PDA

View Full Version : interior neon... maybe dumb question

FinalAeon
11-01-2004, 08:47 PM
umm, i've thought i've always known the rle to be that yo cannot have colors like red and blue in/outside of your car...

then i had someone tell me it was ok... and ARE allowed to have them as long as they dont strobe...

his got to me... cause i thought it made sense, and i see people in my area (atlanta, georgia) with red undercar and blue undercar and stuff... and there aequite a lot o cops around here...

so is it legal to have blue/red/other suspicious colors in/outside of your car?

dj_rice
11-01-2004, 10:21 PM
I say contact ur local police agency in ur town and ask them the regulations becuz this differs from state to state...

wildrice
11-01-2004, 10:22 PM
yea, we're in calgary, ur in georgia
better off to ask police

hockeybronx
11-07-2004, 11:53 PM
Hey Playa...

I'd say interior lights wouldn't be a big issue (depending on brightness).

But yeah the other guys are right, only the Police will know.

ex1z7
11-08-2004, 08:19 AM
I don't think brightness has a thing to do with it - underglow is illegal, and stupid to drive around with all the time anyways - not much point in attracting attention to mods on your car that may be illegal, now is there ;)

Interior neon would be okay if it was on a switch that you hit so you could actually put the light to good use, otherwise, thats just a gigantic headache waiting to happen driving around 24/7 with a 12" CCFL in your eyeball....

FinalAeon
11-08-2004, 09:05 AM
actually, i put 2 12" cold cathodes under my dash so it's a soft light (29,000cd/m) and it's not hitting me in the eye, but it is a little visible by other drivers :D

and yes it's on a switch

hockeybronx
11-08-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by ex1z7
I don't think brightness has a thing to do with it - underglow is illegal, and stupid to drive around with all the time anyways - not much point in attracting attention to mods on your car that may be illegal, now is there

Hey Playa...

Okay Jimmy Dangles... now if you go and actually read my post you will see that I was refering to interior lights.

READ THE DAMN POST BEFORE YOU ACT A FOOL.

mr2mike
11-08-2004, 07:20 PM
I remember seeing this article on some guy who won in court for the ticket to his undercarraige lights... It was an "illegal equipment" ticket. He argued that because the neon was an indirect lighting source, that it was no different than a neon sign reflecting off the road.

But you have to make sure that the lights are done properly too I hate those undercarriage lights that you can see the blub... do you idiots know how to do it right? You hide the bulb so it reflects off the road :guns:

ex1z7
11-09-2004, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by hockeybronx

Hey Playa...

Okay Jimmy Dangles... now if you go and actually read my post you will see that I was refering to interior lights.

READ THE DAMN POST BEFORE YOU ACT A FOOL.

Okay fucktard, if you read MY post you'd see I was referring to both types of neons. Not just undercar but interior as well.

hockeybronx
11-09-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by ex1z7

Okay fucktard, if you read MY post you'd see I was referring to both types of neons. Not just undercar but interior as well.

Hey Playa...

Great! Good for you!:thumbsup:

FinalAeon
11-09-2004, 03:09 PM
:bullshit: