changed oil and no problems right. I can tell you right now that using synthetic before a proper break-in will end your court case pretty quick. Take a look at a bottle of Redline synthetic. It says not to use it until 2000 miles on a rebuilt engine. If you are that guy, you are screwed.:cry:

ZorroAMG
11-02-2004, 02:46 PM
This may be a little off topic due to how the thread has turned to one person's issues with installs but:

A shop that helps people regardless of their age, knowledge and amount of cash to spend with EQUAL attention is a good shop. Period.

I remember back when I was 17 with my jetta, going to Rob at Contemporary looking for stupid Neuspeed stickers and exhaust tips. He treated me with as much respect as he does now when I spend 5K on wheels. THAT is service.

Someone so blind to not realize that these "pains in the ass wanting $9 stickers" are going to be their future loyal customers is an idiot. Business is built on customer sevice and my advice to speedville is to take a page out of other companies here in calgary. Time wasters are part of the business, so deal with it. You can't be too cool for some people's business if you are closed due to the lack of it.

heavyD
11-02-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
This may be a little off topic due to how the thread has turned to one person's issues with installs but:

A shop that helps people regardless of their age, knowledge and amount of cash to spend with EQUAL attention is a good shop. Period.

I remember back when I was 17 with my jetta, going to Rob at Contemporary looking for stupid Neuspeed stickers and exhaust tips. He treated me with as much respect as he does now when I spend 5K on wheels. THAT is service.

Someone so blind to not realize that these "pains in the ass wanting $9 stickers" are going to be their future loyal customers is an idiot. Business is built on customer sevice and my advice to speedville is to take a page out of other companies here in calgary. Time wasters are part of the business, so deal with it. You can't be too cool for some people's business if you are closed due to the lack of it.

Obviously you haven't ever stood at T&T for 20 minutes while the contemporary guys sit and bullshit with their buds and not even ask what you're looking for. Or when you call them and they say "yeah I got it, come on down" and when you get there "oh sorry, we don't have any for your car, I thought you said you had a civic". The only guy I ever got good service from T&T was Mark Lacey and then he went to Tunerworks.

The point is that everyone has their good and bad story about vendors. It is the nature of the parts business.

The original thread was from the guy who was hoping a bunch of people would say they got ripped off from Speedville so he could take it into court for ammunition. He will find out the hard way that when it comes to performance goods/rebuilds, etc. warranty is very grey. If you cannot prove 100% that the bearing wear was a result of improper installation you have no case and when the subject of "large aftermarket turbo" and "xx psi boost" is bought in, it's case closed. Live and learn.

2.0turbo
11-02-2004, 03:26 PM
Well, all this shit about who's fault this problem is can come to and end as of today. The shop dismanteling the motor got the thing apart....crank was machined except for the outer side of the slot where the main thrust bearing sits, standard sized bearing wer put in when a bigger size should have been used and Al the mechanic is going to bat for me with the machine shop. So everyone who said anything about me abusing the car and causing this issue can now officially Shut The Fuck Up.

Boosted_TL
11-02-2004, 03:37 PM
Well, all this shit about who's fault this problem is can come to and end as of today. The shop dismanteling the motor got the thing apart....crank was machined except for the outer side of the slot where the main thrust bearing sits, standard sized bearing wer put in when a bigger size should have been used and Al the mechanic is going to bat for me with the machine shop. So everyone who said anything about me abusing the car and causing this issue can now officially Shut The Fuck Up.

Well said Andrew !! Especially Max, he needs to calm down and worry about his own issue's....

heavyD
11-02-2004, 03:57 PM

Alberta Chrome & Grinding? :( Just a hunch.

403Gemini
11-02-2004, 04:19 PM

Originally posted by Boosted_TL

So that was your car ??? I heard that you were charged with Insurance Fraud for being an accomplice.....

yea man tell the whole story ;) i have no position to say it since i dont know if you want that story being pulled out haha

anyways when i went to speedville i got pretty good service. I was asking for a price on eibach lowering springs for my car and a short throw shifter. he gave me price of the springs and install seperate (which i like) and told me he didnt have any manufactures who carried the short throw, but he did recommend a few sites and said he could install it for me if i watned too... needless to say ive changed my mind about doin up my car and savin up for a new one, but karl seemed like a great guy and i had no complaints. he gave me plenty of attention and didnt seem annoyed (or thought i was crazy ahaha asking to do up a saturn lol)

crazydave
11-02-2004, 04:20 PM

:werd: im not sure about the shop he is talking about but i agree with what he is saying on how deals are deals, and it doenst matter how old you are and how much money you got. kids dont get treated with any respect i find. i dont live in calgary so i dont know the shops and this is really off topic but if you are in a store you should be treated with as much respect as if you are buying a wheels or a sticker.

'93 SR-V
11-02-2004, 04:35 PM
I ordered my body kit from them in the spring. They got the rear and sides in good time, but couldn't get the front lip in for months (to be fair, nobody in town could). My car was getting body work done from A-1 autobody at the time, and speedville was good with accommodating this. I had speedville fit the kit and a-1 paint it. Carl was good enough to even drop the kit off for paint for me.

Carl seems like a good guy, but I have to say that the attention to detail isn't what it could be. The plastic fender liners are hacked up and my passenger side skirt feels like it could fall off at any moment.

To be fair, every shop has it's problems. (I had impressions do my alarm... three times before they did everything that I had initially paid for and got it all to work.. and they scratched my freshly painted door and broke the plastic panel by my hood release in the process).

I don't think speedville is the best shop in the city, but I don't know of any really good shops in Calgary.

Maxt
11-02-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Boosted_TL

Well said Andrew !! Especially Max, he needs to calm down and worry about his own issue's....

What issues are that..... Defending people I know who are good people from weasels who are too chicken shit to say shit to the face of people they are accusing of things?.....

He's still not telling the whole story.....
But the crank thing is nice out for him.... I hope he apologizes to Karl and AL... I am sure as shit not gonna apologize to the little puke.. The drama's of prepubescents driving cars they don't understand and can't afford to own tends to cost everyone.. Karl bent over backwards for this guy....

You are a mortgage specialist, would you mortage your future and your business on customers that can't afford a 9.00 dollar sticker?, did you haggle with Rob for him to sell you a sticker for a loss, because you told him once you got a job you would be back to buy wheels? No.. Hang around any shop in town and you will see what kinda people these are... They are people that always expect you to cut them deal , everytime, when is the store owner allowed to make money? never?..cmon...

There are some good young people on this forum not all of them are boneheads, but man, it bugs me to see someone try to paint themselves as a vicitim, when they are just a vicitim of themselves...maxt

Maxt
11-02-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

yea man tell the whole story ;) i have no position to say it since i dont know if you want that story being pulled out haha

anyways when i went to speedville i got pretty good service. I was asking for a price on eibach lowering springs for my car and a short throw shifter. he gave me price of the springs and install seperate (which i like) and told me he didnt have any manufactures who carried the short throw, but he did recommend a few sites and said he could install it for me if i watned too... needless to say ive changed my mind about doin up my car and savin up for a new one, but karl seemed like a great guy and i had no complaints. he gave me plenty of attention and didnt seem annoyed (or thought i was crazy ahaha asking to do up a saturn lol)

Maybe we should talk about that incident.... That cost another Beyond forum member alot of money(soloracer), his car will never be the same due to a few select morons, who have surfaced in this thread....Max

DJ Lazy
11-02-2004, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

Its lurking around beyond somewhere... But I will admit it was a dumb thing that I did, and I paid my due's. End of Story.

1992_prelude_sr
11-02-2004, 07:37 PM
I wen't to speedville tuning..
They gave me a gas mask hooked up to nos. * looked like a dentist*:dunno:

and when I woke up... my shirt was on backwards and I was missing a shoe:confused:

DJ Lazy
11-02-2004, 07:38 PM

Maybe we should talk about that incident.... That cost another Beyond forum member alot of money(soloracer), his car will never be the same due to a few select morons, who have surfaced in this thread....Max

And if you are pointing your finger at me, you can look elsewhere. I never had anything to do with anyone's car, other than my own.

2.0turbo
11-02-2004, 07:49 PM
quote: by maxt (sorry forgot to quote his highness)

What issues are that..... Defending people I know who are good people from weasels who are too chicken shit to say shit to the face of people they are accusing of things?.....

He's still not telling the whole story.....
But the crank thing is nice out for him.... I hope he apologizes to Karl and AL... I am sure as shit not gonna apologize to the little puke.. The drama's of prepubescents driving cars they don't understand and can't afford to own tends to cost everyone.. Karl bent over backwards for this guy....

WOW,

you just cant get it through your thick scull that the problem with the motor has nothing to do with me. A nice out? I wouldn't be taking an "out" if it wasn't for this whole problem. You are a complete fucking idiot with absolutely know idea as to the real issue. If you want to take a look at the motor yourself, you can pm me and I will personally escort your stupid ass to the shop that has disasembled it and you can talk the that mechanic. Yes, Karl was a decent guy to deal with. Since the motor ended up costing $2000 more than originally planned due to issues out of anyones control, he helped with with a payment plan. $4000 is alot of money to give someone before they even started the work. But to give someone $6000 for a piece of shit motor is a little rediculous, that is why this experience turned to shit.
The simple fact remains that the motor did not last due to insufficient workmanship. New data has been accuired and it turns out that the machine shop machined the crank .25 over and the wrong size bearings where used. Standard size, not over size.
You don't know my relationship with Karl, Al or anyone for that matter so instead of shooting your mouth off and making yourself sound like a complete ass, you should shut the fuck up and log off. Or send another useless email to Al accusing me of something I didn't do. I have nothing against Al and would never make something up inorder to incriminate him. Oh ya, and I'm not an adolescent, I sell homes for a home builder and probably make double your salary. Yes my car has been sitting around for a while, cause I just put a shit load of money down on a house and didn't really count on my car fucking up after dropping $6000 into it. On that note, go fuck yourself.

ZorroAMG
11-02-2004, 08:35 PM

You are a mortgage specialist, would you mortage your future and your business on customers that can't afford a 9.00 dollar sticker?, did you haggle with Rob for him to sell you a sticker for a loss, because you told him once you got a job you would be back to buy wheels? No.. Hang around any shop in town and you will see what kinda people these are... They are people that always expect you to cut them deal , everytime, when is the store owner allowed to make money? never?..cmon...

That has to do with the ability of the business man. You think I don't waste valuable time dealing with people that have shitty credit, can't afford to mortgage a chocolate bar and have no money for a down payment? Well I waste that time quite often but after the pre-approval (or lack thereof) I treat them with respect and tell them I can't do anything for them at this time but if they fix whatever issues and come back i'd be happy to help. I don't tell em to buzz off or ignore them or be outright rude, but that's just because I have business sense. Some people don't.

The point is, these people go out of their way to come to the business and should be dealt with with respect. Going back to my contemporary example, Rob did/does, why can't others?

crazydave
11-02-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by 1992_prelude_sr
I wen't to speedville tuning..
They gave me a gas mask hooked up to nos. * looked like a dentist*:dunno:

and when I woke up... my shirt was on backwards and I was missing a shoe:confused:

:rofl: i love your stories man. just like the thread you made about doin burnouts in your car:rofl:
anyways.....back on topic:rolleyes:

Maxt
11-02-2004, 09:37 PM

That has to do with the ability of the business man. You think I don't waste valuable time dealing with people that have shitty credit, can't afford to mortgage a chocolate bar and have no money for a down payment? Well I waste that time quite often but after the pre-approval (or lack thereof) I treat them with respect and tell them I can't do anything for them at this time but if they fix whatever issues and come back i'd be happy to help. I don't tell em to buzz off or ignore them or be outright rude, but that's just because I have business sense. Some people don't.

The point is, these people go out of their way to come to the business and should be dealt with with respect. Going back to my contemporary example, Rob did/does, why can't others?
First off your right off the deep end, your comparison isn't even the same issue, or issue related.... It was never an issue of treating people with respect, Karl is a pretty easy going guy, and is very generous with his time for people, he gives people the benefit of the doubt , like I first said, they want Karl to cut his price in half for 9 dollar sticker , and if he cuts his own throat on that sale, they all promise to come back and spend millions at his store, of course they never do....
Sure Rob took the time with you, but did you ask him to give it to you for less than cost...no....Go find another thread to give Rob head in....

As for 2.0 turbo...
First off he's not very good at paying his bill...
He got stuff at cost in that engine rebuild...
Anyone with a keyboard can learn in 5 minutes that the dsm suffers from Crank walking and what to the thrust surfaces when abused or driven with a clutch problem..
He was even told about the clutch issue with his car, and did nothing with it..
Several people saw this guy being a jackass with the car, prior to its meltdown...
Yah an innocent angel with the car, my ass.....I don't care how much you make, you are an idiot, trying to save your reputation after you badmouthed someone for you own (in)actions....If you were the big high roller you want everyone to think you are,I am glad you know so much about me and houses, since you know fuck all about engines....maxt

rx7_turbo2
11-02-2004, 10:53 PM

And if you are pointing your finger at me, you can look elsewhere. I never had anything to do with anyone's car, other than my own.

Good to hear.

That was a major shit show no doubt. I find it funny the people involved in that whole senario want everyone to believe that they've paid for their crime and turned over a new leaf.

Horse shit!

A guy like soloracer doesnt care that he FINALLY got some court ordered restitution for the parts that went missing. What about the down time the car had? What about the fact he's STILL dealing with paint that doesnt match. It's a nightmare all because some group of idiots decided to act like ass clowns for an evening (you know who you are) We're all suposed to forget just because the court finally ordered these clowns to pay up? If it wasnt for the court putting pressure on these dick wads soloracer and the other "real" victims would never have seen a penny.

Now on to the real topic.

Listen everyone has a favorite shop. It's their favorite shop for a reason. I have no doubt some people here have had mixed experiences with Speedville. I have not. I've had some pretty shitty dealings with the shops Zorro and others brought up. That's not really the issue that concerned me. If people have a legitimate issue with a shop I think we all agree it's in our collective best intrest to hear about it. But if your going to air your dirty laundry you better be damn sure you tell the WHOLE story and you have your facts straight, because otherwise your just being an asshole. That's my problem with 2.0turbo. He brought up a bunch of vague critisisms, then told us he couldnt talk about it because of impending litigation, then magically he starts revealing little snipits of information that bolster his arguement. He has zero credibility because of this. Now it doesnt matter if he had a legitimate complaint or not it's all lost in the bullshit. He should have just kept his mouth shut, delt with the situation like an adult, and when the situation was resolved come on here to explain his experience.

5.9 R/T
11-03-2004, 01:09 AM
Unless somebody tells the whole fucking story why don't you all shut the fuck up? You're all acting like little children in a pissing contest and it's making both sides look bad.

"Your not telling the whole story, tell the whole story, why don't you tell everyone what really happened" blah blah blah

Why don't you tell the whole story since it seems you know it all? Your so concerned with how speedville is made to look in this thread yet you are doing nothing to help. So either tell the story or shut the fuck up. :zzz:

Maxt
11-03-2004, 07:27 AM
Guess you didnt take the timeto read the whole thread...so kindly go crawl back in your hole...

The whole story is in the thread if you are smartenough to stitch it together... This thread is done anyway, now its just attracting morons from the peanut gallery.....
Hope it works out for you 2.0, next time get your facts togther before opening your gob...Maxt

ZorroAMG
11-03-2004, 11:08 AM

First off your right off the deep end, your comparison isn't even the same issue, or issue related....

You are such a fucking monkey, did YOU even read the first part of the thread with people talking about how they are being treated there? No obviously you didn't. Did you read the first part of MY post making my whole posting relevant to that first part that you decided to comment on? No you obviously didn't. Do you even know what a business is or comprises of when it comes to service? No you obviously don't. Kindly STFU yourself and crawl back under your RX-7.

:rolleyes:

boostedDsm
11-03-2004, 02:08 PM
Man I think it's funny that people thalk about things, when in fact they don't know all the info. And what they do know is heresay......
But when it comes down to it, that incident has NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS THREAD.
"Now I don't know what 2.0turbo's relationship with Kevin is but even the mention of it pretty much shoots his credibility to shit now doesnt it.- rx7_turbo2"

Come on,this has nothing to do with (2.0turbo)Andrew's credibility, or with him for that matter.And if that the only means of tarnishing his name than that is pathetic.

I deal with Karl an Al on a daily basis, just like i have ever since they opened. And they are bolth great guys.

To be honest I dont give a fuck what you think of me Rx7_turbo2 or maxt. Anyone who actually knows me, (witch there are alot of people on the forum) knows that I'm a good guy who got himself into some shit 3 years ago when I was 18 while living with a few guys( one of wich was an employee of speedville).I think most people can relate to dooing something stupid when they were younger.

Just like Dj lazy said, It was some dumb stuff. but We have and still are paying our dues for it.

Hey Max(maxt),How are thoses 2 piece wheels? The s5 motor and tranny?

Grahm (rx7_turbo2), How's the 3 puck clutch?

It's funny you guys are all nice to my face, Buying parts of me and stuff. But when it comes down to it, you just sit behind your computer and talk shit behind peoples backs,

You wanna talk some shit? Give me a call max, I do believe you have my number in your cell phone or something. That goes for You too Grahm. Anytime

Isn't Beyond supposed to be a place where people come to help eachother out? sharing information and knowledge?it seems more like a hate forum with everyone bashing eachother, eachother's car's..... Why?

Weapon_R
11-03-2004, 03:07 PM
:closed: