PDA

View Full Version : downpipe leak affecting wideband reading?

Dj_FL!PSW!TCH
11-01-2004, 04:55 PM
There is a leak on my downpipe flange, the gasket kinda got blown out cause I only had two bolts insteal of three, now the dilema here is it is impossible to remove the downpipe with out removing the engine, its welded in there. :rofl:

the leak is very small, feels like some one blowing on your hand very very lightly, but I'm afraid it might fuck witht my wideband. I was thinking of getting a big role of exhaust rap and raping the downpipe and flange with it. but I"m worried exhaust pressure might blow it out?

so, if thats a good idea, where can i get some exhaust rap for cheap?

cboyspimp
11-01-2004, 05:04 PM
wow.. i would take out the motor before the leak gets worse and replace the dp.. you can get wrap at guyon racing on edmonton trail i think...

Dj_FL!PSW!TCH
11-01-2004, 05:10 PM
nah man, I'm not worried about it getting bigger.

legendboy
11-01-2004, 05:12 PM
yes it will affect your wb readings.

Dj_FL!PSW!TCH
11-01-2004, 11:18 PM
how much, will my readings be rich or lean compared to actual conditions, I guess i'll get some exhaust rap 2morw.

Maxt
11-02-2004, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by cboyspimp
wow.. i would take out the motor before the leak gets worse and replace the dp.. you can get wrap at guyon racing on edmonton trail i think...

I think Guyon is no longer... I saw auction notices in the windows..maxt

Primer_Drift
11-02-2004, 12:45 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

Dr. Lightspeed
11-03-2004, 01:27 AM
Will definately read leaner. Depending on how big the leak is and how much ambiant air it will actually pull will determine how much leaner..

cboyspimp
11-03-2004, 02:57 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

tommygun03
11-03-2004, 08:38 AM
since the Dp is already welded in there, fix the leak with a weld if you can get to it. you should fix it though, exhaust leaks can lead to worse problems.

Dj_FL!PSW!TCH
11-03-2004, 09:55 AM
if I weld it, I"ll be welding the dowpipe flaunch to the turbo, believe me if it was that easy I would have already thought of that.

Ps: thanks mods for cleaning up this thread. :)