PDA

View Full Version : For the admins - Kenny and Rage

Davan
11-27-2002, 05:20 PM
Sorry, I would have made it a PM, but I don't think you can send the same message to two people? :dunno:

Anyways, You may have heard of the Canadian sport compact magazine called Sport Compact National?

They have an offer open to Canadian clubs that I thought I'd let you know about.

They are offering a years subscription to all members, for free. In exchange, you just send them a 3" X 3" 300dpi jpeg file advertising this site. They use that ad in the back of their magazine, in the Enthusiasts Directory.

If you are interested, email Dan Aversa at [email protected] or phone (416)962-7223

:)

Davan
11-27-2002, 05:22 PM
Here's what the magazine says:

Get your club listed!
Sport Compact National is the official publication of car clubs across Canada. Help represent your club and join the Sport Compact National craze! Members recieve free subscriptions for one full year, and your club receives a free ad in the SCN Enthusiasts Directory. Contact Dan Aversa at (416) 962-7223 or email [email protected]

szw
11-27-2002, 05:22 PM
You get free stuff...for advertising yourself in THEIR magazine...sounds too good to be true! haha

boi-alien
11-27-2002, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Davan

See the ad in the middle of the second row? That's the one I did for my local J-Body group. Where did I get the magazine to take that pic? It's from the 2nd magazine they've sent me. Our group has all been recieving their second issue over the last week and a bit.

so they'll give free subscriptions to EVERYONE that's on beyond?!? heheh that's a lot of subscriptions :D

infamous
11-27-2002, 05:26 PM
so that would mean that they would give 1000 subscriptions to all of the members on here??? wtf??

Rydog
11-27-2002, 05:28 PM
no doubt...1020 to be picky! Haha, what can I say, I'm a Virgo, aka Prick!!!

E36M3
11-27-2002, 05:30 PM
A magazine's business is generally based on advertising, not on subscription revenue. If they are able to cover postage with their subscription pricing, they are usually doing really well. This is definately a win-win.. they enlarge their subscriber base (more ad $), advertisers get a targeted audience, and the club gets some exposure.

Originally posted by crxboi

so they'll give free subscriptions to EVERYONE that's on beyond?!? heheh that's a lot of subscriptions :D

Davan
11-27-2002, 05:31 PM
Yeah. That's a ton of mags. But so far they've got 28 clubs listed. So they are already giving out a ton. What's another thousand? :D

boi-alien
11-27-2002, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Davan
Yeah. That's a ton of mags. But so far they've got 28 clubs listed. So they are already giving out a ton. What's another thousand? :D
heheh that's cool then!!! :thumbsup: thanks for the headsup davan... i hope kenny and rage are on top of this

kenny
11-27-2002, 05:39 PM
While the free subscriptions would be great, do we really want the huge increase in members that the ad may bring? or do we want to grow slowly and have a smaller community?

Superesc
11-27-2002, 05:40 PM
yup its legit, I got my free subscriptions too for 403honda :thumbsup:

szw
11-27-2002, 05:45 PM
Hey I am a member of 403 honda too (well registered! ;)) Do I get one?

Melinda
11-27-2002, 05:50 PM
Sounds like an awesome Idea, I pay money every month to get it anyway... But it might get a little crazy, ppl would start joining just to get a subscription and then not post! Wouldn't want that happening...

Mel

Zephyr
11-27-2002, 05:50 PM
but wont this bring like heavy traffic and possibly some unwanted people in the future?

btw.... i think admins should delete accounts that have have never posted before for over a month...

RiCE-DaDDy
11-27-2002, 06:03 PM
lets go for it!

choweyt3t4
11-27-2002, 06:28 PM
i say keep it a small community! thats all i need to be hearing a whole bunch if kids that buy the magazine and dont even know wtf is going on blah blah blah........plus i think it would be alot more stressful for the admins to monitor posts and stuff with more traffic

Hollywood
11-27-2002, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by choweyt3t4
i say keep it a small community! thats all i need to be hearing a whole bunch if kids that buy the magazine and dont even know wtf is going on blah blah blah........plus i think it would be alot more stressful for the admins to monitor posts and stuff with more traffic

Yup. Nothing worse than annoying 11-teen year olds.

infamous
11-27-2002, 08:04 PM
no way! that's why the admins should make it a pay site now!!! haha make it cost kids like 20 bucks to join, so that we don't have to put up with them. and yes, i agree that they should delete all accounts that haven't been used in over a month!

three.eighteen.
11-27-2002, 08:48 PM
haha, i dont wanna pay 20 bux to go to this site...sorry, im cheap :tongue:

ecstasy_civic
11-27-2002, 09:18 PM
i got mine through 403honda too and never missed an issue yet.

GTS Jeff
11-27-2002, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by choweyt3t4
i say keep it a small community! thats all i need to be hearing a whole bunch if kids that buy the magazine and dont even know wtf is going on blah blah blah........plus i think it would be alot more stressful for the admins to monitor posts and stuff with more traffic true, but more admins would solve that problem.

not that i think this is a good idea...id rather see less 12 year olds..

buh_buh
11-28-2002, 09:37 AM
yeah its hard enough as it is for us to keep track of everything.
I think we should try to keep it small.

Ben
11-28-2002, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by buh_buh
yeah its hard enough as it is for us to keep track of everything.
I think we should try to keep it small.

I agree, if this site goes Northamerica wide and BUSY, that would suck IMO cause we would lose the closeness as well as it would put HUGE resource strains on the admins who do this for free...

Zephyr
11-28-2002, 11:43 AM
i think keeping it small would keep the community better. that way we know each other better, and so we can flame at one another and the other person would know its just a joke.

plus more memebers = slower server.

i think we already have a good community, could use more girls, but the memebers are all good.

Rydog
11-28-2002, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Zephyr
plus more memebers = slower server.

exactly what I was about to say. I seem to remember another forum that got bogged down, which is precisely why I started coming here, and the smaller amount of young punks that don't know shit about what they post, just that it's cool to be on a forum or something.

I say let word of mouth do the advertising for us.

shadowz
11-28-2002, 12:23 PM
Ya I wanna keep it the way it is because of sites like preludeonline.com you have to start paying once a year now to go on and its enjoyable the way it is right now

szw
11-28-2002, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Zephyr

i think we already have a good community, could use more girls, but the memebers are all good.

I agree lets PAY for some advertising directed at females. :)

Melinda
11-28-2002, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by szw

I agree lets PAY for some advertising directed at females. :)

It's kind of an intimidating world to get into for a lot of girls...have to have a lot of encouragement in most cases. Girls grow up learning girly stuff, not cars and all the guy stuff. Start talking to the girls you know, see if you can get them interested in the topic first, then when they say 'but I don't know much about cars...' then you say 'oh really? well i have this great place where you can go and talk to friendly people and learn at the same time...'

Hehe, you guys just cant make 19 page threads everytime one of them joins...it may scare them away :D

Mel