PDA

View Full Version : STOCK 4 sec 87 rx-7 lol

240droptop
11-13-2004, 01:10 AM
hey does anyone know what a 87 Rx-7 does 0-60 in cause my lol freind seems to think his car is a 4 second car. But a r34 GTR as far as I know is 5.3sec stock lol so I guess his FC is faster than a skyline lol. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

240droptop
11-13-2004, 01:12 AM
Oh right I forgot to mention it has a ractive air filter on it too,oh and a striped interior. lol

HuMz
11-13-2004, 01:24 AM
like 6.5 unless he has something krazy done to it he hasn't told u

VWbloke
11-13-2004, 02:53 AM
I think 6.5 is being VERY optomistic....

NiteRider
11-13-2004, 03:25 AM
6.5? in a stock rx7?
turbo or n/a?
i dont think very many cars went 0-60 that fast in 87
hes a ricer, and hes lying out his ass

shadow
11-13-2004, 11:06 AM
Unfortunately I could not find the 0-60 for the 87 rx-7 but these numbers should be close.

86 RX-7 GXL Manual 7.9

87-88 RX-7 Turbo 6.8

I have a Turbo 88 and I am lucky if I am doing low 5s yet.. although I have never measured it.. and my car is heavily modded....

so if he is getting 4s with ractive air.... man I gots to get me some of that.. next best thing to nitrous yo. =)

JAYMEZ
11-13-2004, 12:22 PM
Lol , your friend is a moron , he has no idea what he is talking about LOL

DefektiveVibe
11-13-2004, 12:34 PM
slap him rick jame style! ha

theken
11-13-2004, 03:32 PM
get a g tech

theken
11-13-2004, 03:33 PM
he might be thinking kilometers as well:thumbsup:

Go4Long
11-13-2004, 04:57 PM
yeah...my car(89 RX7 Turbo) is apparently a freak and it runs a high 13 second quarter(pretty much stock though, just a big exhaust...), as far as I know the fastest FC(86-92 RX7) in the city that is running right now hits just shy of 400 hp to the rear wheels...with drag radials that might be a low 11 if you're lucky...I am just guessin on that number though...

240droptop
11-13-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by NiteRider
6.5? in a stock rx7?
turbo or n/a?
i dont think very many cars went 0-60 that fast in 87
hes a ricer, and hes lying out his ass

Yah its a stock na with a ractive filter lol.

Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi
Lol , your friend is a moron , he has no idea what he is talking about LOL

oh no no no he's a rotery expert cause he read the manual to his rx-7 lol:rofl: :rofl:

Maxt
11-13-2004, 09:02 PM
0-30 it might be 4 seconds.....
But you know that ractive filter is just like NOS, and if he Shifts mad quick yo, then maybe:nut: ...
I could gtech below 5 seconds with my car, if I really concetrated on the shifting , that was my biggest problem with my car....I think its solved now though..
There are now two FC's capable of around 400 rwhp in the city, thats Rx-7Turbo_2 and Chrisng, I think Rx-7turbo_2's car will probably crank a little higher due to healthier motor...But both cars are now running turbo's that are good for 450 rwhp..
I gave up my membership to the 400rwhp club this year, I hope to join a new club shortly....Maxt

DannyO
11-13-2004, 09:46 PM
Don't surpose this is the same guy who owns a Special Edition Ford Mustang GTR with a Rotary Engine with HeaderS?:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

240droptop
11-14-2004, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by DannyO
Don't surpose this is the same guy who owns a Special Edition Ford Mustang GTR with a Rotary Engine with HeaderS?:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

lol no. they must be related in some way tho lol. seriously he thinks his car will run a low 14s
my freind has a siliva with sr20det front mount, exsaust( and other mods) running stock boost he runs about a 13.9 on the quarter

youngbex
11-14-2004, 04:11 PM
its not stock. i know the kid, yes he is a goof.
it has removed a/c, pump, power steering, 2.5" exhaust and fully gutted interior. the car would be still be ok if he didnt get ahold of it, now it puffs white smoke on start-up so that means rebuild and the compression numbers are below 80.

JAYMEZ
11-14-2004, 05:43 PM
^^ He still doesnt do 0-60m in 4 seconds , im sorry thats BS for bein stock lol

ApexDrift
11-14-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Go4Long
yeah...my car(89 RX7 Turbo) is apparently a freak and it runs a high 13 second quarter(pretty much stock though, just a big exhaust...), as far as I know the fastest FC(86-92 RX7) in the city that is running right now hits just shy of 400 hp to the rear wheels...with drag radials that might be a low 11 if you're lucky...I am just guessin on that number though...

LIAR!:thumbsdow

Go4Long
11-14-2004, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by ApexDrift

LIAR!:thumbsdow

?? are you saying I didn't run a 13.94? cus I have the slip to prove it and about 20 witnesses...also I believe the run was against 240Droptop's friend that he just mentioned(if the one he is talkin about is the one with the konigs...)

slimeball
11-15-2004, 12:44 AM
i know the guy who owns the CAR it is ME ! and i was told this by some guys on onther fourm. ya the car is getting a new motor and shit so it not a big deal i dont drive it any ways you ya by the way droptop240 guy your car is very slow like i think 9.7 0-60 and a skyline gtr rb26dett runs a 5.2 0-60 not a 5.3 sp get your facts strait. lol man you are a SUPER TUNER LOL any ways this is a good fourm and to all the rx-7 guys out thier have fun !

JustinL
11-15-2004, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by slimeball
i know the guy who owns the CAR it is ME ! and i was told this by some guys on onther fourm. ya the car is getting a new motor and shit so it not a big deal i dont drive it any ways you ya by the way droptop240 guy your car is very slow like i think 9.7 0-60 and a skyline gtr rb26dett runs a 5.2 0-60 not a 5.3 sp get your facts strait. lol man you are a SUPER TUNER LOL any ways this is a good fourm and to all the rx-7 guys out thier have fun !

:english:

ApexDrift
11-15-2004, 04:18 AM
i believe that you ran a 13 sec run JP told me you did..

Originally posted by Go4Long
yeah...my car(89 RX7 Turbo) is apparently a freak and it runs a high 13 second quarter(pretty much stock though, just a big exhaust...)

i thought JP helped you tune your F-con, hes helping me with mine in spring

Go4Long
11-15-2004, 09:17 AM
the FCon itself is not tunable...you have to attatch the GCC portion to it in order for it to have any tunability...the PFC Fcon with the GCC is kinda like a glorified Apexi SAFC, except it has a built in timing map as well(and you don't have to tap into the wiring harness, it just plugs into the existing harness then that plugs into the computer from there)...I have to get my car on a dyno and get the GCC on there and tuned properly some time soon, cus I am running way to rich and shooting some madder than mad bad fireballs...without the GCC it pretty much just delivers more fuel across the board.

slimeball
11-15-2004, 04:18 PM
:whocares:

crazydave
11-15-2004, 04:24 PM
mike,speak english. who cares how fast droptop240's car is right now. i know he doesnt. he only brought this shit up cuz you seemed to think that cuz someone on no pistons.com told you that doesnt mean its true.

:guns: :whocares: :closed:

240droptop
11-15-2004, 08:46 PM

Mike your stupid I'm not saying my cars faster than yours I know its slow right now hence motor swap. I'm makeing fun of you cause your stupid and think your cars faster than a skyline when its stock except for some parts you took of of it you dumb ass.

240droptop
11-15-2004, 08:48 PM
soo to cap it off your a stupid learn something about your car before you go talking your mouth off idiot

:closed: :closed: :closed:

chunger_11
11-15-2004, 08:57 PM
"your a stupid" ahhh reminds me of grade 2

iceburns288
11-15-2004, 09:15 PM

5.2-.3 makes no difference really depends on the driver. It doesn't matter what a Skyline runs cuz your car runs a SLOW. Get over it. Where's Ben's **** off smiley...:D

Speaking of smileys what is on the left half of the ROFL smiley, and why does the Repost guy get to look around while the other sign guys just sit there...

jegger69
11-16-2004, 05:46 PM
Mike, your rx7 is slow man, it is comming along....kinda, and droptops car is slow tooo, but that dosent matter so is crazydaves the only thing that should matter is that we all like cars and who cares who thinks there car is 0-60 in4 (even though he is wrong) it is all about having funn. so get out there and off this thred and go have some funn :burnout: :werd: :closed:

2.0turbo
11-17-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Maxt
0-30 it might be 4 seconds.....
But you know that ractive filter is just like NOS, and if he Shifts mad quick yo, then maybe:nut: ...
I could gtech below 5 seconds with my car, if I really concetrated on the shifting , that was my biggest problem with my car....I think its solved now though..
There are now two FC's capable of around 400 rwhp in the city, thats Rx-7Turbo_2 and Chrisng, I think Rx-7turbo_2's car will probably crank a little higher due to healthier motor...But both cars are now running turbo's that are good for 450 rwhp..
I gave up my membership to the 400rwhp club this year, I hope to join a new club shortly....Maxt

By gave up the 400rwhp club this year, do you mean blew up the motor too many times and don't want to fix it anymore?

Maxt
11-17-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by 2.0turbo

By gave up the 400rwhp club this year, do you mean blew up the motor too many times and don't want to fix it anymore?
No shit for brains, it means I have a far larger turbo than I had before....Now go suck kevins cock and tell each other lies...
Just for your little mind to comprehend, the first motor that came with my car was a ticking time bomb, no tears shed over it..It had 2 different compression ratios of rotors in it, found that out after it blew...
The motor that is in my car now, is essentially the same motor I have since then, I did lose a rotor to an injector problem , the other ills of it though were due to me being a guinea pig for an aftermarket seal manafacturer, other than that I have had it apart a couple of times to try different porting...90% of that engine is still the same engine...
At least I can build my own motors, be it piston or rotary...Maxt

2.0turbo
11-18-2004, 03:43 PM

rx7_turbo2
11-18-2004, 06:20 PM

Hahahaha Ah you obviously do......

How many 400rwhp motors have you built? If memory serves me right you had to have someone else build you a motor (no where near that power level) and you nickled and dimed the shit out of them. For someone who "doesnt give a fuck" you sure seemed quick to open you big mouth.

2.0turbo
11-18-2004, 06:58 PM
I sure I am not the only one to notice here, but every time maxt posts, rx7_turbo2 posts. Hmmmm.....Are you to sleeping together?

pinoyhero
11-18-2004, 07:15 PM
LOL, what a thread, someone close this thing.

Toms-SC
11-18-2004, 07:18 PM
I sure I am not the only one to notice here, but every time maxt posts, rx7_turbo2 posts. Hmmmm.....Are you to sleeping together?

You need to back off dude, their friends and judging by your half assed posts all the time they are far more knowledgeable on this subject. So do me a favour 2.0turbo, shut you mouth, and listen to what these guys say (you might actually learn something). Thanks.

youngbex
11-18-2004, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Maxt

No shit for brains, it means I have a far larger turbo than I had before....Now go suck kevins cock and tell each other lies...
Just for your little mind to comprehend, the first motor that came with my car was a ticking time bomb, no tears shed over it..It had 2 different compression ratios of rotors in it, found that out after it blew...
The motor that is in my car now, is essentially the same motor I have since then, I did lose a rotor to an injector problem , the other ills of it though were due to me being a guinea pig for an aftermarket seal manafacturer, other than that I have had it apart a couple of times to try different porting...90% of that engine is still the same engine...
At least I can build my own motors, be it piston or rotary...Maxt

looking at your sig, it looks like you have one fucken fast car!

now that jsut made u sound like a idiot.

Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi
^^ He still doesnt do 0-60m in 4 seconds , im sorry thats BS for bein stock lol

i didnt say it was 4 sec, i called him a goof and listed the proper mods that the car had.

Originally posted by Toms-SC

You need to back off dude, their friends and judging by your half assed posts all the time they are far more knowledgeable on this subject. So do me a favour 2.0turbo, shut you mouth, and listen to what these guys say (you might actually learn something). Thanks.

haha i agree.

rx7_turbo2
11-18-2004, 11:23 PM
I sure I am not the only one to notice here, but every time maxt posts, rx7_turbo2 posts.

That's been mentioned before. First off it's an RX-7 thread, I own an RX-7, second you took a super cheap shot at his motor building abilities (of which you have none) and he's helped me build a few motors now, as well as the fact I've been with him on numerous builds, so I thought it more than appropriate to respond.

Oh hey I thought you "didnt give a fuck"?

Loose
11-19-2004, 10:17 AM
What were your fastest 0-60 times Max, and anyone else who ever Gteched their RX?

The best I ever did was 5.6, most were 5.9, wheels spinin.

Maxt
11-19-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Toms-SC

Haha..... BTW like the sig....People wonder how Quebec manages to get everything it wants...

And yes Mr 2.0 turbo , Rx_7turbo2 is a friend of mine, you have friends to as we all well know, the difference is, mine aren't convicted felons and don't ruin other peoples cars for their jollies...Reconsider who you take your advice from...

Originally posted by Loose
What were your fastest 0-60 times Max, and anyone else who ever Gteched their RX?

The best I ever did was 5.6, most were 5.9, wheels spinin.

I squeezed off some mid to low 4's when I could shift it well enough, the stock 2nd gen transmission is not a great "quick" shift transmission and always hangs up on the 3rd shift which comes up as the last shift on a 0-60 run, and takes the most time.. Strangely enough my times were always better when I rolled really slow off the start and through 1st, then pinned it in second, even though 1 st just rolled by, the reduced wheel spin offset the soft start with the time...
1st gear in the fc is really to short as well, its hard to put down any power in 1st without incinerating the tires..
The stock transmission ratios are
1st 3.483
2nd 2.015
3rd 1.391
4th 1.000
5. 0.762

The new transmission I bought has these ratios
1st 2.773
2nd 1.984
3rd 1.548
4th 1.246
5th 1.000
6th 0.807
Even though second is a shorter gear, the car will be moving faster now out of first then it was before, and 1 st being taller should build more boost in 1st, yet reduce the chance of wheel spin a bit, and with being dog ring geared, it should really shift mad quick yo....No more 3rd gear crunches for me..:)...The turbo has less chance to slow down as well, by the looks of it, after every shift I should fall back to about 4400 rpm, give or take a few hundre rpm which is above my boost thresehold, so the comrpessor wheel won't slow down to much... Maxt

Go4Long
11-19-2004, 07:19 PM
errr...dog boxes crunch like mad man...I have some in car videos of people using them in street cars...and everyone I've ever showed em to is like "man this guy need to learn how to shift". they crunch...but it's how they work, not because of a lack of driver skill.
on another note, the other day my clutch decided that it didn't want to build hydraulic pressure anymore, so I ended up driving my girlfriend home entirely without a clutch(and managed to only grind gears once)...my transmission never crunches...don't know why..

Maxt
11-19-2004, 07:24 PM
Give it five minutes...:)....
The dog box only crunches if you try to shift it like a stock transmission, which I don't intend on doing...

http://www.ksp-eng.co.jp/FACTORY/democar/MPG/011023fd961IN.mpg

Go4Long
11-19-2004, 07:27 PM
hey max...you can read japanese right? maybe you can identify what model of teins are on my car...and that's the first dogmission I've heard not crunch...good times

rx7_turbo2
11-19-2004, 07:43 PM
The video's I've seen of people driving with dogmissions has shown that yes if driven properly it won't crunch. But for the most part that's 1/4 or track type use. The situation it's under on the street may not allow for that type of use, to the same extend anyways. It's going to be nowhere as "streetable" as the stock tranny, but the stock tranny wouldnt hold the power so......If I said it was impossible then I'd be Ted Koseki and I don't ever want to be accused of that. I think it will take some adjustments to get used to on the street, and it will be noisy, if not the crunching then the whine, but I think it will work just fine.

Go4Long. Clutch issue's can get ugly. It may not be hydraulic. Start with the hydraulics of course though chances are that's what it is. However on Chris Ng's car it took multiple slave/master cylinder combo's, and the tranny up and down a good half dozen times till we found a hair line crack in the clutch fork.

Go4Long
11-19-2004, 07:46 PM
she works again now...I think I was losin fluid and just wasn't paying enough attention...looked in the resevoir and it was pretty much empty...filled it...pumped it for like 10 minutes...still works...although I only drive my car like one day a week right now...

JAYMEZ
01-13-2005, 11:13 PM
I cant wait till spring , I want a ride in one of your guys RX-7s , I love the old school ones ..

So did we ever fix the problem on this thread LOL?

Go4Long
01-14-2005, 10:26 AM
if ya want a wild ride you should try to get Chris Ng to give ya one...he is just shy of 400hp to the wheels...although actually if I'm not mistaken so is rx7_turbo2

soloracer
01-14-2005, 06:48 PM
MaxT, ChrisNg and rx7_turbo2 are all "windward passage" sailing ass pirates if you ask me. All this "I'm making XXX power" and "da Rotary is the shit", yadda, yadda posts get tiring. Will they ever stop? First you have MaxT - a throwback to the stone age that I wouldn't trust to polish my wheel nuts let alone touch my engine. Then there's ChrisNg driving the slowest 400 rwhp car in town. Probably needs more red hockey tape to get it right. He should be driving a Honda. Finally you have rx7_turbo2 who has a fetish for all things blue (gauges, lights, balls.....etc.) Thank god I get all my work done at RX7 Specialties instead of by these clowns.

You would think they all drive Porsche's from the way they talk............ :bigpimp:

GTS Jeff
01-14-2005, 07:01 PM
Yet another shining example of undermoderation in our beloved car forums.

Maxt
01-14-2005, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by soloracer
MaxT, ChrisNg and rx7_turbo2 are all "windward passage" sailing ass pirates if you ask me. All this "I'm making XXX power" and "da Rotary is the shit", yadda, yadda posts get tiring. Will they ever stop? First you have MaxT - a throwback to the stone age that I wouldn't trust to polish my wheel nuts let alone touch my engine. Then there's ChrisNg driving the slowest 400 rwhp car in town. Probably needs more red hockey tape to get it right. He should be driving a Honda. Finally you have rx7_turbo2 who has a fetish for all things blue (gauges, lights, balls.....etc.) Thank god I get all my work done at RX7 Specialties instead of by these clowns.

You would think they all drive Porsche's from the way they talk............ :bigpimp:

And *Cough* hows your rx-7 running these days....:rofl: :rofl: