PDA

View Full Version : Terrell Owens Stunts

hockeybronx
11-15-2004, 03:00 PM
Hey Playa...

In the brink of my withdrawal from hockey I was watching some NFL highlights today.

There was a clip where they showed Terrell Owens running sideways on the field in Dallas and dropping the ball on the star.

What was the deal with this, I don't think it was during the game, so why was he running all over the field, and where the did the Cowboy who came and hit him come from?

izzoblitzo
11-15-2004, 03:03 PM
I think that was a few years ago. TO caught a touchdown against the cowboys, and stood over the Star logo on the middle of the field.. and danced (mocking the cowboys). Then when he caught a second touchdown, he was running towards the star again, and emmit smith tackled him.

Something like that.

roopi
11-15-2004, 03:08 PM
That was not from this season.

Shaolin
11-15-2004, 03:18 PM
anyone see the Ray Lewis dance? that was pretty hilarious.. in a sense.

izzoblitzo
11-15-2004, 03:25 PM
when I played in highschool, the Terrell Davis "salute" was all the rage, you have no idea how annoying it was to see kid after kid doing it!

roopi
11-15-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Shaolin
anyone see the Ray Lewis dance? that was pretty hilarious.. in a sense.

Yep. Did you see T.O's interview after that dance? Pretty funny. Call Ray a killer.

Shaolin
11-15-2004, 03:49 PM
yeah, I like how Lewis took it though.. just part of the game in a way.. although TO likes to push the envelope everytime.

roopi
11-15-2004, 04:15 PM
He went off on McNabb last week. There were showing them on the sidelines.

We'll see if they bounce back tonight on the Monday Night game.

cman
11-15-2004, 05:13 PM
its because emmit smith alawys used to run to the star after a touchdown or something. emmit got a touchdown and did it, then TO got a really nice flashy touchdown and also did it to mock him, which is when emmit shoulder charged him into the turf.

RiCE-DaDDy
11-15-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by roopi

yea then mcnabb rolls his eyes :rolleyes: like hes having none of that hahaha

id still say the spiking on dallas' star is the best TO celebration better than sharpie and pom pom

sexualbanana
11-15-2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by cman
its because emmit smith alawys used to run to the star after a touchdown or something. emmit got a touchdown and did it, then TO got a really nice flashy touchdown and also did it to mock him, which is when emmit shoulder charged him into the turf.
I've never seen Emmit Smith celebrate on the star before. Also, I don't think it was Emmit that hit him.

First of all, since they're both on offense, it is almost impossible unless Emmit came running off the bench and nailed him. But that in turn would've been a completely different matter in terms of punishment.

I'm pretty sure it was a linebacker. I remember seeing the hit, but I don't remember much about it.

grocko
11-15-2004, 06:37 PM
There's no doubt that TO is a great athlete, but I do have a problem with his antics on and off the field though. He can't just be a normal player and shut everyone up with his athletic abilites...instead he has to show-boat and get a rise out of people.....he's done very well for himself in the NFL, and instead of talking about his terrific achievements, we're talking about his show-boating...to me that's just messed up. If I were a lineman on any opposing team I would honestly go straight for him...whether or not he had the ball to give him a wake up call and to shut his ass up, maybe a year injured will smarten him up.

Kind-of reminds me of Barry Bonds...incredible athlete, but not very likeable....

cman
11-15-2004, 07:21 PM
http://www.auburn.edu/student_info/plainsman/archives/100500/100500swalker.html

ok so TO copied Emmit's celebration then got drilled by a defensive player.

no_joke
11-15-2004, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by grocko
He can't just be a normal player and shut everyone up with his athletic abilites...instead he has to show-boat and get a rise out of people....

TO's own argument:
At least he's not beating his wife or doing drugs. In this very thread, people talk about the Cowboys and Ravens but no one talks about Jamal Lewis' issues nor the Cowboys of a couple years ago.

Let TO be.

max_boost
11-15-2004, 11:27 PM
TO is a pretty funny guy when he scores a TD. His mockery of Ray Lewis was CLASSIC! haha

I love end zone celebrations, anyone remember Joe Horn who took out his cell phone to call someone after he scored a TD? :rofl:

SI-vic
11-16-2004, 12:34 AM
T.O has B.O

no_joke
11-16-2004, 12:42 AM
Top three in descending order:
1. The Sharpie
2. Dallas center Star
3. Joe Horn cell phone call

I don't see how anyone can top those three.

RiCE-DaDDy
11-16-2004, 12:42 AM
TO is awesome man

last time anyone messed with Ray lewis, he ended up in a bodybag haha

even neon deion himself praises TO

DelSoln
11-16-2004, 12:51 AM
T.O brings an entertainment value to the game like no other. The NFL should be thanking him. It's all about ratings anyhow. The star celebration was one of the best. Ranks right up there with the one game where Deion picked off the Falcon QB (don't remember who) during his 49er days and talked smack to the Atlanta players on the sideline all while dancing into the endzone from 15 yards out!! :thumbsup:

Ajay
11-16-2004, 01:07 AM
TO is an AMAZING wide receiver.

He's a VERY cocky player as well too but for good reason....right now he's the best player at that position and there really is no defense in the NFL so far that can really shut him down. He's having an amazing season playing with a great team so why shouldn't he enjoy himself and do what he's doing? I think it's good football and very entertaining.

The thing with TO is he's on offense and in the NFL there hasn't been a charismatic offensive player like TO in a LONG time. When Deion was in his prime or even Ray Lewis now were/are just as bad as TO is now when it came to celebrations.

AquamosH
11-16-2004, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by roopi

He was trying to get McNabb into the game; pumping him up. No conflict between them or anything.

hexified
11-16-2004, 10:57 AM
Personally i hated watching football until T.O came along...i think he brings an entertainment aspect back to the game. Hell i'll watch an eagles game just to see what hes next celebration will be when he scores...such as the smaller version of the dallas stars mockery he did back when he was a 49'er...thats just classic.

as he said... if you dont like what he does...then make sure he doesnt get into the endzone.

B17a
11-16-2004, 11:19 AM
As much as I hate that arrogant me-first cocksucker, the only way to get him to shut up is to stop him from scoring. Nobody seems to have figured it out yet though!

heavyD
11-16-2004, 11:24 AM
Hey I have an idea. Let's get a sign that says: T.O. has B.O.:rofl: Seriously though; I hate the guy. Another "ME ME" athlete.

nosegrindR
11-16-2004, 12:40 PM
TO's awesome, NFL celebrations are awesome, I can't wait to see the randy moss - TO battle this season.

buh_buh
11-16-2004, 01:02 PM
I like TO. But I've always been a Niners fan, so I'm kind of biased. But I think his celebrations are hilarious. I like how he gets a rise out of everybody. Everybody hates him because he's so cocky, but nobody can even do anything about it (except the Steelers). Haha maybe I just like seeing people pissed off and not being able to do anything about it.:dunno:

izzoblitzo
11-16-2004, 01:24 PM
There were also the celebrations done by Chad Johnson.. I think he got fined for pulling out a poster that read "Dear NFL, all I want for Christmas is to not get fined." Then he got fined.

After the Joe Horn incident, David Carr (texans) did the same thing to mock him, but instead of pulling out a cell phone, he mocked a cell phone using his hand, and got fined for that!

SI-vic
11-16-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by B17a
As much as I hate that arrogant me-first cocksucker, the only way to get him to shut up is to stop him from scoring. Nobody seems to have figured it out yet though!

The Steelers have figured it out.
The also figured New England out too
Rothlessberger (sp?), simply amazing.

T.O and his antics are great and brings more fun to the game.
When players mock T.O on the field during a TD celebration, he doesnt take it to heart. He even says it in the post-games, its all in good fun so he holds no grudge on them for doing it.
T.O, simply amazing also.

NFL and their fines are ridiculous.
They should really tone it down a bit.

RiCE-DaDDy
11-16-2004, 03:27 PM
^ NFL is pretty stingy bout celebrations. If it lasts like more than 5 secs thats like a $15,000 fine.
I just realized that CFL is pretty outta control, players cheoregraphing stunts with like 4 other players that last like a minute lol. But they can't fine em cause that'll literally cost em like half their paycheck haha.

sexualbanana
11-16-2004, 03:37 PM
You guys honestly think the NFL is strict on celebrations now? I think the NFL has gotten pretty slack in terms of allowed celebrations.

I remember the days when the Icky Shuffle was outlawed. Now that is strict.

AznDragon2004
11-16-2004, 08:34 PM
Terrell Owens is my favorite wide receiver. He is soooooooo entertaining to watch. LOL

You gotta love his touchdown celebrations!!!! :D

GO EAGLES GO

McNabb and Owens the best duo in the NFL!!!!

hustler
11-17-2004, 10:51 AM
anyone see the commercial during monday night foottball with terrel owens and his wife or gf or ssomthing I think her name is Nicky Sheradon not sure......Well she bares it all and now the NFL is apologizing for it, but I watched it on sportsnet this morning didnt think it was that bad

hexified
11-17-2004, 10:57 AM
Yeah i saw that on sportsnet also....they had a big fit over it because of the janet jackson thing...so they were all apologetic over it :D

cman
11-17-2004, 02:42 PM
it was a spoof of the desperate housewives show or whatever its called, you got to see a naked chick jumping on TO from the back perspective which caused a lot of disgruntled viewers to request an apology. i say who the fuck cares.:whocares:

hustler
11-17-2004, 08:07 PM
what a show what a body....i think there should be more commercials like that

theLostBoy
11-18-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by cman
it was a spoof of the desperate housewives show or whatever its called, you got to see a naked chick jumping on TO from the back perspective which caused a lot of disgruntled viewers to request an apology. i say who the fuck cares.:whocares:

ya...as cheerleaders in skimpy outfits bounce their tits around on the sidelines all game...not to mention the constant beer ads during commercial...family show my ass...wtF!

hexified
11-18-2004, 01:44 PM
not to mention im sure lots of people can read the lips of players when they are on the field....they cant *bleep* out what they cant hear lol

Singel
11-18-2004, 04:34 PM
If they could show the commercial on Sportscentre @ 9:00 in the morning, i don't see what the big problem is. Whoever complains about it because their "kids were watching" should rip down the britney Spears posters in their bedrooms.