PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Surging Problem

dirty_magic
11-11-2004, 11:54 PM
Hi, I posted this on G2IC, but I havent really been able to solve the problem based on peoples advice, or my troubleshooting skills, which arent necessarily the greatest, but are usually the right idea. heres the thread http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106344&page=1&pp=20

The car starts fine, idles the same as before, which wasnt perfect, there is a slight bog every 12 seconds or so. When I engage the clutch, I notice it mostly in first, the lights dim and all my accessories shut off, then turn back on as soon as Im at about 2500-3000. The problem exists with or without lots of draw on the battery, but of course is worstened by the draw. Ive changed all my main grounds (engine to chassis, battery to tranny, tranny to chassis.) Ive checked all fuses, as well as ran all new power wires. I know this has to be an electrical problem.

The vehicle is a 1990 Acura Integra GS with a B16A, which im sure is irrelevant. What might be relevant is that I have a stereo, a 900.1 Phoenix Gold amp, a PG Capacitor, etc etc. Ive gotten lots of help, and Im sure its good that Im checking all of this stuff, but Im getting fed up, its been like 3 weeks since Ive been able to drive my car anywhere, Ive had to use the cube van from work to drive to hockey and shopping and stuff.

Thanks in advance guys.

decyphex
11-14-2004, 09:40 PM
hmm.. I'm not exactly sure, but have you checked the alternator? I think that sounds like something that could cause this problem...

decyphex
11-14-2004, 09:44 PM
nvm, i see that you already replaced it.. I was also thinking that it might be that you're alternator doesn't have enough power for your system and everything else? There might be a shorted wire some where too, one that you just haven't found yet...?

decyphex
11-14-2004, 09:54 PM
I think the one person was right on your other thread, it might be the negative battery terminal, it might even be the batt itself? This is quite an interesting problem....:dunno: :confused: