PDA

View Full Version : Hair Gel

AznDragon2004
11-07-2004, 12:56 AM
What hair gel is everyone using?? I'm looking to purchase a better hair gel for stronger hold.

lude_grl
11-07-2004, 01:00 AM
ice spiker

when i had short hair
it was the gel of champions :D

be warned
(its pretty much glue)

Ajay
11-07-2004, 01:02 AM
Dippity Do!!!

The one in the blue bottle is the one I use...don't even need gel cause my hair is so short but it's for the shine.

kenny
11-07-2004, 01:18 AM
With Ice Spiker you could swim and your hair would still be fine lol

wildrice
11-07-2004, 01:24 AM
yea, dippity do
number 9

all those names for them are so funny

sport
extreme hold
ultra extreme hold
etc.

Weapon_R
11-07-2004, 01:26 AM
American Crew Firm

Kamen
11-07-2004, 01:37 AM
When I have short hair I use Gatsby Hard Keep Type Wax.
I've never tried anything else after...heh

Skyline_Addict
11-07-2004, 02:01 AM
I have longer hair, so anything that is too hard and solid is a no-no. I use that L'Oreal stuff (architect wax?), Putty and some mousse.

YCB
11-07-2004, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by lude_grl
ice spiker

when i had short hair
it was the gel of champions :D

be warned
(its pretty much glue)

werd

ice spiker is the best.. dont' get the cheap stuff... with ice spiker all u gotta use is about a peanut size amount.. lasts for a long time

t-im
11-07-2004, 03:05 AM
i use this rusk stuff...

shakalaka
11-07-2004, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict
I have longer hair, so anything that is too hard and solid is a no-no. I use that L'Oreal stuff (architect wax?), Putty and some mousse.
yea, me too i have kinda longer hair. Not too long, but longer than average. What kinda gel you using? I still need to find a good one. The use Joico Ice, i think thats the name, it makes them pretty hard. But i make bangs so i dont think anything else would be useful either. got any suggestions on the gel?

three.eighteen.
11-07-2004, 05:18 AM
ice spiker and a couple drops of water

ninspeed
11-07-2004, 06:04 AM
fructis? (sp?) comes in a neon green bottle... but i dont use much any more.. .cuas gord is gone.... god bless

aquamarine
11-07-2004, 09:37 AM
I use Yoshizawa Gerou, best damn stuff on the planet. Beats out anything I have EVER used back home.

Stratus_Power
11-07-2004, 09:51 AM
i heard dippity do has some shit in it thats rreally bad for your hair?! but this was like .. 4 years ago. Im using Gastby *sp?!* i got from HK

badseed
11-07-2004, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
American Crew Firm

Natural Born Pimp:bigpimp:

I use this aswell, it doesn't flake when it drys, and hair can re-styled with water in the even it gets bunged up during the day.

eb0i
11-07-2004, 12:39 PM
I like AG, but am using KMS right now.

air_mikey
11-07-2004, 12:57 PM
ever since i started to use quantum, i dont use anything else.

Toms-SC
11-07-2004, 01:00 PM
I never use gel, you may want to dry different products such as a pomade or wax. I suggest the American Crew stuff.

EK 2.0
11-07-2004, 01:20 PM
Ice Spiker now for the Faux Hawk...

but for the soft messy touchable look..

I used to use Sebastian's Xtra Hold Mud...

GTS Jeff
11-07-2004, 01:46 PM
D:Fi D:struct

i cant stand gel cuz of the crunchiness and same with ice spiker....

Kobe
11-07-2004, 01:48 PM
where can i buy some ice spiker, hehe how much am i looking 2 spend :eek:

^SkylinE^
11-07-2004, 01:54 PM
Got2b guled
spiking glue
#4: screaming hold
This stuff is like ice spike but not so strong its perfect! its like 6-7$ comes in a yellow tube! love it and i have tried alot of gels
:thumbsup:

BebeAphrodite
11-07-2004, 02:03 PM
Matrix -- for shine and hold
-it's red colored

lude_grl
11-07-2004, 02:23 PM
the spiker stuff is about 8-9 bucks
go to a less known salon
because they usually have it on sale
green apple in sunridge
has like all the nice stuff for cheaper
its pretty swell
hahahaha

toyboy88
11-07-2004, 05:15 PM
if u wanna spend over 10 bucks = ice spiker SUPER HOLD!

if u wanna spend under 5 bucks = Down and under naturals gel it's 2.99 and the best hold ive ever used other than ice spiker. get the ultimate hold bottle

3G
11-07-2004, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by lude_grl
the spiker stuff is about 8-9 bucks
go to a less known salon
because they usually have it on sale
green apple in sunridge
has like all the nice stuff for cheaper
its pretty swell
hahahaha

That be my cuzns shop!

Phats
11-07-2004, 05:25 PM
I heard that dippity do isn't good because it has alchohol in it so it's bad for your scalp, but I use a wax, similar to american crew but cheaper, can't remember what it's called.

xDiMSuMx
11-07-2004, 05:28 PM
Fructis Surf Hair

rahim
11-07-2004, 05:31 PM
I got long hair so i use texture twist, not really a gel tho

403Gemini
11-07-2004, 06:06 PM
i use this stuff called Quantum. Crazy tough to find, but makes your hair hard enough to kill somebody with a headbutt ;)

Carfanman
11-07-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by ^SkylinE^
Got2b guled
spiking glue
#4: screaming hold
This stuff is like ice spike but not so strong its perfect! its like 6-7$ comes in a yellow tube! love it and i have tried alot of gels

I used that. Now I use Got2b glued rubber spiking cement. Pretty awesome.

Originally posted by 403Gemini
i use this stuff called Quantum. Crazy tough to find, but makes your hair hard enough to kill somebody with a headbutt ;)

Sounds like something I could use, where did you get it. LOL I even tried ebay just to see and all I got was fishing stuff.

izzoblitzo
11-07-2004, 06:39 PM
Quantum, L'anza Mega Gel, KMS, and Joico Ice are all pretty good firm Gel's that dont really flake. Anything overused can flake. Just know when to stop!

They all run around $8-13bucks.

For the messy look without the crazy shine and crunch, I'd suggest going for the KMS molding paste, Tigi Bed Head Manipulator or Sebastian Twisted Taffy (but be prepared spend more) than your typical gel.

aumm.. Spiker is on special in most places right now.. I believe $11.95. This could vary too, but its from what I've seen. Its CRAZY hold.. water resistant. Another styling glue is made by Paul Mitchell, under it's LAB products.

:D

But for most people starting out using professional products, Paul Mitchell and AG are nice to start off with. Easy to get, and no fuss to confuse you with.

cboyspimp
11-07-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by air_mikey
ever since i started to use quantum, i dont use anything else.
that is good shit.. i use it.. as well as TIGI hardhead.. that stuff is also money!

three.eighteen.
11-07-2004, 09:00 PM
ive never managed to buy the large tube of spiker for less than 14 dollars

Gazoo
11-07-2004, 09:07 PM
Wow what a hilarious thread. I'm in my mid 30's and I didn't think I'd ever see the day. Whatever happened to guys just needing the 4s's?

Come on........ be men for crissake!!!!:rofl:

AznDragon2004
11-07-2004, 09:14 PM
Has anyone tried Garnier Fructis Gel??? Where can find ice spiker??? Is it available at walmart?

cityhunter2501
11-07-2004, 10:51 PM
click to see the product
http://www3.telus.net/cityhunter2501/uhm/gel_th.jpg (http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jhtml?CATID=100649&id=prod879262)

lam-boy
11-07-2004, 11:06 PM
I use salonselective molding putty
it smells good too :D

ZorroAMG
11-07-2004, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
American Crew Firm

:werd:

Originally posted by badseed

Natural Born Pimp:bigpimp:

I use this aswell, it doesn't flake when it drys, and hair can re-styled with water in the even it gets bunged up during the day.

:werd: x2

Good quality gell, no flakes, smells decent and not ridiculously expensive

Skyline_Addict
11-08-2004, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by shakalaka

yea, me too i have kinda longer hair. Not too long, but longer than average. What kinda gel you using? I still need to find a good one. The use Joico Ice, i think thats the name, it makes them pretty hard. But i make bangs so i dont think anything else would be useful either. got any suggestions on the gel?

L'Oreal Radical gel works great. it doesn't harden but holds really well (looks super natural and can hold and contro longer hair). if you want more hold, just add a dime size of mousse to the gel and you're set. never use anything that hardens your hair (or gives off a hardened look) if you have longer hair. you don't want to go around looking like your hair is a helmet.
what i usually do is i add architect wax for shine, then mix some mousse and gel mentioned above (about a loonie size), rub it together and spread it out evenly through the hair, then style it.
lol. my oh my.

lam-boy
11-08-2004, 12:59 AM
Terence, how long does it take you to get ready man? haha.:tongue:

Gondi Stylez
11-08-2004, 01:00 AM
Bed Head (Manipulator)

and L'Oreal Out of Bed

Also, when the hair gets long, Dippity Doo!
:bigpimp:

Skyline_Addict
11-08-2004, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by lam-boy
Terence, how long does it take you to get ready man? haha.:tongue:

10 minutes...

+1 hour ;)
that doesn't include the facial mask, upper body massage and manicure i have every morning LOL. :rofl:

nismodrifter
11-08-2004, 01:06 AM
man I dunno how some of you guys can stand to have so much shit in your hair. I used to use gel....then switched to mousse....and now for the past 3 years or so I've been going without anything at all except for when I go to parties/formal shit just to look a lil bit "fresher".

natural stylez pwnz joo

shakalaka
11-08-2004, 01:13 AM

L'Oreal Radical gel works great. it doesn't harden but holds really well (looks super natural and can hold and contro longer hair). if you want more hold, just add a dime size of mousse to the gel and you're set. never use anything that hardens your hair (or gives off a hardened look) if you have longer hair. you don't want to go around looking like your hair is a helmet.
what i usually do is i add architect wax for shine, then mix some mousse and gel mentioned above (about a loonie size), rub it together and spread it out evenly through the hair, then style it.
lol. my oh my.

Sweet L'Oreal Radical plus lil bit of mousse?? Where can i get that loreal stuff? and whats that architect wax? Where can i find that? Cool man thanks. Yea sometimes i use the hard gel, makes it look like a freakin helmet on the head.

EK 2.0
11-08-2004, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by nismodrifter
man I dunno how some of you guys can stand to have so much shit in your hair. I used to use gel....then switched to mousse....and now for the past 3 years or so I've been going without anything at all except for when I go to parties/formal shit just to look a lil bit "fresher".

natural stylez pwnz joo

I wash my hair daily...and condition everyday with a leave-in...and every other day with a conventional massage in conditioner...and I have 3 words for my hair...

Glo-Ri-Ous...:D

lam-boy
11-08-2004, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by nismodrifter

natural stylez pwnz joo

haha, Nav doesn't wash..thats probably why!
haha got the movie d/l'd yet?!

nismodrifter
11-08-2004, 01:26 AM
you bitches making fun of my personal hygiene? I'll have you know that I shower twice a day.....with both your moms.....at the same time :poosie:

and no..I gave up on the video...nobody wants to let me finish 0.9%....deleted that shit

A_3
11-08-2004, 01:44 AM
Bed Head Wax, takes a little getting used to but works amazing, it doesn't make your hair all hard like gel, it stays soft and holds! :thumbsup:

ALI BABA
11-08-2004, 02:39 AM
American crew

logix
11-08-2004, 02:57 AM
A|G waxx gloss pomade

Skyline_Addict
11-08-2004, 04:37 AM

Sweet L'Oreal Radical plus lil bit of mousse?? Where can i get that loreal stuff? and whats that architect wax? Where can i find that? Cool man thanks. Yea sometimes i use the hard gel, makes it look like a freakin helmet on the head.

you can get l'oreal radical gel at superstore, I think. most supermarkets should have them. l'oreal is a popular product so someone will have it. the architect wax is also by l'oreal. all it does is texturize your hair and make it smoother and shinier, it's not for styling :D. don't use the hard gel though, chicks dig it when they see a pretty boy's hair flowing gently through the wind (in slow motion). :bigpimp: :rofl: and after that they'll want to run their fingers through your hair; can't do that with a helmet on. :tongue:

sometimes i wish I had natural anime hair lol. anime hair is cool. :thumbsup:

shakalaka
11-08-2004, 12:07 PM

you can get l'oreal radical gel at superstore, I think. most supermarkets should have them. l'oreal is a popular product so someone will have it. the architect wax is also by l'oreal. all it does is texturize your hair and make it smoother and shinier, it's not for styling :D. don't use the hard gel though, chicks dig it when they see a pretty boy's hair flowing gently through the wind (in slow motion). :bigpimp: :rofl: and after that they'll want to run their fingers through your hair; can't do that with a helmet on. :tongue:

sometimes i wish I had natural anime hair lol. anime hair is cool. :thumbsup:

WORD UP MAN!!!
Agree with you there 100% . Seriously if a guy has long hair and wind is like flying it around, it looks sick. Chicks dig that stuff man. Fuck that i am going to the superstore right now. No more helmets from today. Well never really had the helmet, cauz i used the hair spray but still hard enough. anyways thanks a lot man. So that loreal stuff hold its right? cauz i like put my hair back with bangs. It will hold it right?

Skyline_Addict
11-08-2004, 05:59 PM

WORD UP MAN!!!
Agree with you there 100% . Seriously if a guy has long hair and wind is like flying it around, it looks sick. Chicks dig that stuff man. Fuck that i am going to the superstore right now. No more helmets from today. Well never really had the helmet, cauz i used the hair spray but still hard enough. anyways thanks a lot man. So that loreal stuff hold its right? cauz i like put my hair back with bangs. It will hold it right?

yeah it will hold.

The EquAzn
11-09-2004, 01:48 PM
out of bed head

sputnik
11-09-2004, 01:59 PM
I used to use the Got2B Glued stuff and it left a residue on my hair...

I now use the Aveda Control Paste... I am really just looking for a short and messy look. I dont need any AZN dragon ball Z spikes.

ugotahondaeh?
11-09-2004, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by cityhunter2501
click to see the product
http://www3.telus.net/cityhunter2501/uhm/gel_th.jpg (http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jhtml?CATID=100649&id=prod879262)

dude, that ain't hair gel! You're sick!!! :barf: :barf:

:rofl: :rofl: :angel:

Carfanman
11-09-2004, 02:37 PM
lol thats what i was thinking.

AznDragon2004
11-09-2004, 08:46 PM
Anyone want to recommend me a gel that has a strong hold and has a wet look to it when applied onto hair???

I've been looking at the Garnier Fructus Wet Shine hair gel but can't find it in stores.

lude_grl
11-09-2004, 11:19 PM
i have an almost full bottle of spiker from my short hair days

if anyone wants it
you can have it.
for 1$ obo.

cityhunter2501
11-09-2004, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by ugotahondaeh?

dude, that ain't hair gel! You're sick!!! :barf: :barf:

:rofl: :rofl: :angel:

:rofl: :rofl: :poosie: