PDA

View Full Version : PayPal experience

pr0
11-11-2004, 01:29 PM
So I opened up a PayPal account a few months back, verified it, sold a bunch of items, no problem, got a six (6) RATING and today all of a sudden I get an email saying "Notification of Limited Account Access" (below is the email)

I've got about 300 bucks in my account, they say I cannot do anything with it. Only add money from my bank/credit card. WTF why would I want to add $$ if I can't pay or widthdraw. :dunno:

I just logged in now, it says I have to provide them with EVERY tracking number for every item I sold for the past 4 months. Half the damn items I sent with just regular post no tracking. They also want "Proof of inventory" for every item I sold. What the heck does this mean? I don't even have the items anymore!!

What the hell do I do? I don't want to be out 300 dollars and a bunch of shit I sent out.

PS: Nobody's even filed a complaint against me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Pr0,

PayPal is committed to maintaining a safe environment for its community of
buyers and sellers. To protect the security of your account, PayPal employs
some of the most advanced security systems in the world and our anti-fraud
teams regularly screen the PayPal system for unusual activity.

Recently, our Account Review Team identified some unusual activity in your
account. In accordance with PayPal's User Agreement and to ensure that your
account has not been compromised, access to your account was limited. Your
account access will remain limited until this issue has been resolved. This
is a fraud prevention measure meant to ensure that your account is not
compromised.

In order to secure your account and quickly restore full access, we may
require some specific information from you for the following reason:

We have received more than one report of suspicious behavior from your
buyers.

Case ID Number: PP-055-196-321
We encourage you to log in and restore full access as soon as possible.
Should access to your account remain limited for an extended period of
time, it may result in further limitations on the use of your account or
may result in eventual account closure.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. Please understand that
this is a security measure meant to help protect you and your account. We
apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,
PayPal Account Review Department

PayPal Email ID PP522

Mckenzie
11-11-2004, 01:31 PM
Cal their stupid service line. You will have to pay (read: not tool free :( ) for it and wait forever but it will eventually be worked out. It is much better than communicating with them by email

I cant stand paypal...:thumbsdow

Ferio_vti
11-11-2004, 01:37 PM
Ask them what they mean by:
"We have received more than one report of suspicious behavior from your buyers. "

If you your buyers have agreed buy things from you, why are they complaining to paypal about 'suspicious behavior??

What have you been selling??

Can you still send money??

roopi
11-11-2004, 01:39 PM
goto https://www.paypal.com and try logging in to see if the money is in your account.

I always get e-mails like that. They are scams. Don't click the links in them either. They usually direct you to a different site.

Jynx
11-11-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by roopi
goto https://www.paypal.com and try logging in to see if the money is in your account.

I always get e-mails like that. They are scams. Don't click the links in them either. They usually direct you to a different site.

I also get alot of emails from pay pal about stuff like this.....i wouldnt worry about it, just try and log in and withdraw the money..

pr0
11-11-2004, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by roopi

The email I got is actually from them. I can't widthdraw any money, send money or do anything except for add money. I'm going to fax them my drivers license and stuff as they requested and then give them a call. Hopefully it won't be a huge delay because people are trying to pay me for items that just ended and they are getting a "This seller is currently unable to receive money" message.

:banghead:

But yea, I was selling various smaller end items, (an intake, ipod, some games, a bov, etc) nothing out of the ordanary... I'm just wondering why all off a sudden now?! This "We have received more than one report of suspicious behavior from your buyers" thing is bullshit, I remember people on an anti-paypal site who said something like this happening but I thought it was all out of hate...

Suspicious activity? :bullshit: I use my account like once every couple weeks just to widthdraw some money.

celica girl
11-11-2004, 03:28 PM
They want your drivers license?

but this is what they say on their website.

Never Give Out Personal Information

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep your PayPal account safe and secure; here are some tips every PayPal member should know:

Log in safely whenever you access your PayPal account; open a new web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer or Netscape) and type in the following: https://www.paypal.com/
PayPal emails will never ask you for personal information such as social security numbers, passwords, credit card or bank account numbers
Never download any attachments in a suspicious email
If you think that you have received a fraudulent email (or fake website link in an email), please forward the email (or URL address) to [email protected] and then delete the email from your mailbox. Visit our Security Center to learn more.

Ferio_vti
11-11-2004, 03:32 PM
Ask paypal to send you the complaints made about your 'suspicious activities'

Find out what has been said about you and who is complaining.

no_joke
11-11-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by celica girl
[B]They want your drivers license?

but this is what they say on their website.

Never Give Out Personal Information

Yeah, from what you've told us the whole thing does sound a bit fishy. You shouldn't have to give them your personal info. Calling them and talking to someone at Paypal is probably the best option.

Weapon_R
11-11-2004, 05:08 PM
I can't stand these thieves either. I have over 20 ratings, and now some guy lodged a complaint on my account. I KNOW I sent the items, but unfortunately, because of the cheap ground shipping I used, it doesn't have a tracking number.

I am given the option of either: Providing a tracking number or paying him back the full amount (meanwhile, he'll receive it sooner or later, and i will be left with fuck all)

Carfanman
11-11-2004, 06:03 PM
If they say they won't ask for personal info in there emails and you get an email supposedly from them asking for personal info then It's DEFINETLY a scam.

pr0
11-11-2004, 06:15 PM
I'm going to call them tomorrow, it is very messed up, I just saw their web site saying they NEVER ask for personal information yet now they are asking to fax a bunch of stuff (drivers license, phone bill, over 20 tracking numbers!) some of which is impossible to obtain (proof of inventory, wtf).

They say they have reports and what not from buyers yet I have no disputes. I don't understand.

Pics:
http://www3.telus.net/tmac/paypal

SpoonEK9@STRD
11-11-2004, 06:42 PM
dont send them any crazy personal information....
Log onto www.paypal.com click resolution center. see if asks for the same stuff...

some guys tried to scam me with paypal i reported them, and paypal seized there accounts just like they did with you... so one of the guys you sent to probably didnt recieve the product... so paypal needs tracking number with in 14 days or they will automaticly take money from you to pay the party that did not recieve the item....

its actually pretty good and has helped me out a couple times!!!

Ferio_vti
11-11-2004, 06:50 PM
Do you use a personal 'free' paypal account or a business account (ie. you can accept credit card)??

PH1PH1
11-11-2004, 07:37 PM
:thumbsdow crap .. i jus started a paypal account .. i duno if i wanna use it nemore ..

pr0
11-11-2004, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Ferio_vti
Do you use a personal 'free' paypal account or a business account (ie. you can accept credit card)??

Its a business account. What is even stupider, is I can't even refund people!! I'm not sending out the stuff for a couple items since the cash is locked so I tried refunding their money and it won't let me!!! :banghead:

So far this has been nothing but a hassle. Calling them right now... :D

Hopefully I can solve this today.

Jassie
11-11-2004, 08:52 PM
That's why I always transfer the payment to my bank account after somebody sends it to me.

Ferio_vti
11-12-2004, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by pr0

Its a business account. What is even stupider, is I can't even refund people!! I'm not sending out the stuff for a couple items since the cash is locked so I tried refunding their money and it won't let me!!! :banghead:

So far this has been nothing but a hassle. Calling them right now... :D

Hopefully I can solve this today.

Well, if you couldn't refund money, could you have just sent it back to them??

I had a business account for one transaction and that was it. One buyer from France had to pay with credit card, so I switched over once and went back to a personal account.

I figured there's too much risk with credit card fraud. And the fees for a business account sucks. And now you're getting investigated by paypal.

Wish you luck, hopefully you can clear things up ASAP. And switch back to a personal account too. The fact that you use a business account is probably why Paypal is investigating.

Carfanman
11-12-2004, 01:44 PM
Thats the stupidest thing I ever heard.

AllGoNoShow
11-12-2004, 05:40 PM
I use paypal personal account for alot of shit, no huge problems yet, one user hasnt left me a comment, but that will be fixed shortly, other then that its been going good for me :dunno: