PDA

View Full Version : Help me loose weight!!

Jynx
10-31-2004, 08:34 PM
Im 6" and 200lbs.....I wanna get down to about 180lbs
How can i do this?

My diet is crap, i eat fast food at LEAST 10 times a week..

Im all for eating healthier its just that i dont know what to eat and/or how to make it for that matter?

Any suggestions?

FiveFreshFish
10-31-2004, 08:42 PM
Cut back on the fast food and exercise more. Eat more fruits and veggies, and drink lots of water instead of pop, coffee or beer.

bart
10-31-2004, 08:44 PM
stop eating breads and potatos... :D

Marsh
10-31-2004, 08:55 PM
Use that Canadian Nutrition foods thing, where its like eat 5-10 servings of veggies a day, etc etc.

And exercise, anything can help, Ie taking the stairs instead of the elevator, play basketball or whatever with your friends,,,it all helps

rahim
10-31-2004, 09:00 PM
Replacing fast food with proper food may make you healthier but won't help you lose weight unless you eat less of it, if you are serious about this the best way is to count calories.

Aim for 2500-2800 calories a day until you stop losing weight then drop another few hundred calories. If you want to lose fat and not muscle aim for 2-3lbs a week anymore then that and you aren't just losing fat. And remeber you can never drink too much water... actually you can, but you won't.

If you try and drink 3-4 litres of water a day, you will lose 5 lbs within the first week, its only water weight you're losing, but progress is progress, this is assuming you don't already drink that much water.

Cardio would help but isn't necessary, I would reccomend weight training as it is the best way to maintain muscle mass while on a diet.

Jynx
10-31-2004, 09:19 PM
Any ideas of what i can eat instead of the fast food
like for lunch everday what am i suppose to eat?

Is their any 'fast food' which is healthy?

t-im
10-31-2004, 09:20 PM
it's called making a sandwich and bringing a salad, etc

it's not like u have to eat FAST food every day

Importz
10-31-2004, 09:36 PM
smoke crack and pop E for 1 week!!:thumbsup:

davidI
10-31-2004, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Jynx
Any ideas of what i can eat instead of the fast food
like for lunch everday what am i suppose to eat?

Is their any 'fast food' which is healthy?

Subway is pretty good for you depending on what you order :)

Dj_FL!PSW!TCH
10-31-2004, 10:00 PM

Any suggestions?

yea, eat less ;)

Jynx
10-31-2004, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Dj_FL!PSW!TCH

yea, eat less ;)

thanks retard

kanjus_paki
10-31-2004, 10:08 PM

thanks retard

hey fatty heres a movie for ya....:" A Fridge to far"

by a moomoo and call it a day

hahah just stop eating so much damn fast food

Dj_FL!PSW!TCH
10-31-2004, 10:12 PM

thanks retard

im so offended being called a retard by someone who can't control their weight.

Jynx
10-31-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Dj_FL!PSW!TCH

im so offended being called a retard by someone who can't control their weight.

So ure saying since im SLIGHTLY overweight i cant control my weight?
ignorance is bliss ey?

fast95pony
10-31-2004, 11:05 PM
It's not too difficult.I've dropped 37 lbs in 3 1/2 months. It just takes a little planning. Go to a grocery store deli section and pick up a ready to go salad or wrap, a healthy breakfast cereal and skim milk, and grab some fruits like apples ,bananas , grapes etc the evening before you go to work/school.
Drink lots of water ,go for a 30 minute walk and work out with weights for 30 minutes each day.

You don't have to starve yourself,just eat better and get some exercise. It just takes a little will power.

Good luck !

hockeybronx
11-01-2004, 01:15 AM
Hey Playa...

In addition to almost everything that's above, I would suggest closely monitoring your progress. If you are looking in the mirror everyday you aren't going to notice much.

Do some measurements at various points of your body, and take your weight and keep track of your progress.

If you are really adventurous you could also record your own body fat, you'll need to get a set of calipers but it's an excellent way to accurately know the amount of fat on your body.

Good luck bud.

Rockski
11-01-2004, 02:08 AM
dont eat past 8 o clock at night

have several small meals aday, around 8, for competitions 3 of those are protien shakes. regular exercise, that should be close to covering you

Stratus_Power
11-01-2004, 02:59 AM
Read Dr Phil's weight lost challenge ( or watever its called)

three.eighteen.
11-01-2004, 04:31 AM
just look in the mirror and call yourself ugly and "not good enough" then your self eseteeem will deteriorate to the poiont where youll lose more weight than you ever imagined

teamPRO
11-06-2004, 06:03 PM
spend a max of 15 bucks a day on food.

hockeybronx
11-06-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by teamPRO
spend a max of 15 bucks a day on food.

Hey Playa...

That's a little questionable. $15.00 can get you three solid meals from McDonalds.

The usual trend is that healthier food is more expensive.

Perhaps what you meant was to eat at home more often and limit the amount of eating out you do.

Hey JYNX let us know how your progress is going okay?