PDA

View Full Version : Cars you shouldnt mod.

Pages : [1] 2

Carfanman
11-12-2004, 11:01 AM
Being new to cars and stuff, I was wondering what exactly makes a car one that would be bad to mod. Sometimes I'll metion a car that I think would be cool to mod and someones like, no dont mod that car would suck. So I wanted to know what is the difference between a car that would be good to mod and a car that wouldn't.

Neil4Speed
11-12-2004, 11:03 AM
Saturns haha :rofl:

atomic
11-12-2004, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed

i know a turbocharged (including internals) saturn in red deer that would make u think twice about that comment.

personally the more unusual/rare car and motor you can modify for increased performance intrigues me the most. I'd love to see a big hp echo blow me out of the water . now that'd be exciting!

86max
11-12-2004, 11:06 AM
Anything has potential. Just depends on how much you're willing to spend, and the difficulty of the modding. People over here probably wouldn't mod a Lada because parts are harder to get, theres not much public knowledge on them, and it would probably cost alot to get custom parts made, for theres not much of an aftermarket for them (I think:nut: ) Just mod whatever you want. Be different if you like, or jump on a bandwagon. It's all up to you.

QuasarCav
11-12-2004, 11:08 AM
Cars that have a good aftermarket, cars that respond well to mods.

Dont mod a 1987 K-car.

B17a
11-12-2004, 11:09 AM
Mini vans. They are ugly enough!:thumbsdow

civicrider
11-12-2004, 11:13 AM
sunfires, :barf: do i need to say anything else?

Kaos
11-12-2004, 11:19 AM
Depends on what you mean by modding.
Engine-wise, any car would be good.
Body-wise.... it depends.
I've seen some clashing of old school cav's with ugly kits.
:nut:

Khyron
11-12-2004, 12:06 PM
Some cars have more aftermarket part support than others. Look for Honda suspension kits and you'll get more than a few, compared to say, a Subaru legacy wagon. Also cars that share standards with other models (engine swaps easier when the engine drops right in).

In Calgary, we have a pretty big VW only shop so VWs are good to mod here. :D

Khyron

finboy
11-12-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by 86max
Anything has potential. Just depends on how much you're willing to spend, and the difficulty of the modding. People over here probably wouldn't mod a Lada because parts are harder to get, theres not much public knowledge on them, and it would probably cost alot to get custom parts made, for theres not much of an aftermarket for them (I think:nut: ) Just mod whatever you want. Be different if you like, or jump on a bandwagon. It's all up to you.

:werd: i personally chose my car because to my knowledge there is no one else doing one in town, and i won't get hassled by the police for having a modified car because you can't see ANY of the mods ;)

Originally posted by B17a
Mini vans. They are ugly enough!:thumbsdow

taste is subjective ;) some think going fast is looking good, my buddy has a minivan with a t3/t4 hybrid, massive injectors, 3 inch exhaust, and quite the nice intercooler. it wouldn't suprise me if his van walked away from my car in the straight line, but something tells me i'll fly by him in the corners (koni's and GC's ;))

Gspotracer
11-12-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
Dont mod a 1987 K-car.

:werd: Thats what I was going to say, not just 87, but any K-car

240droptop
11-12-2004, 12:34 PM
As long as you stay away from cavy's. Almost anything is modable, some cars might just be more work than others. Make your car to ow you like it ignor the rest.:burnout:

rage2
11-12-2004, 12:39 PM
It's solely dependant on budget. If you have a lot of money, anything can be done. If you have a budget, stick with the most common platforms where aftermarket support is plentiful, such as Civics.

teamPRO
11-12-2004, 01:52 PM
kia's. dont go near kia's

Wrath
11-12-2004, 02:02 PM
This K-car runs 10's

http://www.thedodgegarage.com/reliant/reliant_1.jpg

rice_eater
11-12-2004, 02:23 PM
more power to the imaginative ;)

Texas
11-12-2004, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Wrath
This K-car runs 10's

http://www.thedodgegarage.com/reliant/reliant_1.jpg IS that your killer K car that takes 10 seconds to spool up at the starting line? so cool... I always wondered how fast it would be if the had to dead start that thing. IF Im not mistaken a girl drives it? and it says killer k car on it? I want to race it from a light without letting it spool upfor five fucking minutes.

BerserkerCatSplat
11-12-2004, 03:38 PM
Unless you want the ultimate sleeper, don't mod a Lada!

rockym20
11-12-2004, 03:52 PM
I agree on the Kia thing, but only pre-2004. The 2004 and newer models use Hyundai engines and components, which have a decent aftermarket available for them.

cavb0i
11-12-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by 240droptop
As long as you stay away from cavy's. Almost anything is modable, some cars might just be more work than others. Make your car to ow you like it ignor the rest.:burnout:

wuts wrong with cavs? mine isnt 2 fast but still its "quicker" than most cars out dere

toyboy88
11-12-2004, 04:02 PM
sunfire's :barf:

QuasarCav
11-12-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by toyboy88
sunfire's :barf:

2003 Mercedes 4matics:barf: :barf:

J/K, why all the hate on sunfires? An ecotec with a GM blower could shut down alot of civics.

Texas
11-12-2004, 04:09 PM
Neons..but unfortunately they made an SRT-4 so that makes it ok for other roachcoaches to try and look fast.

finboy
11-12-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Texas
IS that your killer K car that takes 10 seconds to spool up at the starting line? so cool... I always wondered how fast it would be if the had to dead start that thing. IF Im not mistaken a girl drives it? and it says killer k car on it? I want to race it from a light without letting it spool upfor five fucking minutes.

that one is owned by gary donovan and it has a pretty streetable turbo, but its running 39+ psi

the killer k-car is owned by a local guy and it runs 13's, his wife drives it at the track.

as for not doing k-car's, why not? 11 inch brakes, koni suspension, and bigger sway bars bolt right in, and some of them came turbo from the factory :burnout:

civic_stylez
11-12-2004, 05:58 PM
im not a fan of nissan pulsars...every one i see that someone has tried to do up, they always look like shit....:thumbsdow

el_fefes
11-12-2004, 07:00 PM
Multi's haha...it would be interesting to see a 12s Multi tho...:burnout: you just need to spend a lot of money. So if money is not an issue mod something that no one has before

finboy
11-12-2004, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by civic_stylez
im not a fan of nissan pulsars...every one i see that someone has tried to do up, they always look like shit....:thumbsdow

jdm pulsar GTiR, sr20, awd, and gt28 dual ball bearing turbo :thumbsup: :burnout:

1badPT
11-12-2004, 07:06 PM
One of a kind cars are the only thing that shouldn't be modded IMO, everything else is fair game :thumbsup:

delsol_rockstar
11-12-2004, 07:34 PM
Dont Mod Neons...just dont

ex1z7
11-13-2004, 12:04 AM
I'd like to see someone mod more porsches :) Woot to Rage2 :) I quite dislike people modifying Lancers and Mirages. No matter how many stickers you put on your 2 door lancer, and how many Evo bodykit pieces, it's not going to be an evo buddy :thumbsdow

cycosis
11-13-2004, 12:39 AM
theres a sick purple neon going round town, i would have to disagree, u can make into pretty nice show cars. power wise, im not too sure though. DONT MOD AN AZTEC!!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!:D

240droptop
11-13-2004, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by cavb0i

wuts wrong with cavs? mine isnt 2 fast but still its "quicker" than most cars out dere

cavy are import wana be's even toyota felt stupid hence why the put the chevy name on it

JCX
11-13-2004, 01:39 AM
Neons..but unfortunately they made an SRT-4 so that makes it ok for other roachcoaches to try and look fast.

What a retard. The first gen Neons were well known to rip up the autocross and SCCA circuits. They used to have factory backing. Not to mention there was a street driven Neon in the 10's before the SRT-4 was even a concept.

Saying don't mod a Neon is like saying don't mod a Civic. You are aware they're both econoboxes right? :rolleyes:

finboy
11-13-2004, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by delsol_rockstar
Dont Mod Neons...just dont

you can put a 2.4 into a neon, turbocharge them with great success, and they handle amazingly, why would you not want to mod one?

oh wait, it doesn't look as pretty as a honda so there is no point in moding one :rolleyes:

three.eighteen.
11-13-2004, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by atomic

i know a turbocharged (including internals) saturn in red deer that would make u think twice about that comment.

personally the more unusual/rare car and motor you can modify for increased performance intrigues me the most. I'd love to see a big hp echo blow me out of the water . now that'd be exciting!

seen one before on the internet, either had a zz swap or FI, couldnt find a link though,

statick
11-13-2004, 08:14 AM
more or less u can mod anything. i say mod what u think is nice, regardless of what others may think. but my preference is that if ur goin for power, econobxoes arent teh best option, but still doable. as for looks, its completely preferential from ur own point of view.

Go4Long
11-13-2004, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by cycosis
theres a sick purple neon going round town, i would have to disagree, u can make into pretty nice show cars. power wise, im not too sure though. DONT MOD AN AZTEC!!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!:D

if you're talkin about the one I think you are then that guy put a sick amount of money into the motor and it just barely beat my pretty much stock spec V...

Originally posted by cab0i
mine isnt 2 fast but still its "quicker" than most cars out dere

no matter what your mom tells you...16's are not fast.

abyss
11-13-2004, 12:39 PM
"Yugo.....whattya do?" HAHAHA maybe if he'd modded that Yugo he would've been able to jump the bridge!

* I hope at least SOME of you have seen that commercial so I don't look like a total retard. *:rofl: :rofl:

pinoyhero
11-13-2004, 12:45 PM
This K-car runs 10's

Who cares its a POS.

Go4Long
11-13-2004, 04:49 PM
:werd: ^^^

finboy
11-13-2004, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by pinoyhero

Who cares its a POS.

Originally posted by Go4Long
:werd: ^^^

its called a sleeper, not everyone needs their car to scream out for attention
:rolleyes:

Go4Long
11-13-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by finboy

its called a sleeper, not everyone needs their car to scream out for attention
:rolleyes:

it's called an economy car...it was never designed to go fast, it was designed to be purchased used for whatever you might happen to have in your wallet, driven, get good gas mileage, break, get donated to the kidney foundation.

finboy
11-13-2004, 05:09 PM

it's called an economy car...it was never designed to go fast, it was designed to be purchased used for whatever you might happen to have in your wallet, driven, get good gas mileage, break, get donated to the kidney foundation.

funny, because they came with a motor that wasn't designed for taking the abuse of a turbo, and could easily be made to handle and stop, so just because it was designed for economy it shouldn't be fast :dunno:

worst logic evAr

btw, didn't you used to drive a sentra? damn economy cars :devil:

Go4Long
11-13-2004, 05:14 PM
yup...2.5L sentra...before that I drove an 89 Camaro IROC 350(which my sentra was only slightly slower than)...now I drive a 1.3L that would hand them both their ass(kinda going down the displacement scale I guess)

as much as I see your argument. I am just saying, K cars are the laughing stock of the automotive community, I don't care if ya make one run 6's, I'll still laugh cus it's a K car.

Jeevin
11-13-2004, 06:57 PM

J/K, why all the hate on sunfires? An ecotec with a GM blower could shut down alot of civics.

Most cars can shut down a civic.

:rofl:

Gspotracer
11-13-2004, 07:32 PM
This K-car runs 10's

Wow, what a waste of money

PGTze
11-13-2004, 07:51 PM
Mod whatever you want, there will always be haters. This thread is just gonna turn into one big flame war. I predict it will be closed whithin a couple of days.

dkny_stylez
11-13-2004, 10:24 PM
j bodies:thumbsdow

Weapon_R
11-13-2004, 10:34 PM
Hondas :thumbsdow

Go4Long
11-13-2004, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Hondas :thumbsdow

psssst...acuras are hondas...don't tell anyone I told you:poosie:

Kenny_boy
11-14-2004, 02:13 AM
Don't mod a ford tempo, or any domestic hatchback

method
11-14-2004, 02:34 AM
any car that no one else approves of.

finboy
11-14-2004, 02:34 AM
yup...2.5L sentra...before that I drove an 89 Camaro IROC 350(which my sentra was only slightly slower than)...now I drive a 1.3L that would hand them both their ass(kinda going down the displacement scale I guess)

as much as I see your argument. I am just saying, K cars are the laughing stock of the automotive community, I don't care if ya make one run 6's, I'll still laugh cus it's a K car.

laughing at a fast car is ignorant IMO, if someone can shave 10 seconds off the stock 1/4 mile (cutting it in HALF) i think that is VERY deserving of respect

Originally posted by Gspotracer

Wow, what a waste of money

read above

pure ignorance :thumbsdow

Gspotracer
11-14-2004, 03:14 AM

laughing at a fast car is ignorant IMO, if someone can shave 10 seconds off the stock 1/4 mile (cutting it in HALF) i think that is VERY deserving of respect

read above

pure ignorance :thumbsdow

I've had 2 K-cars, can't say anything good about them, don't care how fast they go:thumbsdow not ignorance, speaking of personal experience, huge waste of money

dieselpower91
11-14-2004, 04:16 AM
Sleepers are great! I'm deciding between a GTP or a Regal GS.
Like the Regal cause it looks like a grandpa car but is damn near as fast as the GTP and will accept all the same engine mods! :devil:

Ohh yeah, don't mod an import.. "their a waste of money"

Modding any car is a waste of money! Mod what you want. It comes down to doing the research, finding what you like and working with it. All the people who try to tell everyone their car is a POS or a waste of money should go ride a city bus!:guns:

phat97yukon
11-14-2004, 04:47 AM
Hey all i gotta say is :thumbsup: for anyone who is willin to mod a K car to be a sleeper... there is a couple in calgary and you would be suprised untill they will blow your fawkin doors off... ive learned this a few weeks ago with a lil new yorker... and im not afraid to admit to it... i gave him the good ol :thumbsup:.

But pretty much mod any car ya want, anyway you want.. if you wanna go to town on a LADA or a Yugo, go for it just be tasteful ... it would atlest be diffrent than a riced out civic / J body / or thug ride like that, that everyone has and are all done the same way pretty much... there is the few clean lookin ones ive seen around town and :thumbsup: for the good taste...

Freebs
11-14-2004, 05:04 AM
dont know why alot of you hate the fact of modding sunfires/cavaliers.. whats the difference between them and a civic? stock to stock cavaliers and sunfires would win hands down... plus civics cost more... :dunno: personaly i got nothing against civics they are nice cars... just dont know why people think they are soo much better then cavalier/sunfires

dieselpower91
11-14-2004, 05:06 AM
Didn't you get the Memo?

[All domestics are garbage! They should all be burned like the ferrari's in the fire! Cause Imports are the coolest thing around and everyone has one.]:drama:

hyperwhite
11-14-2004, 05:39 AM
i'd like to see a really clean resto-mod 1st gen civic. actually, a running 1st gen civ would be cool to see :rofl:

RSRT-4
11-14-2004, 09:46 AM
Bad Site to post this ?? on if it isn't a honda it shouldn't be modded to most of the people on this site , Just buy a car you like , but if your intention is to mod it do a little research on it to see what is around to mod the car . If ya wanta be like every other car on the road buy a honda and mod it

Kenny_boy
11-14-2004, 12:33 PM
^:werd:

finboy
11-14-2004, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Gspotracer

I've had 2 K-cars, can't say anything good about them, don't care how fast they go:thumbsdow not ignorance, speaking of personal experience, huge waste of money

i've owned 2 vw's and they were bigger peices of shit then my spirit/omni/daytona, i guess ALL vw's are bigger pos' then 80's dodges then aren't they? :rolleyes:

Carfanman
11-14-2004, 02:54 PM
I'm not really askin what everyone likes or doesnt like, although my origianl question sounded like it, guess I didn't phrase it good.
I've heard that some cars are just wrong to mod. For example a rollsroyce or a ferrari. I'm asking what is it about a car that makes it bad to mod, not what specific cars are bad to mod. :)

86max
11-14-2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by hyperwhite
i'd like to see a really clean resto-mod 1st gen civic. actually, a running 1st gen civ would be cool to see :rofl:

:werd: I love those cars. Don't see too many around.

I don't think any modification on a car is a waste of money, obviously the person did it for a reason. Who is anyone else to say it's a waste:dunno:

LancerShelby
11-14-2004, 09:03 PM
yup...2.5L sentra...before that I drove an 89 Camaro IROC 350(which my sentra was only slightly slower than)...now I drive a 1.3L that would hand them both their ass(kinda going down the displacement scale I guess) So you run 15.0's all day long?

BumpinTalon
11-14-2004, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by LancerShelby
So you run 15.0's all day long?

going slow never gets old!!
you can mod whatever the hell you want to. this forum is full of anti-Honda (me)/anti-domestic/anti-J-body/anti-everything/anti-not-JDM people and you are never going to get a good answer to any question that does not have some hard facts involved (like an actual techical question). An opened-ended question like this one... is just going to turn into an argument. already has.

speaking about this whole cheap 80s dodge thing, there is some guy on this forum that has his 80s Dodge up to 600+whp (I think, anyway, that was like the middle of summer he posted a REAL dyno sheet) that is probably going to be the fastest import in Alberta if he ever can get it down the entire track. what up now? If I was smart, I would have bought a cheap 80s Dodge and spent the $6,500 in change on going crazy fast.

finboy
11-14-2004, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by BumpinTalon

speaking about this whole cheap 80s dodge thing, there is some guy on this forum that has his 80s Dodge up to 600+whp (I think, anyway, that was like the middle of summer he posted a REAL dyno sheet) that is probably going to be the fastest import in Alberta if he ever can get it down the entire track. what up now? If I was smart, I would have bought a cheap 80s Dodge and spent the $6,500 in change on going crazy fast.

it wasn't quite 600 fwhp, but it is still an amazing car.

it was built for next to nothing but 90_shelby and his brother did ALL the work on that car and it is one of the most impressive cars in calgary IMO.

BumpinTalon
11-14-2004, 11:11 PM

it wasn't quite 600 fwhp, but it is still an amazing car.

it was built for next to nothing but 90_shelby and his brother did ALL the work on that car and it is one of the most impressive cars in calgary IMO.

nice stuff. biggest sleeper on the streets imo. except for the huuuge rollcage, but you know, they could bolt a TV onto it somewhere and everyone would just think it's a showcage in a ricer car.

finboy
11-14-2004, 11:24 PM
there is another daytona that runs 12's and looks bone stock as well. turbo dodges are a great car to learn about turbo's with as you can buy them for next to NOTHING (i got my spirit for $500) and if you blow something up, they made over 1,000,000 of them so parts aren't exactly hard to find.

you can even make them look nice, such as boost infested's old daytona or lancer shelby's car :thumbsup: :burnout:

Go4Long
11-15-2004, 09:21 AM
So you run 15.0's all day long?

high 13's actually...never said my car was fast...just depends on what ya compare it to I guess...

there's a daytona in town that was running some pretty sick amounts of boost, ran into him on glenmore trail at like 1 am one night, he was quick, but the car looked like a heap(sleeper right;) ) I believe that a guy named chris that drives a red neon with a black trunk did a lot of the work on that one.

finboy
11-15-2004, 11:10 AM

high 13's actually...never said my car was fast...just depends on what ya compare it to I guess...

there's a daytona in town that was running some pretty sick amounts of boost, ran into him on glenmore trail at like 1 am one night, he was quick, but the car looked like a heap(sleeper right;) ) I believe that a guy named chris that drives a red neon with a black trunk did a lot of the work on that one.

what colour of daytona?

as far as i know there are only 2 or 3 runnin enough boost to be considered insane, and i don't think chris has worked on any of them.

most of the turbo dodges look like heaps becasue people don't bother maintaining them as they think they are just disposable, many people in town have proved otherwise for the k-based dodges.

Primer_Drift
11-15-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed

Damn you should have told Lisa Kubo that.. she set the Pro FWD E.T. record (in 2003) with a 8.028 second pass in her saturn..

then again.. it was sponsered by APC - North America's largest producer of instant rice, next to Uncle Ben's.

Go4Long
11-15-2004, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Primer_Drift
Damn you should have told Lisa Kubo that.. she set the Pro FWD E.T. record (in 2003) with a 8.028 second pass in her saturn..

that car isn't a saturn...it has a saturn body, that's it.

I believe that daytona was either dark blue or black, never saw it during the day.

LancerShelby
11-15-2004, 07:40 PM
All 80's an early 90's dodge FWD cars are junk, I'll admit that with no hesitation, BUT they served a purpose and did what they were designed to....be affordable, reliable and to get Chrysler out of the hole back in the late 70's and early 80's. The only thing is they held onto that design for too long and tried to improve on other things like power and looks instead of the chassis. I like my car for lots of reasons, it's affordable, it's reliable cause I put good money into it, it's useful(4 doors), is fast for a sedan, and it looks totally different than every other car out there. Would I like a new car, sure, do I need one, nope.

Go4Long
11-15-2004, 07:54 PM
I wasn't knockin the cars for not being fast(don't get me wrong there)...and I give ya props for pushin the K to those kinda numbers...it's just funny cus it's a k car...either way...in a race you would beat me by a little over half a second(if we both had our best runs)...ask a girl which car she'd rather ride in though... :devil: jokes...ah well...

LancerShelby
11-15-2004, 08:33 PM
ask a girl which car she'd rather ride in though... :devil: jokes...ah well...
Sure but my back seat is bigger
:poosie: and much easier to clean up after(leather):bigpimp:

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/329000-329999/329838_8_full.jpg

Carfanman
11-15-2004, 09:05 PM
This isn't exactly going where I expected...
Can people please explain the answer to my rephrased question a few posts up.

BumpinTalon
11-15-2004, 09:07 PM
that question doesn't make much sense :dunno:

finboy
11-15-2004, 09:08 PM

Sure but my back seat is bigger
:poosie: and much easier to clean up after(leather):bigpimp:

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/329000-329999/329838_8_full.jpg

:werd:

my spirit has a 60X40 spil bench, that makes for a LOT of room :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

not to mention a sedan can seat 5 comfortably ;)

iceburns288
11-15-2004, 09:12 PM
Ferraris. Take a look at that ricer Ferrari that maqbar posted a while ago... you get my point.:barf: :barf:

Most modified Ferraris look really ugly, but some engine mods do well. Take a stock F40... convert to LM spec...:burnout: :burnout: But that's Oe-spec mods.

Carfanman
11-15-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by BumpinTalon
that question doesn't make much sense :dunno:

What doesn't make scence?

MK3HKS
11-15-2004, 09:24 PM
cars not to modify for performance:

-geo metro
-any saturn
-chevy sprint
-pontiac firefly
-any kia
-k-car
-honda civic
-any cadillac
-any buick
-any olds
-1st gen neons
-toyota tercel
-grand am
-toyota camry
-nissan pulsar
-sunfire
-cavalier
-bonneville
- 4 or 6 cylinder mustangs

finboy
11-15-2004, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by MK3HKS

-geo metro
-any saturn
-chevy sprint
-pontiac firefly
-any kia
-k-car
-honda civic
-any cadillac
-any buick
-any olds
-1st gen neons
-toyota tercel
-grand am
-toyota camry
-nissan pulsar
-sunfire
-cavalier
-bonneville

you know so little about cars :rofl:

MK3HKS
11-15-2004, 09:33 PM

you know so little about cars :rofl:

Ha.:rolleyes:

Carfanman
11-15-2004, 09:35 PM

-geo metro
-any saturn
-chevy sprint
-pontiac firefly
-any kia
-k-car
-honda civic
-any cadillac
-any buick
-any olds
-1st gen neons
-toyota tercel
-grand am
-toyota camry
-nissan pulsar
-sunfire
-cavalier
-bonneville

It helps if you explain what it is about those cars that mean it shouldn't be modded. Specifically.

finboy
11-15-2004, 09:43 PM

Ha.:rolleyes:

well, you posted a list of cars, many who can perform excelently, and gave no reason as to why they shouldn't be modded.

i stand by my statement

MK3HKS
11-15-2004, 09:53 PM

-geo metro - 3 cylinder
-any saturn - no aftermarket support
-chevy sprint - 3 cylinder
-pontiac firefly - 3 cylinder
-any kia - no aftermarket support
-k-car - old family car with no aftermarket support
-honda civic - needs lots of $$$$ to even get into the 13's
-any cadillac - kinda ruins the purpose... luxury family car
-any buick - " " "
-any olds- " " "
-1st gen neons - not much after market support.. cheap unreliable engine
-toyota tercel - no aftermarket support
-grand am - family car that has no aftermarket support
-toyota camry - family car with no aftermarket support
-nissan pulsar - not worth the $$$..
-sunfire - no aftermarket support
-cavalier - cheap unreliable for mods
-bonneville- kinda ruins the purpose..luxury family car
- 4 or 6 cylinder mustangs- need LOTS of $$$ to make it fast, save the money and buy a 5L. big difference in power for a little price difference

Freebs
11-15-2004, 09:57 PM

-geo metro
-any saturn
-chevy sprint
-pontiac firefly
-any kia
-k-car
-honda civic
-any cadillac
-any buick
-any olds
-1st gen neons
-toyota tercel
-grand am
-toyota camry
-nissan pulsar
-sunfire
-cavalier
-bonneville

ahahahah ok you think Buick shouldnt be moded??? wana take a run againt our 1987 BUICK GNX??? its just a buick...:rofl: :rofl:

finboy
11-15-2004, 10:17 PM

-geo metro - 3 cylinder (came with a twin cam 4, a few guys state side are making excelent numbers with it)
-any saturn - no aftermarket support (since when do you need aftermarket to go fast?
-chevy sprint - 3 cylinder (see metro)
-pontiac firefly - 3 cylinder (see sprint)
-any kia - no aftermarket support (see saturn)
-k-car - old family car with no aftermarket support (came with a turbo 4-banger, LARGE aftermarket available)
-honda civic - needs lots of $$$$ to even get into the 13's (disproven by people on this board)
-any cadillac - kinda ruins the purpose... luxury family car (depends on the model, the 32v northstar says otherwise)
-any buick - " " " (gn, gnx, etc)
-any olds- " " " (large aftermarket)
-1st gen neons - not much after market support.. cheap unreliable engine (engines aren't unreliable, huge aftermarket)
-toyota tercel - no aftermarket support (see saturn)
-grand am - family car that has no aftermarket support (see saturn)
-toyota camry - family car with no aftermarket support (see saturn)
-nissan pulsar - not worth the $$$.. (as far as i know, ca18det fwd motor is available)
-sunfire - no aftermarket support (quite a large aftermarket available)
-cavalier - cheap unreliable for mods (see above)
-bonneville- kinda ruins the purpose..luxury family car (ssei comes with the very nice supercharged 3.8 which responds well to mods)
- 4 or 6 cylinder mustangs- need LOTS of $$$ to make it fast, (svo mustang came with all sorts of handling goodies and a turbo 2.3L which is VERY responsive to mods which cost next to nothing and has a huge aftermarket)

and by your reasoning, i STILL stand by my statement :thumbsup: :rofl:

dieselpower91
11-15-2004, 10:34 PM
[Hey, didn't you know the GNX is a family/luxury car!!! and shouldnt be modded!]

(not like they need to be :D )

adrianracer
11-15-2004, 11:49 PM

Yeah until it blows up!

adrianracer
11-15-2004, 11:52 PM
Must be hard on your ego to get beat by a Neon?

Freebs
11-16-2004, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by dieselpower91
[Hey, didn't you know the GNX is a family/luxury car!!! and shouldnt be modded!]

(not like they need to be :D )

ahaha who says it shouldnt be?

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/382000-382999/382200_5_full.jpg

/\ /\ /\
just a quick pic of the engine of the car that "shouldnt" be modded

dieselpower91
11-16-2004, 01:23 AM
Sarcastation brackets. [ ]

I was being sarcastic!!!! I love the GN and GNX amazing cars, just plain amazing.

MK3HKS
11-16-2004, 01:51 AM
shit, i forgot bout the gnx:banghead:

hotleb403
11-16-2004, 02:05 AM
NEONS

finboy
11-16-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by hotleb403
NEONS

ever seen how strong the bottom end of a 2.4 is?
how about how well a neon can handle (the neon acr comes to mind)

86max
11-16-2004, 01:39 PM

-nissan pulsar

That was going to be my next project. There's a couple 10 second pulsars in australia. Those ca18det's are nuts when put in such a little car, plus they handle awesome, have t-tops, and chicks think they're cute:D (trust me, I used to own one).
:poosie: haha

exa's rule sucka!:D

QuasarCav
11-16-2004, 01:53 PM
Your saying a sunfire has no aftermarket but the Cavalier has unreliable mods?

The have the exact same engine/drivetrain and the mods available are pretty decent.

Whoops, I guess finboy pretty much shut that list down!

finboy
11-16-2004, 02:15 PM
Your saying a sunfire has no aftermarket but the Cavalier has unreliable mods?

The have the exact same engine/drivetrain and the mods available are pretty decent.

Whoops, I guess finboy pretty much shut that list down!

:D

honestly, the ecotec is a very nice motor and i hear it handles boost quite well (saab uses a boosted ecotec don't they?), but i HATE the tranny's, they are VERY loose and clunky.