PDA

View Full Version : FS: Panasonic Panasync S70 Monitor

turboMiata
11-13-2004, 03:38 PM
*** PRICE REDUCED ***

This is the best 17" monitor I've ever owned. I upgraded to LCD monitors to free up my desktop space.

There is no scratches on the screen and it works perfect. Read the reviews on this monitor:

http://www.sacm.co.za/review.asp?NewsID=1098&Item=454&Title=The+Bigger+Picture

The S70 is a nice looking monitor that features a very flat screen with a viewable area of about 406mm. It also has a dot pitch of 0.27mm, which is a slight limitation on its clarity at maximum resolution (1280x1024 dpi), although it does support a maximum refresh rate of 180 Hz. Still, it is interesting to note that at optimal resolution (1024x768 dpi) it only has a refresh rate of 75 Hz.

But what really makes this a sleek display is the dark blue tinted screen that minimises reflective glare and improves the pitch of the black hue. One hundred degree deflection also helps to minimise glare from the monitor itself, and this stood out from the 90 degree deflection common to most monitors.

If you want to change the configuration of the monitor, simply activate the OSD menu from the buttons on the front panel of the monitor. Again, these differ only slightly from those on the ViewSonic monitors and contain all the important features you’d expect.

In many ways this was one of the clearest displays at optimal resolution. And the colours are also very bright, which is quite interesting when you consider the dot pitch of the monitor and bear in mind that the refresh rate is not exceptionally high. Another nice feature is the automatic degaussing on powering up the display, which ensures that the monitor displays the correct colours.

Despite its excellent quality, this monitor is a bit pricey. Still, it is not far from some top-end monitors and you may well find that in the long term it is money well spent.

Yours for a meagre price of $50 OBO. Paid much much more for it brand new.

turboMiata
11-13-2004, 03:48 PM
Here's an off-axis picture of screen. You will see that there are no scratches on this screen whatsoever.

turboMiata
11-15-2004, 10:05 PM
bumpie

turboMiata
11-20-2004, 06:51 PM
*** PRICE REDUCED ***

Fuji
11-23-2004, 04:51 PM
can I take a look at them?