PDA

View Full Version : Euro-plates are illegal

hockeybronx
11-01-2004, 01:42 AM
Hey Playa...

So I go through a checkstop the other night.

The cop stops me:

"Hello sir, Alberta checkstop...have you been drinking at all tonight?"

"Nope."

"You haven't?"

"Nope...nope."

He then looks at me and walks around my car. Immediately I start thinking...will he bust me because my exhaust is too loud, will he notice my front windows are tinted, or that my license plate cover is tinted?

He comes back and says:

"That license plate you have on the front... take it off."

"It's not a license plate it's a euro-plate."

"I don't care... take it off, you aren't allowed to have anything resembling a license plate on the front of your car."

Man I sure didn't know this, there is no way in hell I'm taking it off... that's ridiculous.

Just a heads up for all ya'll.

I know I know :whocares:

A_3
11-01-2004, 01:49 AM
This has been covered many times, pretty much every mod is illegal. Don't bother to pull it off, I see tons of euro plates around.

Kobe
11-01-2004, 01:53 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

energie23
11-01-2004, 10:44 AM
really thats dumb imo.

cavb0i
11-01-2004, 11:25 AM
r u a playa?

QuasarCav
11-01-2004, 11:28 AM
He is the Playa.

sexualbanana
11-01-2004, 11:58 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

EK 2.0
11-01-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
He's also comparable to Jesus if I remember correctly

eeeee...here we go again...

hockeybronx
11-01-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by A_3
This has been covered many times, pretty much every mod is illegal. Don't bother to pull it off, I see tons of euro plates around.

Hey Playa...

Yeah that's what I was thinking, I guess it depends on what kind of mood the officer is in. This guy was standing outside and it was pretty cold that night, he didn't seem to have any time for a young punk like me with my candystand mods.

JCX
11-01-2004, 03:34 PM
I feel you. Don't hate the Playa, hate his plates.

Skylinelover
11-01-2004, 04:38 PM
They are illegal and I believe it is like a 200 dollar ticket.

SaabKraft
11-01-2004, 04:53 PM
i had an old 50's brit plate on my car all last summer, with no problem.

what about all the 'go oilers go' or commerical plates on trucks?

such BS, it's not stopping me from getting my EU sweden plate next summer.

Skylinelover
11-01-2004, 05:03 PM
Any funyn bumper plate is good but it can't be a real "fake" plate.

IE, Alberta plate saying like 69 that wasn't registered or anything. And if it was different than your one on your back bumper.

hockeybronx
11-01-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by SaabKraft
i had an old 50's brit plate on my car all last summer, with no problem.

what about all the 'go oilers go' or commerical plates on trucks?

such BS, it's not stopping me from getting my EU sweden plate next summer.

Hey Playa...

I know what you mean, and also what about people from BC or Saskatchewan? All of them have license plates on the front of their cars.

nismodrifter
11-01-2004, 05:48 PM
Hey playa....

In Saskatchewan a front plate is not required by law anymore...its all the old skool mofukaz that don't know about the law change who still run them.

FiveFreshFish
11-01-2004, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by nismodrifter
In Saskatchewan a front plate is not required by law anymore...
If you get new Sask plates, are you issued one or two?

nismodrifter
11-01-2004, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

I dunno...:dunno:

hockeybronx
11-01-2004, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

Hey Playa...

Well if Big Mick is right then you only get one since the front one is not required by law. In my opinion the front plate is complete bullshit.

post edited by nismodrifter: I'd appreciate if you don't post my personal stuff here homie..

finboy
11-01-2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by hockeybronx
Hey Playa...

So I go through a checkstop the other night.

The cop stops me:

"Hello sir, Alberta checkstop...have you been drinking at all tonight?"

"Nope."

"You haven't?"

"Nope...nope."

He then looks at me and walks around my car. Immediately I start thinking...will he bust me because my exhaust is too loud, will he notice my front windows are tinted, or that my license plate cover is tinted?

He comes back and says:

"That license plate you have on the front... take it off."

"It's not a license plate it's a euro-plate."

"I don't care... take it off, you aren't allowed to have anything resembling a license plate on the front of your car."

Man I sure didn't know this, there is no way in hell I'm taking it off... that's ridiculous.

Just a heads up for all ya'll.

I know I know :whocares:

A. please stop saying "hey playa." it is annoying and you will only get flammed for it :)

B. cops can be dicks, just leave the plate, i highly doubt you will get hassled for it unless you are doing something stupid to provoke a BS ticket.

C4S
11-01-2004, 07:01 PM
:confused: :confused:

I have been using Euro Plates for .. many years ! (5 yrs ? ) and my buddy been using a Euro plate for 3 yrs ..

Never got any problem .... it means nothing ! since we don't need a front plate here, it just like any sticker for the car, or just like any " Flames", " Oilers " .. whatever front plate !

:dunno: :dunno:

Skylinelover
11-02-2004, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by C4S
:confused: :confused:

I have been using Euro Plates for .. many years ! (5 yrs ? ) and my buddy been using a Euro plate for 3 yrs ..

Never got any problem .... it means nothing ! since we don't need a front plate here, it just like any sticker for the car, or just like any " Flames", " Oilers " .. whatever front plate !

:dunno: :dunno:

Hey playa.. :rofl:

It depends I think euro plates are alright but provincial or american platesare illegal to have if they are fake.

rice_eater
11-04-2004, 09:41 AM
dont the custom plates with messages/pictures that you can buy and stick in the front resemble real liscences too? according to that cop those would be illegal too :rolleyes: ??

91rss
11-08-2004, 11:28 AM
there was a post on 780 I think re a woman in red deer getting stopped and she said the judge in town had one as well so they better get right over and tell him to get his off as well....Think they faded away after hearing her response..

chris
11-08-2004, 11:34 AM
take it off or he might give you another warning, they probably wont give you a ticket for a euro plate

three.eighteen.
11-08-2004, 11:38 AM
he totally told you to take the plate off because the second you rolled down your window to talk to the cop you probably said "Hey Playa..."

nickyh
11-08-2004, 08:51 PM
same thing happened to my husband while drving my car.
Exact same situation - check stop.

Still have the plate on the front and that's where it will stay.

NiteRider
11-09-2004, 01:20 AM
i will never take off my front euro plate

GoChris
11-09-2004, 08:52 AM
holy crap people who cares if he says he playa, just skip that line, it really doesnt matter, at least his posts are english and readable and actually relevant.

screw what the cop said, hes just looking for an excuse to use this authority

noodles
11-15-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by three.eighteen.
he totally told you to take the plate off because the second you rolled down your window to talk to the cop you probably said....Hey Playa....

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: thaz crunk yo

3G
11-15-2004, 07:06 PM
i have a lebanese plate on the front of my car hope them cops dont say shit y0

schurchill39
11-15-2004, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by three.eighteen.
he totally told you to take the plate off because the second you rolled down your window to talk to the cop you probably said "Hey Playa..."

HAHAHAHA I'm gunna do that and see what them po-lice say. Just act all gangsta

"hey kid you know your white right"
"Shuddup foo and gimme ma ticket Bitch"

schurchill39
11-15-2004, 11:25 PM
That was pretty dumb to say.... I appologise:dunno:

frostyda9
11-25-2004, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by schurchill39
I appologise

:rofl: For what? Your spelling? There's so many 16 year old kids in this city that actually DO talk like they're G'd up from the feet up rolling str8 outta Compton that no one even notices anymore

schurchill39
11-25-2004, 11:00 PM
Hahaha soo true, theres this kid who catches a ride with me and if you didnt look directly at him you would swear hes a gangsta haha we call him G UNIT then he tries to hit us with hammer.

gnarkill
12-10-2004, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by schurchill39
Hahaha soo true, theres this kid who catches a ride with me and if you didnt look directly at him you would swear hes a gangsta haha we call him G UNIT then he tries to hit us with hammer.

hahhaha or he pulls a knife on you ,AGAIN hahaha

gnarkill
12-10-2004, 12:18 AM
driving to school is an adventure hey scotty lol

schurchill39
12-10-2004, 12:42 AM
Driving anywhere with you is an adventure you damn hooligan