PDA

View Full Version : Temporary Insurance

kanjus_paki
11-07-2004, 05:52 PM
Anyone know how much insurance would cost with jus tlike one of those papers you see in the window? Just for 4 days...

Ill call the insurance company tomorrow but just wanted to get an idea if anyone had a similar experience, thanks.

Ichigo
11-07-2004, 08:53 PM
My insurance company didn't charge me anything.. Had it insured for 2-3 days..

Edit: This is with my existing insuranace company. They put it on full insurance.. and all I had to do was tell them to take it off when I wanted it canceled. They charged nothing because they didn't have to process any paperwork.. So I got my pink insurance thingy for free..

3G
11-07-2004, 09:40 PM
It's $175 for 3 days if ur under 25. They only sell it for 1 or 3 days.!

kanjus_paki
11-07-2004, 10:06 PM
its not me so its under my parents....so if theyve been with for a long time theyll probs do it for free then?

import_illusion
11-17-2004, 03:39 AM
so it's possible to get insurance on a car for just a few days?
keeping in mind that i dont' already and have had insurance.

a1jatt
11-17-2004, 01:40 PM
THere is somekind of law ,, if you sell your vehicle and buy another one you can drive your vehicle with old plates for about 15 days and beleive you new vehicle will have same coverage as old vehicle .. ..... *Disclaimer* :D i am not 100% sure you should comfirm this with your insurance company and registries before doing anyting like this

QuasarCav
11-17-2004, 01:45 PM
^^^^

Fourteen days and it has to be a new purchase, I almost got screwed but the officer was nice and didn't ticket me.

Zero102
11-17-2004, 03:20 PM
it's 14 days if you have all of your vehicles insured with the same company, they have to cover any vehicle you buy for 14 days, PLPD only.
The same 14 days for transferring the plates. If you drive it for these 14 days, make sure to keep your bill of sale, as if a cop runs your plate, they will notice it doesn't match the vehicle...

I checked this with my insurance company with the last 2 cars I bought, and both times they told me that those rules are law in alberta, and that every insurance company has to obey them.

However, if you are presently insured, and want to try this, make sure to check with your insurance company first, they don't all obey the laws.

Anyhoo, yep, an in-transit permit is what you're looking for. Your parents insurance company should be able to make one.

Now, what my insurance company has done for me on occasion, is binding the coverage, they will add a car to your policy for a day or two at no extra charge, PLPD only. Have done it a few times when I had to move my other (uninsured) car around to a different house/backyard.