PDA

View Full Version : ** Speeding Ticket - Advice **

hingkit
11-30-2002, 04:57 AM
November 29 - 10pm
I took a wrong turn down harvest hill and fell right into a speed trap on that werid loop thing. It was 60 and I went over the hill at "86" . . I slowed down to about 50 when i spoted the hidden police car and rolled past them at that speed . . . . They follow with the lights and a handed out a gawd dymn ticket for $124.00.

This is my second speeding ticket on my license. So far, I have yet told the insurance company about my speeding tickets and my premium has stayed the same ever since even after a renewal.

Will this second ticket start to effect it??

Can / Should I fight the ticket??

- Hingkit

buh_buh
11-30-2002, 04:59 AM
call pointts.
that's what i do for all my tickets.

Ben
11-30-2002, 09:34 AM
Usually one ticket wont affect your insurance, but prepare for an increase anywhere from 10-100% pending on your insurance company for this next one. Take BuhBuhs advice.

4wheeldrift
11-30-2002, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by hingkit

This is my second speeding ticket on my license. So far, I have yet told the insurance company about my speeding tickets and my premium has stayed the same ever since even after a renewal.
The insurance company knows, they find out regardless of whether you tell them or not. Regardless of what Pointts manages, you are likely to see an increase on your next renewal.

Dave P
11-30-2002, 11:54 AM
I think its different for every insurance company. My insurance company only finds out when you tell them. i almost had my plan revoked because i didnt know this.

Dave

GTS Jeff
11-30-2002, 11:55 AM
all pointts does is plea bargain with the prosecutor. ill do that for you for half the price they charge

hingkit
11-30-2002, 01:31 PM
Can I fight it myself because I hear ppl usually get no points deducted or even a cheaper fine? How does this process work then? Or would it be better to get points to fight it?

max_boost
11-30-2002, 02:39 PM
Just go talk to the crown prosecutor......a few guys on the boards have done that. They end up paying for the ticket but no demerits

hingkit
11-30-2002, 02:49 PM
I have read the postings on talking to the prosecutor . . . It seem like it would be my next step. . . . .

Where do I find this "crown prosecutor"?
Do I need an appointment?
How should I convince him to lower the ticket?

- Hingkit

max_boost
11-30-2002, 03:15 PM
7th Ave SE beside the Public Library is where you pay your tickets. From what I hear, the crown prosecutors office is right there. And again, from what I hear, all you have to do is give them reasons why you felt that you did not deserve the ticket etc BS, I don't know haha and it should work.......and again, this is from what I have gathered from others........

James
11-30-2002, 05:46 PM
Its a VERY simple process, your ticket shouldnt be TOO hard to fight, being 26 over..i made a couple huge posts about this not too long ago....Ive been Successfull every time!:thumbsup: ...sp far:rolleyes:

szw
11-30-2002, 05:50 PM
Yea its the "rocky mountain house" building I think.

Go in, turn right..line up and ask to speak to the crown prosecutor. Then you wait and he/she will call you in.

Mine was for a minor charge, not speeding. I sat down and said nothing, he said "Okay you have a charge for failure to obey traffic device, if you pay the 70 bucks I'll take off the demerits and make it R.O." I said okay and got up and left!

I was going to tell my story and try to get the whole ticket off, but he went through it so fast I just said whatever...I was in and out of his office in 20 seconds max.

SickBastard
11-30-2002, 05:55 PM
Pointts rules.

kenny
11-30-2002, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
all pointts does is plea bargain with the prosecutor. ill do that for you for half the price they charge

Not true :) my case went through a 45 minute trial and has been adjourned until Dec 11. :angel:

GTS Jeff
12-01-2002, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by kenny

Not true :) my case went through a 45 minute trial and has been adjourned until Dec 11. :angel: well not always, but for little tickets they wont put it thru the court process unless the prosecutor wont give them a deal

MistaBrent
12-01-2002, 06:23 PM
i have 2 court dates in april.

i thought points would get me off no sweat.

these are from my speeding days. now everyone passes me :confused:

SilverRex
12-01-2002, 10:58 PM
does it count as a ticket towards you if it waz a photo radar? kuz it could have been anyone driving it but not me ??

kenny
12-01-2002, 11:07 PM
Photo Radar = Registered owner ticket. No point fighting those, pay up since theres no demerits.

MerfBall
12-03-2002, 01:50 AM
Insurance rates are going up again this year. So fight it if u can.

Pole Position
12-05-2002, 10:40 PM
I thought that surcharge only applies to the tickets after the 3rd one within 3 years? I'm currenty sitting on 3 tickets (all speeding), one each year (damn it).

I was talking to my insurance company last month, and that was what he said. As long as not more than 3 tickets, it is fine.

Correct me if I'm wrong though.

hingkit
12-06-2002, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by Pole Position
I thought that surcharge only applies to the tickets after the 3rd one within 3 years? I'm currenty sitting on 3 tickets (all speeding), one each year (damn it).

I was talking to my insurance company last month, and that was what he said. As long as not more than 3 tickets, it is fine.

Correct me if I'm wrong though.

I heard the same from some poeple but if i can advoid even "two" it would be great . . . . . . not sure if its two or three for sure though

Fuji
12-06-2002, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by hingkit
I have read the postings on talking to the prosecutor . . . It seem like it would be my next step. . . . .

Where do I find this "crown prosecutor"?
Do I need an appointment?
How should I convince him to lower the ticket?

- Hingkit

Break out the kneepads.... that's what Leo does....:rofl:

silverEL
12-07-2002, 01:32 AM
whats the number for points?

ninspeed
12-08-2002, 05:29 PM
when you call pointts let them know you are from beyond.. peter took a large chunk off my bill when i told him that :D he must know buhbuh and kenny really well :D (j/k)
Pointts: 262-1455
they are in the same bulding as the traffic court on 7th ave and macleod trail

GTS Jeff
12-08-2002, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by ninspeed
when you call pointts let them know you are from beyond.. peter took a large chunk off my bill when i told him that :D he must know buhbuh and kenny really well :D (j/k)
Pointts: 262-1455
they are in the same bulding as the traffic court on 7th ave and macleod trail yea they probably do that cuz we give them lots of business haha

fachie
12-10-2002, 12:46 AM
im in the same boat i got 8 tickets 3 speeding mabey it has to do with the fact that leo was my driving instructor ha ha ha.But my last ticket i got i want to fight because the cop saw all my other tickets and told me i should go fight it.so mabey i was givin a hint,I dont know any ideas?:dunno:

LUDELVR
12-10-2002, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by sivikish
im in the same boat i got 8 tickets 3 speeding mabey it has to do with the fact that leo was my driving instructor ha ha ha.But my last ticket i got i want to fight because the cop saw all my other tickets and told me i should go fight it.so mabey i was givin a hint,I dont know any ideas?:dunno:

didn't you learn anything from my classes? hahahahah, I told you, only hit on the officer if it's one of the opposite sex!!!! :rofl: :rofl: