PDA

View Full Version : need some advice

MenteL
11-11-2004, 10:42 PM
tomorrow i go to see the J.O.P at the rocky m.plaza.

127kmh in a posted 70, ive never had a bad ticket like this before, ever, been pulled over for speeding once 5 years ago almost, im going to say that the floormat got caught on the pedal and i couldnt get it off, and i panicked trying to push on the brakes but the car wouldnt slow down because the pedal was squished down by the floormat everytime i used the brake, or something along those lines. it is a pink ticket (court).....i can pay a fine, i can deal with demerits, i cannot have my liscense suspended. anybody have any advice and insight as to what may happen tomorrow?

max_boost
11-11-2004, 10:46 PM
Is that an automatic court appearance? Because I was told by the CP that any ticket that is 51 and over results in an apperance before the judge (recently changed). If that is your case, best of luck, I can't offer any advice. :(

My gf got a ticket for 100 in a 50 zone we managed to get that reduce to 2 demerits and a fine of $172. They changed the ticket to 'disobey traffic sign' or something.

MenteL
11-11-2004, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Is that an automatic court appearance? Because I was told by the CP that any ticket that is 51 and over results in an apperance before the judge (recently changed). If that is your case, best of luck, I can't offer any advice. :(

My gf got a ticket for 100 in a 50 zone we managed to get that reduce to 2 demerits and a fine of $172. They changed the ticket to 'disobey traffic sign' or something. im not going to trial, just to the justice of peace.

how did you get your girlfriends ticket lowered? 50km/h or + is usually a pink slip, no?

max_boost
11-11-2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by MenteL
im not going to trial, just to the justice of peace.

how did you get your girlfriends ticket lowered? 50km/h or + is usually a pink slip, no? They will automatically make you a deal and you should just accept it. Usually reduce your ticket (demerits) and reduce your fine ($). Most people accept the deal right there and get it over with by paying at the cashier. Unless you have an extremely good case (which I don't think you do) I wouldn't bother going to trial.

MenteL
11-11-2004, 11:07 PM
i hope they can make a deal, i really cant lose my liscense

BlackArcher101
11-11-2004, 11:14 PM
The JOP doesn't give a shit why you got the ticket. All he wants to hear is guilty or non-guilty. It's the prosector you want to talk to. I recommend not trying to tell any lame excuses like your floormat one. They don't work and they just ruin any chance you have of lowering the ticket.
Just plea bargain with the prosecutor.

Singel
11-12-2004, 01:13 AM
i hope they can make a deal, i really cant lose my liscense

i hope you can't make a deal, i really hope you lose your liscense. Lying in court is always a good idea though, let us know how that goes:rolleyes:

badseed
11-12-2004, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by BlackArcher101
The JOP doesn't give a shit why you got the ticket. All he wants to hear is guilty or non-guilty. It's the prosector you want to talk to. I recommend not trying to tell any lame excuses like your floormat one. They don't work and they just ruin any chance you have of lowering the ticket.
Just plea bargain with the prosecutor.

I'd have to strongly agree with this statement. Definietly don't use the floor mat excuse, it sounds pretty far fetched. These people deal with excuses for a living. Best of Luck.

Texas
11-12-2004, 11:17 AM
You would have a better chance saying your large left tiesticle was resting on the throttle.

ninjak84
11-12-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Texas
You would have a better chance saying your large left tiesticle was resting on the throttle.

haha

I used to know a buddy we nicknamed BLT.
He took a rough sports injury a few years back, and his left nut is now the size of a closed fist. No joke. So he got the nickname Big Left Testicle.

Haven't seen him for a couple years now though....

QuasarCav
11-12-2004, 11:34 AM
I think we all have that buddy, My friend was called "gigantinuts".

Back on topic: I fought a 95km/hr in a 50 zone and it was reduced to a "failure to obey traffic signs".

MenteL
11-12-2004, 02:33 PM
i just told him that the car had a new transmission installed (which i told the cop) and that the cruise control was acting up and sometimes it would be accelerating the car beyond my control, he reduced it to 50 over, now all i do is pay a fine....i keep my liscense :) :clap:

HillBilly
11-12-2004, 04:14 PM
i really cant lose my liscense

guess you shouldn't drive like a fucking idiot then.

BTW lie in court.... that will go over real well.

BlackArcher101
11-12-2004, 04:20 PM
i just told him that the car had a new transmission installed (which i told the cop) and that the cruise control was acting up and sometimes it would be accelerating the car beyond my control, he reduced it to 50 over, now all i do is pay a fine....i keep my liscense :) :clap:

:bullshit: I don't believe he fell for it. #1, who uses cruise control in the city. #2, They usually like to see proof and will tell you to get a check done on the car if it's a mechanical problem.

Otherwise, the guy must have had a lunchtime quickie with his anna kournikova lookalike wife before you talked with him. Either that or he hates his job and just doesn't give a shit anymore. Anyways, you got lucky. But if a fine is all you think you have now, wait till your insurance company finds the ticket. :D

MenteL
11-12-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by BlackArcher101

:bullshit: I don't believe he fell for it. #1, who uses cruise control in the city. #2, They usually like to see proof and will tell you to get a check done on the car if it's a mechanical problem.

Otherwise, the guy must have had a lunchtime quickie with his anna kournikova lookalike wife before you talked with him. Either that or he hates his job and just doesn't give a shit anymore. Anyways, you got lucky. But if a fine is all you think you have now, wait till your insurance company finds the ticket. :D did i forget to mention he wiped the demerits from 6 to 2? he bought my story, totally bought it. :) you guys can call me an idiot all you want, little do you all know i accepted responsibility for my actions, pleaded guilty, and i knew the consequences of my actions, i just got a little lucky

Ben
11-18-2004, 03:58 AM
I was wondering how this ended up.

How does the 50 over charge work with 2 demerits. The JOP cant determine how many demerits, it comes with the charge as a combo, with no substitutions.

He cant write you up on a 50 over and say "But I'll give you 2 demerits instead of 6?"

What was the Charge, and I would double check at the registry office...

Barkthisfuc*er
11-19-2004, 02:24 PM
I GOT GOOD ADVICE.........DON'T SPEED..........That usually works...and in court....tell them you were beating it....and you tried saving it from squriting all over the place........and just the intense time, you had the pedal down to the floor.

teamPRO
11-19-2004, 02:26 PM
^^^^^^ HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH:rofl:

africano
11-19-2004, 04:55 PM
One certified tech uses the best excuse:

He never rips around without his coveralls, and when a cop pulls him over for shunting or anything. He tells them that it's a customers car and it came in for a problem (makes shit up) like the back brakes locked up around corners. So as part of the diagnosis he had to drive it around.

Usually works, on his license it says certified tech. and his coveralls got his name on them.

For speeding he says this-and-this problem happens at this speed.

Most of the time the cop tells him it's not the best place to do these things, and he asks them where is a good place.

It's good, makes sense.