PDA

View Full Version : Drag Racing Cops. Unbelievable

Buzliteyear
11-14-2004, 10:44 PM
San Diego cops are letting guys drag race them to try and stop illegal drag racing.

http://njlawman.com/Articles%202/Drag%20Racing.htm

I would love to be there with my '69 Mustang. Very cool though. You have to hand it to them. Instead of just busting balls, they set up something cool.

BumpinTalon
11-14-2004, 10:52 PM
I'm pretty sure the cops up in Edmonton run a similar deal. When I used to live there (like eight or nine years ago), they had a drag car that ran real quick, maybe 10s or 11s, with the full police roof rack and back seat and all.

SOAB
11-14-2004, 10:58 PM
i know that cops have done that here at Secret Street races. haven't seen it happen in a while though.

sexualbanana
11-14-2004, 11:48 PM
I guess the cops in San Diego are pretty strict on street racing and anything related.

I was reading Import Tuner at CivicDXR's place, and they were talking about the San Diego Police and their stance on street racing, and their tactics. Especially concerning the Hot Import Nights operation (I think it was HIN, if not it was one of the other big shows)

Cops went to HIN after the show with tow trucks and ticketed and/or towed cars from the show. Show cars. That's harsh.

joseph
11-15-2004, 01:19 AM
^^^yah i read that one too i think thats totally uncalled for. It makes you realize that we don't really have that much to complain about in terms of modification laws in calgary.