PDA

View Full Version : home made angel eyes

ninspeed
11-30-2002, 07:55 PM
I am going to make some this weekend for fun :D

Click here (http://students.washington.edu/ashis/Creating%20Custom%20Angel%20Eyes.htm)

Sorry if this is a repost

choweyt3t4
11-30-2002, 08:25 PM
wow looks pretty good,but i noticed that the grooves dont go all the way around the eyes and dont seem to light up all the way around.why's that?

kenny
11-30-2002, 08:27 PM
Looks like the guy didn't put the grooves all the way up to give it that meaner look. How successful he was is subjective.

FiveFreshFish
11-30-2002, 08:43 PM
Angel eyes look good, especially on Bimmers.

92 Teg-B18A
11-30-2002, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by choweyt3t4
wow looks pretty good,but i noticed that the grooves dont go all the way around the eyes and dont seem to light up all the way around.why's that?

it's 'cause he calls 'em eagle eyes in the article

choweyt3t4
11-30-2002, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by 92 Teg-B18A

it's 'cause he calls 'em eagle eyes in the article

ahhhhhhh

e46slugmo
11-30-2002, 10:58 PM
em...a little rice..dont you think?

e46slugmo
11-30-2002, 10:59 PM
gotta give him credit for being creative though.

three.eighteen.
12-01-2002, 12:07 AM
i dunno, i may buy some angel eyes eventually (after ellipsoids) but its sorta played out, but only in the states really

sexualbanana
12-01-2002, 02:46 AM
i don't think i've ever seen that before. looks pretty cool

Stratus_Power
12-01-2002, 03:03 AM
first time i saw angel eyes was when it was on a new tibby... looks pretty damn nice i must say!~ nothing ricy about it :P

SickBastard
12-01-2002, 03:10 AM
I prefer my sleepy eyes.

szw
12-01-2002, 03:15 AM
Wow thats a real nice write-up.

If I had projectors I'd give it a shot!

sexualbanana
12-01-2002, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by Stratus_Power
nothing ricy about it :P

thats what they first said about altezzas.:D

RiceCake
12-01-2002, 10:03 AM
Hey not bad! :)

It doesn't seem to be ricy yet... but that looks pretty good for something that's minimal cost :thumbsup:

lammer
12-01-2002, 10:45 AM
I like i like!!

Big_Six_Boy
12-01-2002, 11:09 PM
How can it be RICE?!?! They come STOCK on 5-series BMWs.
They have Angel Eye kits being sold everywhere, but they're like $400 US for the set, and I heard it's kinda hard to install.
But, if people wanna do a group buy...

GT2NV
12-01-2002, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by SlammedZE
I prefer my sleepy eyes.
me 2:bigpimp:

tegdream
12-01-2002, 11:37 PM
u people and your rice , whats wrong with you.... i mean sure a massive APR wing on a completely stock car is rice but come on, are they only rice cuz theyre played out? sure they are played out in the "mod" world, but im sure there are more cars with factory tails then there are ppl with altezzas, ppl buy them cuz theyre different from stock and cuz they look good TO THEM and BETTER than what they had.........my argument only concerns tail lights, cuz there is alota other stuff that does look bad....but... APR wings do look good on some cars, sometimes.....and if it didnt look good then people wouldnt do it .. who cares if its not functional, some people just try to achieve a nice LOOKING car and they dont want HKS stage 3 under the hood.........stickers of stuff u dont have is rice..... a car with only a neon tube on the ceilin is rice...but hell.... if so many damn people have altezzas on theyre cars ... then sumthin must be rite bout em..... just my $0.02
dont hate me, hate my opinon ... if u want

RiCE-DaDDy
12-01-2002, 11:52 PM
rice is also associated with bad taste, so it makes sense why big ass spoilers are rice

EstoMax
12-01-2002, 11:59 PM
hmmm.. these look pretty cool.. i should do it to my moms subaru!
but arent they on like.. all the time with that 9v battery? and how long do they last?
also, do they havta b the color of the headlights? or is it just better that way cause it would look ghetto? and is it only for the high beams? or ..

yeah.. ill just shut up now :)

max

e46slugmo
12-02-2002, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by Big_Six_Boy
They have Angel Eye kits being sold everywhere, but they're like $400 US for the set, and I heard it's kinda hard to install.

if you make them out of acrylic rods off ur window that's pretty rice

the ones on bmws are nice looking

e46slugmo
12-02-2002, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by tegdream
u people and your rice , whats wrong with you.... i mean sure a massive APR wing on a completely stock car is rice but come on, are they only rice cuz theyre played out?
dont hate me, hate my opinon ... if u want

nobody said it's rice cause it's played out, where did you get that from?

don't cry :(

szw
12-02-2002, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Lt. Max
hmmm.. these look pretty cool.. i should do it to my moms subaru!
but arent they on like.. all the time with that 9v battery? and how long do they last?
also, do they havta b the color of the headlights? or is it just better that way cause it would look ghetto? and is it only for the high beams? or ..

yeah.. ill just shut up now :)

max

1. Can't really do it with reflector headlights, I don't think.

2. Its not hooked up to 9v battery, that was just for the picture. You tap into the parking lights or something.

3. You can have any colour you want, not legally of course.

4. You can put them anywhere, but you need projectors since if you stick them in your reflector headlight housing you'll fuck up your beam pattern.

boi-alien
12-02-2002, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Big_Six_Boy

altezzas come stock on altezzas(IS300s)..... so......????? i guess those aren't ricey at all eh? :dunno:

EstoMax
12-02-2002, 12:03 PM
hmm... what color would be legal? cause beemers have them.. so only the color of the headlights? ok so i should only put them around the high beam housing then? or i dont understand the 4th point very well :|

thanks again

max

e46slugmo
12-02-2002, 02:16 PM
i think only white is legal

if you go to the bmw.ca website, there's a picture on it

EstoMax
12-02-2002, 02:23 PM
ok.. i see both lights have the eyes on the beamer, so both lights on it are projectors then right?
so.. on most cars though, high beams are projectors then right?

max

szw
12-02-2002, 03:32 PM
Nope your subaru high beams aren't projectors either.

I'm pretty sure they have aftermarket projector headlights for your impreza outback, you can buy those, then do this mod.

EstoMax
12-04-2002, 04:02 PM
hey i have a question.. for projectors do i just need like HID bulbs? or do i need a whole new headlight which is built for projector?

max

szw
12-04-2002, 04:51 PM
No you get a new headlight.

EstoMax
12-04-2002, 04:53 PM
oh.. damn.. how much do the new headlights cost?

Weapon_R
12-04-2002, 05:02 PM
A lot of money

Big_Six_Boy
12-04-2002, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by crxboi

altezzas come stock on altezzas(IS300s)..... so......????? i guess those aren't ricey at all eh? :dunno:

What?!??!! Dude, Altezzas weren't RICE until others made them RICE by going overboard with them.
I think someone needs to define "Rice" here...
:rolleyes:

e46slugmo
12-04-2002, 05:58 PM
Altezza on IS300 aren't rice...it's the copying of Altezzas that makes a car look nice. altezza lights might look good on some cars, but on most cars they look like crap.

treg50
12-04-2002, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by e46schnitzer
em...a little rice..dont you think?

F***, again with the "rice"? Isn't that word PLAYED OUT yet? The KID did a damned good job. Not everyone can afford an e46schniteL or bimm with stock 'demon eyes.'

Very creative, like you said, plus he made his into 'eagle eyes' instead, a nice little variation. This kid could be developing car parts one day --- nice little bit of engineering there.

Originally posted by crxboi
altezzas come stock on altezzas(IS300s)..... so......????? i guess those aren't ricey at all eh?

You just had a conversation with yourself there by answering your own question. Altezzas are STOCK, hey, amazingly, on, guess which car?? The TOYOTA ALTEZZA/IS300. The answer you gave yourself is correct, "those aren't ricey" on the Altezza or IS300.

:burnout:

e46slugmo
12-04-2002, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by treg50

F***, again with the "rice"? Isn't that word PLAYED OUT yet? The KID did a damned good job. Not everyone can afford an e46schniteL or bimm with stock 'demon eyes.'

Very creative, like you said, plus he made his into 'eagle eyes' instead, a nice little variation. This kid could be developing car parts one day --- nice little bit of engineering there.

*rice*, no the word is not played out, people are stlill using it.

yeah he did a good job, i never said he didn't. i said he was creative.

it's e46SCHNITZER, learn how to spell...again, it's BIMMER, not bimm.

if you can't afford it, dont buy it.

maybe one day you can learn from this ghetto *engineerer* but for the time being *stop crying*.

max_boost
12-04-2002, 08:04 PM

maybe one day you can learn from this ghetto *engineerer* but for the time being *stop crying*.

You go girl! haha:rofl: :thumbsup:

RSeXy
12-04-2002, 08:06 PM

ouch! owned!

IMO..i don't like the look of them. but i have yet to see them in real life..so maybe i'll change my mind once i do. :thumbsup:

szw
12-04-2002, 08:07 PM

Thats lame, necessity is the mother of all inventions. Being broke is the next best thing to necessity!

treg50
12-04-2002, 08:27 PM

SNIKT! Let's go bub!

"rice" is played. Its sad you can't see that. "People are still using it," sounds like a follower. People are still putting 'altezzas' where they shouldn't be = played. People are still saying "rice" = played.

e46schnitzeL <---- this is known as sarcasm (ie. beef schnitzel). Learn to recognize it. You want to pretend you know english and then tell me "bimmer" is a real word? I know "bimmer" is a common term, but its should be "beemer" or "beamer" NOT "bimmer" as in "dimmer."

If you can't afford something, you CAN'T buy it. Its not a matter of "do" or "don't", you don't got the cash SO you "can't." The just makes sense. What was your point there?

"Ghetto engineer," eh? That's nice of you to say (psst, that's sarcasm). He's a kid who's low on cash. You've never been low on cash? Hmm, you must have been a rich kid your whole life to talk like that OR maybe you can't stand the fact that you were once like him... just not as creative.

I'm not crying, I just got done weapon x-ing your izz-ass. :guns:

max_boost
12-04-2002, 08:31 PM

SNIKT! Let's go bub!

&quot;rice&quot; is played. Its sad you can't see that.

e46schnitzeL &lt;---- this is known as sarcasm (ie. beef schnitzel). Learn to recognize it. You want to pretend you know english and then tell me &quot;bimmer&quot; is a real word? I know &quot;bimmer&quot; is a common term, but it should be spelt &quot;beemer&quot; or &quot;beamer&quot; NOT &quot;bimmer&quot; as is &quot;dimmer.&quot;

If you can't afford something, you CAN'T buy it. Its not a matter of &quot;do&quot; or &quot;don't&quot;, you don't got the cash SO you &quot;can't.&quot; The just makes sense. What was your point there?

&quot;Ghetto engineer,&quot; eh? That's nice of you to say (psst, that's sarcasm). He's a kid who's low on cash. You've never been low on cash? Hmm, you must have been a rich kid your whole life to talk like that OR maybe you can't stand the fact that you were once like him... just not as creative.

I'm not crying no time, I just got done weapon x-ing your izz-ass. :guns: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Way to go, now the ratio from guy to girl will go from 200:1 to 300:1 :rofl: :rofl:

e46slugmo
12-04-2002, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by szw

Thats lame, necessity is the mother of all inventions. Being broke is the next best thing to necessity!

WTF?

e46slugmo
12-04-2002, 08:54 PM

SNIKT! Let's go bub!

&quot;rice&quot; is played. Its sad you can't see that. &quot;People are still using it,&quot; sounds like a follower. People are still putting 'altezzas' where they shouldn't be = played. People are still saying &quot;rice&quot; = played.

e46schnitzeL &lt;---- this is known as sarcasm (ie. beef schnitzel). Learn to recognize it. You want to pretend you know english and then tell me &quot;bimmer&quot; is a real word? I know &quot;bimmer&quot; is a common term, but its should be &quot;beemer&quot; or &quot;beamer&quot; NOT &quot;bimmer&quot; as in &quot;dimmer.&quot;

If you can't afford something, you CAN'T buy it. Its not a matter of &quot;do&quot; or &quot;don't&quot;, you don't got the cash SO you &quot;can't.&quot; The just makes sense. What was your point there?

&quot;Ghetto engineer,&quot; eh? That's nice of you to say (psst, that's sarcasm). He's a kid who's low on cash. You've never been low on cash? Hmm, you must have been a rich kid your whole life to talk like that OR maybe you can't stand the fact that you were once like him... just not as creative.

I'm not crying, I just got done weapon x-ing your izz-ass. :guns:

u = played

bimmer = real word, haven't you seen the BIMMER magazine you loser? BEEMER is a way u pronouce it....*failed*

so someone can't use the word GHETTO on here without being mistaken for *rich* or *bragging*? yeah i can't stand the fact that i was once a lame ghetto homie that scrapes pennies and rip things off windows, throw them in my oven and stick them on my car..thats it, you got me there buddy.

go ahead and keep standing up for your ghetto buddies.

you're crying, admit it.

three.eighteen.
12-04-2002, 08:56 PM

SNIKT! Let's go bub!
e46schnitzeL &lt;---- this is known as sarcasm (ie. beef schnitzel). Learn to recognize it. You want to pretend you know english and then tell me &quot;bimmer&quot; is a real word? I know &quot;bimmer&quot; is a common term, but its should be &quot;beemer&quot; or &quot;beamer&quot; NOT &quot;bimmer&quot; as in &quot;dimmer.&quot;

it is bimmer you tard...beamer refers to bmw motorcycles, back when they raced BSA (i think) motorbikes, known as beesers, or beezers, and thus bmw became known as a competitor...beamer...not sure how bimmer came to the car thuogh

e46slugmo
12-04-2002, 09:04 PM
i love it when forums go bitter

treg50
12-04-2002, 09:26 PM
Yeah, 'specially when BEEYMEHR owners get all tense.

I just finished saying, I know "bimmer" is a common term.

Then 318 goes to me, "its bimmer you tard"... Where TF is the logic in that? I had just said "bimmer." I'm just saying that the word "bimmer" is a dumb looking word.

Here's one for my homies... and one for Mr. Bigglesworth... and one for me...
one for Biggee and 2pac, LOL.

Originally posted by e46schnizter
You're crying, admit it

Nope, still not crying. You've got this big hang up about crying don't you? Maybe YOU'RE crying. You cried a lot as a kid, eh? Its okay man, its okay... :nut:

three.eighteen.
12-04-2002, 09:27 PM
yeah its great that beyond is growing...too bad you have to take the good with the bad

e46slugmo
12-04-2002, 09:43 PM
Yeah, 'specially when BEEYMEHR owners get all tense.

I just finished saying, I know &quot;bimmer&quot; is a common term.

Then 318 goes to me, &quot;its bimmer you tard&quot;... Where TF is the logic in that? I had just said &quot;bimmer.&quot; I'm just saying that the word &quot;bimmer&quot; is a dumb looking word.

Here's one for my homies... and one for Mr. Bigglesworth... and one for me...
one for Biggee and 2pac, LOL.

Nope, still not crying. You've got this big hang up about crying don't you? Maybe YOU'RE crying. You cried a lot as a kid, eh? Its okay man, its okay... :nut:

why does it even matter if bimmer is a dumb looking word :bullshit:

yeah i cried a lot as a kid and i'm still crying now because my oven burnt my *eagle eyes*

max_boost
12-04-2002, 10:53 PM
Just because you think something is ghetto you are labeled as rich/spoiled? And that you don't know where money comes from?

All she said was that its kinda rice which is a personal opinion
If you can't afford it, don't buy it which is another personal opinion

Next thing you know its all blown out of proportion lol
Shes a girl, let her win.......

Where is that picture? Arguing on the internet+something about special olympics lol

e46slugmo
12-04-2002, 10:57 PM
dont tell i'm a girl that ruins everything!
haha

szw
12-04-2002, 11:00 PM
Uh oh, now they're gonna try macking on her! haha j/k

szw
12-04-2002, 11:01 PM
e36schnitzer, do you have your car (in your avatar) in calgary or vancouver? I think I saw that car downtown once, with an asian girl driving it. Looked very good. the car too! hahaha (see above post..hahah!)

max_boost
12-04-2002, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by szw
e36schnitzer, do you have your car (in your avatar) in calgary or vancouver? I think I saw that car downtown once, with an asian girl driving it. Looked very good. the car too! hahaha (see above post..hahah!)

That would be her......she is from vancouver......she is rich too! Has a nice car.......go crazy guys haha:thumbsup:

Impreza
12-04-2002, 11:19 PM
e36schnitzer: are you on cp?? if you are, i think i might of seen your car before

e46slugmo
12-04-2002, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by szw

i had it in calgary for a couple months during the summer, but drove back to vancouver...
that was probably me....
come say hi next time *winkwink*

haha..thanx, i dont have much on it right now
lotsa changes coming in the near future though!

e46slugmo
12-04-2002, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

That would be her......she is from vancouver......she is rich too! Has a nice car.......go crazy guys haha:thumbsup:

WHAT?
i'm going to kick ur ***..hahaha

e46slugmo
12-04-2002, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Impreza
e36schnitzer: are you on cp?? if you are, i think i might of seen your car before

it's e46schnitzer....464646.^^...

yeah i'm on cp
name on cp is: marlesa

szw
12-04-2002, 11:29 PM
Hi marlesa, I think i've met you before..but can't remember where...Diana maybe? I'm sean

e46slugmo
12-04-2002, 11:36 PM
sean....sean from western????
if you are i met you AGES ago...

szw
12-04-2002, 11:59 PM
definately a long time!

Impreza
12-05-2002, 12:00 AM
hehe sorry about the e36...i didnt even notice it!! i just copied ur name from a previous post szw made

EstoMax
12-05-2002, 12:01 AM
flame war... end it :) this thread was about angel eyes btw..
this is called thread crapping ;)

max

szw
12-05-2002, 12:04 AM
impreza..heh ya i'm on CP, have a Black and white picture on my page

e46slugmo
12-05-2002, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Lt. Max
flame war... end it :) this thread was about angel eyes btw..
this is called thread crapping ;)

max

it's already ended a long time ago

although i'm waiting for the guy to come back...it's funny cause most the stuff he says are so stupid

EstoMax
12-05-2002, 12:15 AM
hehe ok :) i doubt he will come back tho cause in another forum some guy was talkin about how he has a skyline wit r400 paintjob and stuff and he was tellin about his private drag strip and a familiy and that his car had a "pop-off" (read blowoff if ur over 14 :)) valve :| we soon found out that he ripped the pics of the car from a website that was selling import cars...

thought id share this funny story

max

e46slugmo
12-05-2002, 12:39 AM
omg HAHAHAHAHHA...where's this forum?

EstoMax
12-05-2002, 12:42 AM
heh.. its in overclockers.com forums..
yeah.. im a geek.. kinda.. :rolleyes:
anyway it was in this thread..
http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=126506
:barf: if u read all that the guy (named dreamkiller) said

max

edit.. he removed the pic he put in geocities but
http://www.blowdog.com/html/cars/400r.html
is where the car is from

treg50
12-05-2002, 08:33 AM

it's already ended a long time ago

although i'm waiting for the guy to come back...it's funny cause most the stuff he says are so stupid

..sigh..

LOL, just so you know I'm still here... but yeah it was over several posts back. I'm done with this thread. ;)

The background info on e46schnitzer explains a lot :tongue:

e46slugmo
12-05-2002, 04:27 PM

..sigh..

LOL, just so you know I'm still here... but yeah it was over several posts back. I'm done with this thread. ;)

The background info on e46schnitzer explains a lot :tongue:

explains a lot of what faggo?