PDA

View Full Version : 4age Head Mod Please Help!!!!!!!!

gforce1
11-13-2004, 06:51 PM
I have a 88 mr2 with a blown engine , so i found another 4age. While i have it out i am trying to give it some more bottom end. I have owned one before and they are way doggish under 4000. rpm. anyway heres my ques. Would i get any more hp by decking the head? If so how much and if not here is my mods and any suggetion would help. i have 1 week before the mechanic has to install it.

Trd header
trd exhaust
hks degreeable cam gears
web 262 cams
cold air intake

thanks T

bmeier
11-13-2004, 11:06 PM
shaving the head to gain compression would give you more low end but be careful and dont shave it too much or your motor will become interference.

also dont waste your money on a TRD header or exhaust they do not add any HP on a 4age.

your best bet would be to contact Richard at www.tedcomponents.com the have all sorts of suggestions and builds for the 4age. Just email him with what kind of performance you are looking for and he will tell you the best way to achieve that.

bcrdukes
11-14-2004, 01:54 AM
Change the head gasket. Get one from HKS or GReddy. Up the compression.

Those cams will do you no good if you want power from 1000 - 4000.

gforce1
11-14-2004, 02:03 AM
whats a good way to get low end .... nitrous?
thanks T

bcrdukes
11-14-2004, 05:34 PM
Either revert back to stock spec cams or increase the compression ratio.

three.eighteen.
11-14-2004, 05:48 PM
7age hybrid would probably make a bit more torque

bmeier
11-14-2004, 06:13 PM
IMHO, the only way to get any real low end on a 4age is to go supercharged.... Of course then you will have to swap engines and stuff...

nitrous works but to install properly you would have spent almost as much as an SC engine anyways plus you will always have to refill the bottle....

that is if you can do engine swaps. i have done a couple 4agze so if you are interested you can get some ideas from me...

bcrdukes
11-20-2004, 06:37 PM
I was going to suggest to get an American car but..that's out of the question. :D:dunno: