PDA

View Full Version : license plate frames

teamPRO
11-12-2004, 11:20 PM
so. as the law goes. i heard those blue neon license plate frames are illegal. is it true? what about the red ones

jaysas_63
11-12-2004, 11:33 PM
ur better off with em off ur car, don't u guys think they are just a bit tacky?

dsmer
11-12-2004, 11:51 PM
red is da bomb :thumbsup:

:rofl:

i dont mind them. i shit on underglow though unless its white.

as far as i know they are legal because its considered as a brake light.

chris
11-13-2004, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by teamPRO
so. as the law goes. i heard those blue neon license plate frames are illegal. is it true? what about the red ones
for the love of god, don't get a neon license plate frame, they look gay.

5.9 R/T
11-14-2004, 12:15 AM

Have you considered purple? I think it would suit your personality!

Originally posted by dsmer
red is da bomb :thumbsup:

:rofl:

i dont mind them. i shit on underglow though unless its white.

as far as i know they are legal because its considered as a brake light.

Could you please explain how a frame around your plate that is glowing red would constitute as a 'brake light'?

dsmer
11-14-2004, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T

Could you please explain how a frame around your plate that is glowing red would constitute as a 'brake light'?

Not exactly a brake light but more of a notice your car in the dark light :rofl:

chris
11-14-2004, 12:49 AM

certainly seem to have mad beef with teamPro. You must be quite the :bigpimp: considering that you call people gay on the internet.

sexualbanana
11-14-2004, 12:52 AM

Not exactly a brake light but more of a notice your car in the dark light :rofl:

So I guess we can say underglow has the same effect right? Help people see your car at night.

HEY! How about we rationalize that loud mufflers be allowed because they help the visually impaired because now they can hear cars coming?

Bottom line. It's about as illegal as any other modification you do, but FAR more tacky, and quite frankly, looks stupid.

5.9 R/T
11-14-2004, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by chris

certainly seem to have mad beef with teamPro. You must be quite the :bigpimp: considering that you call people gay on the internet.

Talk about pimp in daddy's tahoe and mommys lexus...

Kenny_boy
11-14-2004, 01:48 AM
I have heard they are illegal cause it makes it harder for the cops to see the plates... I think I heard that someplace on this site, so next time, do a search

method
11-14-2004, 01:59 AM
I see them every once in a while. if a cop feels like it, he'll ticket you for it. even if it isnt directly documented, they'll find a reason.

teamPRO
11-14-2004, 03:24 AM

cause calling people gay on beyond is the cool thing to do...:thumbsup: say it to our face.

Melinda
11-14-2004, 03:26 AM

cause calling people gay on beyond is the cool thing to do...:thumbsup: say it to our face.
:rofl: And where exactly would he go about doing that? You gonna meet him at the bike racks to have an after school rumble?

240droptop
11-14-2004, 04:19 AM
lol so as far as I know there not legal unless there blue I thought lol they distract other drivers so you can't have them on your car. however it dosennt really matter cause it makes your car look tacky and stupid anyways

5.9 R/T
11-14-2004, 07:27 AM

I do. Everytime I see one of your posts I look at your avitar, laugh, and say "what a homo".

badseed
11-14-2004, 09:32 AM
Plate frames are not legal doesn't matter what color, obscures the view of your plate and is a distraction to other drivers. I'm pretty sure this is the cops reasoning. All in all plz don't buy a neon plate frame, I tend to frown upon this. :(

dsmer
11-14-2004, 11:20 AM

I do. Everytime I see one of your posts I look at your avitar, laugh, and say "what a homo".

talking to the computer :nut:

teamPRO
11-14-2004, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Melinda

:rofl: And where exactly would he go about doing that? You gonna meet him at the bike racks to have an after school rumble?

bishop carroll.

chris
11-14-2004, 01:00 PM

yeah, so i drive my parents cars... so wat. Im not trying to pimp them out or anything. My parents don't want me to buy my own car, they're afraid that it is going to break down. You're just being an ass, by the way, the lexus/tahoe is an easy way to pick up girls, hahaha

dsmer
11-14-2004, 01:17 PM

why, you want to take a picture? :rofl:

CelicaST-162
11-14-2004, 01:21 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ....same thought i had

finboy
11-14-2004, 01:26 PM

bishop carroll.

that explains a LOT

dsmer
11-14-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by finboy

that explains a LOT

explains what, that you're to pussy to come down?

Melinda
11-14-2004, 01:47 PM

bishop carroll.

I dont recall asking you what school you go to, I was making a play at the immaturity you're showing in this situation. You sure did fall for it though, you actually gave them a bike rack to meet you at :rofl:

why, you want to take a picture? :rofl:

Not too sure if that's your lame way of picking up girls on an internet forum or your even lamer attempt at making fun of me. Either way your :rofl: is unwarrented.

method
11-14-2004, 02:28 PM
check yourself fools. highschool kids are coming to get ya.

finboy
11-14-2004, 02:34 PM

explains what, that you're to pussy to come down?

unlike you, i have things to do in life besides come down to a highschool and get in a fight over the internet

get a fucking clue :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

shadow
11-14-2004, 02:35 PM
hmm there seems to be a lot of posts not relating to the topic at hand... aaannnnyways..

I am quoting the Province of Alberta Vehivcle equipment regulation laws.

Under Division 2 section 14 Subsections 1-3.

"(1)- The licence plate of a vehicle must be illuminated by a tail lamp or a seperate licence plate lamp so that the licence plate is clearly visable from at least 15 metres to the rear"

"(2)- A seperate licence plate lamp for illuminating the rear licence plate must turn on and stay lit when the head lamps are lit"

"(3)- A seperate licence plate light lamp may emit a white light"

Now you could debate having a white light neon licence plate is not illegal to the definition of the law.

There seems to be a debate if they are illegal or not... Any color of light other than white illuminating your licence plate is 100% illegal. However the fines are fairly small if you really want another color.

Now however I HAD a white light neon plate frame for a car but got a ticket anyways. The officer was a bit of a jerk and if I am not careful I could go off on a rant.... anyways he cited

Under Division 2 section 17 Subsection 1.

"17(1)- A lamp on the rear of the vehicle must emit a red light unless this regulation permits another color. "

It was basically a B.S. ticket and I had it thrown out before even going to court.. although the officer threatened me about taking "such a stupid thing to court" he backed down cause he knew he was toast. =)

teamPRO
11-14-2004, 02:35 PM
[B]

I dont recall asking you what school you go to, I was making a play at the immaturity you're showing in this situation. You sure did fall for it though, you actually gave them a bike rack to meet you at :rofl:

why dont you shut the fuck up. you asked where would he go about doing that. to say im gay to my fucken face. I said bishop carroll.

finboy
11-14-2004, 02:37 PM

why dont you shut the fuck up. you asked where would he go about doing that. to say im gay to my fucken face. I said bishop carroll.

highschool is awsome :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

teamPRO
11-14-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by finboy

unlike you, i have things to do in life besides come down to a highschool and get in a fight over the internet

get a fucking clue :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

hahahahahaahhahaahhahh. pussy.:rofl:

teamPRO
11-14-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by shadow
hmm there seems to be a lot of posts not relating to the topic at hand... aaannnnyways..

"(1)- The licence plate of a vehicle must be illuminated by a tail lamp or a seperate licence plate lamp so that the licence plate is clearly visable from at least 15 metres to the rear"

"(2)- A seperate licence plate lamp for illuminating the rear licence plate must turn on and stay lit when the head lamps are lit"

Now you could debate having a white light neon licence plate is not illegal to the definition of the law.

There seems to be a debate if they are illegal or not... Any color of light other than white illuminating your licence plate is 100% illegal. However the fines are fairly small if you really want another color.

Now however I HAD a white light neon plate frame for a car but got a ticket anyways. The officer was a bit of a jerk and if I am not careful I could go off on a rant.... anyways he cited

"17(1)- A lamp on the rear of the vehicle must emit a red light unless this regulation permits another color. "

It was basically a B.S. ticket and I had it thrown out before even going to court.. although the officer threatened me about taking "such a stupid thing to court" he backed down cause he knew he was toast. =)

thank you.. thats all i needed to know.

dsmer
11-14-2004, 02:50 PM

Not too sure if that's your lame way of picking up girls on an internet forum or your even lamer attempt at making fun of me. Either way your is unwarrented.

I thought you were a photographer?

t-im
11-14-2004, 03:00 PM
oooh high school drama all over again :drama:

chris
11-14-2004, 03:05 PM

finally a useful post in this thread

finboy
11-14-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by t-im
oooh high school drama all over again :drama:

:werd:

method
11-14-2004, 06:10 PM

see.. if a cop wants to be a dickhead, they'll try to find some reason.

look at how many of these anti-modification laws contradict each other.

dsmer
11-14-2004, 06:26 PM
shadow that is quite a funny story ahaha

so hes pretty much asking for a red one after :rofl: some cops are wierd.

CelicaST-162
11-14-2004, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by chris

finally a useful post in this thread

more useful then a queer named teamGAY!

teamPRO
11-14-2004, 10:53 PM
wow.^^^^thats actually horrible. fuck. its like saying... you drive a toyota faggot turbo.

CelicaST-162
11-14-2004, 11:01 PM
wow.^^^^thats actually horrible. fuck. its like saying... you drive a toyota faggot turbo. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: just go kill yourself

DJ Lazy
11-14-2004, 11:25 PM
What does teamPRO stand for anyways.... Pro's at sucking cock, Pro's at being completely fucking clueless... Pro's at ricing out your car with neon licence frame's, maybe Pro's at kicking our internet asses.??

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Teenagers these days...

marq-jt
11-14-2004, 11:42 PM
This topic really got out of hand...
Only saw atleast 1 or 2 post that reply to the topic other than that its more of a big fat argument.... :)

why cant we all get along....hahahaha:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:drama:

finboy
11-14-2004, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by marq-jt
This topic really got out of hand...
Only saw atleast 1 or 2 post that reply to the topic other than that its more of a big fat argument.... :)

why cant we all get along....hahahaha:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:drama:

cause its highschool y0, where everyone is hardcore GANGSTA :rofl:

t-im
11-15-2004, 12:00 AM
ya man, lets meet at the bike racks and kick some arse!!! :thumbsdow

dsmer
11-15-2004, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by CelicaST-162

more useful then a queer named teamGAY!

he got his answer, why would even go back off topic? and yeah teamGAY oh shit man very funny :nut:

Team_Mclaren
11-15-2004, 12:13 AM
man you guys are hurt! go back to class before your teacher catch you skipping

teamPRO
11-15-2004, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by DJ Lazy
What does teamPRO stand for anyways.... Pro's at sucking cock, Pro's at being completely fucking clueless... Pro's at ricing out your car with neon licence frame's, maybe Pro's at kicking our internet asses.??

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Teenagers these days...

:zzz:

do something bitch. you know what school i go to. you know what i drive. come kick my ass. you hate me so much. do i have to go through this again. are you fucking pussy. say it to my fucking face you lil pussy ass cunt bitch

finboy
11-15-2004, 12:41 AM

:zzz:

do something bitch. you know what school i go to. you know what i drive. come kick my ass. you hate me so much. do i have to go through this again. are you fucking pussy. say it to my fucking face you lil pussy ass cunt bitch

you really don't get it do you?

pretty much everyone here could care less what you drive, and no one is going to be stupid enough to fight you (most are over 18, so they lay a finger on you and they face charges), so instead they let you keep talking and watch you make an even bigger ass of yourself.

who are you trying to impress by acting hardcore anyways? :dunno:

shakalaka
11-15-2004, 12:44 AM
Ok, been reading this for a while and this is enough freakin bs!! Why dont mods or admin's do something about some stupid kids acting all hardcore and shit.

Ben
11-15-2004, 12:49 AM
I just stumbled over this trainwreck of a thread.

Man, what a joke.