PDA

View Full Version : Girl on Cell Phone kills 2 and 5 year old

RickDaTuner
11-10-2004, 07:00 AM
http://www.wesh.com/news/3903924/detail.html

a girl was driving an SUV type vehichle and ran a red light while speeding and talking on her cell phone. She killed a 2 year old and a 5 year old and so far has only gotten a ticket for going through a red light Its really sad. Currently theres no law in Fla about talking on a cell phone while driving. But 2 children were killed because of her.

video here

http://mfile.akamai.com/12890/wmv/vod.ibsys.com/2004/1109/3904020.200k.asx

AcuraTl
11-10-2004, 07:06 AM
Bizzatch!!! if this happened to sum1 i kno, forget law imma :guns: :guns:

Mckenzie
11-10-2004, 09:33 AM
Woman

SUV

Cell Phone

=Nuff Said....The worst driving combination possible

Sad story though. I dont know how many times I have raged over a woman in an SUV talking on the cell phone. I guess it is for reasons like this that I have so much spite for woman drivers sometimes. :rolleyes:

sin
11-10-2004, 09:51 AM
Old

Asian

Woman

Cell Phone

SUV (big of course, cause ppl in big SUV's have so much to haul around)

thats the worst combination ever, the only exception to make this worse would be the woman being blind.

awd
11-10-2004, 09:53 AM
I am getting sick of assholes on cell phones not paying attention to the road -- I hope that bitch gets the chair for what she did.

Texas
11-10-2004, 09:57 AM
Yup, dum cunt should die.

import_illusion
11-10-2004, 11:07 AM
is it legal or illegal in calgary to drive and talk on a cell phone?

QuasarCav
11-10-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by import_illusion
is it legal or illegal in calgary to drive and talk on a cell phone?

technically you could get in shit for not paying enough attention to the road. It doesn't specific cite cell phones like new york.

I just look at the people and make the hang up gesture, they usually give my the finger but at least I feel good.

shakalaka
11-10-2004, 11:17 AM
man that is so sad, these kinda things happening. Two little kids man, i mean seriously. FUCK!

GoChris
11-10-2004, 11:18 AM
WHAT the hell does no law about talking on a cell phone have anything to do with the fact that she KILLED TWO KIDS with her car?

shouldnt she be charged anyway for i dunno, vehicular manslaughter??

Z_Fan
11-10-2004, 11:36 AM
Yeah, exactly, this girl should definitely be criminally charged. Up here you'd get Criminal Negligence causing Death wouldn't you? Sure you would...or a Manslaughter charge of some kind. (X2).

The article details nothing of the charges against the driver. There must be something...has to be!

Carfanman
11-10-2004, 12:18 PM
Wow thats really sad. I'm going to go to fla. and talk on my cellphone and run her over 10 times and then just get a ticket for speeding.

ZorroAMG
11-10-2004, 02:07 PM
You know, ignorance and terrible common sense resluted in her killing two kids. She should be punished for sure, but the CHAIR, or Dumb cunt should die? COME ON people! It was an accident ( a hugely stupid, easily preventable one, yes) but she didn't do it on purpose, she didn't MEAN to kill them, she most likely feels lower than shit and will remember this for the rest of her life. Fuck, in our messed up society, murderers don't usually get the death penalty, why should she be so shunned?

Chill out and put yourselves in her shoes, do not even THINK about telling me you've never driven while on a cell, played with your cd or drank or ate something while driving.

High and mighty overreactors...:rolleyes:

brandon
11-10-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
You know, ignorance and terrible common sense resluted in her killing two kids. She should be punished for sure, but the CHAIR, or Dumb cunt should die? COME ON people! It was an accident ( a hugely stupid, easily preventable one, yes) but she didn't do it on purpose, she didn't MEAN to kill them, she most likely feels lower than shit and will remember this for the rest of her life. Fuck, in our messed up society, murderers don't usually get the death penalty, why should she be so shunned?

Chill out and put yourselves in her shoes, do not even THINK about telling me you've never driven while on a cell, played with your cd or drank or ate something while driving.

High and mighty overreactors...:rolleyes:

:werd:

Carfanman
11-10-2004, 02:17 PM
Yeah I guess your right, still it's really sad and stupid. This is a good example for people who think that being irresponsible on the road is ok. Now at 3 in the morning maybe, but otherwise watch what your doing and dont be a dumb ass.

hjr
11-10-2004, 03:42 PM
i definetely think that cell phones should be banned on the roads. i feel like a hypocrite though because i use my phone while driving occasionally, and i always notice that i pay less attention. I hope that they make it a law so that i can at least justify to myself to stop using it. im a hypocritical mess sometimesm, haha.

max_boost
11-10-2004, 04:29 PM
I'm sure you would react differently if it was your kids or your cousins or your brother/sister etc. What happened is just sad......:(

Texas
11-10-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG

High and mighty overreactors...:rolleyes: Oh high and insightful Zorro... My sweating balls pour out to thee... How about instead I put myself in the position of the guy who lost his only two children? That Dumb Cunt should feel lower than dirt, she killed children.... by being a dumb cunt. Whether or not she should die is definitely questionable, but I believe she should get more than a small fine for running a red light. I know it was a mistake, but come on... Even on a phone I can stop for red lights, pedestrians, not speed etc... her excuse for ending the lives of two children are pathetic.

QuasarCav
11-10-2004, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Texas
Oh high and insightful Zorro... My sweating balls pour out to thee... How about instead I put myself in the position of the guy who lost his only two children? That Dumb Cunt should feel lower than dirt, she killed children.... by being a dumb cunt. Whether or not she should die is definitely questionable, but I believe she should get more than a small fine for running a red light. I know it was a mistake, but come on... Even on a phone I can stop for red lights, pedestrians, not speed etc... her excuse for ending the lives of two children are pathetic.

Your user name speaks wonders.

Even on a phone I can stop for red lights, pedestrians, not speed etc

That is whats wrong, people assume they can do all these things.

Ben
11-10-2004, 05:13 PM
Whats next?

No Radios allowed in Cars, and then No Passengers unless their bound and gagged? These cause just as bad of a distraction as cell phones technically.

People just need to be more aware of what the hell is going on.

brandon
11-10-2004, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Ben
Whats next?

No Radios allowed in Cars, and then No Passengers unless their bound and gagged? These cause just as bad of a distraction as cell phones technically.

People just need to be more aware of what the hell is going on.

man, and to think i got in trouble last week by the cps for having my passenger bound and gagged! I told him it was so she wouldnt be a distraction! But the officer never belived me! Damnit! :D

ZorroAMG
11-10-2004, 05:20 PM
LOL @ Texas. Can you not read that I said she should be punished? I didn't mean just a red light fine, she should get charged with vehicular manslaughter or some similar serious charge. Don't try and pretend that you've never been distracted while driving, Mr. Perfect. Accidents happen, however tragic they may be. While I feel sorry for the family who suffered a loss, it still doesn't change the fact that you're an idiot for thinking she should die because she did something that ANYONE of us who uses a phone while driving could have done.

Grow up.

ZorroAMG
11-10-2004, 05:26 PM
LOL @ Texas. Can you not read that I said she should be punished? I didn't mean just a red light fine, she should get charged with vehicular manslaughter or some similar serious charge. Don't try and pretend that you've never been distracted while driving, Mr. Perfect. Accidents happen, however tragic they may be. While I feel sorry for the family who suffered a loss, it still doesn't change the fact that you're an idiot for thinking she should die because she did something that ANYONE of us who uses a phone while driving could have done.

Grow up.

RickDaTuner
11-10-2004, 09:22 PM
well i pulled this off NASIOC and apearently this girls parents are loaded, the police took away her blue SUV that was in the accident, for investigation of course. shortly after her parents bought her the same SUV in a silver colour, she lives in the smae area that the childrens parents live in, and recently she was seen leaving her aparment complex, ducking from the Media, got in her car and drove away while talking on her Cell phone... some people just dont learn.

its in my opinion that this incident is not solely this 22 year olds fault,
but also the fault of the parents who let thier kids out at night, let alone a 2 and 5 year old. it was more or less two bad situations put into one bad spot to be in at the wrong time.

Texas
11-11-2004, 02:26 AM
Assume? I guess I can assume that since I dont have any accidents in 8 years of driving. Quasar what the fuck does that have to do with my name? was that your attempt to insult me? You have no ground, you drive a cavalier. How many accidents do you have? Keep your face shut and learn how to burn. Telling me that my username "speaks wonders" is fucking weak... but if you can explain yourself...go right ahead. You are probably trying to suck Zorros dick for some reason.

Zorro, I know you said she should be punished... I was taken back by your sympathy towards her -seemingly over the family and the children. The whole "coulda been anyone" thing is what I disagree with. Im sorry, but I can keep awareness of the road...I dont feel it is any different than talking to a passenger while driving...really its not....maybe it takes one hand off of the wheel, but how many of you honestly drive with both hands at 10and2? I think the girl is a stuncunt who shouldnt have a license in the first place.

Skyline_Addict
11-11-2004, 02:32 AM
whether or not she used the cellphone....she killed 2 kids?
isn't that enough for a conviction of murder?

Texas
11-11-2004, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict
whether or not she used the cellphone....she killed 2 kids?
isn't that enough for a conviction of murder? Not down there it isnt... Unfortunately the look at it more from a demographic point of view...no really. She wasnt drunk, probably a college girl with somewhat wealthy parents...how could they ruin her life with prison time and a conviction of that nature? :rolleyes: My father gives depositions there all of the time that are rock solid...and quite often in these situations...there wont be much of a conviction.

Gondi Stylez
11-11-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner
well i pulled this off NASIOC and apearently this girls parents are loaded, the police took away her blue SUV that was in the accident, for investigation of course. shortly after her parents bought her the same SUV in a silver colour, she lives in the smae area that the childrens parents live in, and recently she was seen leaving her aparment complex, ducking from the Media, got in her car and drove away while talking on her Cell phone... some people just dont learn.

its in my opinion that this incident is not solely this 22 year olds fault,
but also the fault of the parents who let thier kids out at night, let alone a 2 and 5 year old. it was more or less two bad situations put into one bad spot to be in at the wrong time.

the 2 kids were crossing the road w/ ther mom!

i think its the girls fault for not paying any attention to the task at hand, DRIVING! and her parents are mother fuckers for buying he ra new suv and all their golden daughter does is talk on the phonme! psyco american family!

RIP little ones...:(

Carfanman
11-11-2004, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Gondi Stylez
psyco american family!

I agree with everything you said exept that. Just because some people who happen to live in America are stupid or do stupid things doesn't mean Americans are stupid. There are also Canadians who are stupid, should I say "stupid Canadians"? No, just a person who happens to be canadian did something stupid. Not saying that you were being prejudiced to an extreme degree but most really extreme prejudices start because some people of a race/religion/country did something stupid so people accuse all of them of being stupid. The fact that the family was stupid had nothing to do with them being american. Do you think they would have been completely different and there daughter would never even have thought of using a cellphone while driving if they had lived in Canada?

davidI
11-11-2004, 07:57 PM
As someone else already said, it's not only the girls fault but who lets a 2 and a 5 year old play like that? I'm not saying the girl is not at fault...because odds are she wasn't paying attention but at the same time, those parents shouldn't have had their kids in the street!
In my neighbourhood there is a family that always lets their little kids play street hockey and stuff on this blind corner. I try to remember to slow down a lot now just incase they're there but if I didn't drive it everyday I could easily have hit one of them by now. Funny thing is that the parents stand in their driveway glaring at me when I have to slam on my breaks to slow from 30 to 5 because their child is running out into the street!!! How about they get a fucking clue and make their kids play down the street a bit where they can be seen or not let them play out at night wearing dark clothes

:thumbsdow

Carfanman
11-11-2004, 08:10 PM
Yea and as someone else responded the kids were with there mom crossing the street. Are you saying that no kid should ever be in the street no matter what the circumstes.

Singel
11-11-2004, 08:24 PM
Ya, they were crossing with their mom, who from the picture didn't look like a small lady...it seems odd to me that her kids got hit and she didn't. Without any witnesses or anything its tough to no what happened, most likely: a) her kids were happy and excited and went onto the road before she could stop them, or b) They were all in the path of the car, but her natural instinct to get out of the way to save herself kicked in, but the kids didn't, or c) She assumed the car would stop and they just walked out or something

But its really not the moms fault very much at all, the other bitch shoulda been paying attention. It's kind of like if I'm at a shooting range, and there's somebody standing between me and the target and i can clearly see them. I can't just shoot and say they shouldn't have been standing there...i mean of course they shouldn't have been standing there, but its no excuse

Impreza
11-11-2004, 08:28 PM
on a side note, what happened to the old man that ran into the bank on country hills blvd and killed a young woman?

Singel
11-12-2004, 01:25 AM
^Or the truck driver that killed the 4 nuns, was on the news not too long ago but i forgot. Not sure what's worse between killing 4 nuns or 2 young children, atleast the nuns were older

ex1z7
11-13-2004, 03:19 AM
Driving for not even a year I have the common sense to, when my cell is ringing (which I keep in the change tray) I had the instincts to say "someone grab that" in the car, or if I'm on my own I pull over (when safe, of course..Mirror, signal, headcheck, pull over) Or just miss the fucking call.

I don't understand how this happened.... Where was she looking when she was driving....Can't you see a green light go orange, then red, from fairly far away - even out of peripheral vision? Did she not check her speedometer at all? Did she not see any other cars stopped or anything like that? Like what the fuck. Was she talking on the phone and writing a note down in a book, resting it on the steering wheel?

Don't they have car kits for obvious reasons? You wanna talk on your phone huh...well do it hands free so you can pay attention to the fucking road.

This chick should have obviously been charged with something as she killed two people. Regardless of how - she still fucking killed two people.

She was speeding - crime
She ran a red light - crime
She ran kids over.. - crime

She should have her license stripped, make it illegal to own a vehicle for however long, prison time, illegal to own a cell phone, community service, money payout for the parents of those two kids, permanent criminal record, and thrown into a body of water inhabited by aligators...

Rip lil' kids.....