PDA

View Full Version : Best Calgary Honda dealer for service

bigbadboss101
10-30-2004, 07:20 PM
I can do some maintenance stuff myself but want to bring it in to get the fluids, plugs, belts checked. Crowfoot is closes to me, as would T&T. Any good and bad stories regarindg these two dealers as well as Calgary Honda?

3G
10-30-2004, 07:24 PM
T&T Honda is gay. I called them about an Accord they had, they said "yah come take a look at it". I got there and they "couldn't find the car". I called again like 2-3 weeks later and they still have the car

brandon
10-30-2004, 07:55 PM
T&T Honda is amazing! I would recommend them to anyone! great service!

Xtrema
10-31-2004, 09:24 AM
How crowfoot tho?

frozenrice
10-31-2004, 09:38 AM
This was quite a few years ago. Crowfoot had a free inspection clinic so I decided to take my 82 (yes 1982) Accord in. Keep in mind at the time the car was around 10 years old but had less than 90,000k's on it. Anyways, after waiting a while, the service manager came out and asked me to come to have a look at something. He told me that my front brakes were totally gone and that they had to be done right there on the spot before they would let me out (I guess for "legal" reasons in case I crash due to no brakes). I told him I was a student and didn't have the cash (or credit) to get them done at that moment and that I would have to wait a week or two until I could gather up the cash. At this point he stuck his face within 2feet of mine and told me that I had to get them done "or else". I stood my ground (sorta, -by this point he literally had me backed into the corner of the shop). Took me about 1/2 hour to get them to put the car back together so that I could get out of there. Never been back since. In the later years, after I got a full time job I took my car(s) to Calgary Honda and the service there was excellent.

sillyd
10-31-2004, 10:44 AM
Honda West is the best!

Not impressed with T&T or CalgaryH in my experiences

5hift
10-31-2004, 11:49 AM
I think T&T honda is the worst place you can go to for service. My Dad got me my first car from there and I used to go back for service. Being only 16, I didnt know much about cars and trusted what they would tell me when I went in for scheduled service. Now that I know a little about cars its clear they take advantage of anyone who doesnt know any thing with unecessay repairs. The biggest thing was that i was charged for the replacement of a alternator only to find out that it was supposed to be covered by the Honda warrentee, and only after my Dad got involved was the money returned.

Also they seem to like to take cars they do service on to run errands or something because every time I used to drop my car off there I would notice alot of kms added on. The last time I was dumb enough to go there I had to leave my car overnight so I wrote down the number of kms I had when I dropped it off. The next day when I picked it up there was 67 extra kms somehow that no one had a answer for.

So if you want uneccesary repairs and your car taken for joy rides go to T&T. :thumbsup:

00redLUDE
11-01-2004, 12:21 AM
Agreed, T&T honda is not the best shop in town. Went in for them to check out a problem, gave me some lame answer, totally off the mark. Car is still under warranty, but I bet you once it's off warranty they would have no problems finding the problem :thumbsdow

However, having said that I find all stealership to be pretty much the same, always trying to rip you off or make some unnecessary repairs.

Calgary Honda is were I go but it's only because I have a buddy who's a mechanic there and so I know he won't rip me off.

FlySi
11-01-2004, 12:44 AM
What is it about dealerships and not covering warranty problems.

It's not like they don't get paid for it. A dealer would be fucking supid not to accept service.

00redLUDE
11-01-2004, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by FlySi
What is it about dealerships and not covering warranty problems.

It's not like they don't get paid for it. A dealer would be fucking supid not to accept service.

I always wonder about that as well, until my mechanic buddy told me the reason why. Say I car comes in for warrenty work, yes honda Canada will cover for it BUT it only covers for the standard time they feel it takes to fix the warrenty work. For example, if a car comes in for transmission work, covered under warranty, say honda canada says it will take only 2 hours to do, they will only pay the mechaninc for 2 hours of work. If the job takes more than 2 hours (which warranty work usu. does), then the mechanic is working for free after that. I understand, that nobody wants to work for free but GOD damn that's just BULLSH@T for the customer. The system has to change. The mechanics at the dealership all get paid this way and they don't get pain per hour, so the mechanics want to do the simple stuff like the scheduled maintance because they can do that quick but when something difficult comes in, they don't want to touch it. When a car comes in off warranty then they can charge for how long it takes to fix the car, so they make more of an effort to find the problem.

When I took the car to T&T I even told the service advisor that I approve then for 2-3 hrs of self diagnostic time ($95/hr!!). But they still didn't make an effort, why? Because I know if they found the problem it would be covered under warranty and the problem make take longer that honda Canada will cover, so no one wants to touch it, that's just BULLSH@T!!:thumbsdow

Hash_man
11-01-2004, 02:32 AM
I took my car(s) to Calgary Honda and the service there was excellent.

Same... Calgary Honda has always provided excellent service to me, always really good with getting me to work/ school while my car is being serviced too.

I also had an intermitent (sp) problem a while ago, car would start and idle like shit, or stall sometimes without warning. They kept my car overnight, tried to asses the problem but with no luck, and to my surprise i was not charged a penny... I was quite pleased and will continue to go back for service.

eb0i
11-01-2004, 04:18 AM
I just recently took my car into Honda West for a Type 2 maintenance and to get my sunglass holder fixed under warranty.

The appointment was for 11am, I gave them the car at 1030. Waited for a shuttle to drive me to class at 12 Noon. No shuttle came until 1145am, needless to say I was late for class. Then the shuttle picked me up at 4pm and when I arrived my car was not even close to finished. So I waited on the couch by the front door. 545pm rolls around and I'm thinking "what the fuck is taking so long?". I look out into the parking lot and see my car is parked out there and servicing has finished. So I walk up to the service desk and she tells me that they were looking all over for me and asked me where I had gone. Hmmm....bs. Not one person walked by me plus I was doing work on my laptop, so I wasn't invisible.

Anyways she told me I had 0% left on my front brakes and that I should book immediately to get them replaced. Looks like it will cost $190 plus service and tax. However I don't think they are worn, because I haven't heard any squeeling from them, or have I felt them being a little "rougher" when I brake. Also from visual inspection there still seems to be quite a bit of pad left on the front. :dunno:

Long story short. I'm pretty annoyed with the shitty service I have recieved at Honda West. To top it off the service guy was a prick. I called him to ask for a shuttle pick up and his reply was "I don't know, can you?" Then I had to rephrase and ask if I "may" get a ride. I'm the CUSTOMER not your fucking kid.

nickyh
11-01-2004, 07:34 AM
Crowfoot crashed my 3 month old Prelude!

I would never recommend them.

Calgary Honda was quite good to me when i finally switched.

statick
11-01-2004, 08:47 AM
^ howd that happen? do u mind explaining? just curious, as when i get my lude i'll prolly end up going there for the most part.