PDA

View Full Version : where to find good trance, techno!

shane
11-02-2004, 12:19 AM
i search on limewire and all i get is crap...
where can i make an awsome cd full of trance,
like were is a good site, artist, etc.......

i like the crap they play at visions and soundsaround they always got good beats!

any suggestions on even what cd to buy?

thanks,

little_wan
11-02-2004, 12:39 AM
Artists i like for Trance:
Johan Geilen
Above and Beyond
Dumonde
Svenson and Geilen
Safri Duo
Ayla (DJ Tandu)
Ferry Corsten
Armin Van Buren

Me and Rodi Style have a trance mix you can get at
http://www.djstatuswan.com/ithappens.mp3
and a trance mix i made a year ago
http://www.djstatuswan.com/summernights.mp3

Come to "Impact" November 20th at maxbell arena for a wicked night of trance and hard trance!
http://www.impact-2004.com

DannyO
11-02-2004, 12:45 AM
Goto HMV or something and check out all the Ibiza, Gatecrasher, Ministry Of Sound, Slinky....yada yada yada CDs, theres loads, there pretty good, some can be very commercial music, also Phonics down on 17th have some good shit, I'd recommend checking them for some Sasha CDs, as for MP3s, I dunno where to get anything anymore as I buy it on vinyl, but I will be buying MP3s online from places like www.beatport.com
www.audiojelly.com
www.edmdigital.com
www.soundclicks.com
also if you want to hear good 3:30 clips of good music check out www.chemicalrecords.co.uk, there a quality store in england, do a browse in there trance section, theres TONS, all with good samples and some have 4 remixes for you to try out of each, you could also try tuning into www.di.fm using winamp and use a stream ripper to rip the music from them, they play good shit, if you have any questions about ANYTHING to do with trance, be sure to let me know, been in it for years.

SI-vic
11-02-2004, 01:01 AM
^^^ good post
i havent really downloaded a "new" trance in ages.
All the trance I dl is YEARS old and I only listen to them when I day dream.
di is an excellent site to listen to old school trance....

Support Phonics!
Without them, im screwed.

little_wan
11-02-2004, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by SI-vic
^^^ good post
i havent really downloaded a "new" trance in ages.
All the trance I dl is YEARS old and I only listen to them when I day dream.
di is an excellent site to listen to old school trance....

Support Phonics!
Without them, im screwed.

I agree, Phonics needs to make some more money so they can expand...or get air conditioning, but they still manage to get a decent selection of trance

DannyO
11-02-2004, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by little_wan

I agree, Phonics needs to make some more money so they can expand...or get air conditioning, but they still manage to get a decent selection of trance

I agree to that, they need more, they get some good trance but alot has already been heard, theres not enough new and untouched trance there, they do have some, but just not enough to do some good crate diggin, thats why I order from oversees, plus they need to get there prices down abit, 16 bux a vinyl adds up FAST.

FiveFreshFish
11-02-2004, 02:58 AM
Lots of free downloads here:

http://music.globalbeatz.net/electronic-music-mp3

SI-vic
11-02-2004, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by DannyO

I agree to that, they need more, they get some good trance but alot has already been heard, theres not enough new and untouched trance there, they do have some, but just not enough to do some good crate diggin, thats why I order from oversees, plus they need to get there prices down abit, 16 bux a vinyl adds up FAST.

where do you buy from and how much does it all cost per vinyl after said and done?
i always thought buying vinyl overseas is around $20/vinyl too (after customs, duties, shipping, and all those other fees added on)
thats why I never bothered to buy online

64SON
11-02-2004, 09:23 AM
mIRC is the way to go
learn it and you never use another program again :burnout:

DannyO
11-02-2004, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by SI-vic

where do you buy from and how much does it all cost per vinyl after said and done?
i always thought buying vinyl overseas is around $20/vinyl too (after customs, duties, shipping, and all those other fees added on)
thats why I never bothered to buy online

I do buy from Phonics now and then, there on average is 16 bux per vinyl, some are cheaper around 12, and then you get the crates on the floor which have stuff for about 5 bux sometimes, Chemical Records where I order from is ALOT cheaper if you buy in bulk, but there having troubles with the canadian customs as 2 of 3 of there warehouses have closed down so the 3rd has been slammed with extra work, but CR sell some brand new releases for around 5 bux sometimes, the most expensive is about 12 bux, and shipping is cheap, but make sure you buy in bulk so the shipping will actually work out cheaper than buying 5 at a time, the delivery is FAST aswell (when Customs was ok), they can deliver your order to pretty much any city in the world within 7 days, most DJs in the USA get there orders in like 4 days, I been waiting on one order for close to 6 months, but I've given up and asked for a refund which there gonna do, I hope customs get there shit sorted as I need to buy alot of new vinyl and vinyl that I can't get here.

64SON
11-02-2004, 10:10 AM
if you just want to listen go to http://www.di.fm

little_wan
11-02-2004, 10:30 AM
I usually order off dancerecords.com, just cause they can have it at my house in a week. It comes out to about 15 bucks a record. But if i'm looking for the new release stuff i go to the UK sites, and i can usually find some nice classics at Phonics

rodi style
11-02-2004, 11:42 AM
I don't really spin trance (unless its with status wan) but for my records I order 99.9% of my stuff online.

Bangingtunes.com
not very fast, nice website and nice system, used to order with them alot but now have kinda slowed that down.

Eukrecords.com
my fav, I get records in roughly 8-9 days. They get promo's in faster and I get a discount with them.

Viciouscircle.net
ordered once with them, got my records in about 20 days. Which isn't very fast but they get alot of new stuff in right after its pressed so there's alot of upfront material.

Chemicalrecords.co.uk
i don't order off them anymore, but for the time that I did, they were a good site to order from.

juno.co.uk
crappy looking site, large database and good for finding trance.

I do buy a little bit of trance from Phonics once in awhile because they do get some goodies. I don't buy it often though (or trance for that matter since I don't play it often) but Phonics has and will always have my full support.

Ben

shane
11-02-2004, 01:44 PM
sweet thanks guys

Def_3
11-02-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by little_wan

Come to "Impact" November 20th at maxbell arena for a wicked night of trance and hard trance!
http://www.impact-2004.com

:werd: :werd: Guyver is SICK live

also check out www.bangintunes.com updated daily with BRAND NEW releases, you can demo it and it will give you an idea of artists and tracks you like, then you can search,

I have had the best luck with SHAREAZA, great search engine, I get a full album in about 10 minutes on shaw xtreme

shane
11-02-2004, 02:38 PM
ok thanks guys if you know of any good artists let me know
all of the artists in the second thread are pimp
thanks

DannyO
11-02-2004, 02:45 PM
You could try by searching for tracks made by DJs in the top 100 DJ list, its a start.

The DJ MAG Top 100 list
100 – Mark Farina
99 – Ronald Van Gelderen
98 – Andy Farley
97 – Darude
96 – Marco Bailey
95 – Lisa Pin-Up
94 – Zinc
93 – DJ Shadow
92 – BT
91 – Rank 1
90 – Proteus
89 – James Lavelle
88 – Nic Fanciulli
87 – Seb Fontaine
86 – Remy
85 – Chris Fortier
84 – Armand Van Helden
83 – Ronski Speed
82 – Derrick Carter
81 – Casmic Gate
80 – DJ Vibe
79 – Anne Savage
78 – Dave Pearce
77 – Benjamin Bates
76 – Miss Kittin
75 – BK
74 – The Tidy Boys
73 – Felix Da Housecat
72 – Aphrodite
71 – Flash Brothers
70 – Junior Jack
69 – Kai Tracid
68 – DJ Hercio
67 – 2ManyDJs
66 – Victor Calderone
65 – Michel De Hey
64 – Max Graham
63 – DJ Rush
62 – M.I.K.E (PUSH)
61 – DJ Luna
60 – Slacker
59 – Matt Hardwick
58 – Fergie
57 – Dave Seaman
56 – Lee Burridge
55 – UMEK
54 – David Morales
53 – Plump DJs
52 – John OO Flemming
51 – Fatboy Slim
50 – Adam Bayer
49 – Mistress Barbara
48 – Satoshi Tomiie
47 – Jeff Mills
46 – Pete Tong
45 – Laurent Garnier
44 – Richie Hawtin
43 – Nick Warren
42 – Marco Carola
41 – Gabriel and Dresden
40 – Danny Tenaglia
39 – Above and Beyond
38 – Blank and Jones
37 – Dave Clarke
36 – James Holden
35 – Bad Boy Bill
34 – Sven Vath
33 – Yoji Biomehanika
32 – Markus Schultz
31 – Adam Freeland
30 – Lisa Lashes
29 – Lady Dana
28 – Johan Gielen
27 – Mauro Picotto
26 – Andy C
25 – Eddie Halliwell
24 – DJ Dan
23 – Chris Liebing
22 – Erick Morillo
21 – Steve Lawler
20 – Danny Howells
19 – Taul Pall
18 – Benni Benassi
17 – Roger Sanchez
16 – Marco V
15 – James Zabeila
14 – Judge Jules
13 – ATB
12 – Sander Klienenberg
11 – Carl Cox
10 – Deep Dish
9 – Paul Oakenfold
8 – John Digweed
7 – Christopher Lawrence
6 – Hernan Cattaneo
5 – Ferry Corsten
4 – Sasha
3 – Armin Van Buuren
2 – Paul Van Dyk
1 - Tiesto

I don't agree with the order, there are some DJs there that should be higher, but this list if more based on popularity than skills, anyway, you can find good shit looking for some of these names.

shane
11-02-2004, 03:05 PM
wow~! thanks DannyO!
thats awsome

thanks for the help guys:clap:

Street_Soldier
11-02-2004, 03:08 PM
That list sucks my favorite DJ is not even on it.

Its very biased towards Trance DJ's. It also includes alot of shitty DJs and missing alot of wicked ones. But whatever there will never be a list that everyone will agree with. But i guess those are the most popular ones.

cboyspimp
11-02-2004, 04:42 PM
matt hardwick.. smith and pledger, paul van dyke.. dj dean./. tiesto.. limewire has allot fo good stuff sometimes its hard to find sources for them

Def_3
11-02-2004, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Street_Soldier

Its very biased towards Trance DJ's. It also includes alot of shitty DJs and missing alot of wicked ones. But whatever there will never be a list that everyone will agree with. But i guess those are the most popular ones.

:werd:

BK should be #1

anyways anyone here going to BEnny Benassi on the 7th at whiskey??????should be a sick show!!! Satisfaction tour!!!

DannyO
11-02-2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Street_Soldier

So true, like I said, thats more of a popularity list than quality DJ list, but oh well, who cares whos number 1 or number 5, if they play good music really well, thats all that matters.

Whos your favourite DJ anyway?

teamPRO
11-03-2004, 11:35 PM
its all about digitally imported. that place is the shit.

kzn
11-05-2004, 11:28 AM
i saw som sites:

www.puroeuro.com
www.eurorepublik.com
www.euroadrenaline.com