PDA

View Full Version : Accident last night involcing two Indians…

Skylinelover
11-11-2004, 12:19 PM
Did any one read about that and how the gravel truck hit the two Indians as they were hitch hiking?

Well I feel bad because me and my mom could of saved there lives by picking them up.

vegas2005baby
11-11-2004, 12:23 PM
lol, harsh.

Melinda
11-11-2004, 12:26 PM
CITYBEAT - CITY OF CALGARY PRESS RELEASE
-----------------------------------------------------------------

At 1745hrs on November 10,04 2 male pedestrians were killed
when they were struck by a large dump truck that was
travelling southbound on Macleod Tr in the 180000blk.

Initial investigations have the 2 males either walking or
standing on the west side curb lane of Macleod Tr at a point
approximately 1 km south of highway 22X. The dump truck was
southbound on Macleod Tr and was traveling in the curb lane
preparing to turn into a driveway when it struck the 2 males
who were pronounced dead at the scene.

Alcohol is not considered a factor in the collision and
investigations into this collision are continuing.

The medical examiners office will release the names of the
deceased males. Neither of the victims are believed to have
fixed adresses and are aged 38yrs and 42 yrs.

-30-

86max
11-11-2004, 01:42 PM
I drove past it last night, there were so many police cars it looked like a UFO had landed. All I saw was a gravel truck with dozens of those crime scene markers behind it.

They probably weren't wearing any clothing that made them the least bit visble at night, and I find it hard to believe that they didn't notice a huge truck coming up to them. When they say no alcohol was involved, was it on the drivers' part, or the hitchhikers'? Granted the truck may have pulled into the curb to turn, I still can't help but feel a little sorry for him, now having to live with the fact that he killed two people, even though he couldn't see them.

How do you know they were native? You passed them prior to the accident? I 've had intoxicated natives walk out in the middle of the road in front of me on a couple occasions. 37th street is really bad for that, round about woodbine. One time, this woman wouldn't even get off the road:eek:

xkon
11-11-2004, 02:16 PM
ahhhh i saw that too on macleod... poor guys

statick
11-11-2004, 05:08 PM
sucks to hear that, rip.

Johnny C
11-11-2004, 05:29 PM
Is there a better way for you to refer to them rather than 'Indians'?

kaput
11-11-2004, 06:35 PM

cloud7
11-12-2004, 12:46 AM
man, truckers have been involved in so many fatal collisions lately...

Here is my take on the situation... if the trucker drove on the shoulder at any speed higher than say 60 km/h for any great, then he is screwed... Shoulders are not driving lane... you are not allowed to drive on it unless you have a decent reason such as slowing down to change a tire or something.

I hate to hear news like this...

shakalaka
11-12-2004, 12:49 AM
For some reason I have a feeling that the truck driver will get away with very little or no charges!!

Skylinelover
11-12-2004, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by 86max
You passed them prior to the accident?
Umm actually I did.

Euro_Trash
11-12-2004, 03:33 AM
Holy crap I passed that and we just thought it was a check point for truckers or something, had no idea it was that serious

86max
11-12-2004, 08:15 AM
On Global this morning, it said they were in fact native, and they had been wondering in and out of traffic:rolleyes:

Darwinism at work again.

Xtrema
11-12-2004, 08:27 AM
^ Nothing to feel bad about then.

They got it coming.

And lucky any of you didn't pick them up or the dead ones would be you - also it's illegal to pick up hitch hiker within city limit anyway.

digitalshogun
11-12-2004, 01:53 PM
lol ... hope you're never hit by a car when you're walking. The irony would be to much.

teamPRO
11-12-2004, 02:03 PM
today i went to walmart to pick some shit up and there was this one native guy. He was fucken tanked, when he stumbled out the door he almost got hit by a car. :eek:

Skylinelover
11-12-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by teamPRO
today i went to walmart to pick some shit up and there was this one native guy. He was fucken tanked, when he stumbled out the door he almost got hit by a car. :eek:

Shawnesse I am guessing?

Xtrema
11-12-2004, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by digitalshogun
lol ... hope you're never hit by a car when you're walking. The irony would be to much.

If I'm drunk and jump in front of a car, I deserve it too.

B17a
11-12-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Johnny C
Is there a better way for you to refer to them rather than 'Indians'?

indiginous people?

Cueman
11-12-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by cloud7
Here is my take on the situation... if the trucker drove on the shoulder at any speed higher than say 60 km/h for any great, then he is screwed... Shoulders are not driving lane... you are not allowed to drive on it unless you have a decent reason such as slowing down to change a tire or something.

Or how about slowing down to turn into a driveway? Getting out of the way of cars behind you in the normal flow of traffic? Seems like a courteous thing to me.

Nevertheless... pretty shitty thing.

SinisterProbeGt
11-12-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by teamPRO

Natural Selection:dunno:

ninspeed
11-12-2004, 05:55 PM
they where at my work around 12:00 that day (glenmore/mac trail)

cycosis
11-13-2004, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by SinisterProbeGt

Natural Selection:dunno:

:rofl: :rofl: wooo for darwin

JCX
11-13-2004, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by shakalaka
For some reason I have a feeling that the truck driver will get away with very little or no charges!!

He shouldn't be charged IMO. The guys were wandering off and on the road.

Lo Pro
11-13-2004, 02:38 PM
yeah the truck did absolutley nothing wrong in fact he did everything right he called 911 right after it happened, the indians were stupid enough to be wandering in and out of traffic and he did have a reason to pull into the side lane and that was to avoid having someone rear end him thats my take on it

theken
11-13-2004, 03:09 PM

see truck drivers have a lose lose, almost every driver hates being behind or around them, and can't wait to blast in front of them and make the driver so down, so he is turning and goes into the shoulder so that most likely he isn't slowing down traffic and people don't like that either
:dunno:

cloud7
11-13-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Cueman

Or how about slowing down to turn into a driveway? Getting out of the way of cars behind you in the normal flow of traffic? Seems like a courteous thing to me.

Nevertheless... pretty shitty thing.

Technically you cannot drive on the shoulder to slow down to turn into a driveway. It is marked as a shoulder (and not a driving lane or turning lane) for a reason. I do understand that the driver may have done it to be courteous.. however, in this case, it is definitely the wrong thing to do. He was travelling on the shoulder where disabled cars, cyclists, or pedestrians could be... and he was definitely travelling too fast to stop in time for any these variables. Like the police said after the crash, the onus should be on the driver to see the pedestrians that are on the shoulder.

88CRX
11-13-2004, 10:37 PM
Like the police said after the crash, the onus should be on the driver to see the pedestrians that are on the shoulder.

on the highway, outside the city, at night.