PDA

View Full Version : windshield washer nozzles, clogged

iblizzard
11-01-2004, 02:59 PM
I drive a 1990 accord and my windshield washer nozzles are clogged with (what I believe to be) scaling from my reservoir. I was first thinking I might as well just take the reservoir out, clean it out, blow the hoses/nozzles out with air and then that should fix it.... I didn't try that since I don't really want to take the reservoir out (bumper must come off, not a 15 minute job). Though I was just wondering if anyone has any other suggestions as to how I can clean this out? Anything I can add to the reservoir to reduce it/get rid of it without damaging the car's paint when it's sprayed? I'd guess something like CLR would work, but I'm worried it would damage the paint.

Skylinelover
11-01-2004, 03:07 PM
Take the nozzles off and then put them in CLR.

iblizzard
11-01-2004, 03:11 PM
It's not just the nozzles though... I switched the nozzles, and they worked for a while, but then clogged up again...

Weapon_R
11-01-2004, 03:15 PM
use a needle to dislodge the dirt in there.

iblizzard
11-01-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
use a needle to dislodge the dirt in there.

Again, it's not just the nozzles. I've changed them and they just got clogged up again.

QuasarCav
11-01-2004, 03:27 PM
Disconnect the line up to the nozzles. Put some CLR in your tank, run the whole thing through. Put the line back on, see what happens!

iblizzard
11-01-2004, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
Disconnect the line up to the nozzles. Put some CLR in your tank, run the whole thing through. Put the line back on, see what happens!

Didn't even think to do that.... :banghead:
Just put the CLR in, disconnect it and let it just pump out of the tank and into a bucket or whatever.

That should work (assuming it is just scaling or something)