PDA

View Full Version : black maxima with a supercharger or turbo?

BumpinTalon
11-10-2004, 06:51 PM
Saw this guy rocketing down Crowfoot the other day. He drives like a prick, just about sideswiped one guy and rear ended another, passing on a merge lane that ends in 200 meters la de da I hope he feels good about himself.
what's he got under the hood though? every time he let off it made a big chirp, kinda like a blow-off valve but not quite, sounded more like a car that is boosted without a blow-off so the air flies back into the turbo and makes a lot of noise. is he supercharger or turbocharged or what?

Chester
11-10-2004, 07:03 PM
Maybe he has one of those whistle tips screwed onto his exhaust that you can get on ebay

BumpinTalon
11-10-2004, 07:08 PM
haha nope, he had the exhaust note of a boosted car too. and his car pulled really hard, too.

Aleks
11-10-2004, 07:25 PM
Compressor Surge?!

Weapon_R
11-10-2004, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by BumpinTalon
haha nope, he had the exhaust note of a boosted car too. and his car pulled really hard, too.

What did this exhaust note sound like?

abyss
11-10-2004, 07:43 PM
Is that one older? 97-99ish? If so I saw it awhile ago and I'm pretty sure it has the same supercharger I want on mine...:drool: that is if I don't get suckered into buying a new Altima instead.

It looked nice when I saw it, as for the driving like a prick...:thumbsdow

vegas2005baby
11-10-2004, 08:44 PM

exhaust note of a boosted car, now thats a good one.

BumpinTalon
11-10-2004, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by vegas2005baby

fuck you. listen to dragsters - nitrous cars have a lower, mellower sound. supercharged cars crackle and have a lot more treble to them.
a regular import sounds farty and obnoxious, maybe deep & throaty if they have a nice muffler, but you will here a bit of treble through the exhaust and NA cars are raspy-sounding when they rev up, and the pitch goes higher.
a turbocharged import sounds really deep and throaty and the pitch never goes as high as the NA cars, there is no raspy sound, and they aren't as loud as NA cars usually.
pay attention - there is a difference.
and if you don't believe me, ride in a ESi Talon with a ractive muffler and then ride in a TSi Talon with the exact same muffler, and they are two completely different sounding cars, and to back up my point my buddy's old MX-3 that had a full catback sounds completely different then his new turbo'd MX-3 that has a full catback and they even had the exact same motor. so shut the hell up.

teamPRO
11-10-2004, 10:21 PM
You can easily tell turbo apart from an NA car. Even without a BOV.

Telling a supercharger and a turbocharger is harder though, they pretty much both sound the same with the spinning ball bearings and all.

dj_rice
11-10-2004, 10:34 PM

http://chrishaettig.bei.t-online.de/newbie.jpg

benyl
11-10-2004, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by teamPRO

Telling a supercharger and a turbocharger is harder though, they pretty much both sound the same with the spinning ball bearings and all.

Oh really? I didn't know superchargers had spinning balll bearings. I am pretty sure many turbos don't have them either, but I could be wrong.

Granted, there are some turbos that do have them and sound distinctive.

vegas2005baby
11-11-2004, 12:37 PM

fuck you. listen to dragsters - nitrous cars have a lower, mellower sound. supercharged cars crackle and have a lot more treble to them.
a regular import sounds farty and obnoxious, maybe deep & throaty if they have a nice muffler, but you will here a bit of treble through the exhaust and NA cars are raspy-sounding when they rev up, and the pitch goes higher.
a turbocharged import sounds really deep and throaty and the pitch never goes as high as the NA cars, there is no raspy sound, and they aren't as loud as NA cars usually.
and if you don't believe me, ride in a ESi Talon with a ractive muffler and then ride in a TSi Talon with the exact same muffler, and they are two completely different sounding cars, and to back up my point my buddy's old MX-3 that had a full catback sounds completely different then his new turbo'd MX-3 that has a full catback and they even had the exact same motor. so shut the hell up.

you're a douche, you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about, the exhaust pitch of any street driven piston engine car is directly related to the designs and variances of the exhaust system installed. the only possible audible difference between a turbo car, and a non turbo car, comes from the spoolin' sound emited by the turbo. moron.

Ofcourse a fucking 4 inch downpipe on a holset turbo the size of your moms flabby ass is gona sound alot different then 2inch pipe and a whateverthefuckractivepieceofshitwallmartbrand you have on your shitty n/a DSM, but say you were to have a average sized turbo on your car, its fairly easy to bolt on a exhaust system that would make your car sound N/A, raspy sound and all.

and thats a good one, nitrous cars sound different then n/a cars, man, I"ve been missing out :banghead: :banghead:

BumpinTalon
11-11-2004, 05:41 PM

you're a douche, you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about, the exhaust pitch of any street driven piston engine car is directly related to the designs and variances of the exhaust system installed. the only possible audible difference between a turbo car, and a non turbo car, comes from the spoolin' sound emited by the turbo. moron.

Ofcourse a fucking 4 inch downpipe on a holset turbo the size of your moms flabby ass is gona sound alot different then 2inch pipe and a whateverthefuckractivepieceofshitwallmartbrand you have on your shitty n/a DSM, but say you were to have a average sized turbo on your car, its fairly easy to bolt on a exhaust system that would make your car sound N/A, raspy sound and all.

and thats a good one, nitrous cars sound different then n/a cars, man, I"ve been missing out :banghead: :banghead:

you are such an idiot, read the responses, a bunch more people agree with me then you, so just give up now.

let's think about this: every time you change what you put into your engine, what comes out is going to change. a turbocharger is A PART OF THE EXHAUST (manifold -> turbo -> downpipe -> exhaust you fuckhead), in case you didn't know, so obviously it's going to change the way a car sounds now, isn't it? Jesus Christ even by your own logic you are a dumbass. Go watch races at Race City and tell me that all the motors don't sound different depending on what sort of power adder they are using. Really, you are going to lose this argument.
what do you drive? a civic? you didn't even fill in that field. do you even have a car? so what my exhaust costed less. why would I pay $200-$300 extra for a part that does exactly the same thing, made .1 more hosrepower, and didn't even sound as good?

ZorroAMG
11-11-2004, 05:57 PM
this thread is WIKKKKED!!

CelicaST-162
11-11-2004, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by teamPRO

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: , now that's a good one. The unmistakable supercharger whine and whheeeeeeee from a turbo....noob noob noob :rofl: :rofl:

BumpinTalon
11-11-2004, 07:02 PM
well this car is a big fuckin mystery. nobody knows anything about it.

+GoOdS+
11-11-2004, 07:52 PM

Man your a fuckin tool there is a thread full of people who agree with what bumpintalon has to say. Like he said a turbocharger is a part of the exhuast. Manifold -> turbo -> downpipe -> exhaust, obviously the exhaust tone is gonna differentiate from a NA engine to a turbo'ed engine. Take your 2 cents and tell it to someone who gives a fuck.

habsfan
11-11-2004, 08:28 PM
this thread owns, lol :rofl:

EK 2.0
11-11-2004, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
this thread is WIKKKKED!!

shaddap N/A Benzo...:rofl:

those sounds you make with your mouth don't count as a turbo...

and geez who cares what a N/A vs. F/I cars sounds like...lets get some info on this Maxima...

dsmer
11-11-2004, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by benyl

Oh really? I didn't know superchargers had spinning balll bearings. I am pretty sure many turbos don't have them either, but I could be wrong.

Granted, there are some turbos that do have them and sound distinctive.

I would have to agree with team, they sound very similar. Its like a high pitched wining sound that echos through the exhaust.

As for the maxima, they are already fast n/a. Boosted must be a beast. :bigpimp:

BumpinTalon
11-12-2004, 12:51 AM
at the street races he didn't seem that fast... but i only saw him run once against like a civic and he only beat him by a car length. I have never been to the street races except that one time, btw ;) the '99 maxima i drove hauled ass. this car is probably so quick :D

CSMRX7
11-12-2004, 09:01 AM
I had a 99 Maxima with a Stillen (Vortech) Supercharger. Pretty quick car, ran a 13.4 in Houston with 270 whp, so not a slow car by anymeans, especailly for a big sedan.

finboy
11-12-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by dsmer

I would have to agree with team, they sound very similar. Its like a high pitched wining sound that echos through the exhaust.

As for the maxima, they are already fast n/a. Boosted must be a beast. :bigpimp:

i don't know about everyone else but i find it pretty easy to hear a difference between a supercharger whine and the whistle from a turbo car's exhaust :dunno:

either way, this thread R0>< ><0RZZZZZZZZZ :rofl:

86max
11-12-2004, 12:27 PM
[attempt to draw attention back to original topic]

Maximas rule:thumbsup:

[/attempt to draw attention back to original topic]

:rofl:

Guy's an idiot for driving like a prick. Giving all maxima drivers a bad name lol.

jegger69
11-12-2004, 10:31 PM
Superchargers and turbos are so easy to tell apart

AllGoNoShow
11-12-2004, 11:36 PM
Som epoeple I must admit seem to have a harder time telling the difference it seems, but maybe they just haven't heard enough of either one to tell. You can distinctly tell which is which if you know what your listneing for tho.

abyss
11-13-2004, 12:22 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 86max
[B][attempt to draw attention back to original topic]

Maximas rule:thumbsup:

:werd: Maximas DO rule!

:D

snipa_mini85
11-16-2004, 02:06 AM
anybody have any pics of this maxima?

was it a black maxima?gun metal rims?

schurchill39
11-17-2004, 12:04 PM
Dont you just hate it when douche bags who think they know what their talking about come and destroys your thread? Any ways I love the soud of the Turbo and supercharger... Just makes it sound all the better. And for your exaust who gives a fuck wat brand, thats pretty fucking low to talk shit about some one because they dont have something as expensive as you

Aleks
01-15-2005, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by snipa_mini85
anybody have any pics of this maxima?

was it a black maxima?gun metal rims?

is this it?

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/763858/1

Boost Infested
01-15-2005, 09:07 PM
hehe...
http://www.sprintmax.com/albums/album03/hlh0501_turbo_engine.jpg

or a turbo ka in an Altima... ;)

pixil9
01-15-2005, 09:12 PM
fuck my 600 hp truck can whoop all your asses

b16Ateg
01-15-2005, 10:34 PM
the car has a supercharger and its not a black one with gunmetal rims cos thats my buddy chris's car

b16Ateg
01-15-2005, 10:41 PM
did the car look like this... i know its not chris's cos his is parked for the winter.. but i just want to know if the car looked like chris's cos i have seen this car at brasso nissan and they did the supercharger there.. and the guy is kinda a prick when he drives

That.Guy.S30
01-16-2005, 07:03 PM
^ no its one with a huge STILLEN decal on his window. ive had a few encounters with him. i saw him at infinity parking sideways and taking up 3 spots with his car. made me laugh. i think he wants to get a g35 lol

CSMRX7
01-16-2005, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Boost Infested
hehe...
http://www.sprintmax.com/albums/album03/hlh0501_turbo_engine.jpg

or a turbo ka in an Altima... ;)

Thats a picture of a VQ Turbo Maxima isn't it. I thing that is the same car that blew a tire on the dyno.

crazydave
01-16-2005, 08:54 PM

a regular import sounds farty and obnoxious, maybe deep &amp; throaty if they have a nice muffler, but you will here a bit of treble through the exhaust and NA cars are raspy-sounding when they rev up, and the pitch goes higher.

Originally posted by jegger69
Superchargers and turbos are so easy to tell apart

:werd: :werd:

and who really cares about that guys 600hp truck.

finboy
01-16-2005, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by pixil9
fuck my 600 hp truck can whoop all your asses

BumpinTalon
01-16-2005, 10:31 PM
all I know it is a black maxima and i don't even think he has rims. it is lowered though. nice car I guess. thanks for bumping an old thread :P

Police
01-17-2005, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by finboy

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: