PDA

View Full Version : RCTS Worthy

kerr
11-09-2004, 06:06 PM
I have had no experience with doing business with RCTS and i am wondering if anyone has had any positive or negative thoughts or experience with getting work done there such as mods and dynos?

rage2
11-09-2004, 06:12 PM
If you're looking for bolt-on BMW stuff, RCTS can help you.

If you need custom BMW stuff, read this thread regarding RCTS experiences:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26622

kerr
11-10-2004, 10:04 AM
Thats quite a bit of info. Thank you very much for that. So just out of your curiosity you obviously have a lot of insight on tuning. If you were to get Exhaust, software, and a cold air intake what would you get? and where would you go for the install. I drive a 98 540i E39 (V8,6spd) thank you again. Right know I am thinking eisenman exhaust, Dinan software, and confortti or gruppeM or dinan CAI.

rage2
11-10-2004, 11:22 AM
I wouldn't get it. I'd get a supercharger ;).

Spending $ on exhaust, CAI, and ECU will get you 10hp, 15hp if you're lucky. NA tuning is by far the worse power to $ ratio, and I'm a cheap bastard.

Kaos
11-10-2004, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by rage2
I wouldn't get it. I'd get a supercharger ;).

Spending $ on exhaust, CAI, and ECU will get you 10hp, 15hp if you're lucky. NA tuning is by far the worse power to $ ratio, and I'm a cheap bastard.

Unless of course, he wanted the nice sound and the growl to go with the charger.

rage2
11-10-2004, 11:33 AM
He was looking for software, so I assumed he was going for performance.

kerr
11-10-2004, 11:44 AM
I would love a f--king supercharger but thats a lot cash. i may consider next year, also need my car as a daily driver and i do not want to sacrafice reliabilty in any way. I thought i would get more that 10-15 Hp but i guess i still get better throttle response and yes it will sound much better especially with that Quad racing pipes from eisenmann. But i am still uncertain about which cold air intake and software to go with. I gather most use dinan software, but will that work with non dinan exhaust and Cold air intake? I have also heard of a software called shark or somthing.Also do most people stll go to this Alpine shop you have talked about?

omes
11-11-2004, 01:16 PM
I have had some dealings with Reg, and there are few people in Calgary as knowledgeable as he is. However, you pay dearly for his expertise, he runs a very busy shop and has alot of customers with deep pockets. RCTS is an authorized Dinan shop too, and have a very reliable dynojet. After you build a bit of a relationship with a shop things usually swing your way as well.