PDA

View Full Version : 95 acura integra ls.. i think dealer ripped me off

TypeR
11-01-2004, 09:59 AM
hi i recently purchased a 95 integra ls automatic. what happens is when the car is parked for long and i drive it , i can feel it changing gears. it jerks kinda.(kicks) wateva u wana call it but after a good 15 munites it drives fine.i told the dealer about it and he says its just because the car is cold.. im worried about maybe the transmition is goin bad..

what do you think?

awd
11-01-2004, 10:21 AM
Did you take it to a mechanic before purchasing?

Buyer Beware...

cavb0i
11-01-2004, 11:08 AM
ur suppose 2 let the car warm up b4 driving

JAYMEZ
11-01-2004, 11:44 AM
let it warm for like 2 mins.

benyl
11-01-2004, 12:14 PM
Honda's are designed to shift at a high RPM when cold in order to warm the engine quickly. It is probably normal.

You only need to warm your car up for 30 seconds to get the oil to all the parts. Anymore than 30 seconds is a waste of gas.

Just take it easy on the car until it is up to normal operating temperature.

EK 2.0
11-01-2004, 12:24 PM
All the posts that people have made are correct...

but Transmission Fluid is usually one of the more overlooked fulids in a car...get the transmission flushed and see if that solves anything...and if not...then just by Honda nature...wait till the transmission warms up a lil...and that should soften the shifts...

TypeR
11-01-2004, 12:26 PM
well i wait til 5 munites for the car to warm up.. i took it for a transmition guy to road test and he tells me that 1st and second gear is aggressive. it could be the silenoil or some shit he told me..

ninjak84
11-01-2004, 12:31 PM
Do you mean solenoid? (I don't know if I spelled it right!)

I would get it inspected at 2-3 shops. If their reports conflict with the condition of sale that you bought it under, then you have a case against the dealorship. If the dealor has the car listed with a "perfect tranny", and your inspection says the flywheel is burnt up, then that's your case.