PDA

View Full Version : Stinky interior

Delta
11-01-2004, 11:06 PM
Hey, I just bought a car (89' Prelude) and it reeks of cigarette smoke inside it. Will some good ol' air freshners get rid of it? Thanks.

sabad66
11-01-2004, 11:13 PM
Just buy a bottle or 2 of Febreze Auto and spray that mofo all over. It worked for me.

Delta
11-02-2004, 12:34 AM
haha alright i'll just give 'er with some of o' that. It should work. Thanks dude.

hockeybronx
11-07-2004, 11:57 PM
Hey Playa...

Because I'm always carrying around hockey equipment that is beyond being toxic, I've figured out a good system.

I clean my car inside and out once a week. On the inside I febreeze the shit out of everything. I also buy a hanging car freshner (the trees or whatever). The key is following the guide on the back. Push the plastic back every week. Once you are done with it, soak it in water then put it in your trunk (as it dries it will give out one more push of fresh air).

It's funny because I have one air freshener in my car, and like 25 hanging in my trunk.

It's the only way to keep it smelling good.

xDiMSuMx
11-08-2004, 12:58 AM
Glade Ultra is crazy
one spray of that will clear out a room

if u park in a garage maybe leave your windows open so it can air out?

A_3
11-08-2004, 01:14 AM
I accidently left an empty box that had been filled with Tim Hortons Honey Dipped donoughts for a week and now everyone who gets in my car says it smells good haha. I go for the air freshener (get a new one every month or so) and then give my car a good spray down with glade every time I give her a good interior clean (once every couple months) I also try and keep it fairly tidy between cleans which I find keeps it smelling nice!

Gspotracer
11-08-2004, 01:25 AM
Shampoo the interior(floor & seats)& buy an air freshener, as long as you don't smoke in it the smell should be gone:thumbsup:

@lchy
11-08-2004, 01:55 AM
Go to crappy tire, by the lil blue gel like air fresheners you insert into your vents, i forget what they say on em, but crank the heat (now its winter you should do that anyway) and smell the goodness. They make your car go faster too!

hockeybronx
11-08-2004, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by @lchy
They make your car go faster too!

Hey Playa...

Really? That's a great power : money ratio. Do they have those for Jetta's as well? I have heard if you combine those with a good intake and exhaust you can add an honest 50 hp to your car.

:drama:

Delta
11-10-2004, 05:32 PM
Hey, thanks guys. I actually didn't get the car cuz it needed 3 grand of work on it. I almost wasn't allowed to drive it back cuz they said it was unsafe to drive. I'll remember that for the future, cuz i'll probly stink up my car with old mcdonalds or something. and ill be sure to use airfreshner to boost my power, jk.

crx62
11-11-2004, 09:48 AM
Shampoo or get someone to, the interior and then febrezee the shit out of it.

Let sit for 10 minutes hen u r ready to go.

sputnik
11-11-2004, 09:55 AM
Turtle Wax Power Out is great on upholstery and carpets.

Arz2003!
11-21-2004, 06:38 AM
What about a Maxima 90's that is always carrying fishing equipment always fishing carrying bait smells really bad i cant get that shrimp smell of for nothing i been having this problem a few months:banghead:

hockeybronx
11-21-2004, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Arz2003!
What about a Maxima 90's that is always carrying fishing equipment always fishing carrying bait smells really bad i cant get that shrimp smell of for nothing i been having this problem a few months:banghead:

Hey Playa...

I usually clean my interior out after I go fishing.

The first step is to properly seal the bait. If it's in a can like Powerbait then just make sure the seal is tight. Other than that, use ziploc bags for anything else.

When cleaning your car out, just Febreeze the fabrics, use an air freshner and you should be alright!

teamPR0
11-23-2004, 12:35 AM
at wal-mart i bought some new car smell spray-on airfreshener to get the new car smell back. now my car kinda smells like a clean washroom. hahah.

S14maniac
11-27-2004, 02:29 AM
fabreeze really works??? for me i just leave the window open on my car every night after i park my car in my garage, and a good cleanin would be nice... take everything out and do a good cleaning.

TypeS
11-27-2004, 10:46 AM
speaking of those little ones you clip to your vents....why doesnt anyone sell the f*cking refills? I think mine is the glade one but im not sure...its dark grey/light grey with the light grey part that spins open/close!
need refills but all they sell is the unit w/ a refill:thumbsdow

lol still can't get the smell of japanese polution out of my car:barf:

Rikimaru
11-29-2004, 03:50 PM
dude get a new interior or listen to them and get a "new car scent" air freshiner (it works)

Delta
11-30-2004, 12:18 AM
thanks everyone. It's almost all gone, every now and then i can get a whiff of the stench, but its all good.