PDA

View Full Version : civic trims question!!

import_illusion
11-14-2004, 10:19 PM
what is the difference betweeen a cx, dx and si?

besides the fact of how much hp each one has..

garyb
11-14-2004, 10:20 PM
body is a little bit different, cx doesn't have painted bumpers, dx's have painted bumpers, and si's have painted bumpers, sunroof and a front lip, those are the major differences that you can tell i believe

import_illusion
11-15-2004, 10:53 AM
bump

statick
11-15-2004, 10:57 AM
cx and dx dont have vtec. si does have vtec. someone correct me.

import_illusion
11-15-2004, 11:04 AM
yea that's correct but i already know that stuff..i want to know like if the sound system is different..like is the cx only 2 speakers(because i heard it was and does each one come with a cd player) and like what kind of options does each one have (tilt? cruise? stuff like that)..and i'm referring to 1996-2000 civics

statick
11-15-2004, 11:12 AM
i think dx/cx dont have abs, but si does. if any of them caem with a factory cd player, i'd say itd be the si. cx/dx most likely dont come with a/c, si prolly does. si has cruise, not sure bout cx/dx. i dont kno too much botu civics to begin with. $eanith or some of the other honda buffs can probly answer ur question a lot better.

Xtrema
11-15-2004, 03:12 PM
Save bandwidth, visit www.honda.ca

import_illusion
11-15-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
Save bandwidth, visit www.honda.ca

hey dumbass..those are new civics..i said 1996-2000 idiot..there's a difference

no9t9
11-16-2004, 01:01 AM
Why do you want to know? Basically the CX has nothing in it. No power options, just a radio, no sun roof, no ABS, no hubcaps, nothing. It is the bare bones civic. The DX is basically the CX but with a few useless options like color keyed side mirrors, better radio, hubcaps, etc. The Si (assuming Canadian model here) difference is mainly the VTEC engine and some more cosmetic differences. Even ABS, air con, etc were options.

If you are looking to buy a civic and you are trying to choose between a CX, DX, or Si... I would go for the CX. Mechanically the CX is pretty much the same as the other 2 models (besides the engine in the Si). It simply isn't worth the extra money for only a few more hp. Buy the CX and save the extra cash then put it towards a turbo and you will spank that pathetic 127hp Si...

saiyajin
11-16-2004, 01:23 AM
'sigh' ...... :rolleyes:

http://auto.consumerguide.com/auto/used/reviews/full/index.cfm/id/2172

import_illusion
11-16-2004, 01:28 AM
'sigh' how bout u look at the question first idiot?

k i've already looked at that site long before i posted this thread
and i don't see anything bout the speaker system and stereo system in the civic on that site..i'm trying to mainly find out about the sound system...i already know the rest

no9t9
11-16-2004, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by import_illusion
'sigh' how bout u look at the question first idiot?

k i've already looked at that site long before i posted this thread
and i don't see anything bout the speaker system and stereo system in the civic on that site..i'm trying to mainly find out about the sound system...i already know the rest

is that all? well the CX basically comes with 2 speakers while the DX and Si have 4. CX and DX = radio and Si = CD. This is standard options mind you... people with the CX had the option of putting in CD player, etc.

Why would you care anyway? Put your own sound system in. Get some cheap stuff off ebay. I'll bet you can build a decent system for around 300-400.

Xtrema
11-16-2004, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by import_illusion

hey dumbass..those are new civics..i said 1996-2000 idiot..there's a difference

#1 you didn't specify in your question

#2 96-98 doesn't accept standard deck without heavy mods. 99-2000 has the standard 2-DIN.

96-98 with 4 speakers are pretty decent, only lacking a CD player and the if you want OEM, the CD slot is on the bottom right above the cup holders

99-2000 HU are less stellar, I would rip that crap out and replace with aftermarket.

All stock speakers are good in bass but add a set of tweeters would help.

Seanith
11-16-2004, 06:33 PM
If you really want to know about stereo,
CX - radio stock i believe, options would be tape deck, not sure about CD. 2 speakers, doesn't even come with 6x9s in the rear.
DX - same as CX, i think it comes with 4 speakers including rear 6x9s, sunroof optional
Si - comes with 6 speakers (fronts, 2 tweeters behind side mirrors, and 6x9s), sunroof, heated sidemirrors offered on 99-00 SiG models, stock is radio with lower din tapedeck, optional cd player?

some obvious differences, CX only offered as a hatch, DX is the top level hatch, HX is also offered i think for 96-98 but maybe only in the states.. DX and Si are offered for coupes.

pm me if you have any specific questions i didnt' cover :)