PDA

View Full Version : pontiac tempest electrical problems

john2
11-09-2004, 03:05 PM
Hi all, glad to have found someplace to vent, I am at my witts end with my daughters 1989(2.8 litre) pontiac tempest, it has been to 3 mechanics and each time it has been a new battery, new altenater, new ground straps, all these have been replaced and all grounds and connections have been cleaned and sanded.
Today when i turn the key on all the lights and all power just shut down, no clicking like dead battery just nothing.
I use to be able to get it to turn over by pumping on the gas
for some reason this would get it to turn over slowly and would turn over normal after a few pumps on the gas.
Any ideas with this would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely john2 :dunno: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

QuasarCav
11-09-2004, 03:09 PM
Something with the electrical system is broken (duh) take it to any shop and have them do a charging system test, It can only be a few things when dealing with that stuff.

FiveFreshFish
11-09-2004, 03:25 PM
Sounds like a fault that's draining your battery overnight.

Also make sure the connections that you sanded have been protected with dielectric grease to prevent corrosion. You can buy a tube for about $5.

john2
11-09-2004, 05:12 PM
thanks for the info quasicar with people like u who needs mechanics your intelligence reigns superior to all mortal men and i am humbled (duh) by your lack of respect for all of us below your level.
however i thought u maybe able to one up the mechanics who have tested it (for electrical problems) DUH

this will be my duh last post or participation on this web site

over and duh out

Kenny_boy
11-09-2004, 06:43 PM
k, just simmer down on the Duh, dude, like duh

ex1z7
11-10-2004, 04:41 PM
He wasn't trying to diss you by saying duh, man, it's obvious its a problem with your elecrical system.

He helped you by telling you what to do and where to go, so don't start takin' that tone... no cookies for you, go to bed.

QuasarCav
11-10-2004, 04:44 PM
holy shit, I put the duh in there because I said it had to do with the electrical system.

Kind of makes me wonder why the mechanics screwed you over.....