PDA

View Full Version : JDM YELLOW Luminincs h4 bulbs.....

88CRX
11-07-2004, 09:59 PM
where can i get some of the new "jdm yellow" h4 luminincs bulbs?

not the ultra golden crap but the new jdm yellow brand?

88CRX
11-08-2004, 09:14 PM
someone local has to sell them :banghead:

88CRX
11-08-2004, 09:19 PM
these would be them....

http://www.luminicsbulbs.com/default.asp

shadow
11-08-2004, 09:58 PM
Just a warning yellows are ticketable. I dunno what the fine is though I do not think it is huge. It would look nice on show cars tho.

Also I do not know who sells em unfortunately.

88CRX
11-08-2004, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by shadow
Just a warning yellows are ticketable. I dunno what the fine is though I do not think it is huge. It would look nice on show cars tho.

Also I do not know who sells em unfortunately.

front can be white or amber i thought :dunno:

lam-boy
11-08-2004, 10:07 PM
I'm pretty sure you can have yellow fog lights.
not too sure about driving lights though.

NiteRider
11-09-2004, 01:18 AM
i have the piaa h3 yellow bulbs as fog light, and they are great!

FiveFreshFish
11-09-2004, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by lam-boy

Yep, Lexus has yellow fogs.

dj_honda
11-09-2004, 06:42 AM
acura legends and vigors have yellow daytime running lights i believe.

online is usually cheaper than local so just get them online from somewhere.

dkny_stylez
11-09-2004, 07:22 PM
why do they call it "JDM" yellow:dunno:

88CRX
11-09-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by dkny_stylez

cause its jdm rice... there yellow and that just happens to be what there called.

Seanith
11-09-2004, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by dkny_stylez
Probably because must jdm cars that have foglights have yellow bulbs/housings

KGB
11-09-2004, 09:01 PM
i drove my old car with yellow lights for over 3 years, and they were really yellow, nice looking, didnt have any problems with cops i also purchased them at Wal Mart , :nut: now i cant find them anymore.

JCX
11-10-2004, 12:13 PM
Driving with yellow foglights on = lose.

You look dumb and annoy other drivers. IMO colored lights are rice, no way around it.

GTS Jeff
11-10-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by JCX

You look dumb and annoy other drivers. IMO colored lights are rice, no way around it. yellow lighting affects your nightvision less, lights up wet roads better, and works better in foggy/rainy/snowy conditions, so whats so ricey and annoying about that?

R-Audi
11-10-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by JCX

You look dumb and annoy other drivers. IMO colored lights are rice, no way around it.

As Jeff said,
Yellow is actually one of the colors that helps your vision, this isnt some blue colored shit. There is a reason quite a few vehicles come equipped with yellow, because it works!
If I could only find the light color chart....

nismodrifter
11-10-2004, 12:31 PM
sigh.....I miss my Bosch days :( I am now going to go cry for a few hours since I miss this car so much :cry: :cry:

nismodrifter
11-10-2004, 12:36 PM
How can you NOT like yellow??
:drool:

lam-boy
11-10-2004, 01:30 PM
yeah man, yellow is great, I just wished my fogs we're yellow..

EK 2.0
11-10-2004, 01:43 PM
yeah man, yellow is great, I just wished my fogs we're yellow..

all ya need is some bulbs...playa...

lam-boy
11-10-2004, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD

all ya need is some bulbs...playa...

Hey Playa...

I hate you, Playa!:D

KGB
11-10-2004, 03:34 PM
Like GTS Jeff said they were really good in rainy snowy nights expecially in foggy conditions they just cut trough the fog,
Also back in europe almost all cars had yellow hedlights
i dont see how they are rice :dunno:

chris
11-11-2004, 12:46 PM
not too sure about driving lights though.
yeah I have yellow fog lights on my car. I don't see why you couldn't have yellow headlights.

88CRX
11-18-2004, 07:29 PM
in case anyone cares.... $30us

http://www.luminicsbulbs.com/

JCX
11-18-2004, 07:52 PM
You know what's funny. I know of no North American manufacturer that put yellow fogs on their cars. Wonder why? We get about as crappy of weather as anywhere.

I saw a really interesting interview with Jim Kenzie, noted auto journalist. You may not like him, but he's probably driven more cars in more conditions than all of us put together. He was talking about his own personal car (an older 3 series BMW) that he had taken the yellow fogs off. Why? Because, as he stated, in every possible weather condition they provided no help whatsoever. Further he went on to discuss how annoying it is to other drivers, particularly in the city. I completely agree.

If you wanna be JDM, then fine. But don't think you're doing yourself or anyone else a favor.

GTS Jeff
11-18-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by JCX
You know what's funny. I know of no North American manufacturer that put yellow fogs on their cars. Wonder why? We get about as crappy of weather as anywhere.

I saw a really interesting interview with Jim Kenzie, noted auto journalist. You may not like him, but he's probably driven more cars in more conditions than all of us put together. He was talking about his own personal car (an older 3 series BMW) that he had taken the yellow fogs off. Why? Because, as he stated, in every possible weather condition they provided no help whatsoever. Further he went on to discuss how annoying it is to other drivers, particularly in the city. I completely agree.

If you wanna be JDM, then fine. But don't think you're doing yourself or anyone else a favor. u should ask this "journalist" why all streetlamps use sodium hids to emit YELLOW light...haha.

88CRX
11-19-2004, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by JCX

If you wanna be JDM, then fine. But don't think you're doing yourself or anyone else a favor.

yellow = teh jdm coolness :rolleyes: