PDA

View Full Version : I went test driving cars and here's what I found, plz help me find an SRT-4

BumpinTalon
11-04-2004, 03:52 PM
The RSX really does suck and the Saturn Ion Redline is a sweet car.
Service at Saturn was amazing -- this is the best experience I have ever had at any dealership ever. The car looks alright, I guess, don't like the headlights but this car is bloody practical. Gigantic trunk, spacious interior, the dash is alright, the center gauges are a nice touch, the sunroof is huge which is sweet, the stereo is pretty good (stock MP3 player), the seats are Recaros and hugged my ass like there was no tomorrow, the steering is brilliant, the handling is awesome and the ride is still decent, and this thing has some serious balls. The clutch was nice and even, the shifter was a good length and snappy, and the motor - doesn't sound like much but the exhaust is nice and this thing goes. I really love this car -- all for just a touch over $30,000 and 0 down 0% is available.
Service at Acura sucked, the salesman tried to sell me the car without letting me drive it, he didn't talk about options, he was offering cars instead of asking what I wanted to get, wasn't very helpful for comparison... the car is slow, feels heavy, and is nowhere near as much fun as the Talon, Ion, or even my buddy's stock 1992 Civic. It just isn't for me. I don't like it, especially at the sort of money they want for one.
Cole's Notes: The Redline is an amazing car at a great price, and the RSX is a below-average car that felt like a Ford Taurus at a ridiculous price. Saturn Crowfoot's service is amazing, the Acura guy needs to get his head out of his ass.
I still need to find an SRT-4 to test drive. If anyone knows where there is one left in Calgary, please let me know.

1badPT
11-04-2004, 04:00 PM
Service at Saturn has always been top-notch, they deserve props for that. Try phoning the Chrysler dealerships to find out which one has an SRT-4 available for test drive - though I've heard its hard to get one since they have sold off most of the '04s.

One thing I like about the SRT-4 over the Ion is the rear seats are more comfortable to get in and out of, but the Ion if I'm not mistaken has power rear windows available. The Ion is speed with practicality mixed in. The SRT-4 is spacious but a little plain on the inside. But it has way more power than it should - which is a good thing :D

JCX
11-04-2004, 04:56 PM
Courtesy Chrysler has about 6 SRT-4s a couple weeks ago. There were 4 04's and 2 05's. :devil:

QuasarCav
11-04-2004, 04:57 PM
When all said and done how much are they?

JCX
11-04-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by 1badPT

One thing I like about the SRT-4 over the Ion is the rear seats are more comfortable to get in and out of, but the Ion if I'm not mistaken has power rear windows available. The Ion is speed with practicality mixed in. The SRT-4 is spacious but a little plain on the inside. But it has way more power than it should - which is a good thing :D

Does the Ion Redline even have roll down back windows?

I sincerely have never understood the lack of power rears being a big deal. How often are people even back there? I admit it's kinda odd though. :tongue:

JCX
11-04-2004, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
When all said and done how much are they?

Base = $27380 for 2005
Destination = $900
AC excise =$100

Side air bags =$500 (you don't get the Viper style seats with this option)
Kicker audio = $975
Sunroof = $795

That's it for options.

bspot
11-04-2004, 05:08 PM
Did you test drive the blue Redline? If so I took that baby for a rip last weekend. The sales guy said he'd drive it first for a bit and he was insane.. took it up to 120 in the trailer park, then did a panic stop :eek:

Then he turned it over to me, and I agree with everything you said. If you really like it, but not the styling, maybe consider the Cobalt SS (as by reading my thread you know I have :) )

Cobalt has a cheaper base price and a few more features.

The cobalt has a 10" sub, the wing isn't extra, 18" wheels, boost guage, engine shroud and heated leather seats (although those recaro's were REALLY REALLY nice, and I think they are being offered on cobalts eventually with an LSD as a performance package)

RSX.04
11-04-2004, 08:23 PM
Look for an '04...the '05's only have 3 year warranty compared to the 7 year in the '04s.

That's what I heard while I was looking for them and made a post about it on here. I ended up picking up an RSX-S. I like it.

88CRX
11-04-2004, 08:28 PM
:rolleyes: now you can hate on rsx's all you want... .cause you drove one :thumbsup:

BigMass
11-04-2004, 08:30 PM
If i were looking at a Redline, i would definately wait and check out the Cobalt when it comes out.

kanjus_paki
11-04-2004, 09:53 PM
the rsx is a completley different car then the others.....however i think its the case that honda/acura dont really "need" to sell their cars...i know this is what t&t does, and can be explained by their shitty service, cuz they kow ppl will buy them anywyas

BumpinTalon
11-04-2004, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by bspot
Did you test drive the blue Redline? If so I took that baby for a rip last weekend. The sales guy said he'd drive it first for a bit and he was insane.. took it up to 120 in the trailer park, then did a panic stop :eek:

Then he turned it over to me, and I agree with everything you said. If you really like it, but not the styling, maybe consider the Cobalt SS (as by reading my thread you know I have :) )

Cobalt has a cheaper base price and a few more features.

The cobalt has a 10" sub, the wing isn't extra, 18" wheels, boost guage, engine shroud and heated leather seats (although those recaro's were REALLY REALLY nice, and I think they are being offered on cobalts eventually with an LSD as a performance package)

I actually looked into it and while the Ion is amazing practical (and those front seats are absolutely astounding, like my god they are my favorite part of the car), I'm not a huge fan of the styling and I am definitely waiting for the Cobalt. I drove that blue one and didn't bag it too hard, except on the last stretch, and since I'm not that great at driving standard I shifted it nice and easy so I have no idea how fast I could get it to go in a straight line. Around corners it was a menace, though.
I'm going to test drive a Cobalt and see how that goes. I love the way they look and a leather interior would be a nice bonus. And this motor dyno'd at 197 horsepower at the wheels and there is a lot of easy power to be made here, since they limit boost in the top end and the rev limiter is too low (according to SCC anyway)

Originally posted by 88CRX
:rolleyes: now you can hate on rsx's all you want... .cause you drove one :thumbsup:
To be honest, I didn't think it would be quite like it was. I was hoping for at least handling that was as good as the Talon, but the RSX felt like it weighed 1,000 pounds more... and straight line speed was a little slower then my already-slow ESi.
:barf:

If an SRT-4 is less money then the Redline, I am definitely going to check it out even though the styling is godawful and they are a Neon.

88CRX
11-04-2004, 10:22 PM
you obviously didnt drive the s model

max_boost
11-04-2004, 10:50 PM
It's weird how he was just talking about how shitty the RSX is but he actually went down to look at the car and was considering buying one?!:dunno: :nut: :rofl:

88CRX
11-04-2004, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
It's weird how he was just talking about how shitty the RSX is but he actually went down to look at the car and was considering buying one?!:dunno: :nut: :rofl:

exactly what i was getting at...... if he knew they were so shitty before why would he even waste his biasted time to go down and test drive one.

:thumbsdow

BumpinTalon
11-04-2004, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX

exactly what i was getting at...... if he knew they were so shitty before why would he even waste his biasted time to go down and test drive one.

:thumbsdow

i was bored, and that is basically the entire reason i went around test driving all these cars. now that I've driven one - I can ream on them even harder. and it was an S, but I'm not sure if it was my perception or what but it was still a slow car. like a mid-16s slow. my car would run door-to-door with it from a roll. off the line, yeah the RSX would beat me.

cookbob
11-05-2004, 12:02 AM
maybe the type-s just seemed slow compared to a supercharged car with a lot more tq.

Seanith
11-05-2004, 12:51 AM
I read a review on the ION Redline in Car and Driver I believe, and they pretty much said that car was a POS and the only good thing about it was its awesome seats.

Weapon_R
11-05-2004, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by BumpinTalon

i was bored, and that is basically the entire reason i went around test driving all these cars. now that I've driven one - I can ream on them even harder. and it was an S, but I'm not sure if it was my perception or what but it was still a slow car. like a mid-16s slow. my car would run door-to-door with it from a roll. off the line, yeah the RSX would beat me.

Wow, stop while ur ahead.

The RSX-S would blow your car out of the water. I don't see the point in reaming on it unless your facts are straight...

ancient
11-05-2004, 01:16 AM
Yea the rsx-s is a mean car, with just i/h/e and a little tuning, easily hit high 13s

JCX
11-05-2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by ancient
Yea the rsx-s is a mean car, with just i/h/e and a little tuning, easily hit high 13s

So you'll spend another $3-$4 thousand (taxes, installed) on header, intake, exhaust, ECU and drag radials to MAYBE get into the high 13's. I don't see a you hitting high 13's in Calgary either. For comparison sake, by far the fastest RSX at SCC in Edmonton was 14.3 (on drag radials).

I don't hate the RSX, but it's not a "mean car" by any measure if you end up with a $38-$39K car that might run high 13's at sea level on DRs.

Not to mention if you wanna go any faster you either open the motor, strip the interior, spray it or buy a turbo.

brandon
11-05-2004, 10:43 AM

You said it yourself in your previous post that you dont know how to drive standard good, Well with the vtec engine when you want to go fast quickly you dont shift at 3500rpm's man you shift alot higher then that. Learn how to drive standard first before test driving cars (honestly it will make your decision much better)

Aleks
11-05-2004, 10:55 AM
I think everyone's getting used to factory FI cars. the srt-4 imprezas now the cobalt ss and the redline. One car came out and now the manufacturers are comming out with a lot more! IT's great news for everyone. I don't think type S should be compared to the FI cars. I think what honda should do is put out a factory FI version of the base RSX motor to compete with SRT-4, WRX Cobalt etc etc...

BumpinTalon
11-05-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Aleks
I think everyone's getting used to factory FI cars. the srt-4 imprezas now the cobalt ss and the redline. One car came out and now the manufacturers are comming out with a lot more! IT's great news for everyone. I don't think type S should be compared to the FI cars. I think what honda should do is put out a factory FI version of the base RSX motor to compete with SRT-4, WRX Cobalt etc etc...

we might see car like that at about the same time pigs fly. The RSX sucked balls. End of story. No matter what gear I was in, if I gave it gas, it didn't suck me back in the seat like the Redline did, and it cost more money.

QuasarCav
11-05-2004, 11:06 AM
That is the torque that puts you back in the seat. I think the RSX-s is putting out about 142 compared with the 200+ in the factory FI cars. It's a different setup, dont bash on a car that isn't in the same league as a FI car. Maybe the same config (2dr FF sport compact) but the blower/turbo makes a big difference.

BumpinTalon
11-05-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
That is the torque that puts you back in the seat. I think the RSX-s is putting out about 142 compared with the 200+ in the factory FI cars. It's a different setup, dont bash on a car that isn't in the same league as a FI car. Maybe the same config (2dr FF sport compact) but the blower/turbo makes a big difference.

I'm bashing on a car that was slower the Redline for $4,000 more, when supposedly they are both practical, sporty front wheel drives. The Redline is a quad-door, too, and it was still faster, although I did like the RSX's steering more then Redline's, and turn in was a bit better but steady cornering wasn't as good, maybe because I was out of the powerband.

If anyone else's RSX Type S is magically better then the one I test drove, please take me for a ride.

bspot
11-05-2004, 11:31 AM
^ :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Why don't people see the problem with a slow car that is over priced?

"Its the vtec man.. you don't know how to use the vtec"

"It must not have been a type S"

"Its not forced induction"

The RSX is a sport compact, and it shouldn't be getting wasted by things that are thousands less. Slap a $25K price tag on an RSX type S and you have yourself a great car.

ZorroAMG
11-05-2004, 11:53 AM
I've driven a buddy's RSX-S and have also driven the slow ESI and there is NO comparison. None. Don't BS the RSX just to back up your weak, uninformed OPINION on a car you previously never drove, because we can all see through it. Fuck my slow 300E works your ESI from a roll :rofl: :rofl:

Now play nice.

Z_Fan
11-05-2004, 12:22 PM
13's with light mods on an RSX-S? :rolleyes:

:rofl:

For that to happen, the RSX-S would have to be FASTER than a 350z (stock vs. stock) - which just isn't even starting to be true.

I doubt a stock RSX-S could even break in to the 14's in Calgary. More likely 15's, and high 15's at that.

SRT-4 is faster.

peter.pan
11-05-2004, 12:40 PM
hey, if you decide to go for the Chrysler, let me know and I'll try to get you the best price I can. My lady works at Renfrew. Just a thought, the SRT-4 looks a bit better, I like the power, but to each is own. RSX-s is awesome as well, lots of performance parts and the overall quality will be higher hands down. Unless you base your shopping on just ### it's tough.

Good luck with your shopping, See ya

syeve
11-05-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Z_Fan
13's with light mods on an RSX-S? :rolleyes:

For that to happen, the RSX-S would have to be FASTER than a 350z (stock vs. stock) - which just isn't even starting to be true.

I doubt a stock RSX-S could even break in to the 14's in Calgary. More likely 15's, and high 15's at that.

SRT-4 is faster.

I dont like to get into these lame ass discussions, BUT, a stock RSX-S in Calgary ran a 15.3 and and RSX-S with I/H ran a 14.7. Like I have said before, if you are looking for speed and speed only, the RSX is not for you. If you guys are so concerned with drag times why the shit would you want a FF anyways?

BumpinTalon
11-05-2004, 02:10 PM
an RSX-S ran 15.3? are you sure? when I was at the track base RSXs were running high 18s. How is the S so much faster? How do I tell an S and a regular RSX apart? The salesman just gave me keys and said "that's the one let's go." If an S will realy run 15.3 then no way I was driving an S. This car had the tall spoiler but looked like any other RSX I've ever seen.

syeve
11-05-2004, 02:18 PM
The easiest was is to check from the outside is the wheels...dark wheels are the type-s...Did you drive a 6 speed?

shadowz
11-05-2004, 02:26 PM
Type S is quick, with a good driver and intake should easily be high 14s

QuasarCav
11-05-2004, 02:26 PM
High 18's?

My 89 Auto 2.0 TBI Cavalier can do mid 17's

A Z24 3.1 is good for about 16.5, RSX-S beats that car anyday.

BumpinTalon
11-05-2004, 02:29 PM
Type S is a 6 speed? god damn I'm pretty sure it was only a 5 speed but I didn't get on the highway so I never got out of 4th. It had a tall wing and the regular silver wheels. Salesman said it was a S, though, but he misquoted so many figures I don't think he knew what was going on. Is the RSX-S really that quick?

Aleks
11-05-2004, 02:34 PM
you drove a base rsx then, or a premium version. type-s have dark gunmetal wheels

BumpinTalon
11-05-2004, 02:35 PM
well don't I look like an ass? I'm going to go drive an S this afternoon.

Weapon_R
11-05-2004, 03:12 PM
well don't I look like an ass? I'm going to go drive an S this afternoon.

Check it out and tell us what you think. A base RSX has about 160hp and its pretty heavy - there is no real excitment there.

syeve
11-05-2004, 03:13 PM
Well, its not a big deal...the SRT-4 is faster, not sure about the Saturn. Sounds to me like you are looking for a fast car above all else, if this is true, I wouldn't even bother driving the type-S, granted it does have 40 more HP than the base, 6-speed and a much better tranmission.

One thing you should also remember while driving an NA car vs a FI car is that the NA car will have a much more linear power band. The tourque you feel in an SRT-4/WRX is in some ways misleading to how fast you are actually going. I have raced my friends WRX countless times and everytime we are within bumpers of each other depending on who jumped first. If I were to drive the WRX alone I would say it is faster then my RSX just because of its tourque and ability haul ass at 2500rpm. Anyways, enough rambling. You get the point.

BumpinTalon
11-05-2004, 04:04 PM
I'd really have to swallow my pride to drive an RSX every day. I want a car that is easy to make really fast and for some reason it seems like tuning the RSX for serious speed is hard because of no oil return line or something? so putting a turbo on an RSX is a complicated proposition.

cookbob
11-05-2004, 04:19 PM
even a base model rsx would beat your talon esi anyday. i can beat talon esi's and i have over 30 hp and 30 lbs/ft less then the basemodel rsx.

max_boost
11-05-2004, 04:22 PM
Type S is a 6 speed? god damn I'm pretty sure it was only a 5 speed but I didn't get on the highway so I never got out of 4th. It had a tall wing and the regular silver wheels. Salesman said it was a S, though, but he misquoted so many figures I don't think he knew what was going on. Is the RSX-S really that quick? WEll the Type S would have the 'S' badge on the rear for starters......:D

Anyhow, RSX-S with a race header, intake, exhaust can put down close to 200whp. I think that would make for a great daily driver, light bolt ons, real gains, low maintenance. In your case, just get the SRT-4 since ultimately that is the type of car you are looking for.

GoChris
11-05-2004, 05:06 PM
Ya since the srt4 puts down 235whp stock. so the more expensive rsx with having to buy, header, intake, exhaust to get less power for more money, just get the srt4 man.
i think am going to do the same this month, if I can get it cheap enough.

BumpinTalon
11-05-2004, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
WEll the Type S would have the 'S' badge on the rear for starters......:D

Anyhow, RSX-S with a race header, intake, exhaust can put down close to 200whp. I think that would make for a great daily driver, light bolt ons, real gains, low maintenance. In your case, just get the SRT-4 since ultimately that is the type of car you are looking for.

ugly and it's a Neon. although it makes huge power for cheap, I would like to stay away from a goggley-eyed bubble car like it. And I thought the Type S just had a tall spoiler and front lip.

Originally posted by cookbob
even a base model rsx would beat your talon esi anyday. i can beat talon esi's and i have over 30 hp and 30 lbs/ft less then the basemodel rsx.

Yeah, sure, whatever you say chief. I do know one thing is for sure - it is faster then the RSX I drove, and my car had an edge on the RSX in corners and it would definitely outcorner your mom's Civic.

Originally posted by rlde.us
Ya since the srt4 puts down 235whp stock. so the more expensive rsx with having to buy, header, intake, exhaust to get less power for more money, just get the srt4 man.

I've read these things dyno closer to 250 stock... on my other forum some guy says his dyno'd 251whp with no mods.

1badPT
11-05-2004, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by syeve
One thing you should also remember while driving an NA car vs a FI car is that the NA car will have a much more linear power band.

There is a lot of things that affect a power profile of a car. The funny thing here is what you say is true, but its not true for these two cars.

The RSX engine is your typical honda engine with a short stroke. That means a nice high redline - unfortunately the peak torque is produced right before redline, and when you do get to the sweet spot, its still over 100 ft.lbs of torque less than the SRT engine.

The SRT-4 engine has a small turbo that spools instantly, much longer stroke and the peak torque is produced starting from around 2500 and is available right up to just over 5000 RPM. So not only do you have a lot more torque, you're producing the maximum torque over a wider RPM range.

If you were to look at the torque curve of an RSX, it resembles an upside down v. The SRT-4's torque curve is nearly flat over the whole powerband.

syeve
11-05-2004, 06:48 PM
^^ yah you are right, I guess I didnt exactly write clearly. The tourque on an RSX is basically a non-issue, it maxes at about 7000rpm (not sure) so thats why you get that very gradual climb in power throughout the RPM range. My point was simply that my friends WRX "feels" a lot faster than my RSX, but in actual fact they are almost identical.

syeve
11-05-2004, 06:53 PM

Thats a very narrow view of cars, if you are concerned with speed only, why dont you get a Mustang GT. Its FR and meant for straight line speed. You never know, you might do more in a car than race it on Deerfoor one day.
The last car I bought and modified for speed alone and it got tiring as a daily driver. Just make sure you want a car that is designed for speed alone when buying a car you will have to drive everyday.

BumpinTalon
11-05-2004, 07:06 PM
^^ yah you are right, I guess I didnt exactly write clearly. The tourque on an RSX is basically a non-issue, it maxes at about 7000rpm (not sure) so thats why you get that very gradual climb in power throughout the RPM range. My point was simply that my friends WRX "feels" a lot faster than my RSX, but in actual fact they are almost identical.

a big reason you might run even with the WRX is because the RSX's powerband is almost 2000rpm longer (I don't know what a WRX redlines at but it must be less then 7,000).

pr0
11-05-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by cookbob

:rolleyes: okay buddy, if you define racing beating me for the first few seconds.

not to mention our cars handle like a real sports car. http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/images/smilies//cool.gif

GoChris
11-05-2004, 07:54 PM

I've read these things dyno closer to 250 stock... on my other forum some guy says his dyno'd 251whp with no mods.

im no expert, so I guess its possible. But i have seen quite a few posts on srt forums and most come in around 235-240 hp and near the 260tq stock. stage 1 seems to give a bit more tq but same hp levels pretty much. thats just what ive read, im not saying 251 isnt possible, good for him if thats true, thats pretty decent.

BumpinTalon
11-05-2004, 10:19 PM

im no expert, so I guess its possible. But i have seen quite a few posts on srt forums and most come in around 235-240 hp and near the 260tq stock. stage 1 seems to give a bit more tq but same hp levels pretty much. thats just what ive read, im not saying 251 isnt possible, good for him if thats true, thats pretty decent.

I'll find the dyno sheet if I still can. Any car with factory-provided aftermarket parts is :bigpimp:

GoChris
11-05-2004, 10:42 PM

I'll find the dyno sheet if I still can. Any car with factory-provided aftermarket parts is :bigpimp:

oh yes no doubt, i read in a magazine 20% of srt4 owners have purchased the stage 1 upgrade

Jeevin
11-06-2004, 05:04 PM

An RSX cant run (stock) identical to a WRX

WRX 0-60 is about 5.1 seconds

RSX is 6.8 seconds

Unless im missing some mods you've done... :rolleyes:

2004 Acura RSX Type S 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi

Heres the comparison...
http://www.auto123.com/en/new/compare/compare.spy?CLS=Passenger&LNG=en&ID2=1012130&ID1=1012812

Aleks
11-06-2004, 05:50 PM
If you want to drive an SRT-4 go to the Automall. They have 6 all together. I just went and drove one. Nice car, quick, the power delivery is nice and linear. This is probably the reason why I was a little disappointed as I espected it to be more fun, as in i wanted to feel the boost kick in instead of it being delivered smoothly. :burnout:

lam-boy
11-07-2004, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Jeevin

RSX is 6.8 seconds

Heres the comparison...
http://www.auto123.com/en/new/compare/compare.spy?CLS=Passenger&LNG=en&ID2=1012130&ID1=1012812

thats a WRX STi mang! diffrent from a regular Impreza WRX

Seanith
11-07-2004, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by lam-boy

thats a WRX STi mang! diffrent from a regular Impreza WRX

Yeah great comparison :clap: :rolleyes:

A price difference of only $15595 :rofl:

Jeevin
11-07-2004, 04:29 PM
my bad

:banghead:

who cares if STi is more expensive

compare it with a SRT-4 and its no joke ;)

adrianracer
11-11-2004, 10:03 PM
If you want to drive an SRT-4 go to the Automall. They have 6 all together. I just went and drove one. Nice car, quick, the power delivery is nice and linear. This is probably the reason why I was a little disappointed as I espected it to be more fun, as in i wanted to feel the boost kick in instead of it being delivered smoothly. :burnout:

Oh boy, get a grip man, so the 250 ft lb of torque at 2,600 rpm was too smooth for you? Maybe you were too scared to put your foot down all the way? I suggest you keep driving your torquey Honda! :guns:

adrianracer
11-11-2004, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Jeevin

RSX is 6.8 seconds

Heres the comparison...
Regular WRX 0-60 = 6.5 sec. according to Auto 123

Aleks
11-11-2004, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by adrianracer

Oh boy, get a grip man, so the 250 ft lb of torque at 2,600 rpm was too smooth for you? Maybe you were too scared to put your foot down all the way? I suggest you keep driving your torquey Honda! :guns:

I did put my foot all the way down! From 3 different traffic lites. The car is fast not denying that. It's just that the boost is delivered so smoothy that it's deceiving. But to me it didn't feel too much faster than my "Honda". Why do you get so upset when I just posted my opinion regarding my test drive. :thumbsup:

RSX.04
11-12-2004, 03:53 AM
I have an '04 Type S...I love it. Quick...and with mods I'm sure it will be alot quicker. I raced black94gt's buddy in his new Celica GTS w/ mods and beat it and my car is stock. Wasn't a really good race, but I won never the less.

I was looking at the SRT-4's but they cheaply made interiors turned me away. The exterior doesn't look bad, but I'm not outside the car when I drive it. I'm inside, and if the interior isn't to my liking, what's the point of me buying it?

I'm going to put the basic i/h/e on my RSX-S in the spring, and then get it dyno'ed. I'll for sure post the numbers, but if I'm not at 200whp, I'm slapping on the Hondata.

adrianracer
11-12-2004, 08:47 AM

I did put my foot all the way down! From 3 different traffic lites. The car is fast not denying that. It's just that the boost is delivered so smoothy that it's deceiving. But to me it didn't feel too much faster than my "Honda". Why do you get so upset when I just posted my opinion regarding my test drive. :thumbsup:

I am not upset, it just amazes me how you can be so out of touch with the machine you are interacting with. I guess you should just keep driving slow cars as you don't appreciate a fast one?

Aleks
11-12-2004, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by adrianracer

I am not upset, it just amazes me how you can be so out of touch with the machine you are interacting with. I guess you should just keep driving slow cars as you don't appreciate a fast one?

I never said I didn't appreciate it. I said it was quick, just not what I'm used to in terms of boost delivery. You really shouldn't just assume how slow or quick peoples cars are though... I'm up for a run if you want. Im not saying my car is the fastest car out there but by no means it's slow.

ZorroAMG
11-12-2004, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by pn3dRSX.04
I have an '04 Type S...I love it. Quick...and with mods I'm sure it will be alot quicker. I raced black94gt's buddy in his new Celica GTS w/ mods and beat it and my car is stock. Wasn't a really good race, but I won never the less.

I was looking at the SRT-4's but they cheaply made interiors turned me away. The exterior doesn't look bad, but I'm not outside the car when I drive it. I'm inside, and if the interior isn't to my liking, what's the point of me buying it?

I'm going to put the basic i/h/e on my RSX-S in the spring, and then get it dyno'ed. I'll for sure post the numbers, but if I'm not at 200whp, I'm slapping on the Hondata.

BUT I STILL DON'T KNOW WHY THE COPS HARASS ME ALL THE TIME, GIVE ME TICKETS AND MAKE ME WHINE ON BEYOND.CA!!!!1!!1!!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: