PDA

View Full Version : If We Took It To The Track

hockeybronx
11-03-2004, 03:13 PM
Hey Playa...

Okay this might be obvious to some people, but I just wanted to see what you guys think.

Who would win? Not on the streets (street racing is for chumps), but on the track.

1994 Ford Probe - 215,000 kms
- no mods
- not sure what model but I know it has a stock V6 engine in it.

vs.

1999.5 Volkswagen Jetta - 90,000 kms
- bolt on mods (intake, exhaust, synthetic oil)
- the base 2.0 L inline 4 cylinder engine.

Let me know

theken
11-03-2004, 03:16 PM
neither

civicrider
11-03-2004, 03:18 PM
probe

QuasarCav
11-03-2004, 03:18 PM
Hey playa,

How did you bolt on oil?

I'd put my money on the probe, It's a liitle sportier than the jetta and the jetta engine is short about 50hp.

hockeybronx
11-03-2004, 03:19 PM
Hey Playa...

Originally posted by theken
neither

^example of useless response

Originally posted by civicrider
probe

^example of useful response

:rolleyes:

legendboy
11-03-2004, 03:23 PM
that is one race i wouldn't want to miss! :rofl:

Weapon_R
11-03-2004, 03:23 PM
Hey Playa...

Take your cars to the track and find out!

theken
11-03-2004, 03:30 PM
1993 Ford Probe GT 15.8
1999 Volkswagen Jetta 17.6
sea level
my guess the probe

civicrider
11-03-2004, 03:36 PM
haha sorry in advance for going off topic but weapon_r your sig is great:rofl:

maximus
11-03-2004, 04:02 PM
Sorry man, most likely the probe.

The 2.0L are pretty much for people that want the VW badge. Shouldn't be racing anything.

hockeybronx
11-03-2004, 04:17 PM
Hey Playa...

Okay thanks guys for the responses. How do I know if I don't ask right?

GTS Jeff
11-03-2004, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by hockeybronx
Hey Playa...

Who would win?

you both lose. thats right. u both lose $20 on a worthless endeavor. kinda like when moses "lost" the 10 commandments. haha get it? he "lost" it. hhahaha. moses.

Hey Playa...

How do I know if I don't ask right?

Originally posted by Weapon_R
Hey Playa...

Take your cars to the track and find out!

anyway, i got a joke for yall. what did the apostles say to jesus?

...hey playa!

benyl
11-03-2004, 04:45 PM
Hey Playa...

WTF is a "Playa?"

on topic: The probe would rape your ass... kinda like an anal probe.

RiceCake
11-03-2004, 04:47 PM
Hey playa...

The probe would kill ya...

civicrider
11-03-2004, 04:48 PM
i wounder who said the jetta would win.....:thumbsdow

ryder_23
11-03-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by benyl
Hey Playa...

WTF is a "Playa?"

on topic: The probe would rape your ass... kinda like an anal probe.

Def of "Playa" (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=playa&r=f)

this might help you benyl.

sputnik
11-03-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by legendboy
that is one race i wouldn't want to miss! :rofl:

How could you miss it? It would be the longest quarter mile all night.

hockeybronx
11-03-2004, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by civicrider
i wounder who said the jetta would win.....:thumbsdow

Hey Playa...

I was one of the votes for my Jetta, thought I'd give myself the benefit of the doubt.

The five others were either done as a joke, or done by people who are too ashamed to show their faces...:rofl:

finboy
11-03-2004, 07:07 PM
why bother racing? enjoy your car for what it is good at, getting good gas milage

hockeybronx
11-03-2004, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by finboy
why bother racing? enjoy your car for what it is good at, getting good gas milage

Hey Playa...

You are right.

I don't ever race my car, I have never and will never take it to the track... I need it to last me too long for me to start bagging the engine.

The gas mileage is excellent, depending on how I've been shifting I've been able to get between 750 and 800 km's (city) on a 55 litre tank.

A friend of mine has just bought a Probe and we were just comparing our cars... at this stage of my life I wouldn't trade mine for anything.

maximus
11-03-2004, 08:31 PM

Hey Playa...

You are right.

I don't ever race my car, I have never and will never take it to the track... I need it to last me too long for me to start bagging the engine.

Weren't you the one that was posting a while ago about street racing your 2.0 jetta against cadillacs and 'raping' other V6's?? We had to burst your bubble about your super car's potential. Never bag the engine eh?? :rofl:

-playa h8ter

GTS Jeff
11-03-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by maximus

Weren't you the one that was posting a while ago about street racing your 2.0 jetta against cadillacs and 'raping' other V6's?? We had to burst your bubble about your super car's potential. Never bag the engine eh?? :rofl:

-playa h8ter ouch owned

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32610&

PGTze
11-03-2004, 08:49 PM

-playa h8ter

BURN! :rofl:

EK 2.0
11-03-2004, 11:56 PM
Hey Playa...

Okay this might be obvious to some people, but I just wanted to see what you guys think.

Who would win? Not on the streets (street racing is for chumps), but on the track.

1994 Ford Probe - 215,000 kms
- no mods
- not sure what model but I know it has a stock V6 engine in it.

vs.

1999.5 Volkswagen Jetta - 90,000 kms
- bolt on mods (intake, exhaust, synthetic oil)
- the base 2.0 L inline 4 cylinder engine.

Let me know

if you took it to the track...you would not be asking us the question

Zephyr
11-04-2004, 12:14 AM
synthetic oil is considered a mod? lol

Strider
11-04-2004, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Zephyr

stop hatin on tha playa... synthetic oil = mad hp

AllGoNoShow
11-04-2004, 12:26 AM
no not a mod, a bolt on ;)

hockeybronx
11-04-2004, 01:06 AM
Hey Playa...

-playa h8ter

It was off a traffic light and up to the speed limit (70 km/h). I still maintain that I have never bagged the engine, then again it only really matters to me.

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
ouch owned

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32610&

Beyonds ever faithful archive producer.

Originally posted by CycloneAWD
if you took it to the track...you would not be asking us the question

I forgot that every single one of your posts was 100% useful and absolutely neccessary to state.

Originally posted by Zephyr

I was listing the changes I made to my car that had anything to do with the movement of my vehicle. Synthetic oil gives a whopping 0 hp gain, but I believe it is better for your engine by providing reduced engine wear and better protection.

Originally posted by AllGoNoShow
no not a mod, a bolt on ;)

I don't really know you, but I now know that you wrote the book on proper references and word usage. Just for you I will be sure to articulate every syllable and adjunct that I use in my posts.

EK 2.0
11-04-2004, 01:09 AM
^^...no, no...only 75% useful...but 100% legit...

playa...

hockeybronx
11-04-2004, 01:10 AM
Hey Playa...

Oh yeah...
From now on before posting I will also submit each post to at least three University level (or equivalent) professors that have been in their positions for at least 5 years after compiling and approving a minimum of two references from each professor.

These professors will not only evaluate the grammatical structure and substance of my words but also the validity, historical relevance, future significance, and universal compatibility of each post as a whole.

In passing such intensive conditions my dream is that every post I make will be pleasing and agreeable to every person who sits in front of a computer screen and pokes a pitbull with a stick with their keyboards. I will go on record to say I will not give up or quit until such a dream is fulfilled :zzz:

dieselpower91
11-04-2004, 01:35 AM
Hey Playa...

It was off a traffic light and up to the speed limit (70 km/h). I still maintain that I have never bagged the engine, then again it only really matters to me.

Beyonds ever faithful archive producer.

I forgot that every single one of your posts was 100% useful and absolutely neccessary to state.

I was listing the changes I made to my car that had anything to do with the movement of my vehicle. Synthetic oil gives a whopping 0 hp gain, but I believe it is better for your engine by providing reduced engine wear and better protection.

I don't really know you, but I now know that you wrote the book on proper references and word usage. Just for you I will be sure to articulate every syllable and adjunct that I use in my posts.

At least they don't put "hey playa" at the beginning of every post!!! I think everyone who puts "hey playa" on a post should be banned! Unless of course they are trying to be cool like you.:D

ZorroAMG
11-04-2004, 07:02 AM
Don't hate the Playa, hate the hockeybronx who overuses the term.

2.0L Jettas are t3h SLOW, even with the bolt on Oil. I had one.

finboy
11-04-2004, 10:17 AM
Hey Playa...

Oh yeah...
From now on before posting I will also submit each post to at least three University level (or equivalent) professors that have been in their positions for at least 5 years after compiling and approving a minimum of two references from each professor.

These professors will not only evaluate the grammatical structure and substance of my words but also the validity, historical relevance, future significance, and universal compatibility of each post as a whole.

In passing such intensive conditions my dream is that every post I make will be pleasing and agreeable to every person who sits in front of a computer screen and pokes a pitbull with a stick with their keyboards. I will go on record to say I will not give up or quit until such a dream is fulfilled :zzz:

i think a university prof would slap you as soon as he saw "Hey Playa..."

statick
11-04-2004, 01:03 PM
^:rofl:

iceburns288
11-04-2004, 01:09 PM
Probe... no
Jetta... no
kid in electric wheelchair... my money's on him

Phats
11-04-2004, 01:32 PM
look bronx, you brought all this crap on yourself when you started pushing god and ridiculing other peoples threads, and over usage of the word playa, you're not even black, although we know you love eminem, and he is your idol, kind of odd for such a jesus boy. Anyway, at lease quit with the playa thing and you may get people to stop ridiculing you for a while anyway.
oh, and just so I don't get bashed for not posting something relevant to this thread, the probe would win, but in the end, your both losers

civicluva
11-04-2004, 02:16 PM
they would probably both run like 18s. i mean what is this? ghetto racing?

GTS Jeff
11-04-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Phats
look bronx, you brought all this crap on yourself when you started pushing god and ridiculing other peoples threads, and over usage of the word playa, you're not even black, although we know you love eminem, and he is your idol, kind of odd for such a jesus boy. Anyway, at lease quit with the playa thing and you may get people to stop ridiculing you for a while anyway.
oh, and just so I don't get bashed for not posting something relevant to this thread, the probe would win, but in the end, your both losers

CanadianR
11-04-2004, 03:11 PM
Hey Playa...

^example of useless response

^example of useful response

:rolleyes:

If We Took It To The Track

EXAMPLE OF USELESS THREAD!

why don't you actually go to the track and find out for yourselves? No one can say for sure who will win. One or both cars may be down on power, one or both may have a shitty driver or excellent driver. There's too many variables to consider. Besides what is someone's answer going to do, give you bragging rights?

GT2NV
11-04-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by civicluva
they would probably both run like 18s. i mean what is this? ghetto racing?
probes with just intake and exaust run high 15s to low 16s in calgary/edmonton depending on driver... nothing to really brag about but yea...:dunno: