PDA

View Full Version : lol orange station wagon on macleod

NNNred
11-15-2004, 05:03 PM
who is this dude, he was with his girl showing off & trying to race every1. the thing sounds like a turd. he was shifting through his 2 gears thinkin he is mario andretti. i think it was a dodge kcar?? :barf: :barf: :barf:

finboy
11-15-2004, 05:57 PM
ugh, that thing is STILL on the road?

i remember seeing it two years ago, and it seems his driving habbits haven't changed at all

86max
11-15-2004, 11:19 PM
Orange station wagon? Sweet, I want to see a pic!

TypeS
11-15-2004, 11:26 PM
i can get a pic, used to work with the guy! his names graham and yea it's a dodge aries K car he painted it himself and it's got chrome 13" hub caps, one of the nicest cars in calgary:rolleyes:

max_boost
11-15-2004, 11:29 PM
Oh man I remember that dude!!

He bought my damaged Aggressor II front bumper off of my 5th gen Lude and told me he was going to modify it and put on his car. I asked him what he drove and he pointed to the Orange K-Car Wagon!!!:eek: :rofl:

MM99lude
11-16-2004, 02:13 AM
hah i think that guy went to my highschool. did it have ricer blue turn signals?

turbo'dGSR
11-16-2004, 02:31 AM
Yup seen that guy, and his presence did nothing but piss me off....:thumbsdow

funkytuqe
11-16-2004, 08:15 AM
Thats my brother, i used his car to pick up your Agressor kit, i mododed it to fit my 2g lude. He drives like an ass, i can see why you guys are bashing him, one of these days he's gonna regret it!!:rolleyes:
He does have some stink under the hood though, so don't be thinking it's "JUST A K-CAR" however that 3spd auto is a piece of shit!:thumbsdow

Ryan@DerdallDesigns
11-16-2004, 08:39 AM
Saw the k wagon on the way home on deerfoot as well:thumbsup: buddy was feelin his 5inch indiglo blue pillar tach and :bigpimp: exhaust. The guy cuts people off then waves out the window at them:dunno:

AccordTypeR
11-17-2004, 01:07 AM
lol that guy used to go to wise wood funny shit! that car is awesome!:burnout:

funkytuqe
11-17-2004, 08:41 AM
Hehe, yah we did the paint job back when he was in highschool, he got the car from mom and dad. Since the car is such a piece of CRAP, we decided to make it a joke on wheels, thus the orange paint!! Man we all laughed so fuckin hard when we rolled it out of the garage for the first time after the paint job:poosie: Some people don't get it though, there like "it's a k-car looser!" but they don't understand thats the whole point. That thing even has an air horn from a semmi, haha. This summer we pulled the head, and the entire steering system, replaced the rack, tie rods, ball joints and front bushings. We got a mopar performance header cheap from ebay, we also found a ported head with 3 angle valve seats and a mopar perfomance cam on ebay for super cheap. Then we installed a weber downdraft to finish her off. Now i don't know if any of you guys have ever driven a stock k-car but they are fucking slow as hell (98hp) useless for merging. Now it has a lot more get up and go, not fast bay any standard but about the same as any civic or neon. Now we are trying to see if we can custom fit a suspention form a dodge daytona, with parts from the wreckers so it can handle a little better and dump it too! Also, he needs to ditch that piece of crap 3spd auto and find a 5spd manual from a charger, new high comp bottom end and a sweet ass set of dual weber DCOE's or maybe a weber 38/38 would do the trick to replace that tiny weber 32/36 that we put on.
oh, and he needs to learn how NOT to drive like a turd:guns:

finboy
11-17-2004, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by funkytuqe
Hehe, yah we did the paint job back when he was in highschool, he got the car from mom and dad. Since the car is such a piece of CRAP, we decided to make it a joke on wheels, thus the orange paint!! Man we all laughed so fuckin hard when we rolled it out of the garage for the first time after the paint job:poosie: Some people don't get it though, there like "it's a k-car looser!" but they don't understand thats the whole point. That thing even has an air horn from a semmi, haha. This summer we pulled the head, and the entire steering system, replaced the rack, tie rods, ball joints and front bushings. We got a mopar performance header cheap from ebay, we also found a ported head with 3 angle valve seats and a mopar perfomance cam on ebay for super cheap. Then we installed a weber downdraft to finish her off. Now i don't know if any of you guys have ever driven a stock k-car but they are fucking slow as hell (98hp) useless for merging. Now it has a lot more get up and go, not fast bay any standard but about the same as any civic or neon. Now we are trying to see if we can custom fit a suspention form a dodge daytona, with parts from the wreckers so it can handle a little better and dump it too! Also, he needs to ditch that piece of crap 3spd auto and find a 5spd manual from a charger, new high comp bottom end and a sweet ass set of dual weber DCOE's or maybe a weber 38/38 would do the trick to replace that tiny weber 32/36 that we put on.
oh, and he needs to learn how NOT to drive like a turd:guns:

A: daytona suspension bolts in
B: any pics of this header?
C: don't use the charger tranny, the 90+ 5 speeds are MUCH better
D: why stick with carb, why not swap to turbo :dunno:

funkytuqe
11-17-2004, 10:10 AM
A: daytona suspension bolts in
Cool, good to know. The wagon is an '83 though, so i think they may be a little different than the '86+ k-cars.

B: any pics of this header?
Nope, sorry. It is a Mopar perfomance header, it's funkin huge, with 3" collector! Its black, and we had to bang in the primary tube comming from cylender #1 to clear the steering pump

C: don't use the charger tranny, the 90+ 5 speeds are MUCH better
Yah, we would like to, however i dont know if it will bolt on to the pre '86 chassis and motor, we are scared that we would have to ge custom shafts made if we use the later tranny, if we use the early charger tranny it will work for sure. Everyone that had modified k-cars has used the later models and pars are more swappable on those models. If you know for sure or know where i can fine the RIGHT information, please let me know

D: why stick with carb, why not swap to turbo
for the same reason as stated above, it would be way too much work (more than the car is worth) to swap in ECU, fule System, wiring and dash cluster from an FI dodge 2.2. Plus i think NA carbed mosters are :bigpimp: carbed parts are cheap (with the exeption of Weber DCOE's) and easy to tune, i know we could get 200hp (flywheel) if we use the right induction system and cam.

finboy
11-17-2004, 02:21 PM

Cool, good to know. The wagon is an '83 though, so i think they may be a little different than the '86+ k-cars.

Nope, sorry. It is a Mopar perfomance header, it's funkin huge, with 3" collector! Its black, and we had to bang in the primary tube comming from cylender #1 to clear the steering pump

Yah, we would like to, however i dont know if it will bolt on to the pre '86 chassis and motor, we are scared that we would have to ge custom shafts made if we use the later tranny, if we use the early charger tranny it will work for sure. Everyone that had modified k-cars has used the later models and pars are more swappable on those models. If you know for sure or know where i can fine the RIGHT information, please let me know

for the same reason as stated above, it would be way too much work (more than the car is worth) to swap in ECU, fule System, wiring and dash cluster from an FI dodge 2.2. Plus i think NA carbed mosters are :bigpimp: carbed parts are cheap (with the exeption of Weber DCOE's) and easy to tune, i know we could get 200hp (flywheel) if we use the right induction system and cam.

the only difference i could think of would be the k-member but that would be an easy swap, as for the carb, whatever floats your boat :dunno:

funkytuqe
11-17-2004, 04:00 PM
the only difference i could think of would be the k-member but that would be an easy swap
Hmmmm, ok that helps then, we will have to look into that

as for the carb, whatever floats your boat
These babies do more that just float my boat:drool:
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/383000-383999/383975_8_full.jpg

Chim
11-25-2004, 03:41 PM
Haha I know the guy, but haven't seen the car in person. Was wondering when someone would make a thread about it.

:thumbsup: to modding a k-car, as I used to own one and used to make jokes about doing something similar (making it look stupid as hell but giving it some balls)

:thumbsdow to driving like an asshat

maxout
11-25-2004, 03:46 PM
:thumbsup: sweet i wanna see the car that must be pimped

funkytuqe
11-27-2004, 03:48 PM
Well, the car is fucked, it won't be on the road for a while!! So you guys can breath a sigh of relif since you won't have to worry about is crazy ass driving on the road for a while.
When: Wednsday evening around 6:30 PM
Where: Dearfoot trail north bound just south of Pegan trail right after Calfrope bridge.
He was on his way up to my place beacuse we had a soccer game to go to in the NE and all of a sudden he lost power and stalled out. He pulled over (someone here might have seen him) and discovered a very nasty knocking in the bottom end. Managed to get it runing and limp it to the Road King. Called me cuz i have AMA so i went down there to meet him and called a tow truck. The motor runs, but it's not healthy, it knock's like a bitch, one of his barings is gone and she's not driveable. I guess thats what you get when you drive an old dodge 2.2l with over 200k on the clock, put some performance into it and drive it like you think your in an STI :guns: Oh well, he know it would happen sooner or later (well maybe not soo soon) haha. So the car is off the road and we will be putting in a new bottom end, hopefully one to match the head and cam we just put in there. Or maybe it's turbo time:burnout:

Oh and i'll se if i can get some pics, commedy on wheels!:D

big_k
11-27-2004, 03:53 PM
haha, this is funny, i went to high school with this kid, don't like the car AT ALL>

marq-jt
11-27-2004, 04:06 PM
i seen this car soemtimes... pretty funny ... lol but yah
think this guy lives a few blocks away from me...

Hey funkytuqe u guys live by the tans dont yah.... i have seen he car parked a few drivewasy from them..if not my bad...

xkon
11-27-2004, 04:31 PM
ive seen that thing parked in cedarbrae... and no he cant drive!

icydude666
11-28-2004, 10:45 PM
i want to see a picture of this thing.

finboy
11-28-2004, 10:50 PM
Well, the car is fucked, it won't be on the road for a while!! So you guys can breath a sigh of relif since you won't have to worry about is crazy ass driving on the road for a while.
When: Wednsday evening around 6:30 PM
Where: Dearfoot trail north bound just south of Pegan trail right after Calfrope bridge.
He was on his way up to my place beacuse we had a soccer game to go to in the NE and all of a sudden he lost power and stalled out. He pulled over (someone here might have seen him) and discovered a very nasty knocking in the bottom end. Managed to get it runing and limp it to the Road King. Called me cuz i have AMA so i went down there to meet him and called a tow truck. The motor runs, but it's not healthy, it knock's like a bitch, one of his barings is gone and she's not driveable. I guess thats what you get when you drive an old dodge 2.2l with over 200k on the clock, put some performance into it and drive it like you think your in an STI :guns: Oh well, he know it would happen sooner or later (well maybe not soo soon) haha. So the car is off the road and we will be putting in a new bottom end, hopefully one to match the head and cam we just put in there. Or maybe it's turbo time:burnout:

Oh and i'll se if i can get some pics, commedy on wheels!:D

go turbo EFI and you won't regret ditching the carbs, and tell him to stop driving like an ass, thats not cool if he's putting other people at risk.

vegas2005baby
11-28-2004, 11:00 PM
I"d stick with the carbs, they are way better suited for making power at full throttle then any shitty dodge fuel injection system. not to mention that it would be easier to Turbo them anyway :poosie:

funkytuqe
11-29-2004, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by marq-jt
i seen this car soemtimes... pretty funny ... lol but yah
think this guy lives a few blocks away from me...

Hey funkytuqe u guys live by the tans dont yah.... i have seen he car parked a few drivewasy from them..if not my bad...

The Tans?? Are they the guys on he corner??

I"d stick with the carbs, they are way better suited for making power at full throttle then any shitty dodge fuel injection system. not to mention that it would be easier to Turbo them anyway

My thoughts exactly, nice to hear someone else is with me. To be honest we don't know right now what direction we will take, we may go for a full FI conversion after all and hang up the carb. If we decide to stay NA, then it's carbs for sure!!

funkytuqe
12-28-2004, 12:11 PM
Ok i know you guys are dying to see these. Also there are a couple pics of the mopar header, i think someone was asking for some. ENJOY:poosie:
http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=755975

youngbex
12-28-2004, 12:46 PM
lol:thumbsdow

BigBearWest
12-28-2004, 06:07 PM

The Tans?? Are they the guys on he corner??

Yes

funkytuqe
12-29-2004, 12:16 AM
/\
/\
Ok, yah those guys are hard core, i gotta give them props, i loved every car that rolled out of their garage!!! I especially liked the old Celica Paul used to have.:burnout: Supper nice guys, they even helped me out to swap a motor in my lude a couple years ago:thumbsup: