PDA

View Full Version : really hard as fuck to start I need help

English_leather
11-07-2004, 05:09 PM
Hey, I went out to go start my car after it's been sitting for around 2 weeks or so. It was really hard! I know rx-7's are prone to flooding, so here's what I did: I switched the fuel to OFF, cranked it for about 2-3 seconds. I then switched it ON, cranked it. let it sit while I swore, then flipped the switch back to OFF, got it started, then quickly flipped it back on and let it run for about 30 minutes before I took it on the road. F'ing wierd, I need some help on this.

Primer_Drift
11-07-2004, 05:36 PM
Hard starting in Rx7s is generally related to compression difficulties, the rotor does not create ample compression until it reaches 250-350 rpm in a good running motor. A weak battery will make it really hard to start, this I know from experiencing a winter with my own Rx7. What I usually did was crank it over for 3s, and flip the switch while I was cranking it over.. this usually started it up the first try.

badseed
11-07-2004, 05:54 PM
^^ Use to have rx7 and I also used the same technique and waz succesful at first attempt starts consistently. Doesn't hurt to throw in a good battery.:thumbsup: