PDA

View Full Version : orbitz

lude_grl
11-15-2004, 09:55 AM
does anyone remember that clear drink with the colored beadlike thinggies inside
i think it was called orbitz
now i know they were really gross (to me)
but what did everyone else think of em
and where did they go:dunno:

http://www.kitelife.com/archives/SEPT98/images/orb.jpg

QuasarCav
11-15-2004, 10:11 AM
Shit, I must have been in elementary when that came out. They were at Mac's for like 2$ a bottle 13 years ago.

They didn't sell very well, not to mention they tasted like crap.

EK 2.0
11-15-2004, 10:19 AM
I loved the Orbitz...it was like a very early version of the NEW hottness the Bubble Tea if you alll think about it...

Some of the flavours were meh...but a few were really cool...unfortunaely not a lot of people thought the way that I do...and slaes dropped causing the product line to be pulled...

brandon
11-15-2004, 10:21 AM
ahah that drink was soo good, But after a while the dots kinda got to me lol

davidI
11-15-2004, 10:21 AM
I thought they were awesome too!

It's funny cause people will say how they hated the little gelatin things in them and then they'll go order a bubble tea. People are such bandwagon jumpers!

lude_grl
11-15-2004, 10:29 AM
i was in secondaire when they came out
heh
we used to go across the steet to the depaneuier and get some during lunch :D
some really werent horrible
the white ones made me cry on the inside
but i like the red ones

BebeAphrodite
11-15-2004, 11:17 AM
I thought they were disgusting.
ha ha ha
I'm glad they're gone

QuasarCav
11-15-2004, 11:24 AM
I remember all the hype like it was something special. Then I saved up my measly allowance and bought one, I was dissapointed but it was a cool concept.

Where the hell is Tahiti treat??

brandon
11-15-2004, 11:25 AM
I thought tahiti treat was taken down for a year or two then re released with a newer flavour as mountain dew code red :|

shakalaka
11-15-2004, 11:26 AM
hahahah
I always had a wierd feeling drinking those thingies inside. Man its been like forever since i saw that damn bottle. lol

D'z Nutz
11-15-2004, 12:05 PM
I remember going to 7-11 on my lunch break back in high school to try those out, back in 1997...

I had no idea they were around before then? :dunno:

EK 2.0
11-15-2004, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
Where the hell is Tahiti treat??

Originally posted by bhsmith
I thought tahiti treat was taken down for a year or two then re released with a newer flavour as mountain dew code red :|

Tahiti Treat was taken off the market here in Western Canada...although I have no idea why...BUT is still available out east...I remeber being in a Boston Pizza in Ontario and being able to order it...

BUT...CPlus has a new drink out...that is the cloest thing to Tahiti Treat I have ever tasted since its departure...Forget the name...but if you walk into the store...you can't miss it...it looks exactly like the classic Tahiti Treat...

IntegraG2
11-15-2004, 12:52 PM
since we are talking about old skool shit that has gone off the market has anyone ever liked the Old Dutch Mexican Chili flavour with the little mexican dood with a big mexican hat on the bag......i loved that flavour but all of a sudden it disappeared...

1badPT
11-15-2004, 12:58 PM
Orbitz were :barf:

little beads of glop in a syrupy drink that tasted horrible - seriously, I don't think they did any test maketing because I can't think of anyone actually liking most of the flavours they had :thumbsdow

Plus it was way overpriced :dunno:

Good riddance :whipped:

QuasarCav
11-15-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by IntegraG2
since we are talking about old skool shit that has gone off the market has anyone ever liked the Old Dutch Mexican Chili flavour with the little mexican dood with a big mexican hat on the bag......i loved that flavour but all of a sudden it disappeared...

the memories, the memories. That was an awesome flavor.

I remember eating those at Lloyds rollerskate park when I was 10. They had a promotion where there was a card in the pack and you could win rollerblades.

Anyone remember O'briens? They had a kickass flavor called sour cream and something, help me out here guys!

project240
11-15-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD

Tahiti Treat was taken off the market here in Western Canada...although I have no idea why...BUT is still available out east...I remeber being in a Boston Pizza in Ontario and being able to order it...

BUT...CPlus has a new drink out...that is the cloest thing to Tahiti Treat I have ever tasted since its departure...Forget the name...but if you walk into the store...you can't miss it...it looks exactly like the classic Tahiti Treat...

It's called Fruit Frenzy

SpoonEK9@STRD
11-15-2004, 02:14 PM
mmmm old dutch mexican chilli, my favorite.

1-Bar
11-15-2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by IntegraG2
since we are talking about old skool shit that has gone off the market has anyone ever liked the Old Dutch Mexican Chili flavour with the little mexican dood with a big mexican hat on the bag......i loved that flavour but all of a sudden it disappeared... :werd:

lude_grl
11-16-2004, 01:00 AM
hm. also.
those minipoptarts that were around a long time ago :/
i miss those
they had potential

saiyajin
11-16-2004, 01:24 AM
they neeeeeeed to bring back CRYSTAL PEPSI!!! :D

Hash_man
11-16-2004, 01:50 AM
Uuuuugggghh! ... :barf: I remember orbitz... First time I had those, I think I had orange, and I threw up... don't know what it was, but made me soooo sick... but that was back in like grade 4 or something lol.

But my tastes have changed and i kinda sorta like the things in bubble tea.

And I remember those Old dutch chips... sooooo good!:drool:

finboy
11-18-2004, 11:40 AM
man i drank that stuff all the time back in grade 7, so damn good.

damn i feel old now :rofl:

///M3
11-18-2004, 08:13 PM
my dad knew the guy who came up with that stuff, and got it all the time:D

cujo_cjc
11-18-2004, 09:01 PM
oh i remember those drinks!
i thought they were pretty cool
only a couple flavors were alright tho :dunno:

RSeXy
11-18-2004, 10:11 PM
I remember that stuff...it was gross. I'm glad bubbletea took its place. Mmm...Bubbletea :drool: :love:

CivicDXR
11-18-2004, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

the memories, the memories. That was an awesome flavor.

I remember eating those at Lloyds rollerskate park when I was 10. They had a promotion where there was a card in the pack and you could win rollerblades.

Anyone remember O'briens? They had a kickass flavor called sour cream and something, help me out here guys!

O'Briens Sour Cream and Bacon was the shiet!!

Orbie
11-19-2004, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by CivicDXR

O'Briens Sour Cream and Bacon was the shiet!!

For some reason after reading the first few posts about Orbitz and snacks that were great back in grade school, I immediately thought of those chips too. I don't think it was O'Briens though, it was O'Ryans I'm pretty sure. And I only ever saw the Sour Cream chips, if they did make Bacon ones too, those were definitely the only two types they ever made! Maybe that's why the were so good, when that's the only flavour you make you have lots of time to perfect it!

I hear they still sell them in New Zealand though, so there not completely gone.

DJ Lazy
11-20-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD
I loved the Orbitz...it was like a very early version of the NEW hottness the Bubble Tea if you alll think about it...

Me too.. but this new Bubble Tea that is out.. couple of the girls in my office drink it... Its not too tasty IMO... but Orbitz was awesome... I'd buy that everytime I was at the store...

Orbitz - :thumbsup:
Bubble Tea - no so :thumbsup:

Gondi Stylez
11-27-2004, 02:19 AM
mmmmmmmmmmmm i loved Orbitz! They were wikid! I always used to buy them when i was in elemantary school!!

my friends mom worked for Pepsi (still does i think) and she hooked up Orbitz like crazy! especially when they cancelled the line!!:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

btw. the white and red bubbles were the best!!:thumbsup:

badseed
11-27-2004, 09:34 AM
Orbitz were plain nasty, tried it once or twice ages ago. I feel so old now.

nismodrifter
11-27-2004, 12:54 PM
orbitz....damn that was grade 6 for me yo :D

never tried tat shit because all my friends said it didn't taste good

Majestic12
11-27-2004, 07:41 PM
yeah, the drink itself was like syrup, and then you had the little giblets inside.

blech.

A2VR6
11-27-2004, 10:28 PM
wow, I just found out I still have a bottle of that stuff just sitting around. Im afriad to open it though lol.