PDA

View Full Version : Boost controller?

Scat
11-07-2004, 03:05 PM
I'm having troubles figuring out what this is. I think it is a Greddy Electronic Boost controller but I havn't been able to find anything else to compare it to. Can anyone confirm this or does anyone know the exact model name of it? It's a horrbile pic, that's why I can't identify it.
Thanks
Scott

kevdog
11-07-2004, 04:27 PM
whats the serial #?

Scat
11-07-2004, 04:55 PM
I don't physically have the device, all I have is the picture. So no i don't know the serial number. I was just hoping someone would be able to tell by looking at it.

Tuner1
11-07-2004, 05:00 PM
Looks like the troublesome old Profec A fuzzy-logic unit...or maybe my brain is fuzzy today :D

Rob

Scat
11-07-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by E36S50B32
Looks like the troublesome old Profec A fuzzy-logic unit...or maybe my brain is fuzzy today :D

Rob

What made it so troublesome?

kevdog
11-07-2004, 05:23 PM
It is a "fuzzy logic" GReddy PRofec-A boost controller, the claim is that they learn the characteristics of your turbo and thus build boost faster and hold it with greater stability than conventional controll methods. In reality, however controllers based on this technology tend only to work on fundamentally stable turbo systems. This means no boost creep nor fall-off and no sequential set ups. Any modifacations that affect performance will require the computer to relearn the boost curve. They dont always learn and sometimes require you to use its alternate learning procedure. This involves tweeking an impossibly small dial on the face of the unit with a screwdriver until the built in boost gauge maches up with an aftermarket unit

Scat
11-08-2004, 08:12 PM
Thanks for the info kevdog
Anyone know if a manual is available for it? I bought a car that hasn't yet arrived and I am just trying to get whatever information I can on the boost controller currently installed in it so that I will be able to use it properly when the car arrives.

h22aseller
11-11-2004, 09:24 PM
you can make any manual boost controller work with any mechanically (Vac/Boost) operated wastegate. if you want i could sell you mine. used for three days, then removed cause it was too tempting