PDA

View Full Version : E36 M3 VS E36 M Roadster

bennyhanna
11-09-2004, 12:11 AM
In the quest to find a nice mint M3

Ive found that the price of the M roadster is getting to be close to a Used E36 M3....
Id like to get some input about which car you would prefer?

Styling
Power
Reliability

I have heard that some of the M roadsters had issues with the rear diff mounts cracking, but mostly on Hard driven ones

C4S
11-09-2004, 12:18 AM
A bit faster on M Roadster for sure ... ( stock 0-60 mph 5.4 for M3, 5.2 sec for M Roadster )

M3 is more easlier to handle, more trunk space .. actually .. more space ! :D

But .. you will love M Roadster ! yeah .. it's track manner is not that great, but fun fun fun to drive ! and you will never see reliable issue ! the car is so simple, engine / tranny / suspension/ brake . are all realiable ...

For pricing .. M Roadster are more then M3 .. but it is winter now, you may get a M Roadster in a good deal .. probaby 3 to 4K less then in Spring time ! :thumbsup:

I will go for M Roadster ( but harder to find ) since there are tons of high kms US spec E36 M3 around ! and most M Roadster r in mint shape and low kms !

:thumbsup:

zerofighter
11-09-2004, 12:21 AM
I'm with C4S on this one. M roadster for sure, much better handling (or so I am told), and you can drop the top. But try to find a M coupe.

Good luck with your choice.

2m0a0x2
11-11-2004, 04:01 PM
EHM FWEEE!!!

depends what you use it on. If you use it every day, go to the mall, get groceries, whatever, then the M3 would be more suited for your use...