PDA

View Full Version : Scam Going Around Everyone Be Careful

shakalaka
11-05-2004, 01:32 AM
Well, guys I dont know if this has been posted before or not. But here it is. This is like a top scam going around all through out the world internationally. I also could have been scammed, but I was bit more careful in my approach. I thought it will be useful to post it here on beyond as lots of Calgarians and some other people come here. Who knows might save someone some money. Here is how they scam people.

Name of the Company(SCAM)
Elgordo Loteria Primitiva Santa Lucia Security Company
They send you a letter, stating you have won a lottery. received a letter from this company indicating that I had won an amount of $615,810.00 Euros in a lottery I knew nothing about. My winning "ticket number" was 025-11-464-992-750 with "serial number" 2113-05. The "lucky numbers" were 13-15-16-21-34-36.

The company claims that I was one of seventeen winners of a total lottery amount of $10,468,770.00 (all of whom share the amount). It asks me NOT to make my winnings public until my "claim" has been processed (an obvious clue that something is fishy). It also leaves a Claim Agents name: Farnando Marcobe and number for you to call to confirm your winnings and gives you a deadline of November 30, 2004. Along with the notice of winning, there is a form to fill out which includes information on your bank account (again, another fishy request).

This company is attempting to fraud innocent people. They ask that you pay several thousands in "insurance and taxes" prior to receiving your "lump sum winnings". Guess what? You will never see any winnings and they will make off with the supposed "insurance and tax" money you gave them. This is a complete sham and is 100% illegal.

Well, Some of the things in the letter made me suspicious like, there was no return address. It didnt say any of our names anywhere in the letter. Another part which made me double thing about this was, the way said not to talk about this letter to other people as there will be a leak of "lottery" information. That made me search around the internet for it and guess what I came up with. A site full of these kinds of scams. People posted the same thing. HELL, even the lottery number, lucky number and name of agent was same in some cases. Well, my only motive posting this here is so that if anyone else have had this letter, dont be fooled by it. Its nothing but a SCAM!!! I hope these people get fucked for what they are doing and pay the fucking consequences.
Hope this will help some of the people from getting scammed by these assholes!!!:guns: :guns: :guns:

kenny
11-05-2004, 01:34 AM
Anyone who falls for it, deserves it IMO. I call it a stupidity tax.

shakalaka
11-05-2004, 01:35 AM
O yea, just to that prove that I am not bullshitting, here is the link I found while searching on the net.

http://ripoffreport.com/results.asp?q1=ALL&q2=&q3=&q4=&q5=Elgordo+Loteria+Primitiva&q6=&q7=&SearchType=0&DateRange=6&hasPhoto=&Entry=1

Full of same kinda thing. Lots of people have gotten this letter, so just be careful.

shakalaka
11-05-2004, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by kenny

Well, If I was you. I would say the same thing. But I got the letter so I know. Its not easy to tell. It just looks something totally legit. They send another form on which they tell you to fill your bank account number, i mean they cant take any money out from your bank account number. Also, they say that you will be charged 10% fees by the bank who has been holding your winning amounts for you, but you only gotta pay after you recieve your money. So, its really not easy to tell that its a scam or anything like that.

ALI BABA
11-05-2004, 06:26 AM
i got one about 3 months ago and never bothered. i knew it was :bullshit: so i chucked it out

toyboy88
11-05-2004, 08:51 AM
same here i got on elike 2months ago and just emptied trash :thumbsup:

shakalaka
11-05-2004, 09:42 AM
Actually the thing is that a real company does exist which only deals in lotteries. So people who know about the comapny might actually try to get their prize or whatever. But on their website it says beaware of fake letters and stuff, so i guess people are scamming using their name.

ZorroAMG
11-05-2004, 01:10 PM
Shit, so we're NOT gonna get any of teh MILLIONS?????????

jdmsource
11-05-2004, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Shit, so we're NOT gonna get any of teh MILLIONS????????? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

shakalaka
11-05-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Shit, so we're NOT gonna get any of teh MILLIONS?????????

Man if you lucky enough you will get the letter, then if you do just call those people and follow what they say. Might get lucky.

kenny
11-05-2004, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka

Well, If I was you. I would say the same thing. But I got the letter so I know. Its not easy to tell. It just looks something totally legit. They send another form on which they tell you to fill your bank account number, i mean they cant take any money out from your bank account number. Also, they say that you will be charged 10% fees by the bank who has been holding your winning amounts for you, but you only gotta pay after you recieve your money. So, its really not easy to tell that its a scam or anything like that.

I still stand by my previous statement. How can something look legit when the person that receives the letter knows NOTHING about the lottery it is referring to? Secondly why would they not contact you through a phone number and instead write a letter? LOL. If its for a lottery like lotto 6/49 they don't even contact you because they don't know the winners. If its for a lottery like the Stars Lottery, you provide them with your phone number.

This scam ONLY targets greedy people that DESERVE to be scammed.

Singel
11-05-2004, 06:41 PM

I still stand by my previous statement. How can something look legit when the person that receives the letter knows NOTHING about the lottery it is referring to? Secondly why would they not contact you through a phone number and instead write a letter? LOL. If its for a lottery like lotto 6/49 they don't even contact you because they don't know the winners. If its for a lottery like the Stars Lottery, you provide them with your phone number.

This scam ONLY targets greedy people that DESERVE to be scammed.

:werd: ^squared