PDA

View Full Version : has anyone driven the xrs yet?

persianprideboy
11-07-2004, 10:11 PM
170 HP JEEEZZ ITS A COROLLA but than much horsepower stock and only 28000 i'd get one
and my friend says its got great handling

so tell me is it worth it to get and sup up?

7thgenvic
11-07-2004, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by persianprideboy
170 HP JEEEZZ ITS A COROLLA but than much horsepower stock and only 28000 i'd get one
and my friend says its got great handling

so tell me is it worth it to get and sup up?

for 28000, you can fet alot more power, ps, i personally don't think its a good looking car for that money
http://www.toyota.com/images/vehicles/corolla/gallery/exterior/photo_7.jpg

kanjus_paki
11-07-2004, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by 7thgenvic

for 28000, you can fet alot more power, ps, i personally don't think its a good looking car for that money
http://www.toyota.com/images/vehicles/corolla/gallery/exterior/photo_7.jpg

true, i dont really find it worth it, but that pic just looks like a CE, the XRS will prolly look a lot more like the S

M_Power
11-07-2004, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by 7thgenvic

:werd:
*cough* SRT4 *cough*

persianprideboy
11-07-2004, 10:27 PM
The all new XRS is in a league of its own. Equipped with a unique high-performance engine, transmission and suspension, this 6-speed manual cranks out 170 Horsepower and comes loaded with an all-star list of standard features that include 16-Inch Aluminum Alloy Wheels, Power Moonroof with Sunshade, Cruise Control, Air Conditioning, Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel and Shift Knob, Side Skirts, Rear Spoiler with LED, a unique Coloured Front Grille and more.

t-im
11-07-2004, 10:37 PM
ONLY 28g?

There are other cars you can get for 28g that are better then a Corolla...

Corolla = good 18-20g car

Rav4Guy
11-07-2004, 10:38 PM
mmm DODGE or TOYOTA.. hard choice there... NOT! I'd drive a toyota over a dodge any day.

Corollas have come a long way from before.. and offer many new standard features. Before you comment on the corolla XRS... go do a test drive.

statick
11-07-2004, 10:50 PM
u want summin liek that, go for a sentra se-r spec v.

Bonka
11-08-2004, 03:46 AM
127lbs-tq.

2lbs-tq increase over the base 130hp/125lbs-tq.

Pathetic.

A friend has the XRS. Nothing exciting under 4,500rpm.

dieselpower91
11-08-2004, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by Rav4Guy
mmm DODGE or TOYOTA.. hard choice there... NOT! I'd drive a toyota over a dodge any day.

Corollas have come a long way from before.. and offer many new standard features. Before you comment on the corolla XRS... go do a test drive.

A little biased? j/k

I'd take an SRT-4 over a XRS due to one factor.

FUN!

I'm sure the Corolla might run a mid 16 or so 1/4 mile.
Easy mods on an SRT-4 will net you 13's pretty easy I believe.. even in this high altitude. try getting 13's out of the XRS
:rofl:

But I agree with you, go drive one. then you'll know first hand!
(then go drive an SRT-4... tell me which on is more fun!)

Xtrema
11-08-2004, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by Bonka
127lbs-tq.

2lbs-tq increase over the base 130hp/125lbs-tq.

Pathetic.

A friend has the XRS. Nothing exciting under 4,500rpm.

End of disscussion there. Lacks of torque ownz XRS. It's not in a class of its own. It's in the bottom of the class as sport compact sedan goes. But a nice try by Toyota none of the less.

But I do see a lot of people pimping Corolla S, so the same people probably WILL pay $28K for the XRS.

GTS Jeff
11-08-2004, 08:36 AM
the pwoerband of that engine begins 200rpm before its redline. so its dumb, buy an srt4.

Akagi Redsuns
11-08-2004, 08:56 AM
2ZZ-GE in the Corolla XRS, 170HP, 127 lb-fts @4,400RPM
2ZZ-GE in the Celica GT-S, 180HP, 130 lb.ft. @ 6800 rpm

Base Engine, 1ZZ-FE in the Corolla is 130HP, 125 lb.ft @ 4200 rpm

The motor is very peaky, but it's similar to the VTEC systems found in most Hondas.

The switchover point is around 6K RPM, redline is 7,800RPM, fuel cut at around 8,300RPM. Narrow powerband to work with and seems out of place to have this engine in a car like the Corolla. A way better engine more suited to this car would be the Camry's 2AZ-FE 2.4-liter four-cylinder, a making 160 HP and 163 lb-fts. Its found it's way into the Scion Tc in the states. In either case it's underpowered to the cars like the SRT-4, Ion Redline, SVT Focus, Sentra SER-V-Spec...etc. The thing the Corolla has going for it is it's better interior, better percieved reliability and resale value.

TypeS
11-08-2004, 09:14 AM
^^^Initial D boy hit the nail right on the head man, toyota is a VERY respectable manufacturer but I wouldn't buy the XRS for power...that's not what it was built for...they just use the hp figure as a selling grab to people who sucker into anything the salesman says:thumbsdow

CryoCarnage
11-08-2004, 09:47 AM
id rather have a civic :thumbsup:

persianprideboy
11-08-2004, 12:33 PM
i think the xrs corolla is going to be the next generation suping up like the civic

QuasarCav
11-08-2004, 12:39 PM
i think the xrs corolla is going to be the next generation suping up like the civic

:thumbsdow

People soup up civics because they are cheap and parts a plentiful. Corollas will never have the following that a civic does.

Except for a AE86, that is a different story.

GTS Jeff
11-08-2004, 05:18 PM
i think the xrs corolla is going to be the next generation suping up like the civic u think wrong then

dam_guy
11-09-2004, 04:21 AM
i test drove one and i gotta say, even though you have like a 82K(?) redline, the lack of torque is very evident. the interior is boring and not something you'd pay 28,000 for. overall, the xrs is overpriced, very bland, and is definitely not the right step for toyota.

now, when will toyota bring the scion brand over to canada... i would love to test drive the tc

CKY
11-10-2004, 01:39 AM
The all new XRS is in a league of its own. Equipped with a unique high-performance engine, transmission and suspension, this 6-speed manual cranks out 170 Horsepower and comes loaded with an all-star list of standard features that include 16-Inch Aluminum Alloy Wheels, Power Moonroof with Sunshade, Cruise Control, Air Conditioning, Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel and Shift Knob, Side Skirts, Rear Spoiler with LED, a unique Coloured Front Grille and more.

you sound like a car salesman :rofl:

JCX
11-10-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Rav4Guy

On the same token, have you driven / owned and SRT-4?

I don't mind the idea of the XRS, it would be a neat car at about $25K maximum.

peter.pan
11-10-2004, 03:55 PM
a few months ago I was lookin for a new car and test drove a bunch, if you're not looking for something crazy in that price range why not get a bigger car like accord for example, nicer ride than sx or civics, great on gas and goes nice as well

the srt-4 will move nice as well, xrs with 6 speed sounds like fun in reality isn't all that, go for a ton of test drives before you get into anything, the hp on the paper sounds nice but in reality it's different,

if anyone wants a dodge, let me know my lady can get you a good deal, on new that is :burnout:

chris
11-11-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by statick
u want summin liek that, go for a sentra se-r spec v.
:werd: . 175hp, 180 ft/lb or something like that. Looks better than a corolla, i'd get the older one with the r34 front end, the new front end looks way crappier. Theres a lot you can get for 28000, thats better than a corolla, rsx for example

jaysas_63
11-11-2004, 06:56 PM
persian pride.....salaam alacum chetoreh, aga to ya persiana gede boody, harf nemizadeh ba ye corrola barenke hama persiana MB daran LOL jokes .....i doubt u'll be able to read that but its all good :thumbsup:

white gfx
12-02-2004, 11:01 PM
Corolla XRS is only $24,000 Cdn. (and not $28,000) according to the toyota.ca website.

I'll go test drive one tomorrow... and report it here.

:)

jtsimaras
01-01-2005, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

:thumbsdow

People soup up civics because they are cheap and parts a plentiful. Corollas will never have the following that a civic does.

Except for a AE86, that is a different story.

True that---cheapers I thought The current SIR was overpriced kind of---until I bought one used---it is a solid car. Has all the featrures of the XRS plus Awesome seats Electric Steering and More fun factor. Oh ya the Sir is Quicker as well and priced cheaper than the XRS almost 3G's Cheaper.

MY .02$$

Go4Long
01-01-2005, 02:00 PM

you are trying to make a matrix XR-S with different body panels sound a lot better than it is. let's keep in mind people that this is the same platform as the matrix, and the same motor as that XR-S, so it's really nothing special...SRT-4 owns it, as well as pretty much every other top end sport compact other than hondas(sorry boys, 115lb/ft of tourque makes for a slow quarter mile time no matter how ya dress it up). The new SRT-4's with the LSD factory and all that stuff are great track cars...and I have heard of no major reliability issues as of yet despite some of them being very done up. Also the interior is far more comfortable than anything I have ever seen in something japanese.