PDA

View Full Version : CD Decks

Toms-Celica
11-30-2002, 01:49 PM
Hey guys!

Alright, Im a total rookie when shopping for CD decks. I've got about $250 to spend and Im looking for your suggestions. It needs to play CD's and not skip :D Thanks!

Ben
11-30-2002, 02:42 PM
JVC seems to have decent stuff at an economy price.

Toms-Celica
11-30-2002, 04:33 PM
Where is a good place to check them out?

infamous
11-30-2002, 04:45 PM
soundsaround, a&b sound, visions, futureshop...any of them should carry them!

SickBastard
11-30-2002, 05:56 PM
Pioneer is good.

redbaron303
12-01-2002, 12:27 AM
I also like sony, or jvc, or pioneer. Try to figure out what it is that you want to do, then do some research and make a decision in a little bit. Surely it can't be that pressing to buy one on impulse! Make sure you have it installed properlly; finally, personally I've been screwed by Futureshop twice on computer purchases so I wouldn't suggest dealing with them. I've had really good experiences from A&B sounds, so i'd suggest them... at least in edmonton!

ancient
12-01-2002, 01:09 AM
I work in Mobile Audio at the Shawnessy Future Shop...

Truley unless your doing some major stuff, a deck comes down to asthetics, what it looks like, for most thats the seller, because they all pretty much do the same thing, some have more pre-outs or can play mp3s, other than that, the difference in sound quality is minimal....

I suggest, pick some decks you think that look good to you. Then go from ther.

If you want, come see me names Graham, blond spikey hair.

Also im going by the average customer :)

Toms-Celica
12-01-2002, 12:38 PM
Yea man! Totally! I live 15 minutes away from there...

HRD2PLZ
12-01-2002, 02:04 PM
I really like my pioneer. I've dropped it a few times and it still works great. Can't say the same for the clarion I had before :D

Weapon_R
12-01-2002, 03:11 PM
I think ancient hit it exactly right - today, most cd decks have the same basic features and most have the same sound quality. Most cd decks are chosen based on looks, so go with that in mind. Whatever suits your car, whatever you think is the best, go for it.

That.Guy.S30
12-04-2002, 09:30 PM
get an alpine.. even their lower end shit is good man.. and please dont go buy a sony xplode deck or anyhtin like that.. they are a waste of money..

rage2
12-04-2002, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by HRD2PLZ
I really like my pioneer. I've dropped it a few times and it still works great. Can't say the same for the clarion I had before :D

Curious, how do you drop a deck that's installed in your car? :dunno:

Impreza
12-04-2002, 10:11 PM
alpine is the shit!! i dont regret buying an alpine at all!! i am completely satisfied

RickDaTuner
12-05-2002, 06:10 AM
yeah sony is poop for decks the Lasers wear out real Quick, mine wont even Read cd-r any more all it will play are real CD's on a good day, plus the skip some times, many of thier models dont have the antishock memory thing, sony trusts there Internal suspension desine(sp) more

That.Guy.S30
12-05-2002, 10:54 PM
but dude
if u can get ur hands on an old clarion deck.. then youll win the jackpot.. they are supposed to pick up ur cd like a cd player.. liek the shit u have at home.. those are real hard to find.. just stick with the alpine