PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to COP yet?

M_Power
10-31-2004, 02:04 PM
I checked there website yesterday and it said they are open.. has anyone been up there yet? any rails etc?

t-im
10-31-2004, 02:07 PM
How much is it anyways? Do they still have student nights?, or whatever it was called

Kobe
11-01-2004, 12:18 AM
Yah cop is open, but no park, only a little rail park, i havn't been there yet, Pretty sure its closed for the week and opens back up on friday Nov.5

Its like $20 for a full day of riding

www.coda.ab.ca

t-im
11-01-2004, 12:20 AM
hmm..cop is 33 for a full day i think..if i read right..and that's a fucking rip off...I rather goto nakiska

Kobe
11-01-2004, 12:21 AM
Hill Tickets Monday-Friday
Any 2hrs Any 4hrs All Day Night
Adult(18-54) $23 $27 $33 $17
Student* (18-24) $21 $25 $30 $15
Teen(13-17) $21 $25 $30 $15
Junior(5-12) $15 $19 $23 $10
Senior(55+) $17 $21 $25 $12

Hill Tickets Weekends and Holidays
Adult(18-54) $25 $29 $35 $21
Student* (18-24) $23 $27 $32 $19
Teen(13-17) $23 $27 $32 $19
Junior(5-12) $17 $21 $25 $14
Senior(55+) $19 $23 $27 $16

wow, its way more expensive then last year, Its probobly cuase of the new quad chair they put in.

t-im
11-01-2004, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Kobe
Hill Tickets Monday-Friday
Adult(18-54) $23 $27 $33 $17
Student* (18-24) $21 $25 $30 $15
Teen(13-17) $21 $25 $30 $15
Junior(5-12) $15 $19 $23 $10
Senior(55+) $17 $21 $25 $12

Hill Tickets Weekends and Holidays
Adult(18-54) $25 $29 $35 $21
Student* (18-24) $23 $27 $32 $19
Teen(13-17) $23 $27 $32 $19
Junior(5-12) $17 $21 $25 $14
Senior(55+) $19 $23 $27 $16

wow, its way more expensive then last year, Its probobly cuase of the new quad chair they put in.

too bad COP still sucks..for that price at least...it's like sking down a hill in nose hill park or fish creek...

benyl
11-01-2004, 12:41 AM
Holy shit... how much is it to ski out in Banff now? LL, Sunshine, etc...?

Must be over $60 if COP is charging that much.

00redLUDE
11-01-2004, 01:02 AM
COP is usu. crap for a ski hill. I broke my elbow on their hockey rink of a hill. I've heard of a few broken wrists already from COP. The snow right now is not very good, slushy. But if you need to get you snowboarding fix, I guess COP is your only option right now.

Hash_man
11-01-2004, 02:28 AM
COP usually has a pretty good park set up, and if you dont want to drive over an hour to Nakiska, or almost double that to most other mountains then its an alright alternative... But those prices are rediculous! If you are going to be there about 12 times you might as well have bought a seasons pass.

chris
11-14-2004, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by 00redLUDE
COP is usu. crap for a ski hill. I broke my elbow on their hockey rink of a hill. I've heard of a few broken wrists already from COP. The snow right now is not very good, slushy. But if you need to get you snowboarding fix, I guess COP is your only option right now.
how is it cop's fault that you got hurt? Maybe you should learn how to ride.

That.Guy.S30
11-14-2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by benyl
Holy shit... how much is it to ski out in Banff now? LL, Sunshine, etc...?

Must be over $60 if COP is charging that much.

last season at louise i was paying 58 bucks everytime. so i guess it might have went up abit more.

Team_Mclaren
11-14-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by chris

how is it cop's fault that you got hurt? Maybe you should learn how to ride.

when your boarding or sking you expect SNOW! not ICE!, he mentioned that its a ring of ice which is true, stop being such a fag. It is their fault that they cant get some real snow together or else they shouldnt be open imo

cboyspimp
11-14-2004, 07:17 PM
cop is so tight..they get enough snow for some big kickers and good rails.. the only thing is you cant hit everything in one run! if you dont want to pay go in the line with no ticket checkers.. my seasons pass was free last year..:angel:

civic_stylez
11-14-2004, 07:26 PM
geez that is expensive!!!! i usually go there at the start of the season to get warmed up and make sure all my gear is working good... but for those prices ill hit up nakiska or norquay... i wish wintergreen was still around, that was a great early season warm up hill....

Kobe
11-14-2004, 11:57 PM
They are scanning passes this year, cuase of all the fake ones last year :guns:

98type_r
11-15-2004, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Kobe
They are scanning passes this year, cuase of all the fake ones last year :guns:

i'm surprised it took them this long to start scanning

MM93
11-15-2004, 10:41 AM
Everyones prices went up,, Lake and Sunshine both $65-
seasaon passes went up with less hills, its like a 3mtn pass
i think this year.

Anyone been to Castle, good a cheap when there is lots of snow!

Kobe
11-15-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by 98type_r

i'm surprised it took them this long to start scanning

:werd: O well i had a free pass last year, cuase it was so easy, and they never even checked...

Originally posted by MM93
i think this year.

Its probobly becuase of fortress shutting down, now with less competition they can boost up the prices..

Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

when your boarding or sking you expect SNOW! not ICE!, he mentioned that its a ring of ice which is true, stop being such a fag. It is their fault that they cant get some real snow together or else they shouldnt be open imo

I dont think its cops fault at all, every night they spend hours on the park, so its good for the next day, Im sure lots of people would be pissed off if it was to close, becuase its only a $5 drive to the top of the hill from my house.

One thing that pissed me of about them this year, is that there is no parking at the top, you have to go down to the bottom, and there is a LARGE section there that is $5 for parking, making them look super cheap!

Barfbag
11-15-2004, 02:03 PM
yeah, RCR is trying to corral everyone to louise, they already said last year Nak has about 10 years left. Since all the lifts there were built at the same time, same manuf. same design etc., they'll all need to be replaced at once, RCR said years ago Nakiskas days are numbered unless Calgary gets another Olympics AND decides to host events at Nak, that didn't happen. So we'll pretty much be left with a few resorts all in the Nat'l park where Shiela Copps fat ass wont allow new development. Think about that for a sec, Calgarys population continues to mushroom, while hills are shutting down wholesale, makes no freakin sense. And you thought the crowds and prices were bad now. If I only had a development company with a few mill burning a hole in my pocket...

coolcat123
12-06-2004, 04:54 PM
when did fourtress shut down? that was a fun place to ride and why did they?:confused: :guns:

Nix87
12-07-2004, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by coolcat123
when did fourtress shut down? that was a fun place to ride and why did they?:confused: :guns:

Fortress was victim to some crappy managing by RCR and was running deficets the last couple of years. It's a shame that hill had some true potential.

Nix87
12-07-2004, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

While it is legitimate that you would expect snow when your out riding, c'mon everyone knows COP primarily blows snow and that wonderful fake stuff hardens like something else. If you expect real snow cop is not the place. Its a pretty damn rare day when cop is soft. If you think your gonna get hurt on the icy conditions and your abilities aren't up to par then just dont go and avoid it all together

A_3
12-07-2004, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by Nix87

Fortress was victim to some crappy managing by RCR and was running deficets the last couple of years. It's a shame that hill had some true potential.

Fortress was a great hill and yes bad management had something to do with it's closure but you also have to remember location. To get to Fortress you have to pass Nakiska, most people see Nakiska and think "why am I driving an extra 20-30 minutes, I should just ski/ride here". I used to love going to Fortress, great snow, no lines, not too bust, that backside had great potential despite the ROYALLY sketchy chair. From what I've heard it's going to be an awesome hill to hike/snow mobile in the coming years. I believe all the chairs are dismantled now but if you could round up a couple snow mobiles it would make for one hell of a day. I can't believe they will shut down Nakiska, too busy, too much profit, think of how busy that hill gets in the winter, you have people practically running into eachother every where. Someone else will buy the hill for cheap of an already struggling Charlie Locke. If all these hills close the tourism industry will take a hit and like all good things lose money, the government which is fueled by money will be forced to allow moderated development again in the rockies. I suppose in the end I can definetly see the closure of Fortress as a realistic thing but a hill like Nakiska... no way.

Ben
12-07-2004, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by MM93
i think this year.

Castle mountain is a fantastic buy in comparison to the others. if you can look past their slow chairs...it's a great hill, with lots of challenging runs.

RydeTheLytening
12-07-2004, 04:00 PM
ya i pretty much grew up at castle when i lived in Lethbridge. It's an awesome hill when it's not f'n windy!

haha I had a buddy fall off the quad chair one time on the way up. he didnt get hurt so it was pretty funny...plus it couldnt happen to nicer (cockier) guy :rofl:

Milk2%
12-09-2004, 12:24 AM
I know the downlow of what the park is gonna be like this YEAR....AHAH just to let you know its gonna be probally the sickest parks 70 +++ rails....including 2 20 foot wall rides, 2 10 foot wall rides, 2 c rails. podium box. flat-down-flat, tons of shit this year...put it that way...there extending the jumps this year...just a bit bigger..there hoping the park will be open this saturday dec.11!! be sure to check it out....there will be the usuall kiddy killers on the skiers right side of the pipe...with some bigger cheese wedges to the left of the pipe...they got a diving board at the top of the hill. its gonna be eptic this year...you should check it out sometime!!!!!

Milk2%
12-09-2004, 12:25 AM
got to add....that user "chris" hes gay. HAHAHAH.....hahahahah chris!!!!!!

Marsh
12-09-2004, 12:52 AM
what time does COP's "Night" time start at?

Kobe
12-10-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Marsh
what time does COP's "Night" time start at?

Night is 5PM - 10PM

The full park is open tommorow, had a sweet jib session on the double kink today, the tables look HUGEEE this year...

MMMM can't wait..