PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Your view on Milk

hockeybronx
11-01-2004, 01:19 AM
Hey I'm a faggot...

Just checking what you all think about milk with your fitness.

I personally think it's amazing as it provides large amounts of calcium and protein (among other important vitamins).

However some fitness people I've talked to think it has too many carbs and too much fat.

So tell me what you think, I wont change my views though... I couldn't imagine not having milk everyday:thumbsup:

davidI
11-01-2004, 01:28 AM
Definately a good source of protein. A lot of bodybuilders drink a gallon a day while bulking!

benyl
11-01-2004, 01:30 AM
You get more calcium out of broccoli than you do milk. Milk tastes better though. Milk is for baby cows.

I don't drink milk cause it makes me fart. :D

SaabKraft
11-01-2004, 01:42 AM
as an ingredient in baking or for making cheese and yogurt, it's ok, but it's fucking nasty as a beverage :barf:

so unnatural to drink

cman
11-01-2004, 01:47 AM
i drink it quite a bit, i dont mind the taste at all

ryder_23
11-01-2004, 01:50 AM
If it didnt make me sick, i'd probably drink more of it...but since it makes me want to die most of the time, i find other sources for such resources :thumbsup:

Moonracer
11-01-2004, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by ryder_23
If it didnt make me sick, i'd probably drink more of it...but since it makes me want to die most of the time, i find other sources for such resources :thumbsup:

Lactose intollerant maybe?

A_3
11-01-2004, 01:52 AM
^ yeah soy milk!

i'm also allergic to milk :thumbsdow

ryder_23
11-01-2004, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by Moonracer

Lactose intollerant maybe?

yessir, its more of a mild case, some days i can take diary products, and other days, i get sick from the smell.

i just dont care enough to take pills, or drink other types of milk.

Moonracer
11-01-2004, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by ryder_23

yessir, its more of a mild case, some days i can take diary products, and other days, i get sick from the smell.

i just dont care enough to take pills, or drink other types of milk.

That sucks, I can't drink it anymore either. I do drink the lactose free stuff but can't drink to much of that even. I don't get sick to the stomach but rather it's all in my throat and head. I get horky and sometimes a headache. I think I drank to much of it when I was a kid maybe. I drank it in cereal a lot and just by itself as well. :dunno:

hockeybronx
11-01-2004, 02:45 PM
Hey I'm a faggot...

I feel sorry for you guys who like it but can't drink it. The key is probably keeping in moderation and not trying to drink like a litre a day. If you do that chances are you will for a week, but then wont drink it for another month.

It's a useless thread I know, but I just wanted to see what you guys thought.

badseed
11-01-2004, 04:21 PM
Milk is the perfect post workout drink, 3:1 carb to protein ratio:thumbsup:

awd
11-01-2004, 04:26 PM
I drink a glass of skim milk every day with my whey/protein powder -- if it wasn't for the protein powder I wouldn't bother with it.

We don't need cow milk, we are not cows.

GTS Jeff
11-01-2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by awd
I drink a glass of skim milk every day with my whey/protein powder -- if it wasn't for the protein powder I wouldn't bother with it.

We don't need cow milk, we are not cows. well would u rather drink human milk?

i have 4 liters of homo milk every 10 days. i need the milk fat. oh sweet homo.

davidI
11-01-2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by badseed
Milk is the perfect post workout drink, 3:1 carb to protein ratio:thumbsup:

Except that casein is more slowly absorbed than whey! It's a great pre-bed drink unless you're trying to cut :)

Skylinelover
11-01-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by hockeybronx
Hey Playa...

I feel sorry for you guys who like it but can't drink it. The key is probably keeping in moderation and not trying to drink like a litre a day. If you do that chances are you will for a week, but then wont drink it for another month.

It's a useless thread I know, but I just wanted to see what you guys thought.

Lol that is what happens to me :thumbsdow

YCB
11-01-2004, 06:37 PM
Hey playa. i used to drink homo then 2%... now skim is number 1.. its good esp before bed.. casein and slow protien absorbtion :thumbsup:

kanjus_paki
11-01-2004, 06:42 PM
milk is the shiat i usually drink a litre a day and i dont mean momas

Singel
11-01-2004, 07:03 PM
Skim is the healthiesy to drink right? I find 1% tastes the best, 2% and homo are nasty, but if a drink skim a few days in a row it tastes as good as 1%, especially in cereal

project240
11-01-2004, 07:16 PM
Milk.... Love It...

Said to be the preferred drink of bodybuilders...
and the cheapest protein on the market.

nismodrifter
11-01-2004, 07:17 PM
milk...does a body good....I used to drink it plain..but not anymore for some reason. I drink tons of it but only with some nestle quik mixed in...

awd
11-01-2004, 07:22 PM
WHAT IS MILK?

Milk is a maternal lactating secretion, a short term nutrient for new-borns. Nothing more, nothing less.

Think about it -- most of the human beings that live on planet Earth today do not drink or use cow's milk. Further, most of them can't drink milk because it makes them ill.

The media has you brainwashed -- you can get the nutrients contained in cow milk in healthier forms.

Milk doesn't do a body good.

Chim
11-01-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by YCB
Hey playa. i used to drink homo then 2%... now skim is number 1.. its good esp before bed.. casein and slow protien absorbtion :thumbsup:

Hell ya, put together with whey protein next morning, killer growth combo. And people say creatine is the best reason why I'm making gains... psssh :)

Originally posted by awd

The media has you brainwashed -- you can get the nutrients contained in cow milk in healthier forms.

Milk doesn't do a body good. [/B]

Well we aren't talking about milk as a necessity in life, we're talking about using it for bodybuilding purposes. Haven't you read the nutrition info for milk? Its the original meal-replacement shake!

awd
11-01-2004, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Chim
Well we aren't talking about milk as a necessity in life, we're talking about using it for bodybuilding purposes. Haven't you read the nutrition info for milk? Its the original meal-replacement shake!

Don't get me wrong, I drink milk every morning with my protein whey barfshake. I am just saying that too many illinformed people overdo milk intake for the wrong reasons.

method
11-01-2004, 11:07 PM
people have only been reaping the benefits of milk for thousands of years.

:rolleyes:

hockeybronx
11-01-2004, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by nismodrifter
milk...does a body good....I used to drink it plain..but not anymore for some reason. I drink tons of it but only with some nestle quik mixed in...

Hey I'm a faggot...

Yeah I know what you mean... turns the milk chocolatey!

@lchy
11-02-2004, 01:04 AM
careful though boys, too much calcium makes you have too piss out kidney stones! Milk is amazing, and i agree with the nesquick shit, but nothing is better than milk and oreos
:thumbsup:

Jeevin
11-18-2004, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by awd
WHAT IS MILK?

Milk is a maternal lactating secretion, a short term nutrient for new-borns. Nothing more, nothing less.

Think about it -- most of the human beings that live on planet Earth today do not drink or use cow's milk. Further, most of them can't drink milk because it makes them ill.

The reason we drink milk because it is healthy for us. Why do newborns drink milk - because its full of vitamins and minerals that a growing baby needs.
Its important for humans to keep drinking milk because Humans age slower than MOST animals. (eg. dog years) so it is great to have milk from 1-19 years of age. And after that, calcium+vitamin D in milk allows our bones to stay healthy, that is why we drink milk.

The reason people in other countries don't drink milk as much as us because most of those countries are POOR and either can't get milk from an animal, or get sick from their lack of pastuerization. (But still, even in India, many people drink lots of Buffalo milk & goat milk)

Who cares if it comes from a cow? It is not 'unnatural'.
You wouldn't see many willing women wanting to be milked.

:rofl:

TrevorK
11-19-2004, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by awd
WHAT IS MILK?

Only an ignorant fool would say milk isn't good for you.

You can argue that you could get your nutrients elsewhere, however you can't deny that milk is indeed good for you.

awd
11-19-2004, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by TrevorK

Only an ignorant fool would say milk isn't good for you.

No, your an ignorant fool for assuming pasteurized milk must be good for you.

It makes no more sense for humans to consume the mother's milk of cows than for us to consume the mother's milk of rats, cats, dogs, giraffes, or any other mammal. Nature created human mother's milk for baby humans, cow mother's milk for baby cows, and so on.

"Hey TrevorK, here drink this glass of dog milk.", sounds stupid doesn't it? Why should cow be any different? because you are used to it and have been for your entire life.

Originally posted by TrevorK

You can argue that you could get your nutrients elsewhere, however you can't deny that milk is indeed good for you.

Milk consumption is linked to heart disease, cancer, obesity, antibiotic residue, iron deficiency, asthma, ear infections, skin conditions, stomach aches, bloating, and diarrhea -- the list goes on and on.

And then there is the osteoporosis argument -- DRINK COW MILK TO PREVENT OSTEOPORISIS! Most of the world's peoples do not consume cow's milk, and yet most of the world does not experience the high rates of osteoporosis found in the West.

JAYMEZ
11-19-2004, 10:15 AM
The only milk i like is chocolate milk , normal milk i just dont like it at all? no idea.

sputnik
11-19-2004, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by benyl
I don't drink milk cause it makes me fart. :D

Thats funny... because broccoli makes me fart

scooby_dooby
11-19-2004, 11:02 AM
I'm totally with AWD in this one, it's not natural, and you only have to look at the number of humans that are lactose intolerant,

80% of Asians, African Americans, Native AMericans, virtually every ethnicity of colour are lactose intolerent, it seems only white people are majority lactose TOLERANT.

I think it's wrong, I do think we're somewhat brainwashed, you think milk, you think healthy, without a doubt, why?

do you dring dog milk? do you drink horse milk? Mother nature intended you to drink your own, when your a baby and that's it!

I think if you look at the percentages of people who are GENETICALLY lactose intolerant, that shows that there's something not quite right about humans drinking cow milk.

Wth that said, we go through like 2 4litres a week at my house, lol

JustinL
11-19-2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by awd

And then there is the osteoporosis argument -- DRINK COW MILK TO PREVENT OSTEOPORISIS! Most of the world's peoples do not consume cow's milk, and yet most of the world does not experience the high rates of osteoporosis found in the West.

Do you think there may be other factors that contribute to the increase in osteoporosis in western cultures? Seems like quite the leap in logic in your argument.

Do you have any data to support your statement that drinking milk does not help prevent osteoporosis?

Here are some that I found:

Department of Medicine, University of Auckland, Private Bag 92019, Auckland 1001, New Zealand. [email protected] is an iron-binding glycoprotein present in epithelial secretions, such as milk, and in the secondary granules of neutrophils. We found it to be present in fractions of milk protein that stimulated osteoblast growth, so we assessed its effects on bone cell function. Lactoferrin produced large, dose-related increases in thymidine incorporation in primary or cell line cultures of human or rat osteoblast-like cells, at physiological concentrations (1-100 microg/ml). Maximal stimulation was 5-fold above control. Lactoferrin also increased osteoblast differentiation and reduced osteoblast apoptosis by up to 50-70%. Similarly, lactoferrin stimulated proliferation of primary chondrocytes. Purified, recombinant, human, or bovine lactoferrins had similar potencies. In mouse bone marrow cultures, osteoclastogenesis was dose-dependently decreased and was completely arrested by lactoferrin, 100 microg/ml, associated with decreased expression of receptor activator of nuclear factor-kappaB ligand. In contrast, lactoferrin had no effect on bone resorption by isolated mature osteoclasts. Lactoferrin was administered over calvariae of adult mice for 5 d. New bone formation, assessed using fluorochrome labels, was increased 4-fold by a 4-mg dose of lactoferrin. Thus, lactoferrin has powerful anabolic, differentiating, and antiapoptotic effects on osteoblasts and inhibits osteoclastogenesis. Lactoferrin is a potential therapeutic target in bone disorders such as osteoporosis and is possibly an important physiological regulator of bone growth.

Evidence that genetic disposition for adult lactose intolerance significantly affects calcium intake, bone density, and fractures in postmenopausal women is presented. PCR-based genotyping of lactase gene polymorphisms may complement diagnostic procedures to identify persons at risk for both lactose malabsorption and osteoporosis. INTRODUCTION: Lactase deficiency is a common autosomal recessive condition resulting in decreased intestinal lactose degradation. A -13910 T/C dimorphism (LCT) near the lactase phlorizin hydrolase gene, reported to be strongly associated with adult lactase nonpersistence, may have an impact on calcium supply, bone density, and osteoporotic fractures in the elderly. MATERIALS AND METHODS: We determined LCT genotypes TT, TC, and CC in 258 postmenopausal women using a polymerase chain reaction-based assay. Genotypes were related to milk intolerance, nutritional calcium intake, intestinal calcium absorption, bone mineral density (BMD), and nonvertebral fractures. RESULTS: Twenty-four percent of all women were found to have CC genotypes and genetic lactase deficiency. Age-adjusted BMD at the hip in CC genotypes and at the spine in CC and TC genotypes was reduced by -7% to -11% depending on the site measured (p = 0.04). LCT(T/C-13910) polymorphisms alone accounted for 2-4% of BMD in a multiple regression model. Bone fracture incidence was significantly associated with CC genotypes (p = 0.001). Milk calcium intake was significantly lower (-55%, p = 0.004) and aversion to milk consumption was significantly higher (+166%, p = 0.01) in women with the CC genotype, but there were no differences in overall dietary calcium intake or in intestinal calcium absorption test values. CONCLUSION: The LCT(T/C-13910) polymorphism is associated with subjective milk intolerance, reduced milk calcium intake, and reduced BMD at the hip and the lumbar spine and may predispose to bone fractures. Genetic testing for lactase deficiency may complement indirect methods in the detection of individuals at risk for both lactose malabsorption and osteoporosis.

There are thousands of peer reviewed articles about milk and osteoporosis. You can argue the philosiphy of drinking milk, but not the facts.

ZorroAMG
11-19-2004, 11:58 AM
1% milk with cookies and or as a beverage with pasta and most meals is the fucking bomb. Anyone that disagrees needs to go back to the teet :D

scooby_dooby
11-19-2004, 12:05 PM
what's the point if those two studies? really? The first one is based on MICE and is hardly conlusive:

"Lactoferrin is a potential therapeutic target in bone disorders such as osteoporosis and is possibly an important physiological regulator of bone growth."

sounds pretty shaky to me...

and the 2nd one, women who are lactose intolerant tend to drignk less milk, and therefore have lower MILK calcium intake? Therefore, testing for lactose intolerance MAY assist in detecting people at risk for osteoporosis?

ALl that says is calcium is good for bones, and people who don't get enough calcium MAY be at higher risk for bone disease, and??

All this really says to me, is that our society is way to dependant on milk as a source of calcium.

awd
11-19-2004, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by JustinL

Do you have any data to support your statement that drinking milk does not help prevent osteoporosis?

American women have been consuming an average of two pounds of milk per day for their entire lives, yet thirty million American women have osteoporosis. Drinking milk does not prevent bone loss. Bone loss is accelerated by ingesting too much protein, and milk has been called "liquid meat."

In order to absorb calcium, the body needs comparable amounts of another mineral element, magnesium. Milk and dairy products contain only small amounts of magnesium. Magnesium is the center atom of chlorophyll.

"Osteoporosis is caused by a number of things, one of the most important being too much dietary protein."

Science 1986;233(4763)

"Countries with the highest rates of osteoporosis, such as the United States, England, and Sweden, consume the most milk. China and Japan, where people eat much less protein and dairy food, have low rates of osteoporosis."

Nutrition Action Healthletter, June, 1993

"What appears to be important in bone metabolism is not calcium intake, but calcium balance. The loss of bone integrity among many post menopausal white women probably results from genetics and from diet and lifestyle factors. Research shows that calcium losses are increased by the use of animal protein, salt, caffeine, and tobacco, and by physical inactivity."

Neal Barnard, M.D., Physician's Committee for Responsible Medicine, Understanding Health, December, 1999

"Increasing one's protein intake by 100% may cause calcium loss to double."

Journal of Nutrition, 1981; 111 (3)

JustinL
11-19-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by awd

Milk consumption is linked to heart disease

Department of Epidemiology, Statistics and Public Health, University of Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff, UK. [email protected] OBJECTIVE: Milk consumption is considered a risk factor for vascular disease on the basis of relevant biological mechanisms and data from ecological studies. The aim was to identify published prospective studies of milk drinking and vascular disease, and conduct an overview. DESIGN: The literature was searched for cohort studies, in which an estimate of the consumption of milk, or the intake of calcium from dairy sources, has been related to incident vascular disease. MAIN OUTCOME MEASURES: Ischaemic heart disease and ischaemic stroke. RESULTS: In total, 10 studies were identified. Their results show a high degree of consistency in the reported risk for heart disease and stroke, all but one study suggesting a relative risk of less than one in subjects with the highest intakes of milk. A pooled estimate of relative odds in these subjects, relative to the risk in subjects with the lowest consumption, is 0.87 (95% CI 0.74-1.03) for ischaemic heart disease and 0.83 (0.77-0.90) for ischaemic stroke. The odds ratio for any vascular event is 0.84 (0.78-0.90). CONCLUSIONS: Cohort studies provide no convincing evidence that milk is harmful. While there still could be residual confounding from unidentified factors, the studies, taken together, suggest that milk drinking may be associated with a small but worthwhile reduction in heart disease and stroke risk. SPONSORSHIP: The University of Wales College of Medicine and Bristol University. Current support is from the Food Standards Agency.

JustinL
11-19-2004, 12:18 PM
Those were the first two articles I came across. I can go find some more though. Find me some evidence to back up your statements. Especially the one that says American women consume 2 lbs of milk per day.

I agree there is a lot of misinformation out there on both sides, and that's why I'm trying to use scientific data.

I am trying to suggest that maybe it's lack of physical activity or hormone differences that are the cause of higher rates of osteoporosis in western countries. Maybe it's because we live longer... women in western countries actually live in to their post menopausal years.

I agree somewhat with your milk and cancer argument. Milk is shown to be associated with increased rates of some types of cancer and reduced rates of other types of cancer.

awd
11-19-2004, 12:21 PM

Heart disease

Well, thats one study -- here are six more opinions.

"Milk and milk products gave the highest correlation coefficient to heart disease, while sugar, animal proteins and animal fats came in second, third, and fourth, respectively."

A Survey of Mortality Rates and Food Consumption Statistics of 24 Countries, Medical Hypothesis 7:907-918, 1981

More patients who had suffered a myocardial infarction had elevated levels of antibodies against milk proteins than was found in a comparable group of patients without coronary heart disease."

Davies, Antibodies and Myocardial Infarction, The Lancet, ii: 205-207, 1980

"Milk and many components of milk (butterfat, milk protein, calcium from milk, and riboflavin)… were positively related to coronary heart disease mortality for all 40 countries studied."

Circulation 1993; 88(6):2771-2779

"Greenland Eskimos, who have a very low incidence of ischemic heart disease, have a high-fat, high-protein diet, but a very low intake of milk."

British J of Preventive & Social Medicine, 1977

"For ischemic heart disease milk carbohydrates were found to have the highest statistical association for males aged 35+ and females aged 65+. In the case coronary heart disease, non-fat milk was found to have the highest association for males aged 45+ and females aged 75+, while for females 65- 74, milk carbohydrates and sugar had the highest associations...animal proteins contribute to homocysteine production; however, milk more than meat lacks adequate B vitamins to convert homocysteine to useful products. Lactose and calcium in conjunction with homocysteine from consumption of non-fat milk may also contribute to calcification of the arteries."

Altern Med Rev, 1998 Aug, 3:4

"Excessive milk consumption may adversely affect the circulation on account of the high calcium content of milk and because lactose promotes the intestinal absorption of calcium. Excessive calcium intake may cause calcification and rigidification of the large elastic arteries, which could be an important factor in causing myocardial ischaemia."

Med Hypotheses, 2000 May, 54:5

JustinL
11-19-2004, 12:29 PM

Nice work. I'll accept that. Although I wouldn't recommend anyone stop drinking milk based on that alone.

The impact of dietary protein on calcium absorption and kinetic measures of bone turnover in women.

School of Allied Health, Box U-2101, 358 Mansfield Rd, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT 06269-2101; Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Center for Human Nutrition, Baltimore MD; Adult Clinical Research Center and Food and Nutritional Services, Yale New Haven Hospital, New Haven CT; Adult Clinical Research Center, Yale University, New Haven CT; Yale University School of Internal Medicine, 333 Cedar Street, P.O. Box 208020, Fitkin 1, New Haven CT.

Although high-protein diets induce hypercalciuria in humans, the source of the additional urinary calcium remains unclear. One hypothesis is that the high endogenous acid load of a high-protein diet is partially buffered by bone, leading to increased skeletal resorption and hypercalciuria. We used dual stable calcium isotopes to quantify the effect of a high-protein diet on calcium kinetics in women. The study consisted of 2 weeks of a lead-in, well-balanced diet followed by 10 days of an experimental diet containing either moderate (1.0 g/kg) or high (2.1 g/kg) protein. Thirteen healthy women received both levels of protein in random order. Intestinal calcium absorption increased during the high protein diet in comparison to the moderate (26.2 +/- 1.9% vs. 18.5 +/- 1.6%, P < 0.0001, mean +/- SEM) as did urinary calcium (5.23 +/- 0.37 vs. 3.57 +/- 0.35 mmol/d, P < 0.0001, mean +/- SEM). The high protein diet caused a significant reduction in the fraction of urinary calcium of bone origin and a nonsignificant trend toward a reduction in the rate of bone resorption. There were no protein induced effects on net bone balance. These data directly demonstrate that, at least in the short-term, high protein diets are not detrimental to bone.

~Leah~
11-19-2004, 12:32 PM
I just drink milk. I hate pop and any other carbonated bevvy ... I drink milk and water. Sometimes juice. But usually milk. I don't care about how healthy/unhealthy it is. I just like it! That is all. :clap:

awd
11-19-2004, 12:34 PM

Nice work. I'll accept that. Although I wouldn't recommend anyone stop drinking milk based on that alone.

Agreed, hell I drink a glass of skim milk every few days -- its the only liquid that goes with my protein whey powder. I just think too many people think of cow milk as some magical juice from heaven, when in actuality it can be quite unhealthy.

Ben
11-19-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by ~Leah~
I just drink milk. I hate pop and any other carbonated bevvy ... I drink milk and water. Sometimes juice. But usually milk. I don't care about how healthy/unhealthy it is. I just like it! That is all. :clap:

Guess who's getting a cement mixer! :)

JustinL
11-19-2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by awd

Agreed, hell I drink a glass of skim milk every few days -- its the only liquid that goes with my protein whey powder. I just think too many people think of cow milk as some magical juice from heaven, when in actuality it can be quite unhealthy.

Atleast give me that milk has benefits as a nutritious drink with a good quality and quantity of protein as well as a source of calcium and other micro nutrients. There is nothing magical about milk that you can't get elsewhere, it's just one source for many of the things your body needs.

scooby_dooby
11-19-2004, 04:13 PM
you know whats funny, is when people talk about drinkin Mothers Milk, our OWN milk, everyone gets all grossed out.

But somehow it's not at all gross drinking milk that cames from a big ugly sac on the bottom of a stupid 4 legged animal?

Crazy land??

Jeevin
11-19-2004, 05:17 PM
Without writing too much....

Milk is good for you in moderation, just like everything.
Great source of Calcium, Vitamin D, and other fat soluable vitamins.

Anyone who tells you milk is 'unhealthy' is uninformed and uncultured. The key is moderation, don't over do anything.

By the logic of AWD,
I guess the media has been saying smoking is bad so it must be great!

Stop trying to seek a truth that isn't there
OF course over doing anything is bad for you, that is just plain COMMON SENSE.

GTS Jeff
11-19-2004, 06:04 PM
lol u guys are stupid. if its unnatural to drink COW milk, it must be even more unnatural to eat COW flesh. and what about grass that was fertilized by COW poo? thats pretty unnatural too.

morons.

hockeybronx
11-19-2004, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
1% milk with cookies and or as a beverage with pasta and most meals is the fucking bomb. Anyone that disagrees needs to go back to the teet :D

Hey I'm a faggot...

I'm defintely in agreeance.

Primer_Drift
11-19-2004, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by scooby_dooby
you know whats funny, is when people talk about drinkin Mothers Milk, our OWN milk, everyone gets all grossed out.

Gross? Wtf are you talking about, that shitz gotta be like twice as good as pure cream son! Mmm get me some of that for my cereal!

Breastmilk vs Cows milk..

Useless info fo j00
"chemically, human breast milk differs from cow's milk. The latter is richer in protein ( 3.3 vs. 1.0% , the main reason why infants cannot handle it), calcium (119 vs. 32 mg), and potassium (152 vs. 51 mg), but less concentrated in lipids ( 3.3 vs. 4.4% ), lactose ( 4.7 vs. 6.9 %), vitamin A (126 vs. 241 IU), and vitamin C (0.94 vs. 5.0 mg). (Source: USDA ) Although cow's milk has more protein, the peptides that make it up have a lower percentage of essential amino acids than human milk. And although it has less fat, it has more saturated fat than our milk. Breast milk also contains the fatty acid docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) which is absent from cow's milk and infant formula. There is a positive correlation between low levels of DHA in blood plasma and depression, one that is not necessarily meaningless because the brains of monkeys that are fed on a diet deficient in DHA don't develop normally."

Cows milk does contain essential fatty acids, however a much lower concentration, and fewer types than human milk. Nonetheless it is an essential dietary source, and is obviously recommeded for our consumption by the Canadian food and health guide (http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/hpfb-dgpsa/onpp-bppn/food_guide_rainbow_e.html).

awd
11-19-2004, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
lol u guys are stupid. if its unnatural to drink COW milk, it must be even more unnatural to eat COW flesh. and what about grass that was fertilized by COW poo? thats pretty unnatural too.

morons.

I will be the one LOL'ing in 20 years when your testes are removed jeff -- and I promise not to call you a moron.

hockeybronx
11-19-2004, 11:49 PM

morons.

Hey I'm a faggot...

I'm making history today... I actually agree with you!

Originally posted by awd

I will be the one LOL'ing in 20 years when your testes are removed jeff -- and I promise not to call you a moron.

Hey I'm a faggot...

Okay pal it's not really an "LOL" ing matter. You go ahead and eat your laboratory made carrots and stop listening to so much friggin news.

"A new study has found if you walk on the streets of New York at night you are guaranteed to be shot and/or killed" >Done and still alive.<

"This just in, if you even so much as place a foot in Bronx and you are white you are guaranteed not to last more than five minutes." >Done for 3 hours and still alive<

"Research has shown if you drive through Compton California you are guaranteed to either be shot or injected with heroin." >Done twice and still alive<

Just STFU and stop being so paranoid.

GTS Jeff
11-19-2004, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by awd

I will be the one LOL'ing in 20 years when your testes are removed jeff -- and I promise not to call you a moron. nyah nyah stupidhead! dickweed! gaylord!

awd
11-20-2004, 09:11 AM

Hey I'm a faggot...

serious? thats cool, whatever floats your boat.

LUDELVR
11-20-2004, 11:02 AM
the milk today is making teenagers over developed for their age! haha, not only that, it's giving them gunts at an earlier age, so in short, they are getting fatter...younger!:thumbsdow :thumbsdow :rofl:

Def_3
11-20-2004, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by SaabKraft
as an ingredient in baking or for making cheese and yogurt, it's ok, but it's fucking nasty as a beverage :barf:

so unnatural to drink

milk is unnatural? what planet are you from?

awd
11-20-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by LUDELVR
the milk today is making teenagers over developed for their age! haha, not only that, it's giving them gunts at an earlier age,

:rofl:

Jeevin
11-20-2004, 01:13 PM
take one cell biology course and you'll learn something

or how about high school?

habsfan
11-20-2004, 02:43 PM
i love milk, i go through a bag of 2% in about 2 days since im the only one in my fam that likes it.

scooby_dooby
11-20-2004, 03:55 PM

morons.

who the hell are to call people morons, you're so fuckin smart that you have all the answers?

look at how nature works, animals eat other animals it's called a fuckin food chain, so NO it's not unnatural to eat another animal, humans are omnivores why they hell do you think we have canines? to eat other humans? Who's the moron?

eating other animals IS natural, it's how mother nature meant for things to exist, feeding on the BREAST MILK of another species isn't natural, it's doesn't occur in nature, i don't see how this is a hard concept to grasp.

iceburns288
11-20-2004, 04:05 PM
haha did someone put Hey Playa on the swear filter...:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Jeevin
11-20-2004, 04:24 PM

who the hell are to call people morons, you're so fuckin smart that you have all the answers?

look at how nature works, animals eat other animals it's called a fuckin food chain, so NO it's not unnatural to eat another animal, humans are omnivores why they hell do you think we have canines? to eat other humans? Who's the moron?

eating other animals IS natural, it's how mother nature meant for things to exist, feeding on the BREAST MILK of another species isn't natural, it's doesn't occur in nature, i don't see how this is a hard concept to grasp.

Man is rational and can think based on knowledge; animals are stupid and not rational. WHY does man, a superior animal in knowledge and ability drink milk? BECAUSE, even if unnatural to nature's extent, it is HEALTHY. Man is rational and makes rational choices which are pro-man.

You don't have to drink milk, and nobody really cares.

hockeybronx
11-20-2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by awd

Hey I'm a faggot...

Yeah that's for sure what I said...

"Come on girls shake that ass.... oops I mean boys, boys boys boys.:rolleyes:

OKAY HERES THE KEY TO THIS WHOLE THREAD...

Milk is nutritional, healthy and has many ingredients that are vital to normal growth and development of the body.

The key is moderation yeah you are right too much can cause abnormal balances in your body.

awd
11-20-2004, 06:31 PM
The real key to this thread is:

Drink whatever the fuck you want.

Carfanman
11-20-2004, 09:11 PM
Hey ur a fagot
This thread is retarted
STFU!

GTS Jeff
11-21-2004, 12:45 AM

eating other animals IS natural, it's how mother nature meant for things to exist, feeding on the BREAST MILK of another species isn't natural, it's doesn't occur in nature, i don't see how this is a hard concept to grasp. hahaha holy shit man! ure fuckin dumb! that whole post that ure so angry at...is pure sarcasm which u didnt pick up at all cuz u obviously didnt read the whole thread!!

buddy i go thru 4L of homo milk every week and as much beef as i can afford...

scooby_dooby
11-22-2004, 12:38 PM
ya whatever man, your post was callin people morons cause they thought drinking milk was unnatural, and really you're the idiot because nothing could be further from natural than drinking from the tit of another animal,

i could care less how much beef you eat, it's your attitude and cockiness that rubbed me the wrong way,

GTS Jeff
11-22-2004, 12:46 PM
ya whatever man, your post was callin people morons cause they thought drinking milk was unnatural, and really you're the idiot because nothing could be further from natural than drinking from the tit of another animal,

i could care less how much beef you eat, it's your attitude and cockiness that rubbed me the wrong way, uh u just switched sides of the argument...

ricosuave
11-22-2004, 01:13 PM
http://www.milksucks.com/more.html

http://notmilk.com/

here is some light reading for y'all

SpoonEK9@STRD
11-22-2004, 02:26 PM

Hey I'm a faggot...

Yeah that's for sure what I said...

&quot;Come on girls shake that ass.... oops I mean boys, boys boys boys.:rolleyes:

OKAY HERES THE KEY TO THIS WHOLE THREAD...

Milk is nutritional, healthy and has many ingredients that are vital to normal growth and development of the body.

The key is moderation yeah you are right too much can cause abnormal balances in your body.

Agreed your a faggot, but why are you so repedative.

Carfanman
11-22-2004, 02:35 PM
If you dont like milk be my guest but if your male then dont drink soy.
Soy contains estrogens which most of you probably know, are female hormones. Excessive amounts of this may give you female characteristics. (i.e. Large brest area, Homoseksual tendancies, ect...)

JustinL
11-22-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Carfanman
If you dont like milk be my guest but if your male then dont drink soy.
Soy contains estrogens which most of you probably know, are female hormones. Excessive amounts of this may give you female characteristics. (i.e. Large brest area, Homoseksual tendancies, ect...)

LOL good one man! Your post was intended as a joke right?...

hockeybronx
11-22-2004, 03:35 PM

Hey Playa...

How could you take this guy seriously he couldn't even spell 'sex'.

scooby_dooby
11-22-2004, 03:43 PM
uh u just switched sides of the argument...

well actually my point has never changed, you just can't seem to comprehend it.

Here's my point, read slowly: Drinking cow milk is completely and totally UNNATURAL.

You said: "lol u guys are stupid. if its unnatural to drink COW milk, it must be even more unnatural to eat COW flesh."

i understand you're trying to play devils advocate, and you DO eat meat, trust me, i get your witty sarcasm. But the problem is your argument is retarded. The truth is eating another species' flesh IS natural, it's called a food chain, but drinking their breast-milk ISN'T.

Your point is just completely wrong, it's the opposite of how nature actually works, and you're calling people stupid?

I don't NOT like milk, i mean i drink tons of it, and i eat meat like it's going outta style, and I'm not gonna pretend I have any clue to whetehr it's harmful in the longrun. BUT, I think anyone actually thinks that this is a natural thing to do is delusional, just cause society says it's ok, doesn't mean it's right, or natural, it's kinda freakish actually.

GTS Jeff
11-22-2004, 06:41 PM

well actually my point has never changed, you just can't seem to comprehend it.

Here's my point, read slowly: Drinking cow milk is completely and totally UNNATURAL.

You said: &quot;lol u guys are stupid. if its unnatural to drink COW milk, it must be even more unnatural to eat COW flesh.&quot;

i understand you're trying to play devils advocate, and you DO eat meat, trust me, i get your witty sarcasm. But the problem is your argument is retarded. The truth is eating another species' flesh IS natural, it's called a food chain, but drinking their breast-milk ISN'T.

Your point is just completely wrong, it's the opposite of how nature actually works, and you're calling people stupid?

I don't NOT like milk, i mean i drink tons of it, and i eat meat like it's going outta style, and I'm not gonna pretend I have any clue to whetehr it's harmful in the longrun. BUT, I think anyone actually thinks that this is a natural thing to do is delusional, just cause society says it's ok, doesn't mean it's right, or natural, it's kinda freakish actually. if u want to talk about retarded, u should read over your own shit.

u are basing your argument on the fact that if something is unnatural (meaning that it does not occur in nature without human intervention), then it is wrong. humans are the only species to drink other species milk. unnatural. humans are the only species to cook their food. unnatural. humans are the only species to ever clothe themselves. unnatural. humans are the only species to develop medicine to extend our lives beyond their natural lifespans. unnatural.

as u can see, if u associate unnaturalness as being wrong and freakish, u are deeming all humanity and its doings wrong and freakish. and since u are a part of that humanity, u might as well commit suicide. animals do that in nature. its perfectly natural and therefore right. :rolleyes:

GTS Jeff
11-22-2004, 06:44 PM
oh or if u decide not to do that cuz of your weak convictions, then at least make sure to not drink milk, not cook your food, not wear clothing, and not ever take medicine. only then are u truly natural and therefore moral.

Jeevin
11-22-2004, 07:02 PM
if u want to talk about retarded, u should read over your own shit.

u are basing your argument on the fact that if something is unnatural (meaning that it does not occur in nature without human intervention), then it is wrong. humans are the only species to drink other species milk. unnatural. humans are the only species to cook their food. unnatural. humans are the only species to ever clothe themselves. unnatural. humans are the only species to develop medicine to extend our lives beyond their natural lifespans. unnatural.

as u can see, if u associate unnaturalness as being wrong and freakish, u are deeming all humanity and its doings wrong and freakish. and since u are a part of that humanity, u might as well commit suicide. animals do that in nature. its perfectly natural and therefore right. :rolleyes:

HAHAHAHA! :rofl: :rofl:

Thank you for the best point made on this discussion.
Anybody saying that milk is unnatural is anti-man. As I stated earlier, man is rational, and can develop.

Your computer, your car, is all 'unnatural' according to this bullshit you picked up from some hippy teaching you.

hexified
11-23-2004, 09:46 AM
Id say i go through about 4L of milk every week...2% I mostly use it in all the protein powder shakes that i use...other than that i go through about 8L of coke every week.....i can feel my insides rotting away as we speak...

scooby_dooby
11-23-2004, 03:21 PM
hahaha, so now you're comparing technology and innovation to the act of drinking from the tit of another species?

There are plenty of things that occor in nature for the first time, it doesn't make them unnatural,

There are other things, like sex with a different species, like sex between siblings, like homosexuality, like drinking from the tit of another species, that are fundamentally wrong. I'm talkin basic fundamental laws of nature.

it's wrong, wasn't meant to be, shouldn't be happenin, bottom line.

and that's my opinion!! you can be arrogant and self rightous and believe you and only you have all the answers, as long as you feel smart, i could give 2 shits.

GTS Jeff
11-23-2004, 05:45 PM
hahaha, so now you're comparing technology and innovation to the act of drinking from the tit of another species?
the definition of technology is "The innovation, change, or modification of the natural environment to satisfy perceived human needs and wants." wow! that definition already implies unnaturalness AND includes milk-drinking as technology!

There are plenty of things that occor in nature for the first time, it doesn't make them unnatural,uh what does this sentence even mean in context of the rest of your post? and why is it that u cant spell a common word like "Occur?"

There are other things, like sex with a different species, like sex between siblings, like homosexuality, like drinking from the tit of another species, that are fundamentally wrong. I'm talkin basic fundamental laws of nature. do a search for "sichuan golden monkeys" on google. homosexuality and incest is very common in nature. do u find beastiality unnatural? cuz interspecial sex is also found in nature (where do mules come from?) what about a man killing a womans husband and her kids, then raising a family with her? cuz that happens in nature too, thats what happens when a new lion male takes over a pride.

fundamental laws of nature? where the fuck do u come up with this bullshit? haha why dont u try posting up these fabled laws?
:rolleyes:

it's wrong, wasn't meant to be, shouldn't be happenin, bottom line. u cant expect anyone to take u seriously when your ideas are based on incoherent ramblings about how anything unnatural is wrong.

and that's my opinion!! you can be arrogant and self rightous and believe you and only you have all the answers, as long as you feel smart, i could give 2 shits.

its obvious that u know that u are arguing a bunk point or u wouldnt suddenly back down and pretend what uve said all along is just an "opinion." its also obvious because u are stooping to personal attacks. u dont know how to attack the argument, so u attack the person. awesome :thumbsup:

treg50
11-23-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by awd

HAHAHAHAHA, I was reading these posts about then every now and then I'd see this "faggot" word used by the same person each time they posted saying that they were one. So I'd just like to say, :whocares: if you're a faggot? Stop keeping it like a glowing sign on your forehead. Do you want do be identified as different? Do you want to seperate yourself from non-"faggots" (your word)? If you do, then don't complain when people treat you differently and don't complain when they seperate from you. Hetero or "faggot," we're all human, so stop seperating yourself from us. Just put that shit in your signature.

Originally posted by Carfanman
Hey ur a fagot
This thread is retarted
STFU!

ROFL, hahahaha. :rofl:

Hey I'm heterosexual, LOL... anyways, and now I'll post on the topic of this thread: I think milk is fine to drink, but like many people have already said, in moderation. Do you think everyday for breakfast is okay? I used to kill the milk as a kid. I'd eat rolled up Kraft singles with glasses of milk as a snack. Hm, so I think a bowl of milk is okay. Milk rocks so much more than just calcium as well. I personally only use Natrel 2%, it's awesome. It's super-fine-filtered to leave in maximum taste and remove maximum impurities.

scooby_dooby
11-24-2004, 05:19 PM
its obvious that u know that u are arguing a bunk point or u wouldnt suddenly back down and pretend what uve said all along is just an &quot;opinion.&quot; its also obvious because u are stooping to personal attacks. u dont know how to attack the argument, so u attack the person. awesome :thumbsup:

holy shit are you dumb, you can't realize that this ENTIRE THREAD is pure opinion? The question is whether certain thing are unnatural or wrong, this can't be proven or disproven, it all based totally on OPINION.

It's stupid fucks like you who think they actually KNOW the answer and talk down to other people like they actually know what the hell they're talking about. My problem was never with the argument, it was with the person, the cocky, arrogant, bigheaded person.

I knew you'd bring up homosexuality in animals, because once again you see things about a millimetre past the surface. Homesexuality is unnatural, even though it occurs in nature, why? because if it was the predominate trend, species could not REPRODUCE! And they would die, why do I have to explain this shit to you? Stupid...

Bottom line is I just think some things are inheritantly wrong, you on other hand seem to think that anything is ok, as long as it CAN be done, it SHOULD be done. Of course, the truth is there are MANY things we could do that we should not.

So with that said i'm pretty sick of arguing about milk, i'm sure you'll make some stupid surface-deep reply to once again re-assert your notion of superior intellect, rock on.

btw, is it occar or occer?

GTS Jeff
11-24-2004, 06:00 PM

holy shit are you dumb, you can't realize that this ENTIRE THREAD is pure opinion? The question is whether certain thing are unnatural or wrong, this can't be proven or disproven, it all based totally on OPINION.

It's stupid fucks like you who think they actually KNOW the answer and talk down to other people like they actually know what the hell they're talking about. My problem was never with the argument, it was with the person, the cocky, arrogant, bigheaded person.

I knew you'd bring up homosexuality in animals, because once again you see things about a millimetre past the surface. Homesexuality is unnatural, even though it occurs in nature, why? because if it was the predominate trend, species could not REPRODUCE! And they would die, why do I have to explain this shit to you? Stupid...

Bottom line is I just think some things are inheritantly wrong, you on other hand seem to think that anything is ok, as long as it CAN be done, it SHOULD be done. Of course, the truth is there are MANY things we could do that we should not.

So with that said i'm pretty sick of arguing about milk, i'm sure you'll make some stupid surface-deep reply to once again re-assert your notion of superior intellect, rock on.

btw, is it occar or occer? u are so ineffective at arguing your point that u need to resort to petty insults. good job.

you make contradictory statements like, "Homesexuality is unnatural, even though it occurs in nature," ummmm do realize the definition of unnatural? it means NOT occuring in nature. anyway, the cause of homosexuality in monkeys is something called behavioral variation, which is currently selected against in their situation. however, variations such as that enhance diversity, enabling a species to evolve with changing conditions. this is an example of the mechanism of evolution, something that couldnt be more natural.

u have completely skirted the issue that your whole argument is based upon the tenet that "unnatural is wrong," which is false. can u prove that unnatural IS wrong? if not, everything uve said is useless.

u say im surface deep. can u prove how? can u learn to back up what u say?

u mention that im trying to assert my superior intellect. this has nothing to do with intellect, it has to do with education, critical thinking, and knowing how to present a proper and convincing argument. u need to work on all 3. u have a weak grasp of what goes on in nature, u refuse to think beyond your own "opinions," and you present an ineffective argument by not basing it on accepted facts or even backing your claims up with logic.

my guess is that uve never had any university education.

davidI
11-24-2004, 08:17 PM
I hate how fitness and nutrition always gets overrun by offtopic shit written by guys who have never touched a weight in their lives :banghead:

Back on topic, it's Egg Nog season - bulking time :D

Ben
11-24-2004, 10:16 PM
Always Grow, Grow All Ways

hockeybronx
11-25-2004, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by davidI
I hate how fitness and nutrition always gets overrun by offtopic shit written by guys who have never touched a weight in their lives :banghead:

Back on topic, it's Egg Nog season - bulking time :D

Hey Playa...

:werd: to that for sure... Although I always add a little MILK to my eggnog. Yeah we only get it once per year, but when we get it, we get it!

vegas2005baby
11-25-2004, 11:47 AM

Hey Playa...

:werd: to that for sure... Although I always add a little MILK to my eggnog. Yeah we only get it once per year, but when we get it, we get it!

freeze a couple litres and you can have it all year long :)

hockeybronx
11-25-2004, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by vegas2005baby

freeze a couple litres and you can have it all year long :)

Hey Playa...

No way! I would definetely get sick of it if we could get it all year long. It's only good around this time.

Carfanman
11-28-2004, 02:33 PM

Nope.

Hey Playa...

How could you take this guy seriously he couldn't even spell 'sex'.

Dude I just spell different because you a fagit

yeerj
03-07-2005, 12:37 PM
For those of you (especially the asians) who suffer from lactose intolerance you should get a digestive enzyme called Digesta. It contains lactase amongst a number of other enzymes. I know of a few asian doctors who use the product personally for their personal case of lactose intolerance.

Calcium is an extremely important vitamin and they are now finding more cases of osteoporosis in men. So, don't think that this is something that only women need to worry about. If you don't like drinking milk or eating broccoli go out and get yourself some calcium supplements.

I don't get enough calcium in my diet so I take a calcium citrate called Osteocit. It's great because it disperses easily in liquid so I just drop a tablet in my protein shake and I get my calcium without even realizing it.

Arisilde
03-07-2005, 03:27 PM
I like milk, but I can't drink it alot, not lactose intolerant but pure allergic to it. So those lactaid pills and stuff do jack, I still get sick and break out. Allergic to soy too so, lol. Calcium supps. shall just have to do.

1badPT
03-07-2005, 03:42 PM
Hey I'm a faggot...snip

Hey I'm a faggot...snip

:rofl: :rofl: looks like an admin had fun editing "playa" out of all of hockeybronx's posts :D