PDA

View Full Version : stretch marks

EG STyLeZ
11-10-2004, 07:33 PM
ever since i started working out, i've been getting little stretch marks near the top of the armpit area. i heard this can happen because the pec muscle grows at a really fast rate.

anyone have this happen to them, and if so, what kinds of things have you done to try to minimize the stretch marks?

Fuji
11-10-2004, 07:38 PM
stop using the juice

Weapon_R
11-10-2004, 07:40 PM
Do stretch marks go away? If a girl has kids, she almost always has stretch marks, so im wondering if they ever disappear.

marq-jt
11-10-2004, 07:43 PM
:rofl: ^

Proyecto2000
11-10-2004, 07:59 PM
get stretch mark cream, they should sell that stuff at shoppers if not find some one who sells Avon n get from there lol

Shaolin
11-10-2004, 08:24 PM
I have the same things you do on both shoulders.. every time you lift they get red right? mine used to get beat red after lifting.. but I haven't lifted in years..

davidI
11-10-2004, 08:34 PM
Yea, I've got them. They're small though and you can only see them if you look close. I've heard they don't go away but until mine get really noticeable I'm not too concerned. There is a vitamin that is supposed to help (and a topical cream). I'm sure if you looked it up on google you'd find some products!

SpoonEK9@STRD
11-10-2004, 09:01 PM
stretch marks will not go away. the redness can go away buy rubbing retin-a on it.

xrayvsn
11-10-2004, 09:21 PM
Stretch marks (striae) never fully go away, since it is scar tissue. LIke all scar tissue, it will remodel with time. Initially it is red/pink because there is some blood vessels that are recruited to help repair the damage. Eventually the scar retracts as more fibrous tissue is laid down, and the redness slowly fades. With time, your body alters the scar so that it is less noticable - typically, this takes between a year or two for the striae or scar to mature. Some people scar differently, and this progression does not always happen. Some creams including those containing retinoic acid, can help improve the appearance of stretch marks.

EG STyLeZ
11-10-2004, 09:26 PM
supposedly, stretch marks will never completely go away. the redness, however, is supposed to fade with time.
anyways, i've been using a lotion that has vitamin e in it for a few months now, but it hasn't done anything.

Originally posted by SpoonEK9
stretch marks will not go away. the redness can go away buy rubbing retin-a on it.

is retin-a an over the counter cream or something?

dj_rice
11-10-2004, 10:43 PM
Yeah same here, I had stretch marks after working out too....my cousin who bodybuilds said its due to starting out at too heavy of a weight when working out then going to lighter weights?

Is that true?

Def_3
11-10-2004, 10:46 PM
got em too, had them for years, they havent gotten any worse however, and have still been lifting

davidI
11-10-2004, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
Yeah same here, I had stretch marks after working out too....my cousin who bodybuilds said its due to starting out at too heavy of a weight when working out then going to lighter weights?

Is that true?

No. It's just due to growth. Heavy weight do stimulate growth though so I guess that's true, but switching to lighter weights has nothing to do with anything.

BloodBaneZXY
11-11-2004, 01:12 AM
Use cocoa butter, supposedly works, meh just live with em

Dave P
11-11-2004, 01:28 AM
I was fat, had them around my gut.

Started working out, and as ive got thiner, they have gone away.

Can still kinda see them, but barley noticable

They show after a work out, but within the hour there a barley noticeble light pink

crx62
11-11-2004, 01:38 AM
I have mad stretch marks from all the weight i lost. But my friend gave me some stretch mark cream and i worked really well.

I will ask her where she got it from.

ex1z7
11-11-2004, 01:46 AM
My ex has been using vitamin E tablets... the liquid pure V.E type - you crack em open and rub them on your marks, it worked for her and she just had a baby...

Gondi Stylez
11-11-2004, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by ex1z7
My ex has been using vitamin E tablets... the liquid pure V.E type - you crack em open and rub them on your marks, it worked for her and she just had a baby...

ur ex?? sorry, but arent u 17? crazy, ur ex had a baby at 17/18?:nut:

corngrats to her tho!:thumbsup:

and now on topic, yea strtch marks never fully go away but if you loose most of ur weight then they usually subside, so its not that big of a deal!

That.Guy.S30
11-11-2004, 02:39 AM

yup that is the right answer. itll make the strech marks fade away but wont completely go away.

EG STyLeZ
11-11-2004, 04:28 AM

I may try these vitamin e tablets, since i know i'll keep getting stretch marks as long as i work out. thanks

ex1z7
11-11-2004, 06:39 AM
Look for the highest percentage of vitamin E...not tablets rather capsules if you want to get more specific - liquid filled capsules..just burst them and rub em in everyday. :) can get em usually at every pharmacy and the like - not a perscription type thing or anything... :)

Made_To_Love
11-16-2004, 12:20 PM
You can actually just go to Shoppers and buy a bottle of vitamin E oil

ryder_23
11-16-2004, 12:23 PM
vitamin e cream helped with my scar i had across my face when i split it open. Cant even tell theres a mark there now, might help for stretch marks. Just goto any pregnancy store :thumbsup:

lam-boy
11-16-2004, 12:49 PM
a guy I used to work out with told me to use Coconut Oil.
just rub the oil on your stretch marks.

his exact response was
"Oh you got stretch marks? yeah..use coconut oil, pregnant bitches use that shit on their stomach after they have kids":rofl:

kiwi
11-18-2004, 12:09 AM
stretch marks don't go away... the red will fade with time & they'll just be white or whatever... but vitamin E oil really helps. You can get those anywhere!

kanjus_paki
11-18-2004, 12:26 AM
thats why bodybuilders are so tanned a lot of times cuz thats the only way to make them appear gone!..hit up fabutan

davidI
11-18-2004, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by kanjus_paki
thats why bodybuilders are so tanned a lot of times cuz thats the only way to make them appear gone!..hit up fabutan

Actually a tan won't really hide them that much. Bodybuilders tan to improve their tone and definition on stage. I guarantee a dude that's 160 but really dark will look bigger than the same sized guy @ 170 who is pasty!

Wildcat
11-18-2004, 01:33 AM
my strech marks are gross, theyre all purple-like. The color is attributed to bruising and will go away but the indentations of the stretch marks are there for good. Moisturizing the area and vitamin E will help prevent them from getting larger. Tanning increase Vitaming E absorbtion and promotes skin elasticity and it hides the stretch marks well.

daves right, for some reason tanned people look bigger than white people, i dont know why :dunno: tanning helps speed up your metabolisim and increases dehydration, so theres more than just one benefit for bodybuilders to tan.

badseed
11-18-2004, 01:36 AM
Stretch marks will never fully go away. I have stretch marks worse than anyone I've ever seen. Amrs, chest and shoulders. They started out with one or two and progressed form there. Of course this was about 6 years ago. Eventually they will fade away and become very hard to notice as mine are now. They do not tan aswell as undamged skin so would'nt reccomend this as a method to cover them up especially when there still red. Vitamin E cream may speed the fading process but just give is time there is nothing you can do to get rid of them, trust me I am the STRETCH MARK KING!!!!

badseed
11-18-2004, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by Wildcat

daves right, for some reason tanned people look bigger than white people, i dont know why :dunno: tanning helps speed up your metabolisim and increases dehydration, so theres more than just one benefit for bodybuilders to tan.

The reason is because tanned skin brings out definition. A defined person, even if not that big, will always look bigger than someone who is just of average definition or husky. Especially from afar.

husspath2k3
11-18-2004, 01:45 AM
lol @ stretch mark king

badseed
11-18-2004, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by husspath2k3
lol @ stretch mark king

What can I say I gained 30 pounds in a little less than a year. Not all lean of course, but still alot of weight to put on without growing an inch.