PDA

View Full Version : Saw Jdm Supra!!

HellfireR6
10-31-2004, 01:04 AM
Hey damn i was riding today on Macleod trail by lindsay park to drop off my bike and saw a.......JDM SUPRA 94+..... damn was it weird seeing the guy drive on the opposite side of the car and it was a fukkin supra!

wonder if any of u seen it?

JDM TOYOTA SUPRA
RHD
Red in color, with ugly stickers but lots of them,
stock with stock large spoiler
yellow plate in the front
:eek:

86max
10-31-2004, 01:09 AM
wierd.....it shouldn't be street legal here if it's from Japan, unless it's here under special circumstances. I'd be interested to see it though.

HellfireR6
10-31-2004, 01:15 AM
ya thats what i thought....u'll notice this SUPRA..... its decked out in stickers all over the car, from head to toe even the friggin hood and roof is covered in company decals.... WEIRD was what i thought when i saw it, couldnt stop staring at it! its a nice ride but 2 much stickers 4 me...

calgarys13
10-31-2004, 11:17 AM
if it truly is imported this car is illegal make sure you don't buy it or get in an accident with it or your screwed!

CelicaST-162
10-31-2004, 11:56 AM
lol, the car is from the UK

1992_prelude_sr
10-31-2004, 11:59 AM
how do you know its from the U.K.

That supra is definately illegal.
Maybe he could of got it here for track or show purposes however he shoudlnt be driving it down the street.

Nice spot though!

CelicaST-162
10-31-2004, 12:05 PM
Me and some friends had met the owner a while back, the plate is yellow but its wide...not a japan license plate. He brought the car over to canada for the races in Newfoundland...I cant remember what the race is called can someone shine some light on the name. Its a big rally with tons of cars.

JAYMEZ
10-31-2004, 12:05 PM
^^ Because UK cars drive on the right as well(So who knows where its from). And no it defiantly isnt illegal , a student can bring it over here if they are studying.

digitalshogun
10-31-2004, 12:17 PM
You mean left?

chunger_11
10-31-2004, 12:22 PM
i think the race you are talking about is called the Targa Newfoundland

2002civic
10-31-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by digitalshogun
You mean left?
think he means right side of the car

CelicaST-162
10-31-2004, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by chunger_11
i think the race you are talking about is called the Targa Newfoundland

thank you

HellfireR6
10-31-2004, 04:19 PM
thanks....yes thats the one i saw....

civicluva
10-31-2004, 07:02 PM
saw it and it looks like shit with all the stickers. seriously, why do people do that. ive seen 1 decent 93+ supra in calgary so far, and the guy driving it was like 50.

1992_prelude_sr
10-31-2004, 07:06 PM
Lmao.

If you're studying?

Okay guys, It has the same rules as all over jdm cars.

You' cant get a supra in here.
just like u can't get a skyline R34 GTR in here....

marq-jt
10-31-2004, 07:06 PM
i will own one one day... lol
when i hit the lottery... lol

Seanith
10-31-2004, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by 1992_prelude_sr
Lmao.

If you're studying?

Okay guys, It has the same rules as all over jdm cars.

You' cant get a supra in here.
just like u can't get a skyline R34 GTR in here....

If you say, lived in England, and decided to go to school here, I guess you can bring your car over for the time your in school. Same goes if your working here and you get transferred.

BTW, if the car is for a rally, thats probably why its plastered with stickers right?

SkylineAdmirer
10-31-2004, 08:33 PM
because theyre sponsors, and he has to put them on because of it ?

redbaron303
10-31-2004, 08:59 PM
There is some Cannonball run type rally coming through Canada soon from what i understand. Apparently a guy from the UK is running it and was shipping his car here to drive across the country and plan the race. I heard he was using a Skyline R34 though, not a JZA80 Supra :P Either way, if they're from the same organization that's neat....

shadow
10-31-2004, 10:15 PM
I am not so sure that the school bit is true... because that would be breaking a lot of importation laws.

Which law allows you to bring any car in as long as you are a student... ?

However if you had your vehicle insured in the U.S. you can drive it across the border into Canada. Although I believe there is a time limit to this... I am not sure though..

If you import a car and say it is race only and get caught on the road... you will

"get criminal charges laid"
"have your vehicle seized by customs where you will have 2 options.... destroy it and pay the bill or ship it out"

Maybe it is a new supra with a rhd conversion... that is perfectly legal.

Go4Long
11-01-2004, 07:55 AM
actually there is a temporary resident permit, and they have stated pretty much the basic rules of it...the car has to be back out of the country by a certain time(I think it's six months)

TypeS
11-01-2004, 09:14 AM
does anyone have a website or info to this rally that the car is a part of? I'm sure if they had a forum of some sorts the other members would be able to answer all of your questions:dunno:

CelicaST-162
11-01-2004, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by TypeS
does anyone have a website or info to this rally that the car is a part of? I'm sure if they had a forum of some sorts the other members would be able to answer all of your questions:dunno:

www.targanewfoundland.com

BumpinTalon
11-01-2004, 09:07 PM
you can legally import a car if you have owned it for "X" amount of time while you were in another country. It doesn't matter what kind of car it is, you can import it as long as you lived in wherever and owned the car. The only catch is you pay all fees and taxes on it and you can't sell it once you get it here... so that's why nobody does it.

Mosquito_R
11-03-2004, 07:07 PM
If the Supra was here due to its owner being a tourist in Canada, the car is allowed, for max 3 months I think. I think the only stipulations are that the car must have current registration and insurance, and that the car must be exported when time's up. Being a student merely extends the 3mths to whenever the student visa expires.

Personally I've seen foreign machinery in Calgary/Banff/Lake Louise, but they were nowhere near as exotic: Mercedes 810D camper van (German registered), VW LT camper van (UK registered), and some dirt bike with a sleeping bag and mattress strapped to the back (Japanese registered... the guy is brave!). Of course, there's also the Alfa 156 that we've covered at great lengths here. Oh... almost forgot, and this one was a shocker: A giant Neoplan tour bus from Germany! The tourists stopped in some bakery in Chinatown... now, that's gotta be weird. :dunno:

redbaron303
11-03-2004, 07:12 PM
Wonder if they were German tourists that brought their own bus over? hahaha j/k

crazydave
11-05-2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by civicluva
saw it and it looks like shit with all the stickers. seriously, why do people do that. ive seen 1 decent 93+ supra in calgary so far, and the guy driving it was like 50.
like said above, the stickers are for sponsors. especially if its that great of a race as targa nfl. i watched that race on speed channel and it looks like so much fun.

SUPRAPHAT
11-05-2004, 05:44 PM
The Supra was from Australia wasn't it?

I thought that's what Reg said.

Anyways, it will be satying in Calgary and will be getting more work done on it in preparation for next years Targa race.

It won first place this year!

Very nice car!

Jason

JAYMEZ
11-05-2004, 08:59 PM
Hey where is Rage2? I think you posted some where all the rules , and I know for a fact one of them was , if your studying here , you can bring you car here for x amount of days.

Redlyne_mr2
11-06-2004, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi
Hey where is Rage2? I think you posted some where all the rules , and I know for a fact one of them was , if your studying here , you can bring you car here for x amount of days.
It works the same if you're a student studying in another province.