PDA

View Full Version : Elise coming to Canada?

bol
11-14-2004, 05:03 PM
Does anyone have any up to date information on if the Lotus Elise is coming to canada?

persianprideboy
11-14-2004, 05:16 PM
it already came out we have lots of em down here in toronto.....
oh and my grandma's got one too.

bol
11-14-2004, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by persianprideboy
it already came out we have lots of em down here in toronto.....
oh and my grandma's got one too.

Yeah, I bet. :rolleyes:

Def_3
11-14-2004, 05:26 PM
^^^^^^^:rofl: hahahhahaha

hjr
11-14-2004, 05:27 PM
hahaha...

anyways, from what i have heard transport canada will not let the elise into the country due to the requirement of 5mph bumpers. if that is indeed the case you can assume it will go the way of the evo8 and never be legally sold here (though some are imported in what manor i dont know)

JAYMEZ
11-14-2004, 05:37 PM
Canada doesnt follow the same rules as USA , we dont go by Miles lol

bol
11-14-2004, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by hjr
hahaha...

anyways, from what i have heard transport canada will not let the elise into the country due to the requirement of 5mph bumpers. if that is indeed the case you can assume it will go the way of the evo8 and never be legally sold here (though some are imported in what manor i dont know)

Last that I read TC and Lotus USA were in discussion and that it may have already gone into crash testing. Not sure though. It's very hard to get any sort of "official" answer.

Alpine Autowerks
11-14-2004, 08:32 PM
the lotus dealer in van told me the crash testing was schedueled and approval should come soon after that.

JustinL
11-15-2004, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by Alpine Autowerks
the lotus dealer in van told me the crash testing was schedueled and approval should come soon after that.

Is that Weisach? They have been taking deposits on Elises for a long time now.

I think those guys are being a little overly optimistic about the Elise coming to Canada so they can get the interest on a ton of deposits.

ZorroAMG
11-15-2004, 01:58 AM
haha I was at Weisach on Nov 6 and the guy said "we've got 54 cars coming and 65 deposits..." draw your own conclusions ;)

bol
11-15-2004, 12:11 PM
Weisach's reply to me:

"The 2005 lotus Elise has been approved for sale in the United States; we are currently awaiting Canadian bumper certification and will be in a position to confirm availability in the late summer of this year,
The Elise is scheduled to debut in North America in May 2004 as 2005 model year cars,
U.S pricing is to be around $39000 and Canadian pricing in the $57000, subject to change by LCUSA.
We have a very strong commitment from Lotus and they are committed to ensuring that Canadians get to motor around in an Elise.
We will only get a limited quantity of cars in Canada and our list is very long with probable clients, we are accepting $2500.(cdn) deposit that is refundable subject to availability
This will ensure you are on the list;
It is very important for us to build an order bank as that will make a strong case for more allocation of cars, the order bank in the U.S is very large as the car is an immense success. We urge you to put a deposit if you are serious and we will make every effort to get you a car.
Deposits will increase to 15000.00 non refundable upon confirmation of options and colors. "

JuLiAnY
12-21-2004, 10:30 PM
Any postive news?
Is the Elise approved for sale in Canada? Anyone have the answer?

GoChris
12-21-2004, 11:11 PM
whats this whole 5mph bumper requirment. do they have to do something special at 5mph?:dunno:

JustinL
12-21-2004, 11:40 PM
IIRC there has to be less than a certain dollar ammount of damage done to the car. I know this will bring up questions about Ferraris and Lambos, but I don't have the answers.

/////AMG
12-22-2004, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by bol
Weisach's reply to me:
snip
Canadian pricing in the $57000, subject to change by LCUSA.

snip

:eek: If you could, you might aswell get a used Lotus form here and get it shipped. Like the exige :drool: