PDA

View Full Version : Sigh...Ticket Advice?

Skyline_Addict
11-08-2004, 12:10 AM
hey guys,
I was on my way home tonight at around 1015 and was travelling on 14th street and 19th ave intersection (near there) and saw a flash in front of me. There weren't any cars in front of me for quite a distance, so there's a good chance that either I got caught, or someone going the opposite direction got caught. Anyways, I was going only around 57-58 in that zone (50 limit) and my friend agreed that I wasn't going very fast at all after I mentioned what the flash was. I had a similar ticket before, where I was photo radared going 63 in a 50 zone. When I fought it in court, the fine was reduced from a 13 km/h over fine to a 5 km/h over fine (8 km/h less). If that formula is consistent with most tickets, could I possibly fight this ticket to a 0, if I do recieve one? I know I was speeding and I know the rules, but it just really annoys me that I can get a ticket for such a small offence, while there was someone somewhere going 50 km/h over the limit without getting caught. It's all luck, I guess.

hockey_fan59
11-08-2004, 12:22 AM
you can fight photoradars?!

cman
11-08-2004, 12:22 AM
i got an 80 in a 70 and didnt bother fighting it. guess i could have gotten off easier. oh well.
good luck with it! i guess you will find out in 2-3weeks in via the mail.

shadow
11-08-2004, 12:29 AM
wait for the ticket... no sense fretting until you actually get a ticket.

If you were under 10 over chances are the ticket is not going to be massive.

Skyline_Addict
11-08-2004, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by shadow
wait for the ticket... no sense fretting until you actually get a ticket.

If you were under 10 over chances are the ticket is not going to be massive.

my main question is whether I can fight it to 0....think I can? i fought a 13 down to 5. if the math stays the same I can fight a 7-8 down to 0.

cman
11-08-2004, 12:42 AM
my 80 in a 70 was $87, no idea how much yours would be for the speed you were going. a bit less probably

EK 2.0
11-08-2004, 01:18 AM
if you saw a flash in FRONT of you...why would you worry??

we don't have front plates on our cars anymore...so they have no idea it's your car...it was prolly somone on the opposite side of the road...

ryder_23
11-08-2004, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by hockey_fan59
you can fight photoradars?!

you can fight all tickets... Innocent until proven guilty :thumbsup:

dieselpower91
11-08-2004, 02:06 AM
yeah if the flash was in front of you you weren't busted. didn't you see if there was a vehicle (radar vehicle) there or not?
I would have driven by again (this time doing the speed limit :D ) and found out if it was on my side or not.

Good advice is to fight every ticket... can't hurt!

Skyline_Addict
11-08-2004, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by dieselpower91
yeah if the flash was in front of you you weren't busted. didn't you see if there was a vehicle (radar vehicle) there or not?
I would have driven by again (this time doing the speed limit :D ) and found out if it was on my side or not.

Good advice is to fight every ticket... can't hurt!

It was too dark to see the radar vehicle, but It was most likely on parked on the side of the direction i was going in (because that's the only place u can park on that street). the flash was definetely in front of me, but wouldn't a flash, even if it is from a source behind you, also appear in front of you? (the area of the flash extends from behind you to infront of you)

dieselpower91
11-08-2004, 04:23 AM
Maybe the flash would appear ahead of you!?... I guess just wait and find out!

good luck!

Skyline_Addict
11-08-2004, 04:25 AM
i guess there's not much else i can do really, especially when I won't know if I actually got caught or not until i get a ticket (or not)

don_xtc
11-08-2004, 06:59 AM
Maybe the flash came from an alien ship?...... who cares.... wait to see if a ticket even arrives. No sense busting a vein over it:cry:

sputnik
11-08-2004, 12:27 PM
Why would you bother fighting the ticket? Its probably under $100 anyways.

Its not like there are any demerits associated with it that will affect your insurance.