PDA

View Full Version : key will not go into ignition

Kellys stuck
11-14-2004, 09:31 AM
:dunno: I thought I was getting out of here when I hopped in my Elantra and couldn't go anywhere, my key would not go in the ignition. No matter what I tried it didn't work. I called 2 locksmiths who promptly never showed up. I was told by one guy he could take the door lock and put it in the ignition and I was told by another that pins have nothing to do with the problem. As you can see things aren't working out so well. I just got a knock on my door from another he says its *##*!ed. It's jammed and I need a new igintion. He got the key in but it won't turn. Is there ANYONE OUT THERE WHO CAN ADVISE! I have to go to work tomorrow :banghead:

AllGoNoShow
11-14-2004, 12:59 PM
Key in but wont turn, please dont tell me you locked the steering and don't know how to get it unlocked?

When you get the key in, pull the steering wheel to the left or right a little so it seems free, if you pull to one side and it dont move, goto the other side, then try and turn your key.

prada_2o0o
11-17-2004, 02:48 PM
I was just going to say the same .. I hope its not that...everyone has blondemoments though..