PDA

View Full Version : Workout Meals

Mckenzie
11-06-2004, 11:26 AM
I think all of the people into lifting weights/working out should list some of the meals that they eat through out the day.

I am sure everyone has a few favorites that they make time and time again. I wouldn't mind adding a few new things to my eating plan. Try and keep the meals simple...most of us dont have the time to make elaborate healthy meals.

So here it goes:

1- Morning Protein Shake (5min)

1/4 cup of frozen mixed berries
2 TBSP of Vanilla Yogurt
1/4-1/2 cup of milk (or water if you want)
2 Scoops of Whey protein (or whatever you desire)

Mix in blender: This is the perfect amount for one tall glass...~ 12oz or 355ml.

~40-50 grams of protien depending on amount put in

2- Tuna Melt (After workout) (~8min)

Turn on oven: Broil

Full can of Tuna mixed with 1 teaspoon of mayo, some pepper and chopped green onion.

Sliced Cheddar Cheese

Lightly toast in the toaster 2 peices of bread

Put tuna on toast and cover with some cheese....place in oven and cook until the cheese melts (or the smoke detector goes off...make sure you watch it cause it will)

~20-30 grams of protein depending on type of tuna, plus cheese etc.

3- Jugo Juice Classic Protein or any other smoothy with protein added ($1 extra).

Classic protein= 44g whey protein, but not very filling

Other smoothies= more carbs, and 44g whey protein....pretty filling

4- Other fast food

Subway turkey
Pita Pit Chicken Breast
Edo

5-Western Omellete (~15 min)

Green Peppers, Red Peppers, Green Onions, Sliced Ham, 3 Eggs. Dash of milk.

Turns out to be more of a scrambled omellete because it gets heavy...still good though.

So other please post your meals.

:thumbsup:

Chim
11-06-2004, 05:10 PM
Here's my bulking diet, so far its gotten me from 130ish to 167 lbs.

#1. 5 mins to make, 25 mins to consume :barf:
1 cup oats
1 banana
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp peanut butter
1 cup milk
1 scoop whey

#2. During class
2 cup milk

#3. During class
1 apple

#4. Post workout
1 cup whey

#5. Depends whether I'm home or at school for lunch
Large kobe beef at school or equal size pasta/beef/veggie at home

#6. 5 minutes
Peanut butter sandwich

#7. 15 minutes
1 cup raisin bran
1 cup milk
2 whole eggs
Small yogurt thing
Handful of peanuts
Can of tuna if not workout day

#8. 30 mins
Dinner at home, usually rice + meat + veggies + fruit

#9. 5 mins
1 cup cottage cheese
2 cup milk

Ahh, the joys of gaining weight :clap:

Jynx
11-06-2004, 06:00 PM
any diet plans for trying 2 loose wieght?

Mckenzie
11-08-2004, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Jynx
any diet plans for trying 2 loose wieght?

There is not really any big secret to losing weight.

Combine regular excercise (3x/week) with healthy eating and you will see results.

For your eating, try to spread out your meals throughout the day. eat 5 or 6 small meals rather than 3 square meals. Your body cannot metabolize a huge meal and most of it gets stored as fat when you stuff your face.

Limit sugar and fat intake in foods that you know are unhealthy like fast food, candy, pop, chips, sauces, etc.

Drunk lots of water throughout the day rather than juice pop or coffee.

Try to eat protein with every meal and try to limit your carb intake....BUT dont go on a no carb high protein diet. Try and go with High protein high fibre diet instead, choosing healthy carbs (whole grain stuff).

Hmm....other than that, simply less intake and more output will help you lose weight.

Good luck.

hockeybronx
11-09-2004, 12:13 AM
Hey Playa...

Monday wing nights are a favorite of mine for some wholesome protein.

Just as long as I can get enough fruits and vegetables in to balance it all out:drool:

BloodBaneZXY
11-09-2004, 08:13 AM
urghh, I'm still feeling the effects of one too many kilkenny wings last night..

Anyways, nice bulking diet chim, however a large portion of your protein is coming from milk..which does have a reasonably high fat content (unless you're drinking skim) so just be careful, may catch ya off guard and your ass may get super large :P (unless you have a super high-meto, which it seems you do previously being at 130 pnds, so I'll shut my face now)

sputnik
11-09-2004, 09:14 AM
Wings have WAY too much fat to be considered a good source of protien. Unless you plan on just bulking up around the waistline.

davidI
11-09-2004, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
Wings have WAY too much fat to be considered a good source of protien. Unless you plan on just bulking up around the waistline.

Us ectos don't care :D

hockeybronx
11-09-2004, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by davidI

Us ectos don't care :D

Hey Playa...

Wicka Wicka :werd:

As long as you follow the wing binge up with a solid workout, everything is going to be alright!

awd
11-09-2004, 02:55 PM
People go a little crazy on protein intake -- your body will only use so much protein and then "store" the rest. ;)

** as I eat a can of tuna after polishing off my protein whey shake this morning **

Chim
11-09-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by BloodBaneZXY
urghh, I'm still feeling the effects of one too many kilkenny wings last night..

Anyways, nice bulking diet chim, however a large portion of your protein is coming from milk..which does have a reasonably high fat content (unless you're drinking skim) so just be careful, may catch ya off guard and your ass may get super large :P (unless you have a super high-meto, which it seems you do previously being at 130 pnds, so I'll shut my face now)

Yeah I know milk isn't the best source of good protein, I drink 1% or fat-free skim milk. Usually for dinner we have some really good protein foods, like salmon or chicken. Also, for lunch I have a healthy serving of chicken or beef.

Since this is a routine-type thread, maybe you guys can post some workout routines too. Mine needs some serious work!

@lchy
11-12-2004, 02:08 AM
Im assumin you want to get bigger, so for me, I did about 3 months of total boy, pretty standard workouts about 3 times a week. In about an hour id do three sets of ten working all major muscle groups. I noticed good results but when I decided I just wanted to get bigger I changed the routine to isolate things more. For example on mondays I do chest/triceps (complimentary in most excercises) where I'll do 4 sets of 8 in flat bench, incline bench, flat flies, incline flies, then skull crushers, tricep presses on the pulley machine and tricep dips. I mix up the order and usually do a lap or two around the track as an active rest so that I can keep my muscles from tiring to quick, and have enough left in the target groups to actually finish the workout. Thats what works for me, i may get bashed for doin cardio while trying to bulk up a bit, but a low level 15 minute ending helps flush lactic acids which add to the 'sore' feeling in the following days, and the routine in general is showin me good results so far!